PDA

View Full Version : What it like?

jen_kat
01-20-2003, 12:03 PM
My friends insist that I go to it this year, but I'm kinda hesistant... ^^;;
Also, depending on where I end up going to college, I may or may not be able to go anyways. But I haven't been to Yaoi-con before, and I'm wondering what it's like. Anyone care to fill me in?

SohjiroX
01-21-2003, 12:52 AM
I would if you dont mind, be in mind that I have only gone once, but of last year, and to tell you the truth it was amazing, small but perfect in ways. I felt really surprised to see how it turned out. There's the dealers room nice size not to big, plenty of space for pics and such....and the masquared is unprodicdable....cant spell, late at night.....in anycase all I can say is if you have a fav. yaoi or want to join my friends group and go....aim me or email me...we're always looking for new friends to have fun with at this con.

TsukiGuujin
01-21-2003, 03:40 PM
I haven't been yet. *sigh* Our yaoi-con plans got cancelled last year! *cries a lot*

ANYWAY. I have heard REALLY great things about it.
We are SO GOING this year!!!
I'll be Rosiel Friday and Sunday, and Count D (Petshop of Horrors) Saturday evening. What will I be Saturday morning? If I told you, I'd have to kill you. MWAHA!

*rambles*

Oh, and SohjiroX, what is this group you speak of?

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Rosiel
01-21-2003, 03:46 PM
I'm curious too. =^_^=

Katan is trying to get me to attend the con with her... but I'm not quite sure I want to. How /small/ is it? Do you think it's worth flying in from the East Coast?

She's a huge yaoi fan, I'm more lukewarm... is everything completely yaoi-centered? And more to the point, are people accepting of non-yaoi fans/cosplays?

TsukiGuujin
01-21-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
I'm curious too. =^_^=

Katan is trying to get me to attend the con with her... but I'm not quite sure I want to. How /small/ is it? Do you think it's worth flying in from the East Coast?

She's a huge yaoi fan, I'm more lukewarm... is everything completely yaoi-centered? And more to the point, are people accepting of non-yaoi fans/cosplays?

Personally, *I* think it's worth flying in from anywhere, but then again I am about the world's biggest Yaoi fan. ^^

And mostly everything *is* yaoi centered, I know that. I didn't GO, but I was as involved as one can be without going. And yes, everyone is pretty accepting of the non-yaoi people.

However, unless you are a really big yaoi fan, this con probably won't entertain you too much.

Hope I helped.

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

aonceu
01-24-2003, 07:09 PM
When is it?

Baka Neko
01-24-2003, 10:51 PM
I'm still under-age to attend but I was allowed to wait before the double doors while they went and fetched Anneke. I was just there for 30 mins and chatted with her, dropped off my Music Video Entries (Gravitation Complication & Pop Idol Antics ^^) and I can't wait til I can go in 2005 x.x *sigh* But yes, from what I saw everyone was very kind, lots of hotties, and if there were any non-yaoi fans present they at least had respect for those who are, which is a nice change from all the haters ^^

*BakaNeko*

TsukiGuujin
01-26-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by aonceu
Yeah, i plan on attending Yaoi-con this year. I really wanted to go last year but decided it was a bit too pricey. Im definitely going this year tho, i love yaoi!!

Anyone know when its going to be tho? Last year it was in mid-October. Itll probably be around the same time this year, right?

HOORAY FOR YAOI!

It should be about the same time this year, as well....I forget the exact dates now. X.x

I'd love to meet up with some of you people who are going, just because I like making friends...especially Yaoi-friendly ones! XD

I think I already posted what I'll be dressed as on the days. My Saturday morning costume is TOP SECRET, but yeah.

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Kenshin Kitty
01-30-2003, 05:04 PM
Well I've gone both years so if you have any questions your *really* dying to ask. go right ahead!

Michi
01-31-2003, 02:31 AM
I wouldn't recommend going unless you'd know people. I was only there the first year, didn't register, and just hung out in the lobby and made it into a panel late at night. I like yaoi on occasion, but I certainly don't thrive on it anymore, and I enjoyed myself well enough.
But if you're flying in from far away, I'd say plan to visit the city or something too, or KNOW you'll know a fair amount of people. ^_^; I intend to go this year most likely just to see friends. *shrug*

Kenshin Ken
01-31-2003, 12:36 PM
I was there last year and thr year before hand.. I'm not givin soem kidna impression ehre though. ^^;; I stuck with my friends the entire time.

