PDA

View Full Version : Charlottesville August Gathering

Star_Angel
06-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Charlottesville Gathering Date! - Wednesday August 3rd at Penn Park in Charlottesville

Ok so the first week of August for a Charlottesville gathering (people who live outside of C-ville are so welcome!!!) I figure we go do a photo=shoot then go to the Asia Buffet for lunch. We need to pic a day (I will be getting into c-ville Sunday the 31st (i think thats the right day) and can do any day that week except the 4th (my grandmas birthday) what would work for everyone (avoiding weekends b/c i will be heading back to NC on sat. or sun.).
and also a place for the photo shoot! C-ville people any ideas for a place in C-ville?? The one i thought of wasnt a good place (thanks for the heads up Riji, lol)

Riji
06-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Ok so the first week of August for a Charlottesville gathering (people who live outside of C-ville are so welcome!!!) I figure we go do a photo=shoot then go to the Asia Buffet for lunch. We need to pic a day (I will be getting into c-ville Sunday the 31st (i think thats the right day) and can do any day that week except the 4th (my grandmas birthday) what would work for everyone (avoiding weekends b/c i will be heading back to NC on sat. or sun.).
and also a place for the photo shoot! C-ville people any ideas for a place in C-ville?? The one i thought of wasnt a good place (thanks for the heads up Riji, lol)
We should probably go to a park. Give me a few days and I'll come up with a name. Or we could go downtown again, there's a park next to the library that's a short walk from food. There's a Japanese restaurant downtown as well.

zekitty
06-22-2005, 08:26 AM
I might be able to go...depending how far away Charlottesville is from VA Beach. ^-^; Although I finally have my own car (yay!) my parents are uber-paranoid about me driving long distances. >.<

Mishima
06-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Hmm...We gonna have a theme for the photo or just random characters? >_>

Riji
06-22-2005, 08:28 PM
I personally am going to wear Gothic Lolita clothing, as I wouldn't wear any of my costumes outside of cons.

Star_Angel
06-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Random charcters since some people have a ton of cosplays that are good for the summer. We did the EGL theme for the x-mas gathering because it's cold and EGL outfits can be made warmer for guys and girls! So the summer gathering will be a melting pot!!

Mishima
06-23-2005, 02:34 AM
Well if we are gonna cosplay then right away go get something to eat...I might just ware something "normal". But if I have time to change then I might think up something.

Riji
06-23-2005, 05:44 AM
Well if we are gonna cosplay then right away go get something to eat...I might just ware something "normal". But if I have time to change then I might think up something.
But it's much better to work up an appetite with a one and a half hour photoshoot. :thumbsup:

Version-1
06-23-2005, 07:39 AM
if it's in c'ville i'll be there. and a few friends will too :jjacks:

Star_Angel
06-28-2005, 01:04 AM
But it's much better to work up an appetite with a one and a half hour photoshoot. :thumbsup:
YES! it's what we did for the X-mas gathering, I mean as long as your careful you wont get food on you! and the looks you get at the place's we eat at (we went to the tea house on the downtown mall for x-mas) are just priceless!

Riji
06-28-2005, 04:26 PM
YES! it's what we did for the X-mas gathering, I mean as long as your careful you wont get food on you! and the looks you get at the place's we eat at (we went to the tea house on the downtown mall for x-mas) are just priceless!
We could go to Miyako. They'd get a kick out of us there.

Star_Angel
06-28-2005, 08:44 PM
We could go to Miyako. They'd get a kick out of us there.
Thats the place on the downtown mall right? That would be fine with me as it's not to expensive for the people who dont bring a bunch of money with them.
Lol and if I go i may wear my Wa loli so hopefully i wont offend anyone at the resturants, lol

Riji
06-29-2005, 03:18 AM
Thats the place on the downtown mall right? That would be fine with me as it's not to expensive for the people who dont bring a bunch of money with them.
Lol and if I go i may wear my Wa loli so hopefully i wont offend anyone at the resturants, lol
Lol, you won't. The head sushi chef guy there is really nice. It is a bit pricey though.

Star_Angel
06-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Lol, you won't. The head sushi chef guy there is really nice. It is a bit pricey though.
Yeah, the place i mentioned I thin kis like 7 or 8 $$ for the buffet (maybe cheaper it's been since last summer when I went) for lunch. Im still picking my brain for other places that we could get food at and other places we could do a shoot at. A park would be great but the only one that comes to mind is Macintire and well after doing a shoot there last summer I would really not suggest that place! (The old people that run the gold range next to it are really mean and will hastle cosplayers!! lol).

