PDA

View Full Version : Anime Group in Phoenix AZ?

AbandonwareGirl
07-20-2002, 06:31 PM
I know there's gotta be a anime group somewhere in Phoenix Arizona! Or maybe a animefest in phoenix? plz help!

Adella
07-21-2002, 01:54 AM
I honestly don't think there's one in Phoenix, but you can probably find an anime group at one of the colleges. There's always groups or clubs for everything at colleges.

Jinx
07-30-2002, 05:29 AM
Oops, this is old....

I'm from Phoenix, also, but you know what? It's like there's no Otaku in Phoenix!! o.o;;

I did hear of a sci-fi/rpg con happening at the...er... sheraton in Scottsdale? I'm not sure, it was like last week, and I just heard it on the radio.

The only things close enough to an animefest is like, when Planet Neo holds parties and cosplay contests for Halloween and stuff. I don't know of any Phoenix cosplay groups, either.

I kinda get my fam and friends together to group cosplay, but that's it. ^-^;; Lemme know if you find anything out!

Mei Lan Chang
08-03-2002, 12:16 AM
*blinks* Other Cosplayers? In Arizona? Holy Miyazakis....
I'm from Prescott, but soon to be in Tucson for college. I've been trying to find other Cosplayers in Arizona for so long that I had given up. And just as I do, here are two of them. I don't know of any clubs, but why should that stop us from starting one, ne?

Jinx
08-04-2002, 01:28 AM
Mei Lan, you going to Tucson, huh? I'll be going up to Flagstaff. That'll be a bit of a diffcult club to maintain. ^-^;;

Fortunately for me, I got my bf and two friends into cosplaying, and they loved it... plus my sibs and cousins (who haven't cosplayed yet) will start next year. We have like, our own cosplay group among us, already planning out group cosplay. =B

But that'd be cool, Mei Lan, since you go to SDCC, right?

How about you, AbandonwareGirl?

makio
08-04-2002, 11:17 AM
I'll be moving to Tucson sometime in Spring 2003 for work/school (Go Wildcats!)...It'd be great to have some kind of cosplay gathering there if anyone else is willing!

Mei Lan Chang
08-04-2002, 03:01 PM
O_O
Makio, I am going to the University of Arizona too! *cries* Another cosplayer that will be so close to me!!! We should start a club if there isn't one already.

Jinx
08-05-2002, 12:04 AM
LOL. And not only cosplayers... but there seems to be such a shortage of true Otaku in AZ as well.. :(

Madmann
08-05-2002, 12:19 AM
As far as i know there isnt one my buddy lives there he says its bleh over there.

makio
08-06-2002, 03:56 AM
LoL...I've heard that too (and my friend's trying to drag me to Denver instead! x_o), but mostly due to the heat. It'd probably be easy to hold cosplay gatherings or even a mini-convention at a hotel conference room or something if anyone's interested.