PDA

View Full Version : AC Cubed! - Ottawa

Yuna-X2
06-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Hey everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone on here is planning on going to AC-Cubed, Ottawa's anime convention! This year it'll be a weekend long, right in downtown Ottawa!

http://ac-cubed.ca/

Lyulf
06-22-2005, 10:09 AM
^_^ plan to try go to it v_v but can't confirm yet. glad they have updated the site now ^_^

Yuna-X2
06-28-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm just pleased it's in a location I can recognize right away. Woo for Downtown Ottawa convention that's close to my university! ^_^

x0xkasumix0x
07-04-2005, 11:50 PM
im going for sure ^_^ and my other 2 friends

Yuna-X2
07-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Are you from Ottawa, or do you go to school there?

Cailey
07-08-2005, 09:58 PM

KrezNabel
07-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Hi everyone. I first would like to thank you for your interest in AC Cubed. I can assure you that this year will be better then last… and definitely less cramped. As you know, the AC Cubed website is down, along with other ottawa-anime.net websites such as for Anime@Carleton's and UOttawa's anime club. From what I've been told from our webmaster, this problem should be fixed within the next week.

Chris Nebelsky - Head of Programming, AC Cubed

Yuna-X2
07-10-2005, 12:41 AM
I was wondering where the boards were... Anywho, I'm pretty psyched for AC3, cause my anime partner in crime is finally coming to Carleton, so we can go to a con together! :D I just need to find something to cosplay as. :)

x0xkasumix0x
07-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Are you from Ottawa, or do you go to school there?

naw im from new brunswick XD!

Yuna-X2
07-13-2005, 05:05 PM
You're coming all the way from New Brunswick for AC3? Awesome! I'm going mostly because it'll be the cheapest con I'll ever go to. (YAY for it being bus-accessable from UOttawa!)

Lyulf
07-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Hope to see you again there, You looked a bit tired at AN this year ^_^ x0xkasumix0x

x0xkasumix0x
07-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Hope to see you again there, You looked a bit tired at AN this year ^_^ x0xkasumix0x

omg! hi!!!I only just noticed now it was you!^_^;.. yea i was pretty tired (and increadibly embarrased bout the whole Crying thing *coughs*)

... long pre story between chris and me.. >_<... lets just put it at broken promis, sore feat , no sleep = .. not so happy me ^+^!

so your going to this con for sure?

x0xkasumix0x
07-23-2005, 06:40 PM
You're coming all the way from New Brunswick for AC3? Awesome! I'm going mostly because it'll be the cheapest con I'll ever go to. (YAY for it being bus-accessable from UOttawa!)

im going to be visiting my friends who live in ottawa,,, and hopefully sell a few fleece hats on the side XD... (key word hopefully)

is there like.. at least some people who go?

Yuna-X2
07-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Well, I didn't go last year (I kinda put off my 2 history papers until the weekend before they were due, which happened to be that weekend -_-) But I did see pictures, and it looked well attended for a first time con. Well enough to make it a full weekend.

Jo_Canadian
07-24-2005, 12:39 AM
i would like to go...i have stayage if i need it as well...my grandmother lives in kanata

DJ_Izumi
07-26-2005, 08:48 AM
I'm going, since I live here in Ottawa anyway and because I hang around half the staff members in real life anyway. My cosplays plans is to do Shun Kisaragi from Here Is Greenwood and maybe swap out to a generic Japanese school girl gym uniform later on.

It'll actually be my first convention so I'm really looking forward to it.

Yuna-X2
07-26-2005, 11:55 PM
I'm not sure what I'd like to do for a cosplay. I might do the Ichigo's uniform from the cafe in Tokyo Mew Mew, but I'm not sure yet.

DJ_Izumi
07-27-2005, 01:11 AM
Yuna, you arn't part of either the Ottawa U or Carleton U anime clubs, are you? ^^;

Yuna-X2
07-27-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm in the UOttawa Anime Club... kinda. I didn't go to many showings cause I didn't like the shows that year.

