PDA

View Full Version : Narutards missing?!

raevyn
07-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Hey all. I've noticed a surprising lack of Narutards on this board. . . XD Does anyone know if a gathering is going to take place? If I knew the convention center any better, I would volunteer to get people together. . . but I don't :lost:

I'm going as the Fourth Hokage and Gowa-chan is going as Anko, and I don't know about anyone else. We will be so alone! ~dramatic cry~ :waaaah:

SnowDragonX
07-07-2005, 12:25 AM
i was asking myself the same question...i'm a big fan of naruto. i was trying to find a naruto gathering but couldn't.

ArimaSoichiro
07-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Just make one yourself, plain and simple. Make the gathering and people will come. Though I do have one question. If we do have a NARUTO gathering... who would be NARUTO? I mean everyone's cosplay I've read or seen so far for COMIC-CON is anything BUT NARUTO. So there is a dilemna in itself. And one more thing, so far we got about 4 people being in this gathering as of yet. I have a few other friends who CAN make it but they can only cosplay on certain days... so if you want to make a gathering, I'm willing to lend my help but PM ASAP otherwise, I'll just lay here in my backyard watching the clouds float by until COMIC-CON.

Dark Vision
07-08-2005, 05:40 PM
This is the San Diego Comic Con. The amount of genres there are too numerous. I suggest a group rather than gathering, since gatherings means meeting up in usually the less populated areas of the con. I suggest gathering at the sails pavilion or outside near the bay. Dealer's hall is pain to do anything costume related.

ArimaSoichiro
07-08-2005, 07:19 PM
This is the San Diego Comic Con. The amount of genres there are too numerous. I suggest a group rather than gathering, since gatherings means meeting up in usually the less populated areas of the con. I suggest gathering at the sails pavilion or outside near the bay. Dealer's hall is pain to do anything costume related.

His 'group gathering idea' is effective if you actually think it through enough. Thanks for the idea Dark Vision. Well anyway, someone have any other ideas? Any suggestible ideas would be appreciated. And if all else fails...which I hope doesn't I'll actually try and take leadership or something for the group gathering.
But someone else take charge first, I'm only doing this if NO ONE else would.

raevyn
07-10-2005, 02:12 AM
People don't cosplay as Naruto the character because he feels a bit overdone, that's why people do side characters, tryin' to be unique I guess.

Doing a group thing sounds good though. This is my third 'con, and I'm still new to this 'meeting new people' thing XD

ArimaSoichiro
07-10-2005, 03:29 AM
People don't cosplay as Naruto the character because he feels a bit overdone, that's why people do side characters, tryin' to be unique I guess.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but here are the total of Naruto cosplayers for each character at last years comic-con:

Naruto: 2
Sasuke: 3
Sakura: 4-5
Hinata: 2
Tenten: 2
Kiba: 2
Haku: 1
Garra: 1
Kakashi-sensei: 1-2
Itachi: 2-3
Kisame: 1
random shinobi: 200+
Narutards who run up to cosplaying NarutoFans performing hand seals or saying chidori or some other random jutsu: too many to count. -_-;;
The look of shock for maybe the only MALE Sasuke to be attacked by Sakuras (I emphasize the plural on Sakura): Priceless...

Overdone? more like nonexsistent and that goes for most other Naruto cosplays. I really meant in my last post, to see a decent Naruto, maybe 3 or 4 of them. It was sad to see such lacking cosplayers for one of our fav. series. Most of the costumes were pretty good in my opinion, but there were so few and were very hard to find in the Convention center. Everyone is unique in their cosplay and did a good job doing that, but I justwanted to see more, I really counldn't help it. And with me being deprived of going to AX because of distance and travel problems... Bleh. Comic-con is the closest to meeting naruto cosplayers for me. I apologize for my rant but, I was dissappointed last year, but this year should be better. But I can only hope.
As for the gathering, well anyone have an idea for a nice meeting place?

Rogue Marvel
07-10-2005, 01:36 PM
well I have some friends coming down who cosplay as sakura and hinata, but I'm pretty sure they will not be there the whole time.

