PDA

View Full Version : EGL/Visual/J-Rock centered events

Claire
07-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Hey guys!

If you like jrock, EGL, Japanese fasion or music, please check out this thread at the PMX livejournal community:

http://www.livejournal.com/community/pmx/13223.html?mode=reply

If you don't have a livejournal account, feel free to reply here.

Basically we want to see what YOU guys want to do at PMX.

The more input you give the more fun stuff we'll offer!

enna
07-12-2005, 01:33 AM
Ooooh~~ Everything sounds cool!!

I was at PMX last year but somehow I missed the panel...... >//< Well, actually I didn't even know about it.... O_O;; Otherwise I would have gone!!! >//<

However..... is there going to one day for the EGL events? I believe that many people would like to wear their costumes and cosplay..... and changing into and out of costumes takes hours.. :T Well I don't know... just an idea... ^^;;

Claire
07-12-2005, 02:06 AM
Heheh! We actually printed up fliers for the Iron Loli event, but it was on Sunday right when everyone had to be checked out, so a lot of people couldn't make it.

I'd like to squish most of the EGL stuff into before nightfall on Saturday, if at all possible. (Not so) Secretly I long for a jrock room where all the panels and mini-events could be and we'd just play videos in between.

enna
07-12-2005, 12:27 PM
X_x;; yes, that MUST be it.... = =;; We were at the PLC photoshoot thing and left right after that for some chinese food. = =;;

are you guys going to put all the scheduled time on the website?! *O*

Freight
07-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Y'know, I saw the line up of artists last year but couldn't make it due to time constraints. This year, I have the time, but the lists of J-Music performers isn't really grabbing my attention.

Isn't it possible to get the Pillows, or Malice Mizer, maybe even Sowelu to come down for the weekend?

Claire
07-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Isn't it possible to get the Pillows, or Malice Mizer, maybe even Sowelu to come down for the weekend?

Malice Mizer has been disbanded since late 1999. The other two, I am not sure about, but generally it's pretty difficult to get large bands to come outside of Japan.

enna
07-12-2005, 11:50 PM
I understand it's hard to get large bands... but but but.... what about indie bands?? *O*

Claire
07-13-2005, 12:41 AM
I understand it's hard to get large bands... but but but.... what about indie bands?? *O*

^^; The music and/or guest relations would handle things like this. I just want to know what events or activities you guys would like to participate in.

enna
07-13-2005, 01:59 PM
^^;;;;; oh, yes yes... XD XDDDD Dude, it'd be cool if you guys can manage to make the EGL gatherings and events on the same evening or something and doesn't conflict with major events! *Q* I'd love to go for sure!! *heart*

And let's hope that more people would know about it this year. ^^;; Cause last year everything was so chaotic..... not bad for the first year con but there's still room for improvement.

Kaoruyogi
07-13-2005, 05:50 PM
I've heard from a staffer that Kagerou is in the works...so we MAY have a big name band on our hands...^_^;; That's a maybe though...don't get over excited.

Claire
07-13-2005, 07:45 PM
This thread is for events, please... =_= Keep rumors elsewhere...

Kaoruyogi
07-14-2005, 01:08 AM
Eep! Sorry... :walkoff:

kabuki_KILLER
07-15-2005, 04:42 AM
Actually, Malice disbanded late 2001 or 2002...forgot which year. Hmmm...

I think they should have a lot of jrockers come to the convention so we can et pictures and I can teach them my silly jrocker dance, like I did with Phantasmagoria at Anime Expo. ^_^

Claire
07-15-2005, 01:23 PM
.. ^^;

Well, since no one is offering much input on what I asked +_+ if the events aren't to your liking come the con, don't say I didn't try. =P

enna
07-15-2005, 11:49 PM
^^;; eh.... I don't really have much opinion.... ^^;; I am just hoping that the timing would work out better this year because I'd love to go to the events! *sparkle*

And maybe instead of handing out flyers big posters by entrances would be a good way too...... because I didn't even know that there were EGL events last year... = =;;

