PDA

View Full Version : Miroku's outfit(from inuyasha)

GothicTeddybear
07-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Okay, I was wondering if anyone knows a site with a design patter for the type of clothes miroku wears, if not any sites does anyone know what his clothes are called? s\\o i can try to find it myself?

Tess
07-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Well, he wears a basic black kimono. The purple portion is just a long strip of purple fabric [we used about 5 yds for our Miroku] tied in an absurdly confusing manner. ^^; I don't know about sites with kimono patterns, but they're easily found in the major pattern books -- Simplicity, Butterick, and McCalls -- which can be found at most craft stores and Wal*Mart.

@-->--- Tess

GothicTeddybear
07-14-2005, 02:55 AM
okay, thanks

Astro
07-14-2005, 10:26 AM
I find the simplicty kimono pattern best. You only need to modify it a little, first, lengthening the neckband to the full length of the kimono, and second, making the sleeves for a men's kimono (underarm sewn to the kimono, instead of open underarms)

x_InuYasha_x
07-21-2005, 06:08 AM
When Me and my best friend made his Miroku costume, we attached the purple part to the kimono and put ties in the front so he could slip it on like a jacket. It was basically a Miroku Trenchcoat.