PDA

View Full Version : Chinese-style fasteners

Cocoa
01-20-2003, 03:39 PM
So, I have a Clow Read outfit that I put together for Shoujocon last year, that I'd really like to wear again for Anime Boston in April. However, before doing so, there were a couple little details I'd like to fix up. One of the robes (reference pic here (http://www.china-berry.net/sun/p/clow18.jpg)...the purple robe with the orage-gold edge, and white fasteners) has sort of Chinese-style fasteners, which I haven't been able to find in either of the fabric stores near by (I live in central MA), or find instructions for making. Help, anyone? It would be greatly appreciated.
-Cocoa

Oshidori
01-20-2003, 04:18 PM
ranma has the same type, they're very simple.

It's basically a frog that has a knot at either end, just take cord and tie one end twice, measure it out as long as you need it and then start another 2 knots at the other end. leave long 'tails' of the cord so you can tuck it under itself when you sew the frog on. Urm...i just woke up so i hope that made sense...

NeshaChan
01-23-2003, 11:30 AM
You can buy them pre assembled at most fabric stores, but if not... They're called "Frog closures" if you need to ask for them or search to buy them online.

Cocoa
01-23-2003, 02:55 PM
Thank you, Oshidori. I'll try that. Nesha, the problem is that the only type of frogs that stores in my area have are the really fancy ones that look vaguely like the belong in Victorian England, not the Chinese-style ones. But thanks anyway ^^
-Cocoa

Koumori
01-23-2003, 03:07 PM
You can make your own from cording or even narrow bias tape, too.