PDA

View Full Version : Memorable Moments at AMA 2005

AgentOS
06-20-2005, 07:18 AM
I was wondering what memorable moments people had at the Con. I know some people were disappointed and others had a blast. The rave line was massive and the cosplay was jampack. For those that went to kareoke I am sorry to have gone up there to do final countdown due to my state of mind. I had been drinking earlier and I do not think it left my system before singing :rolleyes: anyways I thought the Tekken 5 tournament was entertaining and the 32 person grind line at the rave was exciting.

Malaki
06-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Um...I'd have to say the whole weekend was great. I got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep, lol. I got to spend some time with my girlfriend, :razz: , got to run around at the rave giving out hugs and kandee, and just had a good time. Can't wait till next AMA! ^.^

JonnyStarwind
06-20-2005, 10:21 AM
The fact that I danced at the Rave is a pretty good one.
But definitely the Rave.
I was the guy the started the line running around the entire room.

Deena
06-20-2005, 10:22 AM
My memorable moments of the weekend was being thrown around in the pool friday night. And then meeting up with some really awesome Bleach cosplayers and climbing up in a tree and cutting my hands in the process. XD Then Kenpachi getting beamed in the head with a sword. That bump was HUGE. @_@ Poor Ken-chan. He got a battle wound.

Then Sunday... Going out to eat with the Bleach people at the mall and not being able to eat because my gelled hair was right infront of my mouth so someone put a rolled up piece of napkin at the base of my hair just so I could stuff my face. <3

AMA was really fun for me. <3

NixKlouD
06-20-2005, 10:24 AM
Probably raving was the best "moment" but the whole con was great. I got to make a lot of friends and meet back up with some old ones; everyone was so chill and in such a great mood that the vibe was awesome. I also got a chance to join the staff as a med kid, and will hopefully be working the con next year. Until then I'll hopefully run into some of yall at Anime USA or Katsu ^^ AMA wil always be my home-con though ^^

Yokai Tsuchi
06-20-2005, 11:55 AM
I loved the cosplays. The rave, not so much. I had more fun in the line than in the rave.

I was sad though because someone took and lost my sparkly silver hat!

Fory-san
06-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Being up on stage with my friends (including Ultry-chan ^.~) during the hilarious cosplay pre-show. All the skits were fantastic this year with my favorites being Kabuki Duck Hunt and the beautifully coreographed Fushigi Yuugi skit! Those two blew my mind for awesomeness. ^.^

D2RCR
06-20-2005, 03:28 PM
My favorite moments of AMA were the cosplay pre-show, Kabuki Duck Hunt, the Final Fantasy skit, the Mario Kart tournament (7th, woo! ^__^), and the Halo 2 tournament (awesome).

Reiko
06-20-2005, 03:34 PM
being on stage and not killing eachother with flags ^_^ lol being in the cosplay it was fun ^_^ after all the practices and injuries we finally got up there and did a skit!

ainslye
06-20-2005, 05:07 PM

SADMASK13
06-20-2005, 05:24 PM
My favorite was getting to glomp the Shuichi cosplayer on Saturday. And my otehr favorite was whe I got humped as mana-sama by a cat guy, and then I got sandwich humped. Which was fun and awesome. Although Sunday was reallly cool because I got kissed goodnight a bazzillion times by all different peoples when I cosplayed Sleepy mana. It was the greatest time ever! And I enjoyed it as my first con better than anything! i loved it so much! And thanks to everyones for making it so enjoyable!

Midknight
06-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Being in the FY skit and being called up for so many awards afterward... I was quite shocked to say the least...

Watching Luke and Jan Valentine from the Hellsing skit play patty-cake in the masquerade green room... That was quite surreal lol. I only wish I could have seen the actual skit. I love Hellsing....

Eating a mixture of coffee grounds and sugar from the packets provided in the hotel room to stay awake while I worked on my Soi costume all of friday night. Blegh.

Watching the Kabuki Duck Hunt skit from off stage and finally figuring out what was going on (I had seen it a few times in rehearsal without music). OMG it was funny! Great job guys!

