PDA

View Full Version : Video games of the Multiplayer variety!

Nietsche
01-20-2003, 05:41 PM
Okay...now you have some friends round...five or six..and they are looking to play something fun together on your console!!!

Any suggestions???

ie...what multi-player game would ya entertain your casual gaming guests with?

Now we already have bomberman on the Saturn.....what would you add?

Cassandra
01-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Beach Spikers :D Bestest 4-player game in the world!

Nietsche
01-20-2003, 05:52 PM
woo..dude! I hadn't even thought of Volleyball games...yeah! ^_^

I just remembered a time at a convention when we managed to set up the 10 player bomberman on a huge screen....ended up with a tangle of multitaps and control pads....

Celine
01-20-2003, 07:54 PM
HALO... bwahahaha

You can't go wrong with Halo, and you can have a whole bunch of people (more than 10! We had 16) playing together with a magical LAN. ^_^

Oy, and SSBM. Most people like it, and it's cute and happy. Probably has a wider appeal than Halo, for a casual gamer.

shadow
01-20-2003, 08:09 PM
Celine is absolutely right halo is a amazing game to play with multiple people... I have usually found that people either love that game or despise it for some really weird reason..
Hehe old school smash bros on the n64...

XLainoftheWired
01-20-2003, 08:12 PM
:2nds smash bros, cept rather, go new, i like the controls better, and you dont get Roy in the ol school version:

Lafiel
01-20-2003, 08:24 PM
Mario Party 4 & Monkey Ball 2 can be a lot of fun too :)
Wooooooo Monkey Target.
I love smash brothers for GC.
*I wuv you Young Link!*

If you have a group of 4 friends Then gamecube is good, anything more it Xbox is good :)

Can't go wrong with a traditional game of Go or Mah Jong :D

Michi
01-21-2003, 01:43 AM
HALO is apparently really good multiplayer.. my friends got together with like 12 people and did a big huge game. I wasn't there, I don't play it. :P
Every Saturday night my friends get together at Jeremy's to play games and stuff. We've played Super Smash Bros Melee together several times (LOVE that game.. it's fun enough on your own ^^), and recently my boyfriend and our friend Dan played Zelda Four Swords on our GBAs. :D Next time we're gonna get a fourth friend to hook up, 'cause it was really fun.
My brother just got Mario Party 4.. I played it with him, but I think it would be a lot more fun with a group. ^_^

..Yeah. ^^;

Nietsche
01-21-2003, 05:44 AM
Excellent suggestions peeps!

Speaking of link up GBA games-anyone played Shinig Soul?

and how about Chu Chu Rocket? fun? not fun? I find the game hilarious when people are goin for the same squares ^^

kitty_neko
01-21-2003, 06:18 AM
if you just wanna beat each other up, the tekken games are all good ^_^;

i have tekken tag, but no one in my family will play it with me any more because i always beat them... ._.;;

psythe
01-21-2003, 06:44 AM
Most fighting games are great, Tekken, MK, VF, GGX, etc.

and FIFA!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOALLLL!!!

Nietsche
01-21-2003, 07:09 AM
hmm...I was kinda trying to move away from 2 player beatemups..I mean most have tournament setups but no more than two people can ever play at once...
I was kinda thinking things like Bishi bashi or multiplayer sports sims...

psythe
01-21-2003, 07:30 AM
FIFA + 2 Multitaps + 8 controllers + U and 7 friends = Riot :bigtu:

Recca-kun
01-21-2003, 08:52 AM
Power Stone is a 4-player beatemup full of randomness... Groove Adventure Rave for Gamecube is too but there isn't an English version.

I'd say Crash 'N the Boys:Street Challenge for NES, but you have to have a handful of Technos Soft fans to appreciate that. :D

BannSidhe
01-21-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Nietsche
Okay...now you have some friends round...five or six..and they are looking to play something fun together on your console!!!

Any suggestions???

ie...what multi-player game would ya entertain your casual gaming guests with?

Now we already have bomberman on the Saturn.....what would you add?

As my wife said...beach spikers.

Super Smash Bros Melee

Mario Party 4

Fusion Frenzy

Smugglers Run (GC)

Virtua Tennis

Soul Calibur

Dead or Alive Volleyball

Halo

Twisted Metal Black

Power Stone

Some of the Monkey Ball series mini games

Guilty Gear

NHL series of games

and my all time favorites:

RHYTHM AND DANCE GAMES. (DDR, GitarooMan, Samba De Amigo...etc.)

Oshi
01-21-2003, 11:20 AM
I also nominate Smash Bros Melee.. and I second ChuChu Rocket!!
If you've got N64... Mario Kart 64!

And who can go wrong with a healthy dose of DDR =B