Last year there was a bigger group of out-of-state people than the year before that. * not really sure why..but I guess the popularity gave it some more attention* ^^

There were a series of tings that went on there that were ..well. * ahem* un-conventional. I remember there was some Panel with some bullwhip master...and from there he also gave us a rather..interisitng but about SM and I don;t mean Salior moon ^^;;

there were also the video rooms which showed...well what else could they be showing? Yaoi ^^;; I sat thru something in thereo nce jsut to see what goes on in there.... I was wondering how long the stuff was existing..^^;; sicne i saw soemthin that lookedl ike..1970's Yaoi ..*shrugs8 maah well.. I wasn't in the video room for that much longer ^^;;

the dealers room seemed to ahve been slit in half from one side " normal to hentai stuff" to the other half..yaoi and bisho stuff ^^:;

The atmospehre of the con was pretty cozy..kinda quiet now n then. But it's good to be there with some buddies ^^. Since in my experiance..there's not really too much to do when oyu're alone...but check the schedule and you might find somthing worthwhile ^^.

Ah, jsut to add, some of the local groups do come to the con to put in their own little things, Like Recca con, they put in the video game room. a And fanime ( I think they were there..) to put up theirpre-reg booth. there's probably alot that I've missed..but if there's anything you'd like to ask, ask away ^^.

aonceu
02-01-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by TsukiGuujin
HOORAY FOR YAOI!

It should be about the same time this year, as well....I forget the exact dates now. X.x

I'd love to meet up with some of you people who are going, just because I like making friends...especially Yaoi-friendly ones! XD

I think I already posted what I'll be dressed as on the days. My Saturday morning costume is TOP SECRET, but yeah.

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Im cosplaying as Zell, Nikki, and maybe Squall. What about you?

TsukiGuujin
02-02-2003, 11:26 PM
*not posting secret costume on board* Besides, my secret costume is a bit *COUGH* lewd, so I think I might be flamed for telling anyone. But I'll tell you if you PM me. ^^

As for two GUYS dressed as a guy pairing....No one will mind. Me, personally? I'D LOVE TO SEE IT! *droooooool*

Yes, my brain leaked out of my ears because I am a rabid yaoi fan girl. XD

I will try to find out the dates soon, ok?

BTW...Zell and Irvine are way kyoot together. ^^

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Psychotic Jei
02-03-2003, 06:47 PM
This will be like the third year that I'm trying to go. If I do go....I'd probably bring a Sakuma Ryuichi costume. Sol Badguy (because a friend is flying in from Florida and is going to be Axl. Heh.) And then probably Seto Kaiba.

My friends say nothing buy good thing, so I think I've become the shuttle for our group from SoCal.

TsukiGuujin
02-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic Jei
This will be like the third year that I'm trying to go. If I do go....I'd probably bring a Sakuma Ryuichi costume. Sol Badguy (because a friend is flying in from Florida and is going to be Axl. Heh.) And then probably Seto Kaiba.

My friends say nothing buy good thing, so I think I've become the shuttle for our group from SoCal.

So...you haven't been? WHY!? O.O

If I lived in California, I'd have been there last year (not the year before...too young) for sure!

That's just me.

Rabid Yaoi fangirl with brain dribbling out her ears. You know. ^^

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Psychotic Jei
02-04-2003, 11:34 PM
Ah, because its 400 miles away. And I didnt have the cash the last few years. and I have to limit myself to three cons a year. And last year I went to Fanime and Ani-Magic besides AX

TsukiGuujin
02-05-2003, 12:48 AM
AH! That makes a lot of sense, then.

Hope to see you this year!

~~Tsuki~~

Kenshin Kitty
02-05-2003, 01:06 PM
Yaoi Con 2001 was my 1st con ever and its still been my fave. I think that's because the ppl there are so welcoming ^_^ I never felt worried about who I could talk to cause everyone was so friendly.

TsukiGuujin
02-06-2003, 12:17 AM
THat is just GREAT that Yaoi Con was your first ever con. I think that's a GREAT way to start cons. XD

~~Tsuki~~

Kenshin Kitty
02-06-2003, 10:13 AM
THat is just GREAT that Yaoi Con was your first ever con. I think that's a GREAT way to start cons. XD

~~Tsuki~~

Yeah it was great, you could feel the love literaly ^_^x No other con has come close to that sorta feeling...the only other one I love going to is AX but that's because there was so much to do and Watsuki was there.

Sessha

Kozispoon
02-17-2003, 02:37 PM
If everything works out, I'll get to go this year. *bounces* Question: Whats the policy on Jrock cosplay there? Will I be stoned, or is it tolerated? I got a mana B.O.B costume that I might want to wear there...

TsukiGuujin
02-18-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Kozispoon
If everything works out, I'll get to go this year. *bounces* Question: Whats the policy on Jrock cosplay there? Will I be stoned, or is it tolerated? I got a mana B.O.B costume that I might want to wear there...

As far as I know, it's not a problem. I might end up having to chuck my Yaoicon costume plans (except for Duo) right out the damned window of No Budget Left and stick with my Cyberland Mana costume for one of the days.

So I say GO FOR IT. YAY!

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Kozispoon
02-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Cyberland Mana? *ears perk up* You know, It'd be nice to get all the Jrock cosplayers together at the yaoi con for a photoshoot. What do you think?