Chatting with members of the Hellsing skit while waiting in line for the craftsmanship walk on... (I wish we had been able to exchange info... Give me a PM if you read this lol.)

Riding in the elevator while MC Chris's Boba Fett song blasted out of a stereo being held by one of the occupants.

Having so many people touching my Soi boob armor... Soi really needs to have weapons...

And the Agent takeover of Burger King after leaving the con on Sunday. LOL

Odysseanpromise
06-20-2005, 06:55 PM
I think the best moment was following the Rinoa cosplayer who was hitting people over the head with an inflatable Hamtaro hammer.

It was also amazing that after a while I was known as "that guy who was following the girl who was striking people with the hammer".

Star_Angel
06-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Being on stage and hearing the people ;aughing while I was playing and thinking "what is Riji doing that is making these people laugh?!?!" lol

Slamming Riji's hand in my van door (Im sooooo sorry!!)

Staying up till 4 am with Riji Sat morning waiting for GreatSG to get to Richmond so we could let him in the room!

Getting stared at in the mall food court Fri, and then Sat when Unwantedkikyo went with us to eat, everyone staring at her dressed as Mana (that was sooo funny!)

Singing a techno-ish song with only the word Haro with Riji!

Tora
06-20-2005, 08:04 PM
There's a hellova lot.... but I'll post the few I can remember.

Participating in the cosplay, and getting to be around such great people (staff included).

Singing crazy songs in the cosplay green room to keep from being nervous. Nuriko, Tama and Nakago can sing a mean Meow Mix theme, let me tell you. XD

Cosplaying characters from my book. No one knew who we were, but the fact that my friend made these costumes, and we did it was just surreal. I loved it.

Having people recognize me! That's always surprizing >_>'

And last but not least, the VERY nice people in the elevators who helped Reiko and I pack up a bunch of our boxes on Saturday night. That was just awesome.

Reiko
06-20-2005, 08:13 PM
There's a hellova lot.... but I'll post the few I can remember.

Participating in the cosplay, and getting to be around such great people (staff included).

Singing crazy songs in the cosplay green room to keep from being nervous. Nuriko, Tama and Nakago can sing a mean Meow Mix theme, let me tell you. XD

Cosplaying characters from my book. No one knew who we were, but the fact that my friend made these costumes, and we did it was just surreal. I loved it.

Having people recognize me! That's always surprizing >_>'

And last but not least, the VERY nice people in the elevators who helped Reiko and I pack up a bunch of our boxes on Saturday night. That was just awesome.

HA yes that was a fun time right there. lol thank you to all of you that helped us!!

Angel O' Dark M
06-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Being in the FY skit and being called up for so many awards afterward... I was quite shocked to say the least..

Tee heee! *Glomp* I found One of you!!! Now to seek out the rest!!! Hee hee

This is "the Doctor" from the hellsing skit you talked to in the hall before we got judged on costumes!

You guys rocked!!

Angel O' Dark M
06-20-2005, 08:55 PM
being on stage and not killing eachother with flags ^_^ lol being in the cosplay it was fun ^_^ after all the practices and injuries we finally got up there and did a skit!

Haa haaa Found another one of you!! I will find you all!!! *glomp*

HealerKou
06-20-2005, 09:16 PM

Hey, Doctor What's-His-Nuts! (as I like to say) You have also been spotted! Pa-ha! I win!

Memorable moments included walking into the con, being bored, and asking if me and my fiance could judge the cosplay. XD Best.Idea.EVER. I'm so glad we got to see it. And I'm so glad I got to talk to so many nice and awesome cosplayers along the way. Who it seems are all members here. ^_^;

Small world.

Or is it...?

