PDA

View Full Version : I wanna get a room but it's pricy..could sare but..

nyamiko_chan
01-20-2003, 04:17 PM
I don't know anyone and my friend aren't into cons...*feels alone* I'm cautious as to meeting people from online..cuz of all the things you here about it...

The only thing i can think of is to go back and forth but i'll miss everything :bigcry:

I'm hoping i can meet people from Toronto in person though that might be going..and make friends cuz i wanna meet more peeps that are into anime anyways.!!!

*is very careful too* yay for Anime Clubs!!

Yuna-X2
01-20-2003, 09:19 PM
I know what ya mean. I have friends who like anime, but don't have the time/motivation to go to AN2003. So, I dunno what I'm gunna do. Like my mom would let me stay in Toronto alone. :P Yeah, right.

Takuma-san
01-20-2003, 10:37 PM
Fortunately for me, I belong to one of the largest anime clubs in Canada, so I'm not short of friends to room with.

If you really want to get extreme, people have been known to sleep in the 24 hour anime room. It's free, but definately not convinent or comfortable. ^_^'''''

If you want to make anime friends, strangely enough, one of the best way is probably to hang out at Kikiwai. As with all things though, becareful of who you meet.

[RAVE]Haru
01-20-2003, 11:08 PM
well... if u cant find a room, ppl hav been known to just hang out on the benches in front of the elevators too... a bunch of ppl were sleeping there last AN, uncomfortable but sure beats paying :P:P

Scoti
01-21-2003, 06:31 AM
you can't sleep on the benches for too long or sacurity comes around and asks you if you have a room. It happend to us but we had a room we just kinds dozed off while playing cards

nyamiko_chan
01-22-2003, 08:18 PM
Good one Scoti!! ^.^ I got ome advice! Now i need to convince mah mom!!!

lol *gives cookies to all the helpful peoples*

Kia
01-26-2003, 08:42 AM
If you do find someone to share with, depending on the type of room you get and how many poeple are sharing it wouldn't be *as* expensive as having a room to your self. Don't get me wrong, it'll still cost quite a bit, but not nearly as much as having a room to yourself or as inconvenient as having to get to the Con every day... I have experience with that last one..not fun paying for parking every day...

Scoti
01-29-2003, 02:53 PM
you...could...sleep in your car? XD

Yuna-X2
01-29-2003, 04:02 PM
Yeah! Get a van and go like they did in the 60's, aka take out the seats and sleep like it's camping!

nyamiko_chan
01-29-2003, 11:05 PM
*wishes she now had a 'lovebug' van ^.^ i'm a 60's 70's freak*

Kia
01-30-2003, 01:45 AM
That was my idea for CNAnime last year. I told my friend to bring his dad's van and that we were going to crash in it so that we could stay for anime all night..and then they all sold me out and made me sleep on his couch instead with two people who snore so loudly that I couldn't get any sleep....and...yeah... I had issues with that con... I am SOOOOOO getting a hotel room this year...with no people who snore!

Chosuke
01-30-2003, 07:59 AM
I have a cosplay group of at least six and I have NO idea what we're going to be doing for room plans.

I mean..I'm the only girl and I don't mind sharing with guys,but the problem is.. how many can we stick in a room? We don't have enough money to afford TWO.

And do they come up to check if you have too many?

Takuma-san
01-30-2003, 09:00 PM
They don't have X-ray visions, and they don't do manitory room sweeps. What they do do is watch to see if you have a lot of people all going into one room with bags.

We've done 6-7 to a room. It's gets really cramped any more than that, you have to remember to take ppl's stuff into account.

Momoko
01-30-2003, 11:55 PM
You know what would be interesting? Being a hobo for a weekend. Ya know, sleeping outside, all of that stuff. Sure it'd be a little um...odd but it sounds funny!

nyamiko_chan
01-31-2003, 08:41 AM
lol...i thiink if i get a job..i could afford it and all..but i'm still not sure...

coscrew
01-31-2003, 09:28 AM
LMAO.. this reminds me of CN two years ago, we had three people sleeping in a van in undreground parking XD
not on a matress of anything, jsut on the seats... it got so hot, and so stuffy... and i think(can't really remember) i slept in costume.

Kia
01-31-2003, 04:19 PM
My best friend has a big tent... how funny would it be if we all crashed in the tent out side of the hotel. I can just see it now, a big tent under this little sapling on the only piece of grass on the whole block. I'll bring the s'mores!

nyamiko_chan
02-06-2003, 08:48 AM
YAY for smores!!!! ya...and cosy lil sweeping bags!!

Kia
02-06-2003, 08:56 AM
do you think we'd get shut down if I started a campfire? ^_^

Yuna-X2
02-06-2003, 09:10 PM
Not if it's in a big garbage can! We can just look like your friendly Toronto hobos, raking in the happy vibes of AN? lol

Kia
02-07-2003, 09:09 AM
LOL Hobo cosplayers! Now I know who to carry around my stuff at AN! I'll put it all in a scrap piece of fabric, tie it to a stick and wander around with it on my shoulder! Cosplay hobos rule! ^_^

Arieth
02-11-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Kia
My best friend has a big tent...

but that tent is ooooooold!

Zevchan
03-08-2003, 01:01 PM
Wait... you guys think the rooms for Anime North are expensive? Are you INSANE? Check around to other conventions and compare:

Deluxe room (which is HUGE 2 beds, 2 comfy couches, huge bathroom - plenty of space, believe me) at Anime North: 129.00 per night CANADIAN.
Normal Room at Any Other conevntion (which is 2 beds PERIOD and you might be charged extra for more than 2 people in the room): 129.00 and up in US dollars.

My point is, I stayed at Anime North last year, with 4 other people in a normal room, and slept on one of the couches. Not only was it quite comfortable (and I'm a light sleeper), but the end total price was something like 80 dollars apiece in Canadian funds. And we stayed from Thursday night through Monday morning.

And for those of you who haven't been to Anime North before in their current location: the hotel they have is GORGEOUS. I really can't say enough about it.

um... yeah... I talk too much ^_^;;;

-Michi
(no, the OTHER Michi)
http://www.cosplaynosenshi.com