PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ Naruto Head Protectors

MikigamiTokiya
01-18-2003, 06:47 PM
anybody have any ideas on how to make them? They're on ebay I know but thoes prices are really out of hand. Elfeater has em on her site too but I think I'd rather try to make mine so any suggestions? thanks in advance ^^

enishi
01-18-2003, 07:28 PM
If I made one, I would probably use sheet metal or possibly metallic tape.

Alisa
01-18-2003, 08:25 PM
I used blue cloth and thin sheet metal. Then I scratched out the design with this engraver thing that I accidently stole from my art class.

mandichan
01-19-2003, 08:58 AM
Well, I bought mine from somebody, but it seems to be a pieces of metal screwed onto the cloth headband, with the logo done with paint/stencil.

Just be careful after you make it.. Mine rusted ToT

Radical Urd
01-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Yup sheet metal and cloth, i just used this paint thats used for painting metal and as for the little screws on the corners, i stamped those out with my badass heavy duty paperhole puncher!!! and painted a line across like it was a screw.

Alisa
01-19-2003, 11:39 PM
I suggest after you cut and design the the sheet metal, to spray it with a clear spray paint.

ChibiBlargh
01-20-2003, 12:57 AM
sheet metal bends but does it stay in place after? O.o

MikigamiTokiya
01-26-2003, 12:18 AM
good question, my main quandry is how i could get it to stay on and not rip the fabric

ChibiBlargh
01-26-2003, 04:24 AM
i read on the ax boards that you place the metal over the fabric, get rivets and hammer them in. i guess you should use a thick layer of fabric or something.

cutekawaii
01-26-2003, 01:49 PM
Of course metal witll stay ^^;

HuongStar
01-26-2003, 07:31 PM
Well, how exactly do you dull the edges of the sheet metal? My friend made our Battle Royale collars out of metal flashing but he edges were rough but still sharp. @_@

As long as you use a sturdy fabric or at least reinforce the inside of the headband with a heavy-duty fabric, the rivets shouldn't weigh down & rip anything.

TheLoneWolf
01-26-2003, 08:51 PM
You could use a strip of electrical tape of the same color of the collar placed *just* over the sharp part.It may look a little weird perhaps,but i think that that's certainly better than accidently slicing your own jugular open ~_~

SethPharos
01-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Wow @_@ My theories about making mine were close ^_^'' Just a question, whats the umm lets say 'normal' size of the metal part-ish?

MikigamiTokiya
01-27-2003, 07:33 PM
from what i've seen it's 2"x6"

naruto89
10-19-2003, 02:59 PM
What? ehh... would cutting a soda can work? lol

kerochan
10-20-2003, 09:32 AM
The prices can be really steep on ebay and would be cheaper to make out of like a shiny paper, I've seen silvery metalic poster paper, or make it out of aluminum flashing.
If you don't want to go and make it out of metal( and it would be easier to put the symbol on it) you could try and find some shiny silvery fabric and sewing that on to a head protector. I did that for my snorlax's headprotector and it came out ok.

Elvenwolf
10-21-2003, 09:44 PM
Hmm, all this talk of metal. How would you cut metal/aluminum sheets without cutting your fingers off? An exacto knife or something?

Eleryth
10-22-2003, 02:53 AM
Hmm, all this talk of metal. How would you cut metal/aluminum sheets without cutting your fingers off? An exacto knife or something?

I replied to your post in a different thread, but for anyone who doesn't know: Tinsnips. Ask at your hardware store where you buy the flashing. They can help you for sure. After all, why sell something if you don't sell what to cut it up with? :)

And make sure you wear workmans gloves. Metal edges are sharp.

kerochan
10-22-2003, 07:41 AM
The only gripe against tinsnips is that sometimes it doesn't leave a clean edge. If you get like an exacto knife and score it a number of time and then use the snips it gives it a cleaner edge.