DJ_Izumi
07-27-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm in the UOttawa Anime Club... kinda. I didn't go to many showings cause I didn't like the shows that year.
*looks at your gallery* I think I saw you at OU's first summer showing. ^_^

x0xkasumix0x
07-28-2005, 04:07 PM
im probably going to eather be cosplaying as Sakura from tsubasa Chronicle.. or .. *shrugs* .All i know is that im commisioning two costumes for two of my friends who are going as Watanuki and Yuuko from xxxholic XD

.. hm.. didint i want to do Maria Traydor's school uniform outfit? lol

Number_09
08-08-2005, 09:04 PM
I might go this year if I have some money.
I would've gone last year but it was wedged right in the middle of the Jethro Tull Concert and my mom's B-day (lol).

Anyway, my costume is going to depend on if I decide to make a costume for Halloweeb or not. ^_~

Yuna-X2
08-09-2005, 07:05 PM
*looks at your gallery* I think I saw you at OU's first summer showing. ^_^
No you didn't. I didn't go to summer shows.

x0xkasumix0x
08-29-2005, 11:58 AM
why havint theyupdated the site for artist alley! they keep e-mailing me saying they will .. and that they will by thiss certain date, AND THEY DONT! >_< i mean.. if im selling stuff I sort of have to have this pre planned !!!

unknown_angelxv
08-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Hi pipol! Im new here in Ottawa and I'v learned that There is an ANIME CONVENTION here, which is good! I moved from Mississauga (near Toronto) to Ottawa for 3 months now, and I'm really great to be back here again... I've been to AN 2004 and 2005 and I've been to CNAnime 2004 only kinda new her in Canada that's y =P Anywayz, change topic, yes I'll be going to Anime cubed! so happy that i have a group now too but some of htem are sure about the days but we are ready to cosplay!! we're are planning to in the first day to waer NARUTO ( you guys should watch this, it is the best and its coming out in YTV, finally! im in episode 150 now! and i heard YTV will show until episode 60 wat a bum!) and then the next day we'll be Final Fantasy Children Advent! (the movie! just came out in Japan!) If anyone is interested in joining in our group, just let me know!

Oh yes! Characters that we have so far...
First Day: Naruto
Yuuhi Kurenai - Joanne That will be me!
Hyuuga Neji - Micheal
Ten-Ten - Geren
Naruto - Gian
Sakura - Kathy
We are looking for: I'm not basically looking for all characters but if someone want to join in this list let me know!!
Uchiha Sasuke -
Aburame Shino -
Rock Lee -
Hyuuga Hinata -
Inuzuka Kiba -
Hatake Kakashi -
Azuma -

Second Day: Final Fantasy 7 Children Advent
Cloud - Gian
Tifa - Kathy
Yuffie - Geren
Vincent - Joanne..Me!
Reno - Micheal
Characters we need:Again, I'm not basically looking for all characters but if someone want to join in this list let me know!!
Sepiroth -
Barret -
Aerith/Aeris -
Cid -
Zack -

If you guys don't know Naruto visit this site: http://www.narutofan.com/

unknown_angelxv
08-29-2005, 12:36 PM
wazup? =P just bored

unknown_angelxv
08-30-2005, 05:40 PM
gezzz.. pipol dont go online that much.... wierd but hey I'll keep this one alive.. if you guys are in just leave me a note *winks* btw I have some questions, since this is my 1st time going to AC3... are there alot of pipol?.. do they wear costumes?.. do they sell stuff over there?.. X3

Yuna-X2
08-30-2005, 06:57 PM
AC3 isn't a huge con yet, so not everyone is going to reply. Especially since the con is still 3 months away.

I haven't been before either, but I'm assuming since the con could be expanded from a 1 day to a 3 day con after just one year, it's a sign there is a good number of people going. Yes, there are cosplayers, and there is a full masquerade and dance on the Saturday. And yes, there will be a Dealer's Room and an Artist's Alley to buy things at.

http://soap.ottawa-anime.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=11 This is the discussion board for AC3, on the SOAP (Society for Ottawa Anime Promotion) boards.

