PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Kenshin Cosplayers in Alabama Area

CrossScar
01-18-2003, 12:52 PM
Hey Everyone. I dont know if there are many ppl.. but im currently looking for people who live in Alabama (or really close) and that are kenshin Fan's w/ costumes. I'm waniting to do a Photo shoot or two this spring / Summer, and wanted to know if there are other fans in the area, who would like to join me for it =)

Thanks!

- Justin

SuthrnBelleChan
01-21-2003, 08:45 PM
When are you planning to do this and which Kenshin characters do you need? i would be happy to attend

CrossScar
01-21-2003, 08:55 PM
HI HI ^_^

Well Actually any characters will do, i just thought it would be kind cool to gather them up if theres some here and do a photoshoot. Whether it be the TV or the OVA style. So far i have another Kenshin who, she siad she'd come and join in. so its really any characters are needed / wanted.

If possible i think it would be cool to have a ShinsenGumi of some sort, but if not oh well =)P

But we have plenty of time to plan and stuff ^-^, Where abouts do you live?

- Justin

EDIT: oops i forgot the first part of your question... hehe I would say in the Early Summer or Fall time, i guess any time that its not too incredibly hot, and a time that i can get everyone together ^^

SuthrnBelleChan
01-21-2003, 08:58 PM
I live in madison, and I was thinking about doing the "Crimson Pirate" a.k.a. Lady Shura from the Crimson Pirate Series of Rurouni Kenshin. I would need to get started on it soon perhaps?

CrossScar
01-21-2003, 09:04 PM
In madison huh? hehe Are you gunna attend ChibiCon .. since its right there in the town ^o^. I'll be attending for most likely the day.

Oooh that'd be a cool costume ^o^ I haven't seen anyone do that one, I dont think!

I'll have to put together a small contact list of some sort, possibly on my website ^.^ so that way i can get back with everyone.

- Justin

SuthrnBelleChan
01-22-2003, 06:12 AM
Okie dokie, i'll psot a picture of her when I find one. Yeha i'm going to ChibiCon hehe I'm the one running it :) I'm glad you'll be attending! You can go ahead and pre-reg now and it's a whole lot cheaper

CrossScar
01-22-2003, 05:41 PM
I know what Shura looks like, I think that'll be a neato costume to do ^_^

Thats spiffy ^o^ Thats for putting together a Con in our own state *hops* yaaaaay

SuthrnBelleChan
01-22-2003, 09:58 PM
Hehe i'm very happy to ablige to Alabama otaku hehe. Yeha Shuura is my ultimate fave Kenshin person. As soon as I saw the Crimson Pirate series I was like "I AM Shuura!" She's amazing. I'm gonna start on it soon k? What part of 'bama are you from?

AshleyV
01-23-2003, 12:23 AM
I'm so up for a Photoshoot! I have Misao from Kenshin!
CrossScar: So you'll be comming up to the con for a day?

*Just a little bit hyper because it is snowing.*

CrossScar
01-23-2003, 05:32 AM
Hi Hi!

Hehehe, thats kinda what i said about when I saw the Battousai ^-^; hehe

I live in Hoover, below B'ham.

Ashley - HI HI ^O^ Yaaayy another person *hop hop* Yep i'll be coming up for ChibiCon ^-^ ..

heeey give me some snooow

SuthrnBelleChan
01-23-2003, 09:44 AM
I snowing Ashie-chan!!! Hehe yeha, i looked at your site, you really do look like Kenshin! I have a 2 questions about Shuura: should I do the hair down or inthe turban looking thing, and do the pants with the tear and bandage from when she got shot, or just regular?

CrossScar
01-23-2003, 06:01 PM
Yes it snowed here too *o*.. just for a few minutes tho... ahhh.. our few mins of winter *lol*

Yay!! Thankys much for the comment!

Eeekk Kenshin questions ^o^;; heeh. I'm gunna have to look, its been soo long since i've seen those particular eps. I'll pop em in my computer 2night and check em out and i'll get back to you, I'm not picky really, i guess which ever you'll like better.. i'll all look anyhow ^_^

- Justin

SuthrnBelleChan
01-23-2003, 09:00 PM
LOL okie dokie, it's just the scarf head thing 'll be difficult to tie, but it'll be more accurate i guess cuz she wore for 2/3 of the eps. Aww a few min. of winter hehe. Me being the crazy cosplayer I got outside in one of my RPG costume(I didn't sew it, i had to buy it cuz i couldn't find the right material and when i saw the dress i was like WOW PERFECT!) and took some pics in the snow. They're pretty but it was COLD!!! lol

CrossScar
01-23-2003, 09:18 PM
I'm having a problem watching my DVD's... stoopid computer copyright.. grr, But try adn do whihc one you think you'd have most fun with ^_^

*lol* yeah just a few mins... everyone at work were all excited because it was snowing and everyone said "Oh!! we gotta go home now" and sutff..

Heheh, I'd probably do that if there was more then a few flakes ^-^

SuthrnBelleChan
01-24-2003, 06:17 AM
lol i wouldn't blame ya! I think i'll jsut do her regular outfit. Are any more people other than me and ash wanting to join?

CrossScar
01-24-2003, 05:16 PM
Theres my friend "ReverseBladeX" Shes another Kenshin / Battousai who is interested. Shes trying to see if we can do something in May... maybe the end of.. i'll still have to tlak to her bout that

- Justin ^_^

SuthrnBelleChan
01-24-2003, 10:25 PM
The end of May ish bad idea at least for me -.- That's the tennessee renaissance festival and i haev a big photo gathering there. On Sunday after ChibiCon we can all go to this tiny park by my apt. It's got a clearing for like playing soccer and there's soem trees it's really pretty. Remember Ash? i was telling you about it. Or perhaps since it'll be around summer we can go to Edo's becasue they open the back garden in the spring and summer. And we can eat in the Tatami mat room in full costume! ^_^ that would ROCK!

AshleyV
01-26-2003, 03:41 AM
Yea I remember. A photo shoot is definatly needed. If need be we can do it sometimes around my B-day cause it should be pretty warm by then.

SuthrnBelleChan
01-26-2003, 08:37 AM
Yeha it should be, and it'll be fun! hehe I may just dye my hair for Shuura hehe like my mom would ever let me do it. But I'll get started on that as soon as I finish Azumanga Daioh, which Ash they should be about $35 and Ojamajo Doremi is on hold right now until I can get a bunch of things setlled with it. K? But may around Ash's b-day it should be veyr warm. OH and at the con we're gonna have a Blitzball tournament in the pool ^_^

CrossScar
03-03-2003, 03:29 PM
It's been a while since I did a post on this topic. so I thought I would just revive it for a moment.

Since I'm going to be attending ChibiCon ^o^ on Saturday, i thought we could get together for a little bit and talk bout what we want to do, if you girls still wanna do a photo shoot ^.^;;;

I've got a possible place in mind, but im going to probably go in March or April and check it out to see how easy/ hard to would be to get to with costumes.

- Justin