PDA

View Full Version : Anime Los Angeles 2 (2006): Who's going?

Hazel Chaz
07-14-2005, 01:10 AM
Angel Tifa posted a note in the old thread for Anime Los Angeles 1. Here's a thread for people to start checking in on Anime Los Angeles 2....

I'll start by saying that Anime Los Angeles 2 is confirmed for 27-29 January 2006, at the same hotel as last year, but in the main building so we'll have more space. The Costume Repair Station will have a big table, and some costuming workshops will be held there.

Kokuu
07-14-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm going to be there, obviously, since Iím in charge of the music room at ALA2. Iím excited since this will be my first convention staffing. Look foward to karaoke, more sing-alongs, and exciting musical performances.

Evil Bishounen
07-14-2005, 01:30 AM
I plan on going!

Super No 1
07-14-2005, 02:20 AM
I've already registered.

FaireGoddess
07-14-2005, 04:26 AM
I'm at about 85% sure I'll be there, providing I can scrape together enough money for airfare and hotel.

If I am there, do you need help manning the Costume Repair Station? Not all weekend, mind you, but maybe for a day/few hours.

Gainax Boy
07-14-2005, 06:06 PM
heh.. I registered back at ALA #1 ^__^

Of course I'm going! :)

Hazel Chaz
07-14-2005, 07:46 PM
If I am there, do you need help manning the Costume Repair Station? Not all weekend, mind you, but maybe for a day/few hours.

Thanks for the offer. That would be something to check with Kim when you arrive...

Andraia4
07-20-2005, 04:43 AM
I might be going. My name's Elizabeth and you took photo of me on Monday. I will be hopefully handing out flyers at my local bookstore and to some of my friends. ^^ There's a small Anime Club in the area that's working on getting started up and this is the closest convention to where I live. I hopefully will be able to come and if my dad refuses to take me, I have some friends that might be able too.

Nadeshiko
07-21-2005, 04:25 AM
I'm hoping to be there. It depends on when my internship starts and when I can get in LA. This would be my first time at Anime Los Angeles. No cosplay plans so far - need to confirm things first!

Bamboo
07-25-2005, 05:28 AM
it goin to be my first time goin there so.. ^-^' yah.. i really wanna go but i dont want to get lost sense i live 40-50 min from here...booo!
and pluse i'll be goin byself T_T yah sadly..
but hopfuly i can make it!

chaipnai
07-26-2005, 10:59 PM
I will be going. :) Haha... I need to organize the Scavenger Hunt again and I'm definately in for masq ALA 06

Hazel Chaz
07-27-2005, 12:08 AM
I will be going. :) Haha... I need to organize the Scavenger Hunt again and I'm definately in for masq ALA 06
By the by, I talked to Angelica, and I've sent her a self-addressed stamped envelope for the leftover ribbons... so hopefully by the time I get back from Scotland that'll be a closed issue.

chaipnai
07-29-2005, 12:53 PM
By the by, I talked to Angelica, and I've sent her a self-addressed stamped envelope for the leftover ribbons... so hopefully by the time I get back from Scotland that'll be a closed issue.
That sounds good. I hope so too. :D

Armless Wookiee
07-30-2005, 10:45 PM
Yes i will be there again

Ferret Girl
08-01-2005, 01:41 AM
I live nearby, so I'd like to try to go. Depends on whether I score a ride or not. Or if I'd have to (EEEEK) work.

Devi Dark Wolf
08-01-2005, 03:49 AM
Hey Chaz. I will totally be there at ALA. Chance to wear the hot costumes that kill you at summer cons.

Devi

Angel Tifa
08-02-2005, 01:54 AM
Angel Tifa posted a note in the old thread for Anime Los Angeles 1. Here's a thread for people to start checking in on Anime Los Angeles 2....

I'll start by saying that Anime Los Angeles 2 is confirmed for 27-29 January 2006, at the same hotel as last year, but in the main building so we'll have more space. The Costume Repair Station will have a big table, and some costuming workshops will be held there.

Heh Heh....yeah sorry about that...it was my fault for not reading XD.

Yep, for sure I will be there. I've already reserved for the hotel it take's place at, but still have yet to register.

Firestar
08-03-2005, 01:04 AM
eep. if im still living in cali by that time (which theres about 80% chance i wont be)... but if i am... imma definatly go =)

Retro Carbon
08-06-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm going, but of course. I might have to call in sick for work if I get a job by then. ::Cough, cough.:: I pre-registered a few days before what happened to the site.

