PDA

View Full Version : I didn't even know there was such a thing as a yaoi con...

Liahara_Crow
07-20-2002, 01:17 PM
I wonder if I could torture D even more by dragging him to one... He doesn't like the fact that I like yaoi. It would be funny and I would laugh, but it wouldn't really be funny. He'd get mad at me. Oh well.

Michi
07-20-2002, 10:01 PM
YaoiCon bugs me. I attended last year and I'm attending this year (well, maybe), but not getting a badge. I can't do that until 2004, because my birthday's at the end of the year. >_<
I do NOT see why they can't have badges for minors and only allow them into certain panels and video rooms. It would be more organized that way. -_-

Youta20
07-27-2002, 11:43 PM
Yaoi con? So, let me get this straight, it a con dedicated to anime that shows boys liking boys? I never knew such a thing existed... Is there a Yuri con?

Marisa
07-28-2002, 10:17 PM
No. Let's start one. (No, I'm not Yuri. Get that idea outta yo' head!)

Kenshin Ken
07-30-2002, 01:49 PM
Well Y-con has been up since last year, so it's not too surprising that a majority of people haven't heard of it yet. ^^:; I got suckered into going by a CERTIAN girl's whining about her doujinshi addiction....( I am so weak with girls..^^; )...... I shuyddered through every SINGLY doujinshi in every single box...looking for the right ones that my friend would want.... ^^;;;; aah what a releif that they had a few NORMAL booths ^^:;

Ranma Saotome
07-30-2002, 03:00 PM
*shrugs* There's a Yuri-con in Newark, NJ. What's your point? :D

Michi
07-30-2002, 08:47 PM
The panels range from "Yaoi Fanfiction" to "Yaoi in Real Life" and stuff like that, from what I remember. And it's a place where you can pose as two male characters all scandalatious-like (that was purposefully spelled that way, go watch the Utena movie XP) and everyone CHEERS. For example when my friend dressed as Irvine knocked me to the ground when I was Zell, a crowd of girls rooted us on and took photos. ^_^;
It's still very tasteful... It was a nice small hangout con last year. It was great next to Japantown, wandering into Japantown in costume was the best. This year it's a few blocks away from the 2001 site, though. I'm still seeing if I wanna go or not.

Youta20
08-01-2002, 12:43 AM
Okay, seeing that I am a man, I don't really enjoy watching two Bishounen Guys engage in some hot Yaoi action ^^;;;;...

But, I'm not damning the whole thing either. I mean come on, alot of guys like to see pretty girls going at it, so why can't girls enjoy pretty guys going at it.

I guess I was just curious to see a con started in honor of the whole yaoi thing, I guess I just didn't think there was enough interest out there in it

Kenshin Ken
08-02-2002, 12:58 AM
oooh there is pelnty interist in it ^^;; but as I remember, one man by the name of Rey Rey made a lil catchphrase called HYA ( Hot Yaoi Action)... and after that.. practiclaly ALL the yaoi fans came outta the closet ^^;;; a little while after that.. Yaoi con started lol ^^;;

Kenshin Ken
08-02-2002, 12:59 AM
okay maybe notAFTER that..but soemtime after that... the HYA is familar with all yaoi fans in CA apparently ^^:;;

Ken-chan
08-02-2002, 07:56 AM
Yaoi is soo pretty *-*.. I want to go.. v.v... to young though.. i couldn't even buy yaoi doujinshi at Otakon v.v...

RanChan03
08-19-2002, 03:14 AM
what about yuri don't we like yuri too?

GenderConfusedCloud
08-19-2002, 12:43 PM
I don't see why there can't just be a Shoujo/Shounen-ai con altogther. Yoai and Yuri all mixed into different catagories so that there's something for everyone, even the narrow minded people who only like either one or the other... What's wrong with Yuri? I'm not Yuri, but love is still love, no matter whether it be Hetrosexual, BiSexual or Homosexual, ne?

Michi
08-19-2002, 07:59 PM
There's nothing wrong with yuri; there IS a YuriCon gosh darnit. ^^;

RanChan03
08-20-2002, 04:13 AM
Lol i wish there was a yuri con close to where i live, but alas the only con closest to me is MTAC

GenderConfusedCloud
08-20-2002, 06:23 AM
We don't even have a con close... it sucks being in England. The closest thing is the ONLY thing, the London Anime Expo/Otakon which is in London 200 miles norhthwest..and since I got no car, my faily has no car, the trains are unrelaible, coach journeys are expensive and take too long, and the buses are never on time, I am never going to get to one until I'm old enough to drive... so another 2 years (17 years old, people). Yaoi-con would be brilliant, but loads of people are anti-homo here, everyone loves the lesbos, it aint right. Gay guys get shit on but lesbians re the rulers of the world. Such narrow minded people! I wanna go, but I gotta save enough money, maybe then I can get some pictures!

KuroBara
08-20-2002, 11:03 AM
>I don't see why there can't just be a Shoujo/Shounen-ai con altogther. Yoai and Yuri all mixed into different catagories so that there's something for everyone, even the narrow minded people who only like either one or the other.

YaoiYuriCon!

GenderConfusedCloud
08-20-2002, 11:12 AM
Has a good ring don't it? lol! :)

Kenshin Ken
08-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey hey now don't discriminate! Hentai con will be bettah! lol!

RanChan03
08-21-2002, 01:16 AM
ooooooo hentai con when is that i would kill literally to go there

GenderConfusedCloud
08-21-2002, 03:21 AM
Hentai would be great o go to, I'm not like, a pervert of anything, but it's the surrealism and impossibilty of hentai that I like! But, beinng under 18, I wouldn't get in being just a minor :( that sucks...

RanChan03
08-21-2002, 03:30 AM
someone ought to do one, but if they did soooo many laws would be broken....i think

GenderConfusedCloud
08-21-2002, 03:32 AM
mmhmm, image the cosplay! Nasty... I think youre right about laws, but, ouch, I expect there is one somewhere... we just havnt found it.

RanChan03
08-21-2002, 12:41 PM
hehe imagine 2 dressed up as hentai characters, one a innocent girl the other, doing god knows what

GenderConfusedCloud
08-21-2002, 01:52 PM
OOOO, nast damnit! Especially if it's TENTACLE Hentai! >.0

RanChan03
08-21-2002, 03:07 PM
yea one guy dressed as a tentacle monster.. Full detail

GenderConfusedCloud
08-21-2002, 04:20 PM
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

Michi
08-21-2002, 06:18 PM
Alright, super getting off topic of YaoiCon now.. X_x

Lady
08-21-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Senzu
We don't even have a con close... it sucks being in England.

GAH!*eyes bug* Grissecon! You can go to Grissecon! I would LOVE to go to it, but I don't have the money to do it. Same reason I can't go to Yaoi con*sighs*

-Lady, big fan of Wraeththu

RanChan03
08-22-2002, 12:35 AM
TENTACLES!!! mwahahahahaha

GenderConfusedCloud
08-24-2002, 12:57 PM
I wanted to go to Aya returns... but noone will accompany me and if I cant get a ride up travel fares are nearly 100... it's not fair..::cries::