PDA

View Full Version : Tea Gardener

KaineMaxwell
01-18-2003, 10:03 AM
Someone I know is trying to do a Tea Gardener (from Yugioh) cosplay for a con this yr..got any suggestions on putting her costume together?

TheLoneWolf
01-18-2003, 10:18 AM
.......a short skirt,yellow top&blue (i think) petticoat.....shouldn't be too hard to find!

Bonk
01-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Ooh, someone's planning on cosplaying Tea, ^^ Tell them good luck. Heh, and just curious, what con are they planning to wear it to? -Is a Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayer herself and has never seen another Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayer at a Con before though she's seen pictures of a YGO cosplayer from a Con she went to but didn't see the person at the con- Anyways, what outfit of Tea's are they planning to do? Her school uniform? The one she wears during Duelist Kingdom? Battle City? Pre-Battle City(What she wears during Dungeon Dice Monsters and then up until Battle City, when she changes into a pastel coloured outfit)? Her Egyptian one? Oo She wears a lot of different things.

KaineMaxwell
01-18-2003, 02:23 PM
I'll have to ask her on that actually.

KaineMaxwell
01-21-2003, 05:26 PM
She wants to do Tea's Battle City outfit. Any ideas anyone?

Spooky Brew
01-21-2003, 07:43 PM
I got a lot of my stuff for my Bakura costume at Wal-Mart. But that's me though!

Bonk
01-22-2003, 07:27 PM
Hmm, let's see here -Digs up screenshots-, well, first, she'll need shorts that, when standing up with arms down at sides, will go down to her wrists, in other words, pretty short shorts Xx, and then, she'll need socks that go clear up to the beginning of the palm of her hand(where the fingers are connected to it), in other words, uberly long socks, and then, she'll need blue platform sandals(Oo) that have a strap going across the ankle and then a larger one going across the center of the foot, also she'll need one blue and one white loose hanging braclet, and for the shirt, well, maybe try modifying a cheerleader's vest pattern, and adding a collar? It has to be kinda tight though, since that's the way Tea wears it >>. That's about all the components to her outfit, other than the belt, which'll likely have to be handmade from leftover fabric from the vest type thing, if there is any ^^'. I hope I was of some help, if not, then ignore this Xx I'm not all here today, and, I've been looking at Yu-Gi-Oh screenshots all night...I'm amusing myself with the fact that Tristan gets turned into a robotic monkey later in the series. Yes, I really do not have a life.

KaineMaxwell
01-24-2003, 09:31 AM
Anyone else got advice and pictures too?
Thanks DMG!

KuroBara
01-24-2003, 11:09 PM
Hey Kaine, what con is this for? I'm part of a YGO group for I-Con and Otakon, but we have no Tea. If you could post a pic here, that'd help, although DMG really has you covered!

KaineMaxwell
01-25-2003, 09:04 AM
I think she wants the cosplay for Otakon if I remember correctly.

KaineMaxwell
01-31-2003, 09:15 PM
bumping this a bit

Sciguy
01-31-2003, 09:57 PM
Hey DMG, if you're going to Otakon or Katsucon, bring your deck and I'll duel you! Mwa ha ha!

Bonk
02-01-2003, 12:39 PM
Psh >> I'll lose.

Sciguy
02-01-2003, 07:44 PM
In fact, I'll duel anyone! My deck isn't the best in the world, but I'll still duel anyone!

Ok, it's decided. If I see any Yuugiou cosplayers, they're getting challenged!

KaineMaxwell
02-03-2003, 03:38 PM
Cmon guys, any other advice?

Mekou
02-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Second hand stores will be TONs of help. ^_^ Even if you don't find everything thir first time keep goin back and eventually you will find EXACTLY what you need and at a VERY low price.

That's what I did for my Bakura costume. ^__^ It took a total of 15 times but I FINALLY found the a semi-perfect striped shirt! ^___^ (it was semi perfect cuz the colour was a little off but oh well.)

I have THREE version of Bakura in my little cosplay box. ^_^ lol Go me! =p

Miroku
02-04-2003, 11:43 PM
A Battle City Tea costume shouldnt be that hard. Its just a yellow shirt/swetaer thing, and an orange mini skirt. Is that what you had in mind.

Bonk
02-05-2003, 06:34 PM
That's not her Battle City outfit. She only wears that outfit for about three episodes or so. Her Battle City one's the one I described. She wears that from after Pandora's duel to what are presently airing in Japan, which's almost for 70 episodes.