TsukiGuujin
02-18-2003, 11:28 PM
*nods* It would indeed. I'm pretty sure there will be others. ^^;

I may or may not do the Mana costume at Yaoi con, simply becuase of the HAIR. I'm using my own hair for it, and I may not feel up to styling it again.

Besides, if I wear the Mana costume, I'll be stuck being Duo with funny colored hair. XD

But we'll see.

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Karisu-sama
03-01-2003, 01:51 AM
I went last year, and I had a blast. Even my husband had a good time, and he is not a Yaoi fan. We're definitely going back.

Yaoi-con is quite small, and definitely very much Yaoi-centered, but people are very respectful and on good adult behavior, which is a delightful thing to see. If one is not actually cosplaying a Yaoi character (whether canon or fanfic), this should not be a problem. J-rock costumes were popular too, since there was a J-rock track. I said "small", but last year's attendance was twice that of the previous year, so this year's may be even more.

Rosiel, ask Gideon how he liked it - he and Janice flew over for it.

It actually had a couple real open con parties, which is a rarity for anime cons, and much appreciated by this long-time con party-goer.

Lady
03-06-2003, 05:44 PM
I'd love to go to Yaoicon, and I swear if it's still going on for awhile, Ill get there eventually. But flying from Ohio to SanFran, being alone all weekend, then flying back doesn't sound like too much fun*eyes swirl*

-Lady

TsukiGuujin
03-07-2003, 01:55 AM
Awww, Lady. ;_;

You should join the YaoiCon group, or find some of us to room with. Most of the people on the Group are pretty neat, and that's how I was going to go last year.

You wouldn't have to be alone. I'd hang with ya. ^_~

But that IS a killer flight. X_x

~~Tsuki~~

Kozispoon
03-13-2003, 04:08 PM
Wow! peoples are actually going. ^.^ OY! If you're going to Yaoi con, list what you're going to be dressed as! I'll be sure to say hello!

aonceu
03-15-2003, 02:27 AM
The Yaoi-con website is finally up

Michi
03-15-2003, 04:08 AM
Kozispoon, there's a thread for costume plans here already started by Sukida. ^^ Just go over to it~ :F

TsukiGuujin
03-21-2003, 06:05 PM
Costume plans?

GAHAHAHAHAHAH! Like I have any money for more costumes.

Duo is my only yaoi-con costume at this point, due to lack of funds. HOPEFULLY my fiance will be coming, and I will shove him into spandex shorts and a tank top (he makes the BEST Heero) so yeah.

I hope they have karaoke...

~~Tsuki~~

*bitches about hotel prices*

ChibiHiku
04-09-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Baka Neko
I'm still under-age to attend but I was allowed to wait before the double doors while they went and fetched Anneke.

I was once in your situation, Baka Neko. But now I am old enough to go to Yaoi-con! If I can remember correctly, the first year of Yaoi-con, my 18th b-day was a month AFTER it.

Although, I didn't go last year. No one I knew had enough money to go that year. ^^() And I probably didn't have money either... come to think of it. Maybe I will go this year but that's still up in the air.

Michi
04-09-2003, 04:44 PM
Yeah.. I went to YaoiCon 01.. but I won't be 18 til two months after THIS YaoiCon.. I just didn't register in '01 and didn't bother to show up in '02. Gonna go this year, though. And in '04 I can register! NYAH. :P

Widow
04-09-2003, 05:03 PM
*bitches about hotel prices*

x_X Ditto.

TsukiGuujin
04-10-2003, 12:19 AM
>>but I won't be 18 til two months after THIS YaoiCon.. I just didn't register in '01 and didn't bother to show up in '02. Gonna go this year, though. And in '04 I can register! NYAH. :P

Wait.....
then how are you going, if you're not 18?

:::serious confusion:::

*bitches even MORE about hotel prices because of how many people are possibly going from her cosplay group*

I liked the prices last year better. >.<

~~Tsuki~~

Widow
04-10-2003, 12:25 AM
Some friends are talking about snagging a hotel about .05 miles from the con for under $100. I'm considering the pros and cons of going that route. Maybe I shouldn't be such a miser, and although the hotel they've chosen is beautiful, I just hate to hand over the cash. Unfortunately, I'm completely unfamiliar with the area and have no idea what I could be getting into. Is anyone else thinking about staying at a different hotel?

