PDA

View Full Version : Room for 2 (or more?) at Wyndham

astillar
06-25-2005, 08:21 PM
I have a non-smoking quad reserved at the Wyndham for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. So far it's me and my brother, ages 25 and 18, in the room. As a quad, there is bed space for at least two more. I'd be willing to allow a group of three or four to stay (for a maximum of six people total in the room), as long as everyone in that group is fine with the crowded situation. The room cost would be split evenly among everyone staying in the room. Essentially, the cost for the three night stay breaks down like this:

4 people total: about $105 per person
5 people total: about $84 per person
6 people total: about $70 per person

Boys or girls, young or old, it makes no difference to me. Being from Texas, I think it would be nice if we could room with fellow Texans, but I won't hold my breath. I'll be accepting names until July the 18th (one month before Otakon), and will notify the lucky winners on the same day. If you're interested, pm or email me at astillar@yahoo.com with "Otakon" in the subject line so I'll notice it. Please include your group size and any special requests/questions you might have.

P.S. We'll be cosplaying (as if it weren't obvious), so you might wanna keep that in mind. But if you don't like cosplaying, what are you doing at this site?

cactusmomma
06-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Do you have any space left in your Otakon room left? How many people would be in the room as of now?

astillar
06-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Do you have any space left in your Otakon room left? How many people would be in the room as of now?

As of now, there's still just two people in the room.

dressdragn
06-29-2005, 08:01 AM
I am intrested in staying in your room (unforseen difficulty with my previous arrangments). If you still have space for two people please let me know.

~Anna

astillar
06-29-2005, 05:51 PM
I am intrested in staying in your room (unforseen difficulty with my previous arrangments). If you still have space for two people please let me know.

~Anna

You're the first to respond, so you've got first dibs on the room.

dressdragn
06-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Hey, I'm sorry about this, but it turns out that the group that I was orginaly staying with has room after all.

Good luck with filling the space!

~Anna

R1KKu
06-30-2005, 03:51 PM
As I mentioned to you, Im not sure if I am going. I have been offered a room, but that person doesnt have anyone else in the room right now afaik, and I would like to share with several people to cut down on costs. If you still have space, I might be interested.

astillar
06-30-2005, 05:53 PM
As I mentioned to you, Im not sure if I am going. I have been offered a room, but that person doesnt have anyone else in the room right now afaik, and I would like to share with several people to cut down on costs. If you still have space, I might be interested.

Oh hell yeah, it'd be awesome to room with a BAA fan. Of course, the more the merrier, too.

astillar
07-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Just a reminder, anyone who wants to reserve a three-night stay at these rates will need to notify me by the 18th. I think it's pretty competitive pricing; it breaks down to less than $30 per night. Not even Motel 6 is that cheap. If these prices are still too steep for you, just pm me and maybe we can work out a reduced price. I'm flexible like that.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
07-10-2005, 02:56 AM
I'm interested for $30 a night. I can probably work something out, hopefully in the next 5 and 1/2 weeks

astillar
07-10-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm interested for $30 a night. I can probably work something out, hopefully in the next 5 and 1/2 weeks

Sounds good.

Ada
07-18-2005, 11:24 PM
hey I'm interested in the 30 per night too, if is not too late, and I got possibly 8 other people that need room too

astillar
07-19-2005, 12:00 AM
hey I'm interested in the 30 per night too, if is not too late, and I got possibly 8 other people that need room too

"8 people"

O_O

Well as of this moment, the room has openings for 4 more people. Maybe six if those people don't mind being cozy with each other. Of course, if we got six, then the rates would go even lower. But eight more people, I don't think I want to do that. Then it becomes a question of who's gonna sleep in the tub or on the suitcases, or are we gonna start hot-racking? Also, I'd prefer to have roommates who would be staying two, if not all three, nights. What were your plans? And are all your friends cosplayers? Because even costumes need somewhere to spend the night.

Ada
07-19-2005, 06:38 AM
sorry about that, we did decide to get two rooms because it would be alot. I'm going to talk to group about it who wants to stay in the hotel 3 miles away and who wants to stay in another one. I'm the only one that's cosplaying to my knowledge, I'm cosplaying as Ada Wong, so that's just a dress, and Rebecca Chambers, so that a top pants

Cadmium Polyphony
07-23-2005, 06:57 PM
It's well after the 18th; but I figured I'd ask if space was available anyway.

So, any space available?

astillar
07-24-2005, 08:12 AM
As a matter of fact, yes there is. Were you planning on staying all three nights?

R1KKu
07-24-2005, 10:12 AM
You still have that space for me right??? Im most likely going now, since I decided to sell my soul and a few other things to save up some extra money :devil:

BTW, how far is the Wyndham from the BCC???

astillar
07-24-2005, 11:14 AM
You still have that space for me right??? Im most likely going now, since I decided to sell my soul and a few other things to save up some extra money
BTW, how far is the Wyndham from the BCC???

Selling your soul for a con trip? Hmm. Personally, I'd hold out for at least a trip to Japan. What are the other things you're selling? A kidney or something?
But seriously, don't worry kiddos. There's plenty of room for all. Essentially everyone who's expressed a serious interest has a spot reserved. There are other people fishing for a space, but they've yet to commit. So far that would be:

astillar (me),
R1kku, and
Ada

By the way, the Wyndham is a couple blocks from the convention center, which is about 800-1000 ft walk. There's this map for reference.

http://www.otakon.com/images_content/location_map.jpg

Magnakor
07-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Just curious as to if you've any room remaining, I was guided here from the Pianosquall forums because they were all booked up, and at the current time, I am without crashspace.

Feel free to e-mail me with anything: Crazymerch@gmail.com

astillar
08-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Ah, plans continue to fall into place. Or fall apart. This room at the Wyndham still has bedspace for one more person, with floor space for maybe a couple more. The rate stands at $90 per person total for a three night stay, but it could be less if people crash on the floor. Anyone who's interested should speak up quickly. Only two weeks till Otakon!

rei00
08-02-2005, 07:54 PM
i was just checking to see if the your room still has space for two more?
our trip to otakon is rather last minute, so we were afraid that we'd be stuck with a motel 6 miles away. if it is at all possible, were looking to stay for all three nights. we dont need much more than a place to sleep, change and store costumes; with no complaints about sleeping on the floor. we wouldnt take up much space, promise. ^_^

Wolverine
08-05-2005, 04:24 PM
How many you got so far?

Can you squeeze in one more?

I will sleep on the floor (if there's space)!
Don't have much luggage either.

I hope to photograph this wonderful event as much as possible. See previous con photos here (http://www.cutegirlz.net)

Also, are there scenic places around the convention center for cosplay photographs?? Or interesting architectural backdrops?

Thank you.

astillar
08-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Oh, sorry cowboy. We just filled up a few hours ago. Sorry I didn't update the thread. But there seem to be many hotel rooms with openings. Good luck!