PDA

View Full Version : Vincent's Claw

LuckInSpades
01-18-2003, 02:35 AM
Just wanted to know how people have been making Vincent's claw. I made mine out of posterboard, string, tape, and gold spraypaint. I want to get my hands on sheetmetal and weld a nice one, though.

And, anyone got pix of it? I have one that a convention photographer took. :schitzo:<~ That's just there for fun ^,^;;

LuckInSpades
01-19-2003, 03:37 PM
Nobody?? o.O)

Setsuna22
01-19-2003, 10:19 PM
I like your's A lot! I haven't really seen many, but yours seems to be very well done! ( I know thats not alotta help, but hopefully its inspiring) Keep up the good work!!!!! ^_^

lilbigbidegain
08-12-2007, 12:56 AM
HEY! Im working on THE SAME THING! and ive found that using "sheet foam" (its about 1/8 inch thick and EXTREMELY flexible, and feels like felt) its easy to use, cut, craft and glue/attach/ mold to your will! i bout 5 sheets of it at michael's craft store for 29 cents each! hope that was some help man! good luck!

lilbigbidegain
08-12-2007, 01:00 AM
here are the two reference shots i used for my model! hope they help!!! and dude...METAL IS PRICEY! and its REALLY heavy...i wouldnt try it unless ur the Hulk!

9to5atthemorgue
08-13-2007, 03:08 PM
My boyfriend made this vincent claw that I wore for my femme vincent cosplay. Its made of cardboard, hot glue, and gold spray paint. Its based on the advent children/ dirge of cerberus version tho, not the original like yours.
Very nice btw.
Heres a pic.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=976880

rockthedojo
08-14-2007, 09:14 AM
If you bought a rivet gun and some and about 2 to 3 ft of sheetmetal and a can of dupicolor newage import yellow, maybe sand the sheetmetal with 120grit to 180 grit with 2 to 3 layers of the metallic yellow you could bust out a realistic vincent claw in a day or two easy and to exagerate the tips and such you could sand them down or buy window chrome stripping at any autoparts store in gold of course. It has an adhesive to stick and stay gives a nice look doesn't even look plastic... But thats just what i would do =o/

Grand total for supplies and paint id put it around 40-60$$ for a pro looking claw

Keep in mind the rivet gun is the most exspensive thing they cost like 15-30$$ >.< maybe you can barrow one...