Michi
04-10-2003, 12:27 AM
Tsuki -- Why don't you cram everyone in your group in one room? Cheapness. :P I went in '01 when I was 15... XD; I just didn't register. I also won't this year. I'll just hang out in the lobby. @_x; Someone let me in a panel back in '01 late at night, too. *shrug* I barely do anything but hang out in the lobby at cons, anyway, and if the right people come with me, I'll end up having lots of fun and then retreat to Japantown in costume. ^_^ I went in '01 'cause it was new, didn't care in '02, wanna go in '03 to see people coming from out of state. ^.~

Widow -- When I went in 2001, we drove back and forth from my house, heh. This year I dunno if I'll be at the hotel or not... But um, I'm familiar with the area, seeing as I practically live there, so I can help...? A nearby hotel doesn't sound bad, if I don't get enough people to stay with at the main hotel.. Hrm. Unless I do the '01 thing again.. which isn't bad at all. *shrug, thinkthink* :X

Psychotic Jei
04-10-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Widow
Some friends are talking about snagging a hotel about .05 miles from the con for under $100. I'm considering the pros and cons of going that route. Maybe I shouldn't be such a miser, and although the hotel they've chosen is beautiful, I just hate to hand over the cash. Unfortunately, I'm completely unfamiliar with the area and have no idea what I could be getting into. Is anyone else thinking about staying at a different hotel?

Yeah, thats what I'm planning on. There's so many hotels within walking distance. Some are pretty cheap and are those older types.

Karisu-sama
04-10-2003, 05:28 PM
We're probably going to splurge on the hotel because it's a mini-vacation away from the kidlets. Besides, if the Evil Geniuses (Kevin and Andy) have another open party this year, it's easier to stay in the same hotel instead of trying to go back to another one in an inebriated state. :p

Widow
04-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
We're probably going to splurge on the hotel because it's a mini-vacation away from the kidlets. Besides, if the Evil Geniuses (Kevin and Andy) have another open party this year, it's easier to stay in the same hotel instead of trying to go back to another one in an inebriated state. :p

:O You're too young to drink, missy!

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 12:06 AM
*innocent blink*

But-but it's really all just about STAYING IN CHARACTER!! (For you too, I might add ;D )

Widow
04-11-2003, 12:09 AM
I fight when I'm drunk, sillyprecious! Imagine the police toting me off to jail while my Shesta cries, imagine the scandal! :o Besides, I'm very inelegant when I've got too much liquor in me, and I wouldn't be worrying about finding -my- hotel room--I'd be too busy helping myself to everyone else's. :thumbsup:

But I got to admit, the hotel they've chosen this year looks mighty pretty.....

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 12:33 AM
We'll sit on you. :D I talk more eloquently when I'm drunk (I'll placate the police!), but otherwise too much liquor in me doesn't show much on the surface; except that I flirt more outrageously (ask the Evil Geniuses!)

Widow
04-11-2003, 12:44 AM
We'll sit on you. :D I talk more eloquently when I'm drunk (I'll placate the police!), but otherwise too much liquor in me doesn't show much on the surface; except that I flirt more outrageously (ask the Evil Geniuses!)

If there's anyone in FL reading this right now, I would appreciate it if you would please come to Jacksonville and sit on me. There is a crick in my back that I cannot pop, and it's making me insane. I have tried to be reasonable about it, but now that I am out of funky ways to twist in my desk chair, I am afraid my paitence has run thin. I will be very disappointed if my demands are not quickly met.

EDIT: --Wait a minute. You're not supposed to flirt at ycon. Ycon is a platonic place for like-minded people of a mature and recognizable age to meet and maturely discuss politics and the stockmarket.

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 12:52 AM
EDIT: --Wait a minute. You're not supposed to flirt at ycon. Ycon is a platonic place for like-minded people of a mature and recognizable age to meet and maturely discuss politics and the stockmarket.
:crylaugh: Bwahahaha!! :crylaugh:

Observation:
Posting mad silliness on cosplay.com is much more fun than my job. :p

Michi
04-11-2003, 12:56 AM
Again why the age thing bugs me. o_o

I flirted a lot at my first YCon, but it was because of the character. o.o; Eheeee. Now I have a reason to, since I'm, uh, older? Yes.

Widow
04-11-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Michi
Again why the age thing bugs me. o_o

I flirted a lot at my first YCon, but it was because of the character. o.o; Eheeee. Now I have a reason to, since I'm, uh, older? Yes.

:o Just because Karisu is making it seem as if being sassy and misbehaved is the right path doesn't mean it's true unless you're me, which you are not. :rolleyes: Michi should be virginal and above the antics of immature creatures like us.

Michi
04-11-2003, 01:10 AM
^^; Err.

(They don't know me very well, do they? </Looney Tunes>)

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 01:15 AM
Don't make me get all motherly on you too! *glare* XD

Michi
04-11-2003, 01:17 AM
Aha ^^; *hides* My parents don't know what I do at cons, really.. Nothing too bad, anyway. o_O;

Widow
04-11-2003, 01:19 AM
So, you go to ycon and just hang out in the lobby, Michi? You don't get bored or anything? ;__; Thinking about it, I actually feel a little bad about that. It's no fun to leave people out.

:p Maybe we can sneak you in under my coat. Are you short?