CelestialAurora
08-06-2005, 07:29 PM
i think i'll go. i should probably be thinking of new cosplay costumes to wear.

Shiya Wind
08-08-2005, 02:35 AM
I'm almost sure i'll be going. ^^

Nekobo
08-09-2005, 03:57 AM
I'll be there, with my Asuma's Fire and my gal pal. We should arrange a meetup, because it's always interesting meeting other cosplayers and making new friends. :)

Hazel Chaz
08-10-2005, 10:30 AM
it goin to be my first time goin there so.. ^-^' yah.. i really wanna go but i dont want to get lost sense i live 40-50 min from here...booo!
and pluse i'll be goin byself T_T yah sadly..
but hopfuly i can make it!

Need directions? The hotel actually has some pretty good directions on their website. Where are you coming from? Even if you don't have a cell phone, if you become uncertain about your route you can pull over and find a payphone and call the hotel's toll free line. But I'd be happy to help map out a route for you that would be easy to follow; are you driving in?

Koushukei Ai
08-10-2005, 06:30 PM
I tried going to the site but it isnt working, and I wanted to volonteer to help >.< I went all three days last year and I plan on going this year aswell. I LOVED last years convention.

le fantome
08-16-2005, 05:32 AM
i will be going with my freind. we are going as Yuna and Lulu from FFX. is there anyone else going from FFX?

Midnight Rocket
08-16-2005, 07:29 PM
~glomps Chaz~ I don't think you even need to ask if I'll be going, seeing as how I'm staff! ^^ I'm so excited. I can't wait!

Angel Tifa
08-16-2005, 10:56 PM
i will be going with my freind. we are going as Yuna and Lulu from FFX. is there anyone else going from FFX?

Well if I get my Lulu costume done on time, I'll debut it at Anime LA as well ;).

Milai Sapphire
08-17-2005, 01:51 AM
Hmm, I really want to go to Anime LA, since it'll be my birthday weekend (depends on when my midterms are though T___T). I'll try to make at least Saturday...but should I go, I hope to see everyone~

Erik Kellstrom
08-17-2005, 06:11 PM
I`m thinking of going.

major antidote
08-20-2005, 09:28 PM
i am going as well!!! seems like several people are going!

Sana-chan
08-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Definately planning on attending again ^^

Infernoman
08-22-2005, 12:05 PM
I'll try to go. Someone's got to start up some Killer 7 gatherings!

Infamous
08-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Hmmm...i'm there. *Lives in LA* got a link?

Kiaya
08-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Haha. I'm going, of course. ^_^ ALA is a tradition for my friends and I now. It was our first convention and so we decided to make it a tradition. I registered right after ALA 1. I can't wait, either!

Hazel Chaz
08-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Hmmm...i'm there. *Lives in LA* got a link?

www.animelosangeles.org

(Our server crashed a while back, and we're reconsructing the website. But the basic info and links are all there now.)

Koushukei Ai
08-24-2005, 04:03 AM
But what about Vol work? I wanna help and on the flyer it said to go throught he site, but now the server crashed, so how can I vol?

Raynovac1
08-24-2005, 03:42 PM
I plan on going since its a 15 min drive.
i love living in LA county.
gonna reg at con though, seems easier for me.

Hazel Chaz
08-25-2005, 12:59 AM
But what about Vol work? I wanna help and on the flyer it said to go throught he site, but now the server crashed, so how can I vol?

Oh, I'll take your volunteering right here...What would you like to do? What are your strengths? Experience?

We're trying to staff up our video room tech crews -- the people that keep the video program running on time all weekend, for the anime room and the live action room. A pretty easy way to clock volunteer hours.

Have we explained the pass-on system to you yet?

Koushukei Ai
08-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Oh, I'll take your volunteering right here...What would you like to do? What are your strengths? Experience?

We're trying to staff up our video room tech crews -- the people that keep the video program running on time all weekend, for the anime room and the live action room. A pretty easy way to clock volunteer hours.

Have we explained the pass-on system to you yet?

No one has explained the pass-on system, what is it? Also, as far as it goes with experiance, I worked in an anime store for about a year. So I am familier with most that stuff, but I am not too familier with tech stuff. Maybe if you need the help I can help work the check in area or help set equipment up or something, I just want to be a helping part of it all. I went all three days later year and had a blast, I remember on the third day I brought a sword, and forgot to peace bind it, and it turned out it took three zip ties to do it because the hilt was on wrong lol >.< oh well, anyway, let me know!!

