PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com T-shirts

Admin
01-20-2003, 06:45 PM
If we brought some cosplay.com t-shirts and sold them for about $12 each, how many people would want them? We're going to have shirts soon enough but I want to know if it's worth rushing them in order to have them by Katsucon.

Sami
01-20-2003, 07:04 PM
It depends on what they'd look like; I'm picky about my t-shirts because I don't wear too many of them.. ^__^ But if it was of the cosplay.com variety, I would make an exception!

psythe
01-20-2003, 07:07 PM
Totally, Make sure ya got small and medium, I hate supa-baggy t-shirts, and I'd totally wear one ^_^v

Nietsche
01-20-2003, 07:22 PM
yeah! Totally, but don't rush it if it requires time ^_^

MargauxZ
01-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Make baby tees!

Would it have to be $12 for you to make money though? I know that it's alot easier to sell stuff when it's an easy denomination of cash. People are more easy to just throw a $10 at you then count...and you dealing with change, and a shortage of singles... I learned this the hard way, and have had success several times with the $10 denimination. We had an awesome wholesale price though.

Spooky Brew
01-20-2003, 07:46 PM
If you end up selling some of these at AX or Comic-Con, I will buy one, most definitly!!

Kamui Motoaki
01-20-2003, 08:28 PM
How bout Cosplay.com Patches?
if not. . What color would the T Shirts be?

Admin
01-20-2003, 08:47 PM
We're working on a convention badge this weekend.

Not sure on the t-shirt style as of yet, but probably white at first. We'd have a couple of shirts to choose from. We're building our own silkscreen studio so we can pretty much do anything, it's just a matter of when we get it set up and how long is left before the convention.

It's a good bet that after the end of February we'll have tons of stuff like this you can get from the website as well as at upcoming conventions. :)

Bell-chan
01-20-2003, 08:51 PM
I'd get one ^_^ Sounds neat. But you don't have to rush it.

psythe
01-20-2003, 08:59 PM
I wanna patch for mah bag!! XD!!

XLainoftheWired
01-20-2003, 09:02 PM
patches would rock, and I'd love to have a shirt by JACON, as a beacon to any other cosplay.comers there and then we can say hi, mumble some, not recognize each other at all, and walk away... j/k, itd be great

Celine
01-20-2003, 09:04 PM
I'd be interested, but I don't want to make promises on buying a T-shirt by Katsucon. ^^ Anything to help you promote the site! Patches, T-shirts, whatever... ^_^

Tenshi
01-20-2003, 10:37 PM
I second the baby tee notion. All of my t-shirts end up going in the sleep drawer. A patch would be way cool -- I would definately put it on my schoolbag ^_^.

Oshidori
01-21-2003, 01:53 AM
I third the baby tees! I'm tired of having to 'redo' my anime shirts, cuz i'm not really a t-shirt kinda gal. But baby tee's are cool.

Black and heather gray would be good colors also for shirts, after white :)

kelldar
01-21-2003, 07:53 AM
I fourth the baby tees :D I'll buy one regardless but I definitely like to have something more fitted.

Neko Cathy
01-21-2003, 11:15 AM
I fifth for baby tees too! I will buy a Cosplay.com baby Tee and a patch because, what the Hell?

Momoko
01-21-2003, 11:32 AM
If they were kawaii and not too...flashy I would purchace one ^.^; especially if it has a cute lil charrie on the back

Too bad I won't be at the con, though ;.; It'd be neat if you sold them online!

Admin
01-21-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Momoko
Too bad I won't be at the con, though ;.; It'd be neat if you sold them online!

We'll be placing cosplay.com stuff for sale online very soon. :) We just want to set it up so that we don't have to go through places like cafepress for t-shirts when we can do it ourselves for 1/2 the cost and sell it for cheaper.

But we'll have *something* going up in a few days, and the full load of gear up by mid-March at the latest.

Celine
01-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Admin
We just want to set it up so that we don't have to go through places like cafepress for t-shirts when we can do it ourselves for 1/2 the cost and sell it for cheaper.

Oooh, thank you sooo much! Cafepress irritates me. ^_^ Have you got a set design yet that you would put on the shirts/badges?