Michi
04-11-2003, 01:23 AM
Yeah. At YaoiCon 01, I just sat in the lobby with friends until they went off to panels or the masquerade.. then I had to make a friend go out to eat with me til it was over. ^_^;; I think that's why I didn't go in '02.. I didn't know anyone going that made it worth attending. But this year I do.

I'm 5'5". :P

Widow
04-11-2003, 01:24 AM
How are you at playing checkers? :D

TsukiGuujin
04-11-2003, 01:25 AM
*laugh*

This is just too funny.

*not above immatureness, myself, dontcha know.*

:::innocent whistle:::

~~Tsuki, who may have something published art-wise at this year's Y-Con!~~

Michi
04-11-2003, 01:26 AM
Playing.. checkers..? Is that a valid question or code for something? *falls over*

Tsuki!! Published? Really? I wanna see! ^^

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 01:26 AM
Michi: Maybe I'm just an Evil Killjoy (throw only soft tomatoes, please!), but I have a 'niece' older than you, and I always kept an eye on what she was doing at cons under 18, even if her own mom didn't.

Mr. 20-something "I like jailbait" (she was 15) got his ass kicked. And I'm NOT SORRY! :D

EDIT: Widow, are you recruiting for the Ryuu? :D

Widow
04-11-2003, 01:27 AM
Playing.. checkers..? Is that a valid question or code for something? *falls over*

Valid question and code for 'if you say yes, I'll force Shesta to sit in the lobby with you and play checkers to make you happy.' I can do that, you know.

But if you want to do more than play checkers, you have to fork out teh ca$h, and then wait until Karisu is done. ;D

Michi
04-11-2003, 01:30 AM
I intend to explore as much of the con as I can without a badge.. Haha I play um, chess sometimes. :F Checkers isn't bad. XD I said somewhere else (maybe this thread?) that I made it into a panel late at night in '01 because no one was checking/cared/I was in all vinyl and a bodysuit?

I've been going to cons alone since I was 14.. and I always behaved. 0:3 (angel kitty? o.O) It just amuses me that my mom doesn't know what YaoiCon really was, just that I was going out with a friend for a convention in the city, not knowing of the theme. Yeah.

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 01:32 AM
Tanoshimi da ne ~~~~~

* ROFL again *

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 01:34 AM
Michi: No offense to you, but NO WAY are MY kids going to be going to cons at 14 without me (not the least because *I* want to go! :p )

Widow
04-11-2003, 02:12 AM
No one's saying michi can't behave, but there are lots of creeps at cons, too, who'd love a chance to create mischief with younger people. Karisu is just looking out for your best interests--and the best interests of her impending, would-be pedo-victims. >o Go get 'im, Karisu! Fight fight fight!

Michi
04-11-2003, 02:15 AM
I used to only go to cons where my really good friend Van was, and I had a protector right there. *nods* I try to be with someone older, or at least.. someone bigger, because I'm small, and usually in appealing costumes. X_x So yeah, I know. ^_^;; Thank you for the concern. XD;

I still want in to YaoiCon. >.> There's nothing they can show/talk about that I haven't seen/heard before. Oh well. I won't get into one of my seperate badge rants again. ^_^;

Widow
04-11-2003, 02:22 AM
I'm glad you've got an alternate protector in place; when what I just emailed Karisu gets to her, we may never see her again. ;)

Michi
04-11-2003, 02:27 AM
Well I don't think Van is going to YaoiCon this year... But okay. XD Hahaha.

Widow
04-11-2003, 02:31 AM
Was your Van a buddy or a relative or just a kindly red-shirted sucker you picked up at the con?

Michi
04-11-2003, 02:34 AM
Van's been one of my closest friends since early 1998. ^____^ So, yeah. Lotsa trust and protection there, definately.

Widow
04-11-2003, 03:09 AM
I have to admit I'm a little surprised that your parents allow you to run off to a convention without knowing a thing about it. It makes me wonder how many kids at cons are there under proper supervision. I worry a little, because of how many strange and torrid situations can arise in situations like that--especially at cons like AX or Otakon. I think ycon might be a little 'safer' just because generally the community there is just people there to share doujin and make friends and, of course, thanks to the age limit, are more mature.

Michi
04-11-2003, 03:13 AM
Because I've always been mature beyond my age... maybe? My very first con, when I was barely 14, I went with two friends.. and met up with Van, who my dad knew, and he had to take us to make sure and etc. But then a couple of months later was my second con, which I flew down to alone. ^_^; I dunno, my parents are rather trusting. I doubt many others younger than me are able to. *shrugs* My first two out of state cons, my dad flew with me to.. but the last one, he didn't. I really dunno. ^^;;

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 03:21 AM
Karisu will be enthusiastically trying to check her email attachments a bit later. :( Work-work-work-work - and OSX is getting close to crashing, but I don't wanna reboot until I get certain things done for which I have multiple apps running, arg...

