PDA

View Full Version : Favorite video game hero...Male and Female...

Master Zero
01-20-2003, 01:43 AM
So, many, but My favs are:

Dante Sparda from Devil May Cry.

Simply, because he is a badass. Even in the face of danger, he manages to keep his cool. Knows what he likes and isnt afraid to speak his mind.

Samus Aran from Metroid Series.

This babe has the looks, the skills and a big ass hand-cannon. She knows what to do in any situation.

These are my fav male and female character. What are yours?

Note: Please pick one of each, I know we all got more than one, but....you know. ^^ Thanks

psythe
01-20-2003, 06:50 AM
Male: Fei Fong Wong - Xenogears

To go through the crap he went through and still triumph, speaks volumes about him.

Female: Elhayym van Houten - Xenogears

I also consider her a hero for her courage, bravery and ability to stick to her guns.

Yeah they are from the same game, but remove one and the other would probably fail.

Sakura
01-20-2003, 09:29 AM
Male: Locke Cole from Final Fantasy VI. He's a cute little thief ^^ Also, his character reminds me of the guy who I like... a lot.
Close seconds are Cloud Strife because he's tough and spikey haired =D then Squall Leonhart because he's just gorgeous and who can't resist a guy dressed in black?

Female: Celes Chere from Final Fantasy VI. She is a female general, and that just screams "girl power!" to me. And I'm sure everyone on this board knows how obsessed I am with the FFVI opera scene... heh. Her personality is like mine which is why I pair Locke and Celes together because in an indirect way it's like me + the guy I like =P
Close seconds for this one are Faris from FFV! Faris rocks 100% which is why it was hard to choose from her and Celes. I also like Rosa from FFIV and Yuffie from FFVII.

I like so many characters... X_X hard to pick.

diqitaldreams
01-20-2003, 09:48 AM
Dante (DMC) ...GAWD...this guy is totally awesome. I just...can't describe my love for him with words!!! @_@

Tifa - She has her ups and downs. I don't really like her...but she's a great character. @_@ Oxymoron.. I know...but she stuck by Cloud no matter what and still had more than enough abilities to whoop him to next week. Besides, she can do enough or more damage that cloud without a sword, YEAH!

Tenshi
01-20-2003, 10:04 AM
Male: No, I'm not obsessed with Locke (http://www.mirager.net/locke). I swear it. I only have a domain named after his desperation attack ~~;;. Anyways, I like him because he's got the greatest attitude on life. Sure, he's got his issues, but almost all of the time he doesn't let it get him down. Plus he's always so sweet to Terra! *_*

(Honorable mentions are Squall and Seifer from FFVIII. If I went into why I'd make this a novel ^^;; )

Female: I have a tie!

Terra (FFVI): She's so sweet and childlike. How could you not love her? She's not a stereotypical heroine in any way I can see. Plus her love for the children is a wonderful alternative to the romantic love most main characters seem to get at the end of a game (and I'm saying this when I'm a Locke x Terra fan, oh my ~~;; ).

Rinoa (FFVIII): She seems not to be liked, and I can't see why. Yeah, she's kinda bratty and has a bit of a "save me!" complex, but that's only the very tip of her personality. I love the way she becomes darker and darker as the game progresses. And she's the true hero of FFVIII, but to detail *why* would, again, make this into a novel ^_^.

You shouldn't ask these questions when I'm in a rambling mood XD.

Celine
01-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Male: Chaz Ashley, Phantasy Star 4

OK, so PS4 is my favorite RPG, so it does make a certain amount of sense for my favorite character to be the main one... He's just so cute and young, and his reactions to all of the totally important and universe-shattering events are so human. He's also kind of retarded sometimes, which is endearing. I really sympathized with him regarding what happened to Alys, I loved the cute romance between him and Rika, and I could go on forever and ever about this... ^_^;;;

Female: Celine Jules, Star Ocean 2

HA! AREN'T YOU SURPRISED? Celine's sexy and powerful, and calls everyone "darling" ... XD I want to be just like her because she rocks so much.

Iridal
01-20-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Celine
OK, so PS4 is my favorite RPG, so it does make a certain amount of sense for my favorite character to be the main one...

You love PS4 too ^_^ I swear, I feel like a total minority in this.

