PDA

View Full Version : Anime USA

Star_Angel
06-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Ok it's in November and thats far away but still who's planning on going? when do we want to do a shoot (and darnet this one WILL happen, lol) and who ya gonna cosplay as!

Riji
06-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok it's in November and thats far away but still who's planning on going? when do we want to do a shoot (and darnet this one WILL happen, lol) and who ya gonna cosplay as!
I'm running ideas through my head as to what I can actually get done, but I'll definitely be there I think.

Star_Angel
06-21-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm running ideas through my head as to what I can actually get done, but I'll definitely be there I think.
You better we have to have our Daishi! and our panel wont be our panel without you! lol

bag0k
06-22-2005, 12:55 AM
I WILL be there no matter what anyone says! It'll be my third one. I just LOVE Anime USA! It's so cozy and friendley. I'm kinda sorta planning on going as Foomin from Katamari Damacy who has a head shaped like this: |_| It's in november and there's like a 10% chance of anything I say from now until October will apply to what I actually do.

bigwil
06-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Viva la VCS @ Anime USA...I should be there.....

Anbu Neko
06-22-2005, 05:41 AM
uu! I will DEFINATELY be there! It's super close to where I live :D It'll be my third Anime USA *hugs it* D: This con took my con virginity! OH NOES D: It's my first and still my favorite con <3

As for what I'm cosplaying... If I were to be really unrealistic, I'd say my Lord Knight cosplay with my boyfriend would be done by then, but no way XD I'll probably wear either my Sakura costume or my RO Monk... Unless I come up with a new idea *pif*

zekitty
06-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Uhmm... Does anyone know how far Anime USA is from Virginia Beach...? ^-^;;; I'll be able to go depending on how far it is and how cheap it'll be... I'll be going to Nekocon the same month on the 4-6th. >.>

Star_Angel
06-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Uhmm... Does anyone know how far Anime USA is from Virginia Beach...? ^-^;;; I'll be able to go depending on how far it is and how cheap it'll be... I'll be going to Nekocon the same month on the 4-6th. >.>
Talk t oBigWil about how far away it is since you two are from the samw area and he has been to Anime USA before!
Wow so many of us are planning to go Yay!

Anbu Neko
06-22-2005, 10:46 AM

Someone I used to be friends with (*hisses at him* D: ) lives in VA Beach and it's about a 2-2 1/2 hour drive to Springfield, and it'll take another 30 minutes or so to get to Vienna ^^ Maybe you could take the train up? That's what he did.

Riji
06-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Mapquest says 3.5 hours. But their directions suck so say 3, maybe 2.5 without any traffic.

Bethii-chan
06-22-2005, 01:56 PM
I live about 20 mins. away from AUSA, and I'll be there! I'll be going as Calintz from Magna Carta: Crimson Stigmata and probably my Fire Priestess costume.

I went to Nekocon last year, and it was about a 4hr drive, including traffic on I 95. ^_^

zekitty
06-23-2005, 08:09 AM
2-3.5 hours?!?! x.x... I'll ATTEMPT to convince my parents to let me go... Yeah, the train is a good idea, but I'm not sure if it'll make up for the distance. x.x But after all, my parents let me go to D.C. for Katsu, so they should let me go to Anime USA! *nod*

Version-1
06-23-2005, 02:27 PM
missed AMA so yeah i'm gonna try to make up for that by going to USA :bigtu:

LaPetiteSalope
06-23-2005, 03:47 PM
I couldn't make it to AnimeUSA last year so I'm pretty sure I can go this year. ^_^

makotohanabi
06-23-2005, 07:33 PM
AUSA is 15-45 mins from my house depending on traffic, I'll be there. Don't know what costumes I'll bring, too early to tell.

A meet up is a good idea, we can agree on a date & time closer to the con.

xChinaDollx
07-05-2005, 12:14 PM
im goin as Sakiko Fujima from Renga with my friend Linda as Akane from Renga also. How far do u think it will take 2 git thare from Reston VA?

bag0k
07-05-2005, 02:59 PM
xChinaDollx: Reston --> Tyson's is about 11 minutes so says Google maps. (I refuse to use mapquest anymore! Google Maps pwns!) You can probably take breaks at your own house you're so close!