Jo_Canadian
08-31-2005, 02:04 PM
hey unknown angel, if i go i will prolly dress up as inkuka kiba one day and cid the next if it helps out your group at all.

unknown_angelxv
08-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey Jo Canadian! I'm gald that you'll be joining to our group if you come though =S but hey you are always welcome! XD oh yeah btw jo email or pm me at frozen_angel07@hotmail.com if you any questions X3

Yuna-X2 = Hey thanx for showing me the forum link =D

I can't wait to see ya guyz!! XD

Lorelei
09-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Well, I have friends coming with me, and we'll be there ^_^ I'm not sure which days I'll be wearing which costumes, but it's a toss-up between FF7:AC's Yuffie, Naruto's Temari and KH:COM's Zexion. I have no idea which days I'll be going. I'll probably bring all three, and wear Temari on Saturday, Yuffie at the dance, and Zexion on Sunday.

Also, my friends are doing Naruto's Ino, Kimimarou and Hinata and KH:COM's Marluxia. There may be more than that.

unknown_angelxv
09-13-2005, 01:06 PM
hey..hey..HEY! naruto is coming out this friday! sept 16 in YTV.... but for me it sucks because its in english and it is totally different plus some scenes are cut coz it is inappropriate for kids to watch but hey im happy that we got NARUTO! \m/ ROCK ON!!

Anywayz.. i have start wid my vincent costume yet coz i have no time for it and plus im always broke... does anyone have vincents armor coz i dont want to do it in scratch..blah..blah.. watever... i'll just borrow it for one day =D if anyone has one of those please let me know!!! XD

Yuna-X2
09-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Hey, anyone in the Ottawa area, be sure to go to Anime Banzai this weekend! Both UOttawa and Carleton will be hosting anime showings, and there will be a dance at the Granite Curling Club (Across the street from Westboro transit station). You can pay for your pre-reg for AC3 while there!

AquaChan
09-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Yé, Maybe I can go, I live on Montreal, by my "chalet" (sorry don't noew the englis word) is in "Petite-Nation", about an hour from Ottawa/Gatineau. I'll try to go ^^!

Yuna-X2
09-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Update: Anime Banzai was fun. It was nice meeting people that will be at AC3. I heard they're expecting up to 1000 people, so it should be great. :)

unknown_angelxv
09-25-2005, 09:36 PM
AWW... i missed it! =(

x0xkasumix0x
10-04-2005, 08:46 AM
hey O-o would any one be interested in fleece hats (because im vending in artist alley at the con!) O-o and if so what ones? (i can make pretty much anything ..).. O_O

im trying to figure out which ones to bring.. how many kyo, kero, momiji, dijiko,luna,etc to bring @_@!!

I also do commissioned hats >_> like personalized.. or plain hats!

Yuna-X2
10-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Would you have pictures of the hats you can make? I might be interested in them, depending on if I can afford it and if there are any I'd like.

x0xkasumix0x
10-11-2005, 08:45 AM
yup just click my signature ^_^;.. those are some of my older hats @_@ I should really update it .. O_o

@_@

Jo_Canadian
10-11-2005, 10:08 AM
has anyone got a date for this thing? i need to book the weekend off for work

Yuna-X2
10-11-2005, 12:12 PM
has anyone got a date for this thing? i need to book the weekend off for work

November 19-20

http://ac-cubed.ca/

Lorelei
10-13-2005, 06:15 PM
i would like to go...i have stayage if i need it as well...my grandmother lives in kanata

Well! My friends and I are in Kanata too :) Don't see Kanatans very often, really.

unknown_angelxv
10-14-2005, 01:44 PM
hey guyz! wazup?? i have a problem and i need to make my whole costume asap.... wer can u buy a fabric for vincent the cape thing.... and if any one has a vincent costume.. can i borrow some props or something... if that's fine though.. or i can buy if off from u.. who ever have one... let me know!!! message me or post! =D

x0xkasumix0x
10-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Usually.. you would go to a fabric store to buy fabric.. @_@ theres not really any specific kind.. just stuff you think would suit it and not be too hard to work with O-o..

id better start on mine soon too

Yuna-X2
10-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Go check Walmart for fabric. I was at South Keys Walmart and they seemed rather low on their cotton solids, but if you're looking for anything other than that, you might be in luck.