(How do I know OSX is getting close to crashing? Uh, Stuffit just crashed on me while trying to, uh, un-archive something... yeah... ;) And Photoshop crashed again, and IE has stopped displaying at least half the images...)

Oh, and I need to go walk 2 elderly corgis. Right NOW, I'm being told... - Ciao!

Widow
04-11-2003, 03:27 AM
:lost: As I was reading that, Photoshop crashed on me as well. It does not approve of the scanning of smut today, apparently.

That, or it protests Michi's wild life-style. ^_^ I have to admit that I envy Michi's freedom--or I would have at her age. As long as she's safe. Is Michi the only one who shows up at ycon without actually being able to enter the con?

Michi
04-11-2003, 04:11 AM
I dunno about last year, but I don't remember anyone else my age at YaoiCon in '01. Van didn't register and stuck with me, but that's just because of the $60 reg rate. *shrug*

Yay for being able to attend YaoiCon 2004. X_x I hate having my birthday right at the end of the year, sometimes.

TsukiGuujin
04-11-2003, 05:35 PM
*laugh*
If I lived in CA, I'd have been right there with Michi the first year (I'll be 19 by this year's Yaoi-Con). But, I didn't go to any cons until last year, so I had no idea about it, anyway. ;_;

SO BROKE.
NEED JOB.

::cries::

~~Tsuki~~

Widow
04-11-2003, 05:52 PM
EDIT: Widow, are you recruiting for the Ryuu? :D

I didn't see this until today.

I have been recruiting for the Ryuugekitai, but actually I was just trying to determine how easily Michi could be stowed away and snuck past security. I may have found some gels to crossplay a few 'slayers, but it's all circumstantial right now. I'd even been willing to make the costumes if I like/know the person in question enough. Evil is more fun in numbers. :devil:

Michi
04-11-2003, 06:02 PM
How many.. is there in the Ryuugekitai? O.o;

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Heh heh, I've been recruiting too... "Gatti" claims she knows the perfect Migel (and he's a real guy! O.o) A friend in SF first wanted to be Chesta, but has since created her own DragonSlayer character. (Yeah, I'll make costumes too, under those same terms.) And Gatti's roommate also wants to join the loyal minion ranks. My husband, however, is quite definitely Van - attitude 'n all - no way will he let me recruit him as an underling! :p

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 06:07 PM
Officially there's about 15-16 in the Ryuugekitai, but in at least two scenes in the Anime once can CLEARLY count 20 or so. I think Dilandau puts as many as he wants on the payroll, and hang what General Adelphos thinks...

Widow
04-11-2003, 06:13 PM
How many.. is there in the Ryuugekitai? O.o;

Well...the books say there are 15, but in the anime we actually see them gathered together and they number 19. I think it would be really great to have a full crew. >:) Imagine the combined power of our evil!

And original 'slayers are a delight. I've seen some -really- cute ones; if Karisu wants to see them, I'll share some of the pictures I've saved.

Cheers! :cheers:

EDIT: Stop out-posting me! ;3

Michi
04-11-2003, 06:16 PM
I haven't watched Escaflowne in so long. O_O I first saw it in 1998, and not many times after that. Hrm. And all of them are just in a blue version of Dilandau's outfit.. rrr.. I should look up Esca fansites..

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 06:21 PM
I figure there's probably an even number, because when they confront Allen & Hitomi at the fort there are two matching lines of 'em. My daughter and I once counted them on single-frame, but I forget exactly what number we came up with (it might even have been 22! *memory is going*)

Yes, of course I'd like to see the piccys, need you even ask? :)

Widow
04-11-2003, 06:33 PM
I figure there's probably an even number, because when they confront Allen & Hitomi at the fort there are two matching lines of 'em. My daughter and I once counted them on single-frame, but I forget exactly what number we came up with (it might even have been 22! *memory is going*)

Yes, of course I'd like to see the piccys, need you even ask? :)

Jeeze, I feel so out-fangirled! Now I have to run home and frame-by-frame my way through that episode and count the little boys. (Is that Gatti and Shesta up front with banner-holding duty?)

The Ryuugekitai wear blue and black uniforms (to match their lovingly-given Dilandau bruises) that are similar to Dilandau's, but with some variations.

My favourite original 'slayer has always been RDS No. 14, which stands for Random Dragonslayer No. 14, since no one can remember his name. If I find the 'fic he's in, I'll be sure to share it. 14's freckles are so cute.