Edit: The anime USA site has directions from Reston on the website here. (http://www.animeusa.org/location.php)

makotohanabi
07-06-2005, 08:08 PM
im goin as Sakiko Fujima from Renga with my friend Linda as Akane from Renga also. How far do u think it will take 2 git thare from Reston VA?

From Reston it's a 15 min drive to the con if you take the toll road. If you try to get there during rush hour or if there's an accident it will take longer.

Anbu Neko
07-07-2005, 11:17 AM
I've actually decided that, for anime USA, I'm goign to be cosplaying a random police officer from my series 'Tokyo Tentacle Police' (VISIT!!! http://ttp.silverhearts.net)

Do you think I would be allowed to pass out flyers about it, with just a photo and the URL on it?

Star_Angel
07-09-2005, 11:33 PM
I've actually decided that, for anime USA, I'm goign to be cosplaying a random police officer from my series 'Tokyo Tentacle Police' (VISIT!!! http://ttp.silverhearts.net)

Do you think I would be allowed to pass out flyers about it, with just a photo and the URL on it?
I've seen people pass out flyers and stuff like that before they also have tables for flyers normaly at cons too!

UnwantedKikyo
07-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Hmmm im bringing SEEK prolly....then my lolita mana and..other things. Moonchild gackt too cause i'll have that long coat thats nice and yummy warm. ^____^ I might do frontiers Aya too.

VegitaTheSaiyan
07-14-2005, 09:20 PM
My friends and I are planning on going to Anime USA... and hopefully I will have my Renkotsu costume finished by then. If not, then I'll most likely do my Majin Vegeta costume or Kouga once more.

Flicker
07-25-2005, 08:38 PM
I live about fifteen to twenty minutes away from AUSA. I'll be cosplaying as Gaz from Invader Zim on at least one of the days (and no, I'm not the Gaz from last year, though she was cool.)

Hopefully I'll also be cosplaying Mamimi and possibly Columbia from Rocky Horror (pajama outfit.)

HealerKou
07-29-2005, 03:13 PM
As usual, I'll be at AUSA at least Friday night and Saturday since it's like 20 minutes from where I live. And from what I can tell so far, a crapload of you live just around me. O___O Maybe we should make our own gathering. ^_~ Ashburn/Sterling/etc. Haha. Meet up at Logan's and chow down on some delicious bread and dead cow. But I digress.

I don't know about costuming. I never wear anything Friday night, but if I go on Saturday for more than a few hours (I usually end up going out to Chili's with my friends) I don't know what I'll be wearing yet. I always change my mind on things. Probably leftovers from Dragon*Con. Maybe I'll make my fiance wear Leon and I'll wear Ada. I probably won't make anything new.

Although he might protest that since you can't have guns at AUSA. Boo, I say.

Flicker
07-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Mmm, Logans.

I think I'll be just down to my Gaz and Mamimi cosplays due to lack of money for wigs. Although, I saw THE perfect wig for my cosplay from last year and now tempted to improve it. But I probably won't, because I'm cheap.

xChinaDollx
08-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Actually i changed my mind. Im not going as Sakiko. Me and my friend are going as the ChinaDolls. Their these Thai and Chinese singers. And they made a movie. Im their biggest fan!! since they wear a belly shirt in the outfit we're gona do, we gona have to do a lil DDR! lol. Below are just sum pics of them.

ChinaDolls (http://www.sawadee-shop.com/chinadolls/chinacon1.jpg)
ChinaDolls cd cover (http://chinadolls-kansai-branch.hp.infoseek.co.jp/best/img008.jpg)
ChinaDolls
[URL=http://chinadolls-kansai-branch.hp.infoseek.co.jp/photo/img072.jpg]ChinaDolls ( LEFT: Bell RIGHT: Hwa Hwa ) (http://chinadolls-kansai-branch.hp.infoseek.co.jp/img126.jpg)
ChinaDolls (http://chinadolls-kansai-branch.hp.infoseek.co.jp/photo/img072.jpg)

YoruMitsukai
08-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Mn I -should- be there :D Not sure. I dunno who I'd cosplay yet though D:

aku
08-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Seeing as how I live 15-20 minutes away, I'm definitely going to be there.