Kaoruyogi
07-16-2005, 12:50 AM
There were quite a few responses in the LJ... :confused:

kabuki_KILLER
07-17-2005, 10:20 PM
.. ^^;

Well, since no one is offering much input on what I asked +_+ if the events aren't to your liking come the con, don't say I didn't try. =P
What are you saying? I like all jrock events. They're the only ones that I go to. ^_^

KamisButterfly
07-18-2005, 01:38 AM
Like someone said before as long as people know that there are Jrock events . Last year I was not aware of some events. I also only go to the Jrock events. Thats the only reason I am going cause other cons don't really have Jrock events. But I guess its too late for suggestions.

shogun
07-18-2005, 01:43 AM
This is sort of related...

Due to numerous requests from JRock fans, Moonchild will be added to the Asian Cinema program.

Mike

Claire
07-18-2005, 02:27 AM
The jrock events were in the programming booklet and we even made fliers.

T_T

I don't know what else we could have done. ^^;

kabuki_KILLER
07-18-2005, 03:13 AM
Hmmm. I have a copy of Bara no Konrei, Malice Mizer's movie from the Klaha era on my comp. I don't know if we'll be allowed to view it. Or maybe we could have a gathering and a small private viewing of it. Hmmm. Anyone got ideas?

KamisButterfly
07-18-2005, 03:38 AM
When I said events I met the gatherings sorry. Like the lolita gathering.
I wanted to know if there is going to be any kind of official Jrock gathering cause that would be nice. Sorry if someone already asked this.

kabuki_KILLER
07-18-2005, 05:50 AM
Yes. That's what I meant. I'll go make one now if people will show up. And then we can decide where, when and what to do.

And unlike pip bernadette, I WILL show up. XD

**marches over**

Claire
07-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Generally gatherings are organized by cosplayers themselves, but if we get to do a decorated photo area that's designed especially for jrock/EGL, you guys will definately hear about it. ^^

enna
07-18-2005, 02:26 PM
*raises hand* *Q* I wanna see it!! Or maybe we can just see it after the con in the hotel room or something. XD

Hmmm. I have a copy of Bara no Konrei, Malice Mizer's movie from the Klaha era on my comp. I don't know if we'll be allowed to view it. Or maybe we could have a gathering and a small private viewing of it. Hmmm. Anyone got ideas?

shogun
07-22-2005, 04:52 PM
I think everything is confirmed for one additional VK band being brought by Broccoli. Announcement should be going out in a few days.

Mike

shogun
07-22-2005, 04:53 PM
We have the green light on a small event that we hope will provide a photo opportunity for the VK & JRock cosplayers. It will be at night and will not compete with the VK band. We're hammering out the rules this weekend and will post it on Monday.

Mike

Michi
07-22-2005, 06:47 PM
I think the tea area idea is neat, though I'm not an EGL person. :3

Actually, Malice disbanded late 2001 or 2002...forgot which year. Hmmm...

December 2001. ^^; You just have to go to the official site and it says so right there. XD 2001/12/11.

shogun
07-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Sigh!!! The huge JRock band we wanted can't make it due to their tour in Japan.

On the bright side, Avex will have a panel at PMX to make an important announcement to that band's US fans...

Hopefully next year...

Mike

enna
07-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Thanx for keeping us updated!!! :toothy:

So are the events about set now or will there be more?? Do you know if more people are registering this year?

We have the green light on a small event that we hope will provide a photo opportunity for the VK & JRock cosplayers. It will be at night and will not compete with the VK band. We're hammering out the rules this weekend and will post it on Monday.

Mike

Michi
07-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Sigh!!! The huge JRock band we wanted can't make it due to their tour in Japan.

On the bright side, Avex will have a panel at PMX to make an important announcement to that band's US fans...

Hopefully next year...

Mike

Awww. That sucks. Is there anyone else in mind?

shogun
07-23-2005, 03:54 PM
The VK band Broccoli wants to bring will probably be confirmed next week.

Mike

Jrock_lover
07-25-2005, 01:30 PM

I love that movie so^.^...I also have Verte Aile..which was their first movie from the Gackt era