PDA

View Full Version : Naruto headband for CNAnime

simpskip
07-05-2005, 10:39 PM
hey, it's getting close to august and i'm in need of a naruto headband for CNAnime. If worse comes to worse, i'll make one, but I want the authenticity.
Any1 know where to get 1 or does any1 have a konoha headband for sale.
Any help is appreciated

Thanks, Mike.

Amy the Yu
07-05-2005, 11:02 PM
This question's been addressed before.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=53290

And in another thread, Chef Belegfea mentioned that they're also sold at Anime Xtreme (which is downtown on Spadina in Chinatown).

simpskip
07-05-2005, 11:12 PM
This question's been addressed before.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=53290

And in another thread, Chef Belegfea mentioned that they're also sold at Anime Xtreme (which is downtown on Spadina in Chinatown).

sorry bout this thread then, mods can delete

chaos_magician
07-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Yep Anime Xtreme sells them for 20-25 dollars and u can get one from any clan..pretty good knockoff and price since the konoha one i bought was like 50 bucks cuz it came straight from Japan!! i might sell it if i don't happen to cosplay anyone from konoha...

Amy the Yu
07-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Yep Anime Xtreme sells them for 20-25 dollars and u can get one from any clan..pretty good knockoff and price since the konoha one i bought was like 50 bucks cuz it came straight from Japan!! i might sell it if i don't happen to cosplay anyone from konoha...Pacific Mall/Market Village would be a much better deal then. They have bootleg forehead protecters for only $10-15. P Mall also has a few stores that have tonnes of other Naruto cosplay stuff, like Kunais and gloves and all that stuff as well as a hell of a lot of merch (and all much cheaper than I've ever seen at Anime Xtreme).

TribalButterfly
07-06-2005, 07:59 AM
If you get desperate, you can always find Naruto Forehead Protectors on Ebay. That's where my friend got his, and it was WICKED!

As for myself, there's this really nice girl who usually has a booth at the cons, and sells them (Artists Ally) thatís where I got mine. It's a little more flimsy than the one my friend got on Ebay, but it's still pretty spectacular.
Though, I'm sure you'd rather buy yours before the actual con :) Even though she's always been at the cons, selling her Naruto Headbands in the past, Iím not 100% sure she's going to be there again this year. You never know until you see her :)

Diagnosed
07-24-2005, 01:47 PM
A friend of mine makes really great ones. He uses a thicker metal than most people do, so they don't bend out of shape... unless you like run over them or something... His username on cosplay.com is xenogenetix I believe. Last time I checked he charges $15. In anycase, good luck!

chef_belegfea
07-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Pacific Mall/Market Village would be a much better deal then. They have bootleg forehead protecters for only $10-15. P Mall also has a few stores that have tonnes of other Naruto cosplay stuff, like Kunais and gloves and all that stuff as well as a hell of a lot of merch (and all much cheaper than I've ever seen at Anime Xtreme).

I've never been able to find those stores... when will you be back in town?

Amy the Yu
07-24-2005, 09:04 PM
I've never been able to find those stores... when will you be back in town?You serious? O.o;;

You need to come with us to P Mall next time. We almost always make sure to visit the bootleg stores. >_>

I'm back the week of CN, right after Otakon's done. Going to P Mall sometime that week or the following, I'll be sure to let you know exactly when we decide to go.

~*Virual*~
07-25-2005, 07:46 AM
You serious? O.o;;

You need to come with us to P Mall next time. We almost always make sure to visit the bootleg stores. >_>

I'm back the week of CN, right after Otakon's done. Going to P Mall sometime that week or the following, I'll be sure to let you know exactly when we decide to go.

Yep, Pacific Mall is where I got mine. It was about 15 bucks. :)

piinku
08-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Could anyone tell me some worthwhile stores in the downtown Toronto area to visit while we are at CN Anime last year? We visited the Chinatown on what I think was Dundas street, but the only anime-related merchandise we came across was a store that sold keychains and the like (beside the pocky store) in the Dragon City Mall(?). We'll be staying fairly close to the Conference Center. Where is the Pacific Mall and Anime Extreme?

Thanks a lot... I'm from N.B., so I'm kind of a Toronto n00b. Any help would be appreciated ^^

Amy the Yu
08-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Could anyone tell me some worthwhile stores in the downtown Toronto area to visit while we are at CN Anime last year? We visited the Chinatown on what I think was Dundas street, but the only anime-related merchandise we came across was a store that sold keychains and the like (beside the pocky store) in the Dragon City Mall(?). We'll be staying fairly close to the Conference Center. Where is the Pacific Mall and Anime Extreme?

Thanks a lot... I'm from N.B., so I'm kind of a Toronto n00b. Any help would be appreciated ^^http://www.riwasa.com/shopping/canada/ontario/toronto.htm

My personal favourite site for anime buyer's guide. XD

On the list, the majority of the places are downtown, although a lot are just general comic stores. Personal recommendations would be Kikiwai (lots of official imported goodies), Hairy Tarantula (shitloads of manga) and Anime Xtreme (you can find the address form their site http://store.animextreme.ca/ since the store listing doesn't seem to have them).

If you have the time (ie an extra day around town) Pacific Mall is an absolute must. It's the largest Asian mall outside of China and it's got piles and piles of affordable (bootleg) anime merchandise and boxsets and stuff. The 50 billion bubbletea shops there usually pleases the anime fans as well. =D