PDA

View Full Version : Bridget's Handcuff!

Bunnie-Fu
06-23-2005, 06:29 PM
I need help in making the handcuff that Bridget wears around his waist. (guilty gear x-2). Does anyone have any suggestion on what type of material I can use? And maybe a step by step play on how to make it?

I was thinking of using cardboard since its light and it wont kill me when I put it around my waist. But how should I start making it?

Anyone? Please helps!

Thank you so much for any help and advice!!

Ononoke
06-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Heres a method that I've used for some of my props, its pretty simple.. Why not carve/shape regular styro foam, use multiple layers of papermache on it, later on, sand down and smooth the paper mache then paint it? I'm sure it'll be pretty light that way, and durable.

Vanilla H.
06-24-2005, 07:08 PM
You know what I found? These two metal frames meant for wreath making- I found them at A.C. Moore. When you put them together, they are the perfect width, and height. They also come in all different sizes, so you can find which one sits on your waist without it falling off, but that you can still remove it without amputating a limb. ^_^ I know it sounds weird, but with a little bit of paper mache (or whatever that stuff is) and some sanding, they're perfect.

You know what I mean by paper mache, right? When we were in first grade, and we covered balloons with newspaper strips to make planets? Right? I'm not the only one, right? ^_^;;

kujaeidolon
06-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Foam would be my best suggestion. It's more 3D than cardboard and looks better in the end. If you don't want to deal with the paper mache (which I would do, simply because it won't break as easily) then use a very fine-balled (those are not technical terms, I mean that foam that isn't made of little balls, but that sort of softer stuff) as not to have a strange appearance.

Bunnie-Fu
06-25-2005, 09:01 PM
okies...so...foam seems like a good idea. How much would I need? Like a big block of it or something then put it together?

And paper mache....I haven't used that in like....ever.. XP But i do know what it is...so covering the foam and then sanding it down will make it have the handcuff appearance?

Of course i would have to spray paint it black.

But doest he wreath mteal thingie....they already have the shape so just putting them together ad putting mache will have it looking like it....

These sounds like great ideas. But a little more wont do any harm XP I'm still failry new at cosplaying so i really havent made props and such

kujaeidolon
06-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Well, paper mache is very easy. The best "recipie" I find is to mix water and flour into a syurpy consistancy and add a little white glue (elmers). Then just dip newspaper strips.

Matsuki
06-26-2005, 07:58 PM
hey when you use the paper mache, can you use wood glue insted of elmers glue?
I read that someone said that it can make you go blind. 0_0
Is using wood glue dangerous? Is it true?

Bunnie-Fu
06-26-2005, 08:12 PM
o.o Im not sure if using elmers glue can make u go blind....i knew some one who used to eat..A LOT of elmer's glue and he turned out fien....well almost fine...never knew why he ate it tho o.o

kerochan
06-26-2005, 09:46 PM
http://www.papiermache.co.uk/exec/c...s/p-view/id-23/
this site has a bunch of different ways to make paper machie mixtues. Hope this helps!

Bunnie-Fu
06-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the link! But i still have a question. What should I use for the overall shape of the handcuff? Should I use foam? A big peice of circlular foam would work?