Favorite Male: Bart Fatima (Xenogears) and Pesmerga (Suikoden I & II) - close tie....Bart is so blond and cute and dashing and clueless, it's hard to NOT at least like the guy. ^_^ And for Pesmerga, he's so mysterious and cute....who cares if he's too damn slow in the game?

Favorite Female: Sylvina (Suikoden I) - this was hard to choose, but I really do like her. She's totally devoted to Kirkis, she was good with runes in battle, and she was positively adorable. ^_^

PretearWink
01-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Fav female: Tifa Lockheart

I didn't even have to hesitate. She's gorgeous, smart, complex, strong, courageous, loyal, and just plain kickass cool ^_^ Tifa Lockheart forever!

Fav male:

This one took me awhile. I'd like to send props out to Laguna Loire, Ryudo, and Cloud, but the guy who really is my fav is

Yuri from Shadow Hearts.

This guy is nuts! He's funny, crazy, hot, has nifty harmonixer powers, badass, and eventually you find him loving, romantic, loyal, courageous, and a very deep and complex character ^^

Think Orphen mixed with some Vincent Valentine ^^

Sami
01-20-2003, 06:13 PM
After lengths and lengths of thought...

Male: Miklotov (Suikoden II)
Mik will always be my favorite male character, forever and ever and a day. ^__^ He's just so.. driven and motivated, and he really doesn't take any crap from anyone and stands up for what he believes in, even if it isn't popular opinion at the time. He has a big heart and a silly haircut and can be rather blunt but it just makes him all the more loveable.. ^__^ *snuggles her Miklotov plush*

Close runners up were Seed, Culgan, and Magus (from Chrono Trigger!)..

Female: Kidd (Chrono Cross)
I have a love/hate relationship with Kidd. I cosplay her and I think she looks very cute and has a fun personality, but when I played the game I found her to be annoying a lot of the time.. ^^; But she grew on me. Very few female characters really draw me in, I guess.

jade_dragon
01-21-2003, 04:07 PM
male:dante and tidus

female: lara croft (yeah yeah i know but she was the first strong female character)

Dark Vision
01-21-2003, 05:02 PM
Cless from Tales of Phantasia. Kinda comedic and cool design.
Mint from Tales of Phantasia. She just looks really cool. Plus a gentle soul despite they terrors of life she has gone through.

Okay so they were design by my favorite character designer Kosuke Fujishima. ie AMG

Celine
01-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Wow! I love the Tales of Phantasia designs... it's very cool that someone else knows them. ^_^ They're sooooo cute!!

loki555
01-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Male:Megaman X

Female:Lenneth Valkyrie

Erilan
01-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Time for Erilan's opinion

Male: Roy from Super Smash Bros Melee and Fire Emblem. Roy destroys ALL competition.
Runner Up: Voldo from Soul Calibur is a close second, he rules too. :bigtu:

Female: Samus Aran. One of the oldest characters in the video game universe is still one of the coolest.
Runner Up: Kasumi from the Dead or Alive series. A sweet semi-innocent busty ninja girl who kicks ass. What more needs to be said? ;)

Arc_The_Lad
01-22-2003, 06:53 AM
Male: Tosh from Arc the Lad, He's got a blood red Mullet, he's a samurai, he's pissed off 89% of the time, and he's drunk 93% of the time, and he's katana is cool "Crimson Edge"

Female: Ayame From Tenchu, Got Double Knives, kills a man before he screams, and looks sexy in her secret armor.
http://www.workingdesigns.com/games/playstation/arc_the_lad_collection/characters/graphics/tosh.jpg

marsie
01-22-2003, 08:11 AM
Hmmmm

Female-
A tie!

Terra-FFVI or FFIII(if you are in the US)- Is she human or an Esper? Dunno! But she kicks ass! Who could not love a girl who protected children when the world was in ruin? She had the best ablilities and balanced magic and sword play better than most.

Yuna-FFX- I loved her character design. Sweet, innocent, and very jaded about the world around her. Her spirit is not as obvious as other FF characters such as Tifa or Selphie. But she is still has a quiet courage and bravery about her.

Runner Up-
Aeris-FFVII-Yes the sweet girl with the flower basket. She had the best moves and limit breaks. Her character was the only thing about FFVII that I liked next to Cloud in a dress. XD
She is a lot like Yuna in many of her actions but I think that she is more outgoing than Yuna. But both seem to open up to the main male character more than anyone else.

Honorable Mention-
Celes-FFVI- The opera scene!