I will be down the whole weekend and my other partner in sexy no jutsu will be down thursday and friday, but I don't know if she wants to do sexy no jutsu during comic con and its best to do it together.

plus that dealers hall gets really cold!

sahmah
07-10-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm going as Sakura and my brother will be Gaara. He wanted to be Naruto, but sadly we had difficulty finding the right shade of orange fabric. We got a Naruto wig off ebay, which was almost perfect. It was already sticking up, which would help to avoid the little skinny spikes most Naruto cosplayers have. I'm still debating about how to ship the gourd for Gaara across the country...

sahmah
07-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Actually, we will have a Naruto. I just got back from the fabric store with the perfect shade. So now I'm off to make a Naruto costume in 2 days. Wish me luck!

raevyn
07-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but here are the total of Naruto cosplayers for each character at last years comic-con:

Naruto: 2
Sasuke: 3
Sakura: 4-5
Hinata: 2
Tenten: 2
Kiba: 2
Haku: 1
Garra: 1
Kakashi-sensei: 1-2
Itachi: 2-3
Kisame: 1
random shinobi: 200+
Narutards who run up to cosplaying NarutoFans performing hand seals or saying chidori or some other random jutsu: too many to count. -_-;;
The look of shock for maybe the only MALE Sasuke to be attacked by Sakuras (I emphasize the plural on Sakura): Priceless...

Overdone? more like nonexsistent and that goes for most other Naruto cosplays. I really meant in my last post, to see a decent Naruto, maybe 3 or 4 of them. It was sad to see such lacking cosplayers for one of our fav. series. Most of the costumes were pretty good in my opinion, but there were so few and were very hard to find in the Convention center. Everyone is unique in their cosplay and did a good job doing that, but I justwanted to see more, I really counldn't help it. And with me being deprived of going to AX because of distance and travel problems... Bleh. Comic-con is the closest to meeting naruto cosplayers for me. I apologize for my rant but, I was dissappointed last year, but this year should be better. But I can only hope.
As for the gathering, well anyone have an idea for a nice meeting place?

:waaaah: My apologies in inciting such a rant, I try not to ruffle any feathers.

1wingedangel
07-11-2005, 02:10 AM
sounds like fun ill try to stop by and say hello to every one. Im only doing two costumes this year Nazi Kroenen and Boba Fett. Hey Dany maybe ill see ya this time.

MissingNinHaku
07-11-2005, 01:52 PM
I hope this meeting gets set up because I'll try to come. I'll be either Haku or more likely Kiba. I'll also be dragging my friend along as Sakura or Tenten and my other friend will be Tsunade and Kin. I think we're trying to wear our naruto costumes sometime during the first couple days of the con but i'll try to come nonetheless. I hope to see some of you around.

Dearx
07-11-2005, 05:50 PM
a group of mine who went to AX will be back for Comic Con and we'll be going on Saturday and I'm going alone on friday

sahmah
07-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Is the gathering still on? We're starting to run out of time for planning, so any suggestions of when/where to meet? Also, if you see any Naruto cosplayers once you get there, tell them!

ArimaSoichiro
07-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Is the gathering still on? We're starting to run out of time for planning, so any suggestions of when/where to meet? Also, if you see any Naruto cosplayers once you get there, tell them!

Is Thursday a good day for most everyone? Or Saturday? But Sat. would be the most hectic with some people doing Masquerade and all plus I may not attend that long on that day. Thursday, I know quite a few Naruto cosplayers will be there, as well as Saturday. Friday is more of a exploring the Comic-con with my cousin kind of day while being a Fruits Basket char. And Sunday is the day most things will be coming to an end and there will be many missed chances to see everyone's costumes. So for my suggestion, Thursday... You know first day, everyone's excited and no one has seen anything as of yet, so we can all explore together, (if we meet up earlier), in a round-about-way. And of time... maybe 12:00 or 1:00? Its lunch time and all... we can eat ramen or something...? As for location it is best to meet up behind the Convention center, more seculded and can fit vast quantities of people without the random people staring at the weird people with pieces of cloth and metal stuck to their heads. Maybe near the stairs, that's a popular spot and I don't recall people setting up time slots for that area Thursday. Then after a few pics and greetings we head back inside and team up for some fun stuff we could do inside? What do you think people? Does this work out for most of you people??? I don't like being one of the main voices in this thread... -_-;;