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 06:38 PM
Wai, Wai! Love that expression!! :D Either Van's prevailed again (damn that brat), or you or I musta just smacked him.... heh heh... :D

"I'm just a nice PTA mom, really I am!" *whistles, hides flamethrower behind back*

Widow
04-11-2003, 06:55 PM
My roommate/Shesta made this on request for an Esca fan roleplaying an original 'slayer. We should do one of your daughter in her outfit, come to think of it. The best part of the Ryuugekitai is that they can multiply like bunnies (except when you need 'em most, apparently) at any time. If my two youngest brothers didn't have a mother convinced that all anime = hentai I'd be able to stuff them into Ryuugekitai uniforms as well. And of course, I already slap them around, so it's like they've been rehersing for the part for their entire lives! :D

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Whoa, he's HOT. *nasty grin* - I want him sent over IMMEDIATELY!! (to bolster your mom's case, natch.) *tosses PTA card in dumpster*

One thing I don't do is slap my own Chesta around - I can't bring myself to do that to my child, in character or not. (But Dilandau will fake it, or give her a forewarned shove.)

Heh, I used to slap my younger brother around - until he started rapidly growing bigger than me - he's now 6'6", and all muscle from hauling timber. I na mess wi' heem na more...

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 07:40 PM
Tonight I have a rare grappling seminar at the Dojo. Back in 3 hrs or so... (Just tell the Zaibach FedEx driver to leave the victim I mean parcel by the front door...)

Widow
04-11-2003, 08:52 PM
If only the Ryuugekitai could multiply by mitosis.... We could tear their little arms off, put them away in a nice, safe place, and then come back to a whole new little boy in a week! :D

Michi is pretty enough to crossplay Dallet, you know... :heart: Think about it, Michi, thiiiink about it. Let the poison seep into your mind and corrupt you....

Karisu-sama
04-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Cute, but I'll still take the auburn bishie! Muahahahaaa!!

*oops, gotta go feed the kidlets now - another dinner out, nobody wants to cook...*

Psychotic Jei
04-12-2003, 04:50 AM
I feel like singing "It's a small world afterall" suddenly. :: shall get his hair all butchered off tommorow too :: I have a mini-fro. >_>

Widow
04-12-2003, 05:01 AM
I feel like singing "It's a small world afterall" suddenly. :: shall get his hair all butchered off tommorow too :: I have a mini-fro. >_>

Consider yourself banned from your hideous Allen Schezar SN for the rest of your life. You promised me spiderleg braids and I will no longer tolerate your attempts to put lacy pink ballgowns on me.

^_^ Are you thinking about staying with my group of Evil in the hotel this year, noble sir?

Psychotic Jei
04-12-2003, 05:03 AM
Will I be corrupted to evilness?

Karisu-sama
04-12-2003, 09:51 AM
If not there, I may have a room party where any latent non-evilness will be sure to be driven outa ya! We'll getcha one way or another, Jei! *wicked grin*

Hmmm. I am not supposed to be awake now. *staggers off back to bed.*

Psychotic Jei
04-12-2003, 03:09 PM
So either way I doomed. Oh well ^_^ I suppose joining the darkside won't be so bad. Are there any health benefits?

Widow
04-12-2003, 04:55 PM
If not there, I may have a room party where any latent non-evilness will be sure to be driven outa ya! We'll getcha one way or another, Jei! *wicked grin*

Hmmm. I am not supposed to be awake now. *staggers off back to bed.*

I can't believe you got up and actually sat down at the PC to play on the forums. Karisu-Dilandau is a light sleeper, too. ;3

u_u I don't know what Jei's complaining about. If he's survived us all for as long as he has, then he'll make it (probably) through one more itty bitty con.

Psychotic Jei
04-12-2003, 06:10 PM
I can't believe you got up and actually sat down at the PC to play on the forums. Karisu-Dilandau is a light sleeper, too. ;3

u_u I don't know what Jei's complaining about. If he's survived us all for as long as he has, then he'll make it (probably) through one more itty bitty con.

One itty bitty con. Surviving online is different!

Widow
04-12-2003, 11:42 PM
One itty bitty con. Surviving online is different!

You talk like you haven't survived Karisu-Dilandau before. :( Come ooooon. How bad could it be?

Psychotic Jei
04-12-2003, 11:49 PM
I plead the fifth on that.

Karisu-sama
04-13-2003, 02:09 AM
I did let him live. :D

Widow
04-13-2003, 02:11 AM
What else could anyone ask for in a Dilandau cosplayer? :heart:

Psychotic Jei
04-13-2003, 02:53 AM
Pyrotechnics?

Michi
04-13-2003, 03:36 AM
o.o *was out tonight ~ catches up on thread* Mmmm.. I'd love to join the Dragonslayers, aside from not having the talent to make such an outfit myself. :P

Karisu-sama
04-13-2003, 04:33 AM
...Oh, do we have a recruit? ;) It might be possible that something might be able to be arranged...

Jei, I do have a source for pyrotechnics; however they seem to be disallowed at cons for some absurdly silly reason...

Widow
04-13-2003, 04:56 AM
Sign your name in blood on the great big dotted line, Michi. If you're interested in becoming part of the happiest family on Gaea, I'd love to help you with your costume if you need it. Karisu is full of good advice and help, too.