Anbu Neko
08-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Changed teh cosplay again... most likely going as Female Schrodinger from 'Hellsing' XD If anyone knows where I can find a shirt like his.. tell me X3

Keilania
08-26-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah. -doesn't really care how old this thread is. e.e- I'm walking to the train station with friends and getting a ride to vienna on the vre.

I really don't know what I'm going to do as far as costume wise. T-T Maybe mamimi or just the school girl outfit from azumanga daioh!

This will be my second con. I lost my virginity at Otakon a few days ago. If anyone's up for meeting give me a shout on aim.

Mishima
08-30-2005, 11:33 PM
I belive me and a few friends are gonna do dbz cosplay. This is one of the last few cons im gonna be Torankusu so they wanted to join in as well. Im gonna retire him this year and work on Itachi for next years cons.
So Saturday we will have Torankusu, Teen Gohan (Namekian Cell games outfit) and Vegeta walking about. ^_^

Bagu
09-04-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm still debating whether to go or not. RL stuff is preventing me from paying in advance because I'm unable to see what November is shaping up to be.
But you might be seeing Darcia walking around one of the days ;)

Mana P. Malice
09-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Where is this at? *bangs head on table*

Star_Angel
09-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Where is this at? *bangs head on table*
It is in Tysons Corner The weekend beofre thanksgiving November 18th-20th
It is at the Tysons corner sheraton
www.animeusa.org

VegitaTheSaiyan
09-09-2005, 02:39 AM
Like Mishima stated, me and him are going to be doing DBZ cosplay for Anime USA this year. Not to sure about our other friend at the moment though, but yeah. Might also do my Koga costume for a day or two since that costume might get retired after this year.

Star_Angel
09-10-2005, 08:35 AM
We also might want to start thinking of a time we could have a meetup! probaly Saturday since everyone is normaly there on Staurday. but as for a time i know last year they put a schedule up but it wasnt until like a week before the con, we could throw out times then decide when they put the schedule up i gues.

makotohanabi
09-11-2005, 06:07 PM
How about having the gathering on saturday sometime between 11am and 3pm? late enough for the people who are staying at home to get to the con and early enough so the people in the cosplay don't have to skip. We can narrow down the time closer to the con depending on when the schedule is released or on everyone's opinion.

For AUSA i'll be bringing Suzuka (Outlaw Star), Haku (with a Sasuke, Sakura, and a Zabuza or Kakashi), Angelina Johnson (for the GoF gathering), and if I have the time to make improvements Beast of Blood Mana.

Star_Angel
09-26-2005, 09:49 AM
They normaly put up a schedule a few weeks before the con, Saturday is a weird day for picking times so we might want to wait because none of us know when judging for the contest is going to be yet. but if those times work I agree with having it later so we make sure everyone is there!

[QUOTE=makotohanabi]How about having the gathering on saturday sometime between 11am and 3pm? late enough for the people who are staying at home to get to the con and early enough so the people in the cosplay don't have to skip. We can narrow down the time closer to the con depending on when the schedule is released or on everyone's opinion.
QUOTE]

Sieneko
10-07-2005, 04:01 AM
Oh I wish I could go, but Nekocon is REALLY stretching my finances as it is. >_<
Isn't there another Con a few months down the road? I want to say it's in Richmond, but the name is completely escaping me...

Edit: Duh! It's Anime-Mid-Atlantic. Found it in another post. When is that exactly?

Bagu
10-07-2005, 07:12 AM
Edit: Duh! It's Anime-Mid-Atlantic. Found it in another post. When is that exactly?

That was in June, in Richmond.

Katsucon in February?

Star_Angel
10-07-2005, 09:51 AM
June, normaly fathers day weekend if thats helps

Sieneko
10-07-2005, 10:51 PM
That helps muchly, thanks! ^_^
Katsucon might also be possible, I'll have to see about it. I just got engaged so my guy's occupied with paying off the ring. ^_^;;; We gotta pick and choose our cons carefully, unfortunately! I wish we could attend them all!

bigwil
10-19-2005, 04:16 PM
well I won't be able to attend this con:sob:.......but I'll represent in spirit..but not even a stampede of yoai fans could stop from my nekocon!!!

