PDA

View Full Version : Aeris question....

ChibiRinoa
01-19-2003, 05:26 PM
i have discovered that i own a perfect red dress that would be a great wallmarket Aeris outfit...and it even has a cute gathering thing in the front. my only problem is that i cant find a picture of Aeris in it -.-# i searched google for a while and i havent been able to find one so i can add it to my costume page....does anyone have a pic of her in the dress??:confused:

Adella
01-19-2003, 05:33 PM
There are no pictures of Aeris in it except her sprite. My dress, is 100% original design by me. I took the sprite and drew up my OWN concept sketch of it, and then made my OWN pattern and then made the dress from that. I suggest doing the same. -______________-

shadow
01-19-2003, 05:57 PM
I think there is some fan art here and there on the internet.
There is not much to go by... I think there are some original game sketches floating around the internet of her in the dress...

If you have the perfect dress for her then you would not have to do much to it anyways. If you got a perfect dress for a Aeris costume... I do not see the reason of going through the hassle of making one from scratch... it is all up to you though... it is you that will have to wear it. :)

If I remember where I saw the sketches I will post them up... it was a long time ago that I saw them... =P

Aeris: yeah but your a Aeris perfectionist. :thumbsup:

ChibiRinoa
01-19-2003, 06:07 PM
i figured that since the outfit was only in one tiny part in the game, and there were no fmv's of her in it, then there is such a huge window for interpretation of the outfit...the dress i found is a long flowing maroonish dress with double spaghetti straps, and it gathers in the center...apparently it was my mothers..and it was a handmade bridesmaid dress...but since there are some minor tears in it..ill have to do some work on it...i guess its a good costume to wear for a backup...since i didnt make it and everything....im far more proud of my Rinoa costume...

shadow
01-19-2003, 06:09 PM
It definitely does not hurt to have a backup costume.
If it was a bridesmaid dress it must be of good quality.....:)

ChibiRinoa
01-19-2003, 06:11 PM
ooo its beautiful..its satin ^.^ (i think it is lol) im suprised it's last this long..my mother says its at least 20 years old...

shadow
01-19-2003, 06:15 PM
Well then you definitely good to go. :D

ChibiRinoa
01-19-2003, 07:21 PM
:-D hell yea lol

Mizuho
01-20-2003, 12:05 AM
That seems like it would be a really comfortable dress to wear. You know how you can pick different characteristis for the dress she wears? Soft, shiney, et cetera? I'd almost always pick "soft" as one of my qualities-- in real life, I'd probably make mine of of very soft, cottony red material or something. I imagine that you could customize your own Aeris dress to fit the description you'd like most. :)

As for finding items that would be great for cosplay -- go for it! Making your entire costume yourself gives you bragging rights, but if you find something that would already be perfect for an outfit as it is (and is a lot cheaper than buying the material for it!), it would probably save a lot of time.

A perk about creating your own is that if you need more material for what you're creating, you can go to the fabric store and get some more of that same kind. If you buy something already made, finding matching material might be a little difficult.

Good luck with your dress! I can't wait to see it!

ChibiRinoa
01-20-2003, 07:36 AM
thanks!
the dress is pretty soft and it flows great...im sure tha if i needed extra material i could find it...it looks like it shouldnt be that hard to find....i would create my own, but due to no funds and so many other projects going on...i figured that since i already have the advantage of having a similar outfit sitting around the house...why not use it incase something goes wrong with my Rinoa costume? ^.^ im sure that someday if i have extra money and im at a fabric store, ill buy the materials to make my own.