Male Characters-
Locke-FFVI- How can you not love a Thief? I mean he winks at you when he is introduced into the game! And he continues searching for a cure for Rachel through out the game. Sure he is a playa but he could have had Terra, Celes and Rachel if he wanted.

Squall-FFVIII- Just because he is the hottest of all the FF men. BLACK LEATHER! Yummy!

Character I'd like to roast on an open Fire
Gau-FFVI- -.- enough said

Celine- YES! Finally I figured out where your name came from. I thought I was the only person in the history of the world that knew about Star Ocean 2. I am drooling for SO3 to come out.

Celine
01-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by marsie
Celine- YES! Finally I figured out where your name came from. I thought I was the only person in the history of the world that knew about Star Ocean 2. I am drooling for SO3 to come out.

Me too! It looks bizarre, but Star Ocean is always strange. Did you ever try the original? ^_^ It's great, it's just unfortunate that it was never released in the states... but you can get a translated ROM. SO1 and 2 are direct sequels, too. Ronixis is your main mage (but not main character) in SO1, and then of course you have Claude in SO2.

And were it not for SO2, Aeris and I might have never met! Which would be tragic and sad... So, yay for Star Ocean! ^_^

Michi
01-22-2003, 11:01 AM
Female: Rika from Phantasy Star IV. Naive, cute, innocent, and kicks ass with dual slashers. Awwww yeah. XD After her, probably right now Virginia Maxwell from Wild ARMs 3.. I've heard complaints that she's whiny, but she's just trying to figure herself out.. and she isn't the generic female heroine healer in a dress with nothing but white magic.. She's got two guns, dammit.

Male: Uhh. Zidane Tribal from Final Fantasy IX. 'Cause he's a pervert, and got to be the main character. Or something. Nah, I really love the guy. :3 Edgar Figaro from FF6 has much love too, even if he's more of a side character. *noddles*

buickgransport
01-22-2003, 11:26 AM
Male: Auron or Cid Highwind
Female: Aeris

Celine
01-22-2003, 02:23 PM
Michi rules a lot, because her top choices are both of my second choices. ^_^ YAY PHANTASY STAR 4!!! hehehe. I'd also like to comment that Rika rules because of the scene where you're crash landing and her whole reaction is "WHEEE!! Yay! Crash landing!" XD

SleepingKirby
01-23-2003, 01:39 AM
Dante, what can I say?

Female? Well, she's an AI but... Jehuty's AI from Z.O.E.

Neko Cathy
01-23-2003, 08:46 AM
Male: Definately Auron. He's personality and past make him an putsanding, well-developed character in an RPG. Plus he can kick assand I have always had him in my party.

Female: A Tie Between...

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil): She's mess anyone up with an AK-47, doesn't whine and bitch and knows how to get the job done when it comes to dealing with a city infested with zombies.

Yuni (DDR): Yea sure she doesn't show much of a character in the game, but the fact that she's blonde, is a hacker, craves for junk food and gets with an older Asian man (all her personal bio can be found @ ddrei.com) still makes her my ultimate Anime/Videogame heroine besides Deedlit the elf. Plus she's got a cute outfit and doesn't look much like a freak.

Sapphira
01-24-2003, 03:50 AM
Hero:

Auron - I always found him to be a very intriguing character. Strong, fearless and wise, he's the one who always has it together and though he knows what lies ahead in the journey of his companions, he lets them discover it all for themselves instead of giving it all away.

Heroine:

Yuna - She's beautiful, modest, polite, talented, mature... she embodies all of the qualities that I feel make a woman extraordinary! Her selfless and responsible nature makes her such a wonderful character to learn about and she's addicting too... her story just draws you in and captivates you.

KnuxieChan
01-24-2003, 07:00 AM
Hmm..*thinks about it*

Favorite Female: Lenneth Valkyrie.

She's cool and.. dead XD And she captures souls to be heros!

Favorite Male: That's a tuffy.. probably Zidane, Link and Sonic

I'm more for villains though *nods*

BloodTalon67
01-24-2003, 12:06 PM
Male: Seifer, Cause of his asshole-ways plus he is super sexy! I just love the whole Trench Coat!
Female:
I have to agree with Neko Cathy! ^.^
Jill Kicks almighty ass and She has put up with the Nemesis! She is an Idle to me! ::tear:: She is Woman Hear Her Grenadelancher Roar!!