Riji
10-20-2005, 02:53 PM
well I won't be able to attend this con:sob:.......but I'll represent in spirit..but not even a stampede of yoai fan could stop from nekocon!!!
Noooooooooo! Wil-chan, you have to go to AUSA!

Valgaav_Xellos
10-20-2005, 03:24 PM
I'll be going ^_^ I'm going to be in my SnJ Kakashi costume.. and I might bring my Android 18 one too. ;p Bout time to get that poor thing out of the closet again lol.

Bagu
10-21-2005, 03:24 PM
I have decided to attend. No way I'll have a 2nd costume done in time, so Darcia will make his appearance.

See you all there ^^

bag0k
10-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Yahoos! Seems like there'll be quite the crowd of us there! So then... I know that there isn't a schedule up yet, but I want to start thinking about a general idea of when and where a meetup type dealie will be held. I vote lunch time at Tyson's Corner's food court! Tyson's has quite the food court; a little bit of everything. But after some google maps, it looks like the mall and the hotel are about a mile away from eachother. Luckily, both places have free parking! *celebrates* So! Maybe we can all pile into a few cars and carpool our way to the mall, or just go individually. Dunno. I'm just really excited! Just 27 days--*gasp!* OMG JUST 27 DAYS! WORK TO DO!

Bagu
10-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Well, the hotel shuttle does "shuttle" back and forth from the hotel to Tyson's Corner every 2 hours, so a lunch at the food court is pretty doable if we want to do a meetup.

makotohanabi
10-24-2005, 09:26 PM
I vote for meet at the hotel and take the shuttle to the mall, parking is a world class pain in the butt at the Sheraton during the con and hard to find at Tyson's not including the psychos that can't drive. Almost been killed (not exaggerating) so many times in those garages it's not funny.

Still working on costumes fro Yaoi con, don't want to think about AUSA right now *twitches*

Glad you can make it, Bagu.

Bagu
10-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Ya I want a Yaoi report from you on Monday
Start a thread in here. ^^

Parasaurolophus
10-25-2005, 01:31 AM
Haven't preregged yet (should do it soon :untrust: ) Since I'm living in NoVa, I'm probably morally obligated to go to AUSA! As for costumes, I should have Hawkgirl done by then, and will probably go as Robin one day and maybe R. Dorothy the next.

UnwantedKikyo
10-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Alright so im not going to AUSA anymore due to work. >.> *mumbles* So yeah..see everyone at katsucon then ^^;; Or at a get-together.

Bagu
10-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Well thats a bummer. All 3 days you have to work?

Can you make the cosplay event over at springfield mall this saturday?

bag0k
10-25-2005, 03:44 PM
huttah! did not know 'bout the shuttle. >_> that idea is more winner. *nods* well, at least I tried! :thumbsup: *sulks*

Since I'm overloaded with homework and things, I'll be just very very very goth one day. And butterfly wings. *nods* (Gotta get mah goth buddies to help coordinate! :D) And I might just wear Odeko again, but I have to mend the inside of the head and dig up my purple tights. The only new thing I'm making is for a friend... :/ Bah, we'll see.

UnwantedKikyo
10-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Actually I cant...going to VTA(Virginia theateriocal ass.) with my theater prod. group and some drama kids in reston(dunno how to spell it),VA ^^;;;. And yes i am the light techie for my school so i have to work all 3 days. Were doing the play Grease at that time. >.>; joy.

Sorrys ._.;;;; School consumes my life x.x;;;;;; Well Until June :3

Sieneko
11-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Looks like I'll be attending Anime USA after all! There were some complications with my costumes so I'll be skipping Nekocon this year. I had to pick one or the other, I couldn't do both, and I'd rather go to the one where I would be able to cosplay! ^_^

I did have a couple questions: How different is Anime USA from Nekocon, is it bigger, smaller, the same? What hours does the con run? I'm only able to attend Saturday, so I'd like to spend as much time as I can there. ^___^

Valgaav_Xellos
11-02-2005, 07:05 PM
This'll be my first one too, so hours would be nice to know as well. >_> lol

makotohanabi
11-14-2005, 09:41 PM
The schedule is up on the AUSA website, just a fyi kids. According to the schedule the cosplay rehersal is at 1pm, does that mean we can shoot for a gathering around 3-4pm? Just a thought.