(And if Jei really desires to be part of a flambé, we can always sneak him away from the con to some quiet, secluded location where frantic screams of agony can't be heard by accidental passer-by.) :D

Psychotic Jei
04-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Jei does not wish to be part of any flambe.

Karisu-sama
04-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Killjoy. :D Let's see if he's carrying a Fanelian passport.

Of course you could always save your sorry butt by joining the Ryuugekitai... :D

Psychotic Jei
04-13-2003, 10:13 PM
I was considering cosplaying Folken if I have the time and money. Buuuut. I must resist the darkside.

Michi
04-13-2003, 10:30 PM
Sign your name in blood on the great big dotted line, Michi. If you're interested in becoming part of the happiest family on Gaea, I'd love to help you with your costume if you need it. Karisu is full of good advice and help, too.

*grabs red paint, sticks finger in, writes name on great big dotted line* >_>;

Karisu-sama
04-13-2003, 11:37 PM
I was considering cosplaying Folken if I have the time and money. Buuuut. I must resist the darkside.
"Noooo, the Dark Side is your frieeeeeend... Come to ussssss....."

Actually, you WOULD make a good Folken. We need a Folken to disrespect, heh heh... We may be able to make it work at some point, although I am not in a position to make guaranteed promises at the moment. ("...it's gooooood to have friends on the Dark Side..." costuming assistance in exchange for cosplay slavery *snicker*)

BLOOD, Michi. Heh. *smirk*

*thwaps self to get out of character and go get her kids to bed*

Psychotic Jei
04-14-2003, 12:38 AM
I'd probably have time ti finish it. Since I'm not planning anything new after AX. :: ponder :: Though its just one more wig for me to cough up the money for. Heh.

Michi
04-14-2003, 12:46 AM
It's blood. *eyes dart* Really. ^_^;

Widow
04-14-2003, 12:59 AM
We require blood for all binding contracts. 'Til death do we part!

Michi
04-14-2003, 01:17 AM
*hides* x.x

Psychotic Jei
04-14-2003, 01:40 AM
They take that literally. *point at linedup corpses*

Widow
04-15-2003, 02:26 AM
:o Nooo one listen to Jei. He's just trying to scare you with facts. As everyone knows, facts don't prove anything, unless you live in the real world, and I certainly hope no one from the real world will be attending Ycon. ^__^ Who wants to go to a con for THAT?

^___^ I wouldn't kill anyone who was a good minion, and as long as Michi completes all of the minion forms in triplicate (and in blood) she'll be perfectly safe.

From death itself, I mean.

:D

Does this mean you don't want to room with us this year, Jei-to?

Psychotic Jei
04-15-2003, 03:11 AM
I never said that...buuut, if I tote a bunch of people from down here up...I wont need to. :: sits and stares at Folken clothes :: I am so glad my sewing skillz have improved...... Neh....have to start after I get all my AX stuff done....@_@ So much crap to do. No job either. I dont want to get desperate and work some crappy fastfood job. x_________________x

Saving someone from death....there's unsaid catch there....I think it goes something like "You'd be amazed what you can live through"

Karisu-sama
04-15-2003, 03:45 PM
Saving someone from death....there's unsaid catch there....I think it goes something like "You'd be amazed what you can live through"
Methinks, despite your claims on some other thread, you DO know more about the Ryuugekitai than you've let on, Jei....

So he opts for Folken, heh... (~_____^ Ah well, at least the Ryuugekitai will respect you.

Widow
04-15-2003, 04:48 PM
Methinks, despite your claims on some other thread, you DO know more about the Ryuugekitai than you've let on, Jei....

So he opts for Folken, heh... (~_____^ Ah well, at least the Ryuugekitai will respect you.

While he's looking, anyway. :rolleyes:

^__^ He's seen my online horde of 'slayers hornet-swarm the unlucky before. Don't let him fool you into thinking he doesn't know what's going on.

Michi
04-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Giving up blood to avoid death sounds fishy. >_>

Widow
04-15-2003, 06:11 PM
What's yaoi without a little bit of blood? :D

Karisu-sama
04-15-2003, 06:29 PM
^__^ He's seen my online horde of 'slayers hornet-swarm the unlucky before. Don't let him fool you into thinking he doesn't know what's going on.
Karisu-Dilandau has too many job responsibilities as well as underaged DragonSlayers to have time for an on-line horde like Widow-Dilandau ;_;

*must get crispy revenge on Folken for overloading my assignment list*

Widow
04-15-2003, 06:45 PM
Karisu-Dilandau has too many job responsibilities as well as underaged DragonSlayers to have time for an on-line horde like Widow-Dilandau ;_;

I have every intention of sharing them with you if you'd like them. Most of them are quite edible! :d

Psychotic Jei
04-16-2003, 02:02 AM
>_> I know nothing! <_<