PDA

View Full Version : Regional Rail (Think Metro)

Link Arroway
06-20-2005, 10:26 PM
http://misuzu.kukaionline.com/NCMetro/regionalmap.jpg
http://misuzu.kukaionline.com/NCMetro/Legend_000.jpg

yay, in 3 years it will be slightly easier to get around here... now just add ones that cross all over the place like the DC system

apparently the future/proposed new hope station is suppost to be under the street too. sounds interesting :D

all the TTA (Triangle Transit Authority), DATA (Durham Bus System), CAT (Raleigh Bus System) will (if not already, I dunno, never ride bus) have a single card system

now just wait until I-540 is renamed I-640 and by then it might be worth riding somewhere XD

Tigress
06-21-2005, 12:45 AM
Where did you find this? I've been drooling over the concept of a NC subway since college! (Hour-long commute, each way, every day... :sulk: )

In a state where a 30-45 min. commute is expected and a 90-min. isn't totally unheard of, this would be a god-send.

quadrain61
06-21-2005, 02:17 PM
That's a similar map. One thing though, all they're doing is using the rails that already exist and building more onto it. I 1-12 exist already using CSX freight tracks and I dunno about the others because those tracks I think also exist. The connection from 5 and 7 looks like it has to be built but hey I'd love to use the rail to save on gas.

Now only if they joined up with the WMATA (Washington Metro Area Transit Authority) and use the SmarTrip card I'd be VERY happy since I already have one :D. I used it for Katsucon and now for Otakon since the Baltimore light rail uses it (or will be).

Chukkie
06-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Is this system going to be built just around the Raleigh area or is it going to branch out farther?

quadrain61
06-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Is this system going to be built just around the Raleigh area or is it going to branch out farther?

The government is giving money to the TTA (Triangle Transit Authority) to use/build the rails so mostly the map above is what their going to use. The outer places however like Cary and Apex, they'll supply Shuttles to nearby stops.

Chukkie
06-22-2005, 11:28 AM
hmmm, guess it won't do me any good then (lives on east coast) unless I move to Raleigh, but hey, it's always a possiblility

Tigress
06-22-2005, 11:19 PM
hmmm, guess it won't do me any good then (lives on east coast) unless I move to Raleigh, but hey, it's always a possiblility

If you plan on going to one of the major state colleges, this would help. Most of them are in the center of the state.

emielli
06-23-2005, 02:05 PM
Thats awesome. I`ll be a freshie at NCSU this fall, so maybe I`ll get to experience it one day!

Link Arroway
06-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Oh, stations 1 and 14,15, and 16 are now 'future' stations.. they cut back to save money since TTA is poor and they really want federalies money :D
its not really new news, but i just noticed that map isnt completely up to recent planning. I'll post a new map later