PDA

View Full Version : AMA report... ^^

Fory-san
06-20-2005, 12:13 PM
I had a great time this year, despite the fact the camera battery kept dying on me and the motel security were a little anal this year (but after seeing some of the rowdiness from the fans, I can certainly understand why). ^^; Fortunately, I got to hang out with many of my friends throughout the day and even managed to snag the complete first boxed set of "Nadia: Secret of Blue Water" (is it wrong for me to have ideas to crossplay as Grandis from the show? ^^:;; lol). My Lil' Slugger outfit turned out great and I got a lot of compliments about it. I'm sure there will be pics online which I'll try to locate soon. We left the house about 9AM so we could go by K-mart to buy a plastic wiffle bat, skate knee pads, black baseball cap, and rollerblades. I wonder what the cashier was thinking? ^~; lol I found out after I registered that although the con staff didn't have a problem with me wearing my rollerblades, the motel raised a big stink about it as soon as I walked (well, *rolled*) into the lobby. I am not bitter about it though because I understand that they don't want anyone hurt. Plus, it was probably better for me because I don't think my poor peeling feet could handle them. X_x; lol But the big highlight of the con was being part of the hilarious cosplay pre-show along with friends Derek, Danny, Kara, and of course, my beloved Ultry-chan. It was my fifteen minutes of convention fame and I will never forget the experience (especially after dancing in line to YMCA and acting out sentai poses for the audience). Of course the masquerade was amazing with my favorite skit being Kabuki Duck Hunt. So, that was my Saturday. Shout outs will come later. ^^

NekoZidane
06-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Y'know, being IN the cosplay is a lot of fun, but I find just one problem with it.

You have two chances to see the other skits: During rehearsal and during the actual cosplay. But during rehearsal, there aren't any microphones, so you can't hear the lines being said, and during the cosplay, you're stuck outside unable to see or hear much of anything.

I really wanted to see the Kabuki Duck Hunt, so I hope I can get a hold of the video soon!

HealerKou
06-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Kabuki Duck Hunt had me practically doubled over in laughter. And it was later that I realized (because Kara told me) that the kimono each of them wore was designed to fit their character. Like the "duck" had what looked like wings on the arms of the kimono, and those fans were like wings, and there were feathers in her hair. That's rad.

Once again, my main shout-out and "report" is just to those who made the cosplay great. ^_^ I still can't get over how impressed I was by everyone!

Fory-san
06-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Kabuki Duck Hunt had me practically doubled over in laughter. And it was later that I realized (because Kara told me) that the kimono each of them wore was designed to fit their character. Like the "duck" had what looked like wings on the arms of the kimono, and those fans were like wings, and there were feathers in her hair. That's rad.

Is that right?! Wow...now that's detail! The whole thing was so original that it could be considered genius. ^.^

BTW, I saw you up front during the pre-show and was trying to toss my hat over to you, but it missed. ^^;; lol