Reiko
06-20-2005, 09:18 PM

lol would it be quicker if I gave you our site XDD www.agentsofcosplay.com XD

I really wish we could have watched your skit but with all of us in back of you it was kinda hard. I loved the music though!!! hopefully when we track down the Skit videos I can finally see it... lol and I'll come up to say hi next con we are at with you

quadrain61
06-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Friday night When we were all in Star_Angel's room when she started to go all out with her trophy...lol. We were all discussing what my first cosplay should be for my next con (and I'll just leave it at that unless someone spills the beans). Riji kept molesting the Dejiko (Link_Arroway) Saturday night. Checking out of the hotel Sunday using the TV for the first time then going down to the lobby and seeing a long line (I'm doing this from now on). Wanting to post photo DSC07795 on my website but I'm not since I promised GreatSG. Moe and I went strange photo hunting when he tried to pose with the cosplayers and me taking pictures (these photos also didn't get on my site). At the mall a rent-a-cop repeatedly asked me to NOT TAKE PICTURES OF STORES (and I wasn't)...wtf, I'm going to take pictures of cosplayers at the Holiday Inn not Chesterfield mall stores. Wanting to sleep at the bar right when I finished uploading pictures. I was REALLY REALLY tired Sunday. The karaoke moment at the Chisuji.com and Team Draconia table in the artists alley XD. Typing this and looking around and just found my other compact flash card with a few photos I haven't uploaded yet -_-

GreatSG
06-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Wanting to post photo DSC07795 on my website but I'm not since I promised GreatSG.

The sight of me wearing a pink wig and making a dumb face are not things I wish upon this world to see. XP

MonoyashaJLA
06-20-2005, 10:25 PM
soooo many things to list ^^;

Hmmmm....running around in Krad and Dark(tora) friday..and totally getting asked to got to the hall costume contest by the staff members..lmao!!

standing in line with gang during the cosplay bobbing up and down to calm ourselves,
Micheal scaring the crap out of a poor Ed cosplayer in the hall way (gave her an asema attack O.<)

Meghan and I walking up to receive the Friday costume award..lol then Chibi for saturday and Lizzy for expert!! HAHA I KNOW ALL YAH!!!

Erics reaction to the Chairmans award for wearing the tohma costume!!
Going to the RAVE!! Yeah totally cosplay soup..random fangs, orange contacts, tail then Krad wings!!
I had a blast!!
Meeting up again with Andy/Chibi and his drunken friend..apperently has hit in the head earlier that day with a boken? kept trying to jokenly hit back..LMAO!!
OH!!!
And being completely tackled to the wall by a rabid fangirl in my tasuki costume..then she went after Meghan(nuriko)...AND SHE RAN FOR THE ELEVATOR! XD

Overall I love this convention, The staff was AWSOME!! everyone so nice, the medic room helped clean my deep cut with the greatest of care..LOVE U ALL!!

Star_Angel
06-20-2005, 10:47 PM
We were all discussing what my first cosplay should be for my next con (and I'll just leave it at that unless someone spills the beans).
Lol, I still think you should do one of those two cosplays for otakon! I mean it!!! lol

NekoZidane
06-21-2005, 02:29 AM
Erics reaction to the Chairmans award for wearing the tomo costume!!

XD! Yeah, considering that I've never won anything before in my life, it WAS kind of a shock to the system. I'd imagine I looked like Chevy Chase caught in a blender with a maribou and Kiss.

Malaki
06-21-2005, 01:18 PM
j/w, did any other crossplayers get made fun of by that one group of guys at the table (next to the balcony) on the second floor? This happened to me on saturday afternoon and was probably the only bad part of the con. Having people yell "pick a gender" isn't exactly the friendly con atmosphere I was hopeing for. :sulk:

Xavier
06-21-2005, 01:27 PM
j/w, did any other crossplayers get made fun of by that one group of guys at the table (next to the balcony) on the second floor? This happened to me on saturday afternoon and was probably the only bad part of the con. Having people yell "pick a gender" isn't exactly the friendly con atmosphere I was hopeing for. :sulk:

