PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Alchemist - Military Outfits

hooded-unknown
06-30-2005, 01:26 AM
Hi there! I'm planning to FMA cosplay with a group of friends...most of us want to go as a military officer, me being Hawkeye, and I'm pretty much incharge of their costumes as well.

So the problem is...I don't know where to start with the top part of the outfit (the suit). Pretty much everything other than that I'll be able to manage. I was thinking of finding blue suits and just finding my way through those but how the front part just kinda of folds over is what I'm having trouble with. I want to make it look natural instead of sewing on a seperate piece because the stiches will show. I also have no real knowledge of sewing and I refuse to buy costumes already made ^^;

So any suggestions, tips...etc. would be great! I hope our group can pull it off!

See_the_stars01
06-30-2005, 11:34 AM
any pics?

Baron
06-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Hmm...I'm about to start a Riza cosplay as well. ^___^ To make the jacket, I'm planning on modifying Butterick's 3648 pattern. I haven't tried it yet, mind you, but the pattern is pretty close so I'm going to give it a shot.
This site (http://www.storms-end.com/cosplay/hagaren_uniforms) is also very helpful if you are planning an FMA military uniform.
Hope this helped and good luck with making the costumes!

Mugwump101
07-01-2005, 12:09 AM
How long do you think it would take to make one of the military uniforms form scratch? I only have about 2 weeks and hopefully that would be enough time.