Ranma Saotome
01-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Will there be a catch phrase too? :)

SeymourMother
01-21-2003, 05:59 PM
Ohhh I want a patch and a T-Shirt!!!!

Yui
01-21-2003, 06:25 PM
Yes, many of us are tiny girls, so even adult smalls are often too big. I often buy little boys t-shirts normally, cuz they fit me right and are so ridiculously cheap compared to girls' or women's clothes. Anyway, I think I'd like one for normal wear, but I know I'd never wear it actually -at- a con. Definently black or dark grey only for me. I'd never consider anything light-colored or too colorful cuz it'd clash with either my hair or wacky pants. ^_^*

But I dig the patches deal much more. Or keychains. Or...(as I'm hit in the head by the j-rock forum postees...) armbands!

kelldar
01-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Yui
YI often buy little boys t-shirts normally, cuz they fit me right and are so ridiculously cheap compared to girls' or women's clothes.

Plus you can get cool stuff like Spiderman or Star Wars that actually kinda FITS :D

SeymourMother
01-21-2003, 07:02 PM
Damn Straight, my waist is a 21 and nothing fits me!!!

Admin
01-22-2003, 01:45 PM
Here's the scoop:

We'll have a few designs ready to show in about a week, after which if you want a specific design just let us know and we'll be sure to print enough of them to send out to Al (EurobeatKing) at the convention. If you then want a shirt, just see him at the con and arrange to get one from him. Telling us you want a specific style does not lock you into buying it (or guarantee we'll have one left), we'll just need an idea about how many to send to be safe. But if you say something like "I want 4 of these, and 6 of these . . ." then please back it up ;)

We're working on a couple of funny ones, a couple of rude ones, and a couple of standards.

Sami
01-22-2003, 01:52 PM
Oooo rude ones! >D I can't wait to see! *is excite!*

SeymourMother
01-22-2003, 02:24 PM
ohhhhhh I wanna seeeeeeee!!

Nyoko
01-27-2003, 09:22 AM
I would LOVE to have one!!

SeymourMother
01-27-2003, 07:53 PM
YEA!!! I want one!

Admin
02-02-2003, 03:22 AM
Update: We won't have the t-shirts ready for Katsucon. We hope to have a few styles available for immediate purchase around the end of February, and at every convention after that.

SeymourMother
02-02-2003, 04:26 AM
:-d that works too!

kitty_neko
02-02-2003, 11:56 AM
aww.... thats too bad... =(
but it doesnt really matter, i might buy one at another con then ^_^

ling_xiaoyu2002
02-02-2003, 02:11 PM
I won't be going to Katsucon....but I wanna t-shirt and badge really badly!! I personally would love it if you made the sizes:
XS,S,M,L,XL,XXL personally me...I'd be able to fit a small just fine...it's just nice to have more sizes than just one. but hey admin do you think you'll be selling them at AX??? I'd definately buy...I just need to figure out where you guys are going to be so I can buy one plus a patch!!! thankies for the really niftey idea...

P.S. I think I posted something about a t-shirt thingie a while back...when you guys wore yours I think.

ling_xiaoyu2002
02-02-2003, 02:12 PM
I won't be going to Katsucon....but I wanna t-shirt and badge really badly!! I personally would love it if you made the sizes:
XS,S,M,L,XL,XXL personally me...I'd be able to fit a small just fine...it's just nice to have more sizes than just one. but hey admin do you think you'll be selling them at AX??? I'd definately buy...I just need to figure out where you guys are going to be so I can buy one plus a patch!!! thankies for the really niftey idea...

P.S. I think I posted something about a t-shirt thingie a while back...when you guys wore yours I think.

ling_xiaoyu2002
02-02-2003, 02:12 PM

SeymourMother
02-02-2003, 05:14 PM
Badges are good too!!!

Eurobeat King
02-07-2003, 11:12 PM
No t-shirts for sale at Katsu? :( bummer.. well, in a sense that's sorta good in that I won't have another thing to do in an already hectic weekend for Katsu. :thumbsup: But perhaps at Sakuracon (april 4-6) they'll be done so I can help sell them for you, admin. :) Keep me posted. And if not, we can sell the shirts together at A-cen. ;)