Edit- I asked my father about nice parks in c-ville and he suggested Pen park, I think Riji also suggested this one at one point. Open spaces for us may be a good thing and since it will be during the week it will hopefully not be extremely crowded

Sith Lord Danha
07-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Well, where ever we go I think it will be fine. on the other hand I would love to eat at the Asia Buffet for lunch just because I love that place and so does my pocket (money) = ) and I live in C-ville to, Woodbrook

Star_Angel
07-10-2005, 12:30 AM
I'll have info up for the gathering hopefully by the end of this week so everyone can start making arrangements to come if they are planning to!

Star_Angel
07-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Just to let ya guys know a update the gathering will either be the 2nd or 3rd of august thats a Tues or Weds were still waiting to hear on one thing before we set a date!

Riji
07-24-2005, 10:33 PM
It's gonna have to be Wednesday cause I have a class on Tuesday. Let's just hope I'm not working. ^^;

Star_Angel
07-24-2005, 10:53 PM
ok but we talked so it is still in the air

Riji
07-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Wednesday would be ideal, but either day is fine.

Star_Angel
07-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Ok so the gathering will be Wednesday August 3rd at Penn Park in Charlottesville. I say meet there around 11am, A early time is good because it starts getting really hot after 12 noon and cosplays arent always the best thing to be outside in.
After the meet-up/photo shoot at Penn Park we can go get food.
I suggested the Asian Buffet does anyone els have any suggestions as to a cheap but good place to eat? If we eat at the Asian Buffet you would prbaly need around (if even) 10$ I remeber last time my grandma and I ate there for like 12-14$ for both.
Ok so the date is set anyone else with suggestions on where to eat post here!!!

Winters Knight
07-29-2005, 07:24 PM
yay!! I am off that day! I will either be wearing my Haruka Ten'ou casual outfit or .. something else. Not sure what yet. I'm on a limited budget cause it's a week till I get paid, but Asian Buffet is good for me. Anywhere that has good sushi is good for me.

~jenn

Star_Angel
07-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Ok so that's four people that I know of going! who else?????

Star_Angel
07-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Ok so the gathering is Wednesday! we will be going to Asian Buffest after a photo shoot/ Gatheirng at Penn Park (Im not sure on driections because It has been so long since I have been there so someone may want to put the address of the park up so people can map quest it)
If you dont have a cosplay that would work you can come and just take pics and hang out, this is for VCS'ers to meet and socialize and get pics in our cosplays!

Riji
07-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Gatheirng at Penn Park (Im not sure on driections because It has been so long since I have been there so someone may want to put the address of the park up so people can map quest it)
http://www.charlottesville.org/default.asp?pageid=C94BECA3-CE16-41F1-8E82-2AD5F65617AF

I think we should meet at the shelters, but that's just my opinion.

Star_Angel
07-30-2005, 01:32 PM
http://www.charlottesville.org/default.asp?pageid=C94BECA3-CE16-41F1-8E82-2AD5F65617AF

I think we should meet at the shelters, but that's just my opinion.
The shelters is fine with me and it would give us some shade to wait in while were waiting for people.
Also I would suggest bringing water!! it may be hot and we dont want anyone passing out or anything!!

Winters Knight
07-31-2005, 06:25 PM
Shelters are good for me too. I might be making a costume this weekend (mostly) to wear.. just dependson time (by weekend I mean tuesday). I'll also be trying to get us another person for the gathering. ^_^.

~jenn

The shelters is fine with me and it would give us some shade to wait in while were waiting for people.
Also I would suggest bringing water!! it may be hot and we dont want anyone passing out or anything!!

Winters Knight
08-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Sooo.. at the shelters at 11 AM at Penn Park? I figured out what I'm wearing and I'm bringing a guest. Yep. Ok.. See you there then, ne?

Star_Angel
08-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Sooo.. at the shelters at 11 AM at Penn Park? I figured out what I'm wearing and I'm bringing a guest. Yep. Ok.. See you there then, ne?
Yes! Shelters at 11am! and yay Kitty is coming with you! Squee so excited!!
and everyone please bring water or something because it's probaly going to be hot! and I dont want anyone passing out!!!

Mishima
08-03-2005, 06:02 AM
I can show up but I wont be in costume thought =(

Star_Angel
08-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Well I had a awesome time with everyone who came to the gathering today!! even though it was mostly everyone who was at the X-Mas gathering (plus kitty! lol)
Cant wait till we have the next gathering!!!

Riji
08-04-2005, 01:54 AM
I'm curious to know what happened to the people who said they'd come, but didn't. ^^;