Also, if anyone knows of a place I can get fabric that is either downtown or on the transitway, could you tell me where?

Lorelei
10-20-2005, 10:51 PM
For those that pre-reg, have you received your confirmation yet, if you did it through paypal? We did over a week ago, and we haven't gotten any word back about it :\

I know there's a Fabricland in Kanata - otherwise, I have no idea where one would go for fabric. That and Wal-Mart and Home Depot are my best friends for cosplay.

Yuna-X2
10-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Sorry, I paid during Anime Bonzai so I got my confirmation a day or two later.

I went to Walmart in South Keys today to get some fabric. How dissapointing! They didn't even have plain white broadcloth!!

Jo_Canadian
10-21-2005, 10:19 AM
hey loreli you say you live in kanata?
would it be possible if i am able to make it that i may meet up and possibly stay with you guys?

neko rinchan
10-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Okay,

There is another Walmart on the transitway at Lincoln Fields. Get off at Lincoln Fields (first stop after going along the river), go up the stairs and follow them to Carling Ave. Turn right after you leave the enclosed walkway, and walk towards the strip mall, and inside the mall on the first floor there is a WalMart. It's never busy, so you should be able to find somethign there.

For actual fabric stores, Take any bus to Baseline station, and get on the 118 Hurdman. Take the bus and get off at the stop at the mini mall (there's a red lobster, a drug store, ask teh bus driver, he'll tell you). Inside the mall, there is a Fabricland, and it's the best place in Ottawa to shop for fabric. Wide selection, and they have a member's program where you get discounts and money off if yo uspend another amount.

There is also a Bouclairs on Merivale Rd. Easiest (but a little long) way to get there would be to take the 86 Lincoln Fields from downtown. After 30 mins or so, get off the bus at the mini malls on Merivale rd. (you should see another Red Lobster, Tims and a Wendy's on the right and a Scotia bank on the right). Get off the bus and walk straight to the minimall and there will be a Bouclairs in there.

Yuna-X2
10-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Which Fabricland is that? 1460 Merivale Road, 2834 St. Joseph Boulevard, 1440 Walkley Road or Shopper's City East - 2016 Ogilvie Road? I need to find the one closest to the UOttawa campus, or the easiest to get from the Transitway. Unless one is signficiantly better than the rest of them, then I'll find there.

I love Fabricland. I just spent my $20 gift certificate on Ichigo fabric and updating my membership.

x0xkasumix0x
10-24-2005, 11:42 AM
O_O... im lucky to live in a small town ^_^; least I know where every thing is.. I should really buy my weekend pass soon @_@.. and my train ticket-.-****

Yuna-X2
10-24-2005, 11:51 AM
I know where everything that I need is... it's just when my regular places run out of the stuff I need, or I can't make it back home to get to my regular store (like Fabricland) that throws me into a panic. :P

Less then a month till AC3! I'm getting psyched.

AquaChan
10-24-2005, 09:26 PM
I talk to my father, and he don't object it, but I must look if it's in the same time of the Montréal book salon, which I want to go.....

I want to gooooooooooooooo v.v!

Lorelei
10-25-2005, 09:15 PM
hey loreli you say you live in kanata?
would it be possible if i am able to make it that i may meet up and possibly stay with you guys?

