PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden cosplay: help with Sierra!

ArchFaith
06-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Hey all, I'm planning on making a Sierra outfit to wear at a convention next year, and I've decided to get an early start on it. The only problem is...where do I begin? I've decided to tackle Sierra's skirt first, since it since seems like a complicated thing to make. My only problem is...how exactly do I make it?

Here's a picture of Sierra:
http://c-uncut.com/media/s2-sierra-mikain.gif

It seems to be done up in soft pleats, and starts off short in the front, gradually getting longer in the back. My first instinct is to make a long pleated skirt and trim it myself, but there's also the option of making a short skirt at first, then attaching the longer parts onto it by hand. Does anyone know of a good pattern to use for the skirt? I've been looking, but all the patterns seem so-so to me...

Also, for the jewelry, will sculping clay work well? I've never made complicated props before, so this will be my first time making anything...

ArchFaith
06-28-2005, 12:46 AM
No experienced cosplayers looking to give some advice?

Amethyst Angel
06-28-2005, 05:28 AM
Your reference linkie doesn't seem to be working properly. (It doesn't take me to the image, anyway, just to a website. You might want to snag the picture and then attach it to your next message...)

Zeruda
06-28-2005, 08:45 PM
First of all, if you havent allready visited Suikosource for reference pictures - I suggest you do - particuarly their Suikogaiden 1 - chapter 1 (http://suikosource.com/games/gaiden1/1/) page. There are quite a few pictures from most angles, and even some where she's taken her cape off so you can tell whats under there ^_^!

From what I can tell - there is only one skirt. The smaller, whiter one is acctually a shirt. The skirt (which is slightly blue, I thinks) Isnt acctually pleated, its just the way the fabric falls (i.e - flowy <3 ) and it does get gradualy longer towards the back. As for the pattern - I would look for a circle-skirt pattern and modify it to get longer in the back :D

Aha! sorry ^_^ not sure if that acctually helped any

ArchFaith
06-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Nope, you actually provided me with some good advice ^_^

As it turns out, I bought the fabric and pattern for the skirt today. The pattern is a flowy skirt as opposed to pleated, like you suggested. I guess I'll just buy a baby-doll shirt and modify it or something!