Finally decided on costumes, Haku (Naruto) and Angelina Johnson (Harry Potter) on friday;Suzuka (Outlaw Star) and Youko Kurama (YYH) saturday, and Koinosuke (Jubei chan) sunday

Star_Angel
11-14-2005, 10:07 PM
The schedule is up on the AUSA website, just a fyi kids. According to the schedule the cosplay rehersal is at 1pm, does that mean we can shoot for a gathering around 3-4pm? Just a thought.

Finally decided on costumes, Haku (Naruto) and Angelina Johnson (Harry Potter) on friday;Suzuka (Outlaw Star) and Youko Kurama (YYH) saturday, and Koinosuke (Jubei chan) sunday
the judging for the cosplay is most of the afternoon sat they have like a full block of it untuil the cosplay starts from the e-mail i got so that time may not work for a get-together, I woudl also suggest having a meet-up at the con hotel since saturday is a crazy day and some of us are in the cosplay and wont be able to leave and come back because of time.

Valgaav_Xellos
11-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Ok. I'd have to say out of all the conventions I've been to so far, AnimeUSA was THE BEST. For any of you that I may have happened to meet there, THANK YOU for making this anime con SO wonderful!!!!!!! ^_^ <3

Bagu
11-20-2005, 06:39 PM
I thought it was a pretty decent con. I can't compare it to previous AUSA's, but it looks as though the Sheraton lobby was getting overwhelmed with people, like the lines, the photo takers. It wasn't too bad on Friday, but Saturday was just nuts.

I think the con staff might have to take AUSA to the next level and look for a bigger hotel.

Parasaurolophus
11-20-2005, 08:37 PM
I was actually surprised by how many people recognized me (and vice versa)- not only c.com + VCS people, but also a few girls I met at along the streets during Halloween. Apparently, I am very popular with the teenage high school crowd :untrust:

aku
11-20-2005, 09:49 PM
I was there on Saturday, but this was a last minute thing so I wasn't able to wear anything other than normal clothes. Didn't really do much, just spent my time at the game room.

Star_Angel
12-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Lol dont forget me! You looked so confused when I was like I know you! lol. Oh! and Congrats on your award!!!

I was actually surprised by how many people recognized me (and vice versa)- not only c.com + VCS people, but also a few girls I met at along the streets during Halloween. Apparently, I am very popular with the teenage high school crowd :untrust:

bag0k
12-04-2005, 01:54 PM
WOWEEE! That was a great AUSA. I met Star Angel, riji and wakusei moe. *nodnod* I feel terrible that I can't recognize any of you, yet somehow you can pick me out of a crowd... >_< I went around with two friends and we had lots of fun. I LOVED the masquerade! XD "Is this the part where we make out?" LOL that was hilarious! *dances*

*sigh* I get to chill out until Otakon. I've got a few short international plays and Beauty and the Beast to make costumes for, so I'll have my hands full. O_o

I thought it was a pretty decent con. I can't compare it to previous AUSA's, but it looks as though the Sheraton lobby was getting overwhelmed with people, like the lines, the photo takers. It wasn't too bad on Friday, but Saturday was just nuts.

I think the con staff might have to take AUSA to the next level and look for a bigger hotel.
Yeah, you're right I guess. But I love how AUSA's so close to my house! >_< Edit: and I love the jugs of ice water and plastic cups. that was ESPECIALLY wonderful after a few rounds of DDR.

Star_Angel
12-04-2005, 04:00 PM
LOL Riji and I can recognize you because every time we see you (it was exactly the same as otakon!) your dressed as a Katamari! lol!! It was great getting to see you again.
And AUSA is close to your house! you so stink its a wonderful 6-8 hour drive for me, but totally worth it! lol

And the Mas. was good, I was just glad I was one of the early walk-ons so i could see all the skits.

WOWEEE! That was a great AUSA. I met Star Angel, riji and wakusei moe. *nodnod* I feel terrible that I can't recognize any of you, yet somehow you can pick me out of a crowd... >_< I went around with two friends and we had lots of fun. I LOVED the masquerade! XD "Is this the part where we make out?" LOL that was hilarious! *dances*