Yeah - I'll look into it. We're not staying at the hotel because we're so close to the Con, so we'd get a ride there and back every day from my parents. I'll check with my parents and see what they say :) Even if you end up staying with your relatives, we could probably give you a lift every morning/evening if the hours we go are okay for you ^_^

Yuna-X2
11-02-2005, 01:17 AM
Well, a bit over 2 weeks until the convention! How are everyone's costumes going?
My Ichigo is on pause while I get essays finished, but it's almost finished. I'm hoping to get a Tenimyu costume done as well for AC3, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

Lorelei
11-03-2005, 07:07 AM
Well, a bit over 2 weeks until the convention! How are everyone's costumes going?
My Ichigo is on pause while I get essays finished, but it's almost finished. I'm hoping to get a Tenimyu costume done as well for AC3, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

AC!Yuffie is looking good, and Temari is just about done - I just need to finish up her wig.

I'm worried I won't get Yuffie's shuriken or her boots done in time. Otherwise, I'll be fine.

Yuna-X2
11-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Less than two weeks to go!

I'm getting very excited. ^_^ I'm still trying to get assignments done before costume crunch time. Ichigo will be finished. I'm REALLY hoping to finish DL1 Eiji too... But I don't know..

Lyulf
11-15-2005, 05:35 PM
O_O oh crud I can't find my stuff >_<# at least I have my contacts and ears and tail.
darn oh well will be fun just the same ^_^

Yuna-X2
11-15-2005, 06:13 PM
The 404's have announced they'll be at AC3, which is exciting.

Lorelei
11-15-2005, 11:28 PM
The 404's have announced they'll be at AC3, which is exciting.

Who are the 404s?

Yuna-X2
11-16-2005, 03:59 AM
Who are the 404s?

The anime improv group that are always at AN. I always miss them, so this year I'm uber excited cause I get to take part! :D

Lorelei
11-16-2005, 11:25 PM
The anime improv group that are always at AN. I always miss them, so this year I'm uber excited cause I get to take part! :D

AHHH, I saw them at AN :)

("Things you do not want to hear in the dealer's room!" ... "Life-sized Gundam plushies, life-sized Gundam plushies!")

Yuna-X2
11-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Lol!

I can't believe it's only 2 days away!!! And my costumes are not done. Hurray for sewing like mad days!

tramsosMAI
11-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Which Fabricland is that? 1460 Merivale Road, 2834 St. Joseph Boulevard, 1440 Walkley Road or Shopper's City East - 2016 Ogilvie Road? I need to find the one closest to the UOttawa campus, or the easiest to get from the Transitway. Unless one is signficiantly better than the rest of them, then I'll find there.

I love Fabricland. I just spent my $20 gift certificate on Ichigo fabric and updating my membership.

Fabric Land Shopper's City East is about a ten minute walk from Blair station which is east of Ottawa U by the transitway. It's the one that I always go to. ^__^ I know that it's too late for you for AC3, but if you need fabric for AN2006 or AC next year, it's not too hard to get to, and it's pretty big. (And there's a dollar store and a Giant Tiger in the same strip mall, so that's convenient!)

Yuna-X2
11-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Fabric Land Shopper's City East is about a ten minute walk from Blair station which is east of Ottawa U by the transitway. It's the one that I always go to. ^__^ I know that it's too late for you for AC3, but if you need fabric for AN2006 or AC next year, it's not too hard to get to, and it's pretty big. (And there's a dollar store and a Giant Tiger in the same strip mall, so that's convenient!)

I made it there a few weeks ago. I might go again tonight to pick up some stuff for a shirt, but I'm not sure.

x0xkasumix0x
11-17-2005, 11:56 PM
alrighty @_@ i sure havint checked back on this post in a while lol! well im Currently in ottawa now ( i took the train up last night) ill be going as sakura-hime from tsubasa ^__^ and i finished my friends yuuko costume from xxxholic! im soo excited !! just the day after tomorow!!!

Lorelei
11-18-2005, 04:55 PM
WAH. About 18~ish hours to go until the con. And. I. Am.... done! XD Yay cosplay!