P.S. maybe Friday would work out as well? I can just switch out to my Neji Outfit if time is of the essence.

sahmah
07-13-2005, 12:44 AM
Is Thursday a good day for most everyone? Or Saturday? But Sat. would be the most hectic with some people doing Masquerade and all plus I may not attend that long on that day. Thursday, I know quite a few Naruto cosplayers will be there, as well as Saturday. Friday is more of a exploring the Comic-con with my cousin kind of day while being a Fruits Basket char. And Sunday is the day most things will be coming to an end and there will be many missed chances to see everyone's costumes. So for my suggestion, Thursday... You know first day, everyone's excited and no one has seen anything as of yet, so we can all explore together, (if we meet up earlier), in a round-about-way. And of time... maybe 12:00 or 1:00? Its lunch time and all... we can eat ramen or something...? As for location it is best to meet up behind the Convention center, more seculded and can fit vast quantities of people without the random people staring at the weird people with pieces of cloth and metal stuck to their heads. Maybe near the stairs, that's a popular spot and I don't recall people setting up time slots for that area Thursday. Then after a few pics and greetings we head back inside and team up for some fun stuff we could do inside? What do you think people? Does this work out for most of you people??? I don't like being one of the main voices in this thread... -_-;;

P.S. maybe Friday would work out as well? I can just switch out to my Neji Outfit if time is of the essence.

Friday is supposed to be a pretty big Star Wars day, and the Naruto we have wants to wear his Jedi costume that day. Any day is fine for me. I don't know the convention hall because this is my first time, but how about right outside the entrance at 12:00 on Thursday? It seems reasonable to me. Wow...this is last minute :D

PikminLink
07-13-2005, 01:18 AM
im wearing kakashi with my two friends who'll be naruto and sasuke on thursday

ArimaSoichiro
07-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Friday is supposed to be a pretty big Star Wars day, and the Naruto we have wants to wear his Jedi costume that day. Any day is fine for me. I don't know the convention hall because this is my first time, but how about right outside the entrance at 12:00 on Thursday? It seems reasonable to me. Wow...this is last minute :D

That's okay, considering when and where to assemble. Then after we meet up we can head off inside of wander aimlessly, getting lost on the road known as life. But its too crowded in front of the Convention center. Do you want to meet somewhere more specific, like the area near the elevator for the handicapped? Avoid loitering around the area too long though. Sit around the stairs and when 12:00 comes along, Look for a Neji and maybe a Tenten with him, gather around him to say hello and introduce yourself. Does that sound alright?

Gowa-chan
07-13-2005, 02:19 PM
That's okay, considering when and where to assemble. Then after we meet up we can head off inside of wander aimlessly, getting lost on the road known as life. But its too crowded in front of the Convention center. Do you want to meet somewhere more specific, like the area near the elevator for the handicapped? Avoid loitering around the area too long though. Sit around the stairs and when 12:00 comes along, Look for a Neji and maybe a Tenten with him, gather around him to say hello and introduce yourself. Does that sound alright?
~makes a mental note to find elevator for handicapped tonight at preview thingie~

sahmah
07-13-2005, 11:55 PM
Sounds great. I looked so weird at preview night a little while ago because I was one of like three people cosplaying. If you saw a Sakura, that was me!

Gowa-chan
07-14-2005, 12:52 AM

the handicapped elevators that Rae and I found were on the Mezzanine (sp?) level, near the amphitheater. that's where we'll most likely meet up, and if you see any Naruto cosplayers tommorrow, please tell them about the gathering!

Midnight
07-15-2005, 03:08 AM
I might be coming on Sunday just for the day to walk around in costume and see people i know. ^^;

ycysusan2001
07-16-2005, 02:53 AM
I am waring my Ambu cos on Sunday ^^;
dont know why..... but I did not feel like to ware it today or tomorrow ^^;;;;;
ya.....

Asuma'sFire
07-16-2005, 03:14 AM
I'm goin this sunday...or saturday afternoon...I'm gonna wear my new and improved Asuma costume....I hope to see some more Naruto cosplayers there