Rrow. I chased those people down. *evil eyes*

I had a funny look when I was walking into the walmart for glowsticks ... I pulled up there blaring "Tipsy" from my car, and then the funny stares that scarred most of everyone when I came out in my "catgirl" outfit. ^^; (as well as the funy stares playing that when coming back from the con)

cosplayroadkill
06-22-2005, 11:05 AM
^^ Deffenently running around and hitting people with my inflatable Hamtaru Hammer. And meeting so many great people! If I annoyed anyone, I really am sowy v.v

Oh, and having the staff peace bond my hammer a record 4 times XD

Flute
06-22-2005, 11:24 AM
^^ Deffenently running around and hitting people with my inflatable Hamtaru Hammer. And meeting so many great people! If I annoyed anyone, I really am sowy v.v

Oh, and having the staff peace bond my hammer a record 4 times XD

My friends kept talking about how they had been "blessed" after you hit them. XD

My memorable moment was the kareoke. Twas my first time. I was horribly nervous but it was insanely fun. Will I be doing it again? You betcha. No more trying to sing and parapara at the same time though. XP Concentrating on that made me forget the words to the song at one point.

BondageFlute
06-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Dahaha, Wendy's with John, Jenken, Kakashi RPer and Josh. Fun stuff. Also when the guy from behind the counter was like "Is that from Naruto??" at a pillow my friend was holding. Sweet.

The most unpleasant memory being kareoke. It wasn't kareoke for me though so I guess.. 'parapara on stage and feel really uncomfortable'. o_o I'm glad my Oishi was there. I'm so embarassed, I don't know if anyone noticed but I messed up ALOT.. X_O

And when my sister told me about the girl who thought Mikael was mean.. I really wanted to go scare that girl, but the satisfactory of being just called mean was good enough.

Forced to drink Inui juice-- which was good!

Having my Mikael boots adored by many.

Having a Kaido plushie bought for me by someone I hardly knew. (I love you random Zabusa cosplayer !)

Playing "Shino's Party Game"..

And there's so much more, I'll just leave it there. >>

Psyva
06-23-2005, 01:58 AM
Let's see...

Eating birthday cake on the 8th floor with two friends and offering cake to random passing people...

Playing bag on 1.5 and reverse in the DDR tournament lol.

Being glomped in my Vincent Valentine costume.

Mmmm I have more but those are probably the tops right now ;D.

NixKlouD
06-23-2005, 05:59 AM
^^ it was your b-day this weekend? What an awesome present, huh? You kicked at Bag! I tried to get a picture, but it's blurry since we weren't allowed to use flash in the tournament room.
Take Care,
-Nix```

Fory-san
06-23-2005, 08:47 AM

LOL OMG, that was you guys?! You did such an incredible job! ^.^

Reiko
06-23-2005, 09:01 AM
LOL OMG, that was you guys?! You did such an incredible job! ^.^

^_^ yes that was us lol. lol thank you for the complement! ^_^

I have a pic of us in my gallery with the cast listed and those who are on c.com I have there names there. lol here ya go..

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=376395 I believe I listed there c.com name ^_^

Psyva
06-23-2005, 03:09 PM
lol wasn't my birthday, but two of my friends. It was actually like a pre-birthday cake because I wasn't going to see both of them on their birthdays lol.

cosplayroadkill
02-13-2006, 04:47 PM
wow, i havent check cosplay.com in a really long time, thats really funny. I'm going again to AMA this year, perhaps we should all meet up ^.^

Kaoshima
02-18-2006, 09:13 PM
I haven't been here in a looong time, but oh well,

my favorite part of the con was as always, the rave, which me and all my friends frequent at all the cons we go to religiously, as well as the awesome cosplay skits (kabuki duckhunt and the rpg ones were hilarious) and the amvs,

on sunday, my friends and i were just riding the elevator and someone gave us an empty pizza box, so we stopped at the 4th floor, gave it to some random people there, when we came back, they threw it back at us, and then we came back and threw it back at them. it was fun

I was Yusuke Urameshi btw,

strawbryshuichi
03-02-2006, 11:04 PM
AMA was awesome in it's entirety...But..favorite moment you ask?....Me being Inui on Saturday...that was a blast n.n Cause I friends rocked and drank my Jiru <333