Temari from Naruto on Saturday.
Yuffie from Advent Children on Sunday. I'm the one with the Oritsuru :D

See you all then <3

Yuna-X2
11-18-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm still not done my costumes.
Keep an eye out for a Dream Live 1 Kikumaru Eiji though! (The bandaid and tennis racket might give it away.. touque, black shirt, red pants)
Come say hi if you see me!

x0xkasumix0x
11-18-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm still not done my costumes.
Keep an eye out for a Dream Live 1 Kikumaru Eiji though! (The bandaid and tennis racket might give it away.. touque, black shirt, red pants)
Come say hi if you see me!

will do if I see ya ^___^:square:

x0xkasumix0x
11-19-2005, 11:25 PM
ok! so after being my first time going to this anime convention (AND TRAVELLING ALL THE F&&ING WAY FROM new brunswick to get here) I was extreamly pissed off to note that no one would let me sit anywhere.. >_> not in the hall on the first floor, there were no chairs out to sit, not on the third floor (they tell you to go to eather or) and not on the second floor ! >_< WHAT THE FLUFF!!!!

I paid 35$ to go to a convention, i pretty much did nothing at... @__@ i was soo outraged by the end of the night we left really really early!

I paid that amount, just to go into the vendors room to buy stuff.. im sorry but I feal kind of ripped off -.-*** but luckly the people who run the con were verry nice about the situation ^__^ and exchanged our weekend passes for day passes~
!

its quite obvious that the hotel doesint know what the FRIG a anime convention is about, but your not going to be standing from 9 in the morning untill 3 at night.. >_>

honesly I got kicked off the couches.. because I wanted to recouperated from ddr >_>.. -.-** anyway.. at least i have friends to hang out with here.. well just spend time at home playing ddr.. at least my trip all the way to ottawa wasint a compleate waste of time ^__^!:heart:

but unless they exchange hotels.. im not going to be coming back to this con...

:woah:

Yuna-X2
11-20-2005, 03:51 AM
Yeah, there were a few hotel problems, but I thought the staff did a pretty good job dealing with them all. :) Hopefully they'll find somewhere more otaku-friendly next year. I can see it getting bigger next year, so they might move to help it grow. We can only hope. ^__^
But, yeah, I hope that, other than the hotel people, you had a good time.

Did anyone go to the improv and masquerade? I was the rabid fangirl/Sailor Moon/ yaoi obsessed girl up there. lol

Lorelei
11-21-2005, 08:23 PM
I was Temari on Sat. and Yuffie on Sunday. I hung out with an Ino all weekend.

Either way, I loved it. It didn't touch Anime North, but it was great. Lots of fun. We just found empty places to sit in the bigger halls when we got tired, and we kept on the move all weekend. It was great :)

Yuna-X2
11-21-2005, 09:17 PM
I think, considering the fact it was AC3's second year, the staff did an AMAZING job. :) I was impressed, there was always something to do, and I was able to sleep in the hallways. ^_^

Peacimowen
11-27-2005, 08:13 AM
its quite obvious that the hotel doesint know what the FRIG a anime convention is about, but your not going to be standing from 9 in the morning untill 3 at night.. >_>
~~~~
but unless they exchange hotels.. im not going to be coming back to this con...

:woah:

Yes, the hotel has no clue what we were, but now they do. They saw us coming and dealt with us as if they expected the worst possible outcome. (I'm guessing following the old saying "expect the worst, hope for the best") If we return, relations with the hotel itself will be much better. (And would you really want a new hotel which again might not have a clue as to what an anime con is?.

*Kumiko_Chan*
11-27-2005, 11:10 AM
YAH! I went to that convention too ^.^ I was Jakotsu haha

and yes, I hope next year it isn't at the Crowne Plaza...the were, not nice the people there, though the staff for the convention were really nice

Mondoo
09-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Hello, I'm a tad new to this site. I shall be cosplaying as Vash the Stampede this year and it shal be my first year as a cosplayer. I have gone to all the previous AC-Cubed conventions however. ^-^ In any case, I hope to see you all there!

Jerseymilk
09-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Hey Mondoo, good to see you've joined here too.^^ This thread is from last year's AC3 though. Here's the link to the 2006 one. I'm sure you'd prefer posting there.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=84019