Kokuu
08-26-2005, 04:10 PM
No one has explained the pass-on system, what is it? Also, as far as it goes with experiance, I worked in an anime store for about a year. So I am familier with most that stuff, but I am not too familier with tech stuff. Maybe if you need the help I can help work the check in area or help set equipment up or something, I just want to be a helping part of it all. I went all three days later year and had a blast, I remember on the third day I brought a sword, and forgot to peace bind it, and it turned out it took three zip ties to do it because the hilt was on wrong lol >.< oh well, anyway, let me know!!

At many other conventions, volunteers who work a certain number of hours often get their badge refunded in thanks for helping out. The way it works at ALA is if you work a certain number of hours (I'm not sure how many will be needed for this year. Chaz?) then you get your badge free NEXT year.

Master Zero
08-26-2005, 05:33 PM
I'm there.

Koushukei Ai
08-27-2005, 10:46 PM
At many other conventions, volunteers who work a certain number of hours often get their badge refunded in thanks for helping out. The way it works at ALA is if you work a certain number of hours (I'm not sure how many will be needed for this year. Chaz?) then you get your badge free NEXT year.
Wow that is awesome!! That would be well worth it to say the least. ^_^

inu-chan00
09-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Haha most definately, It was great meeting everyone.
I just moved to TX, buts thats not stopping meh ;D Nur nur nur....

Sora's Sweetie
09-07-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm hoping to go! If you see a 5'9" Kairi running around, that's me! ^_^

Lily-chan
09-10-2005, 12:37 PM
I totally plan on going, but about prereg... Is there a form we need to fill out? Thanks a bunch. ^^

Hazel Chaz
09-11-2005, 03:01 AM
I totally plan on going, but about prereg... Is there a form we need to fill out? Thanks a bunch. ^^

Go to http://www.animelosangeles.org/ and click on Registration.
That will take you to
http://www.animelosangeles.org/anime-la/2006/reg/
Print it out, fill out the first page and mail it to us.

How's that sound?

Chaz

Eurobeat King
09-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Looking ahead for 2006, it looks like I'll be attending ALA 2006, instead of Ushicon in Austin, TX that same weekend. Kinda depressing cos I enjoyed Ushicon this year, and went to that con and then ALA the weekend after. (and Ohayocon the weekend before Ushi, so 3 cons in a row was a killer.. hehe) This year since they conflict I'm choosing ALA since it's closer (just a 6 hour drive for me) and cheaper (flying to Texas from SFO somehow is always expensive..)

So I've booked my rental car for that weekend already, and I need to pre-reg. and book my hotel still. But it looks good for EBK's return to ALA 2006. :skidude2:

Are there still rooms in the con hotel available?

heroLink
09-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Its a few days after my birthday so I'll definitly go!!!^_^

Lily-chan
09-14-2005, 01:18 AM
Thanks a bunch Chaz!

Hazel Chaz
09-14-2005, 04:30 AM
Looking ahead for 2006, it looks like I'll be attending ALA 2006, instead of Ushicon in Austin, TX that same weekend. Kinda depressing cos I enjoyed Ushicon this year, and went to that con and then ALA the weekend after. (and Ohayocon the weekend before Ushi, so 3 cons in a row was a killer.. hehe) This year since they conflict I'm choosing ALA since it's closer (just a 6 hour drive for me) and cheaper (flying to Texas from SFO somehow is always expensive..)

So I've booked my rental car for that weekend already, and I need to pre-reg. and book my hotel still. But it looks good for EBK's return to ALA 2006. :skidude2:

Are there still rooms in the con hotel available?

Yes, there are still rooms available. Cal 1-800-2-airtel to book and tell them you're with ANIME-LA.

Eurobeat King
09-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Yes, there are still rooms available. Cal 1-800-2-airtel to book and tell them you're with ANIME-LA.

Thanks for the info. :) I went ahead and called the hotel today (while at work) and booked the room. So I'm all set for that.. last thing left to do is pre-reg. Can't wait for ALA 2!

Karisu-sama
09-15-2005, 03:36 AM
I hope I have room(s)! :p :p (Sheesh, should I call the hotel?)

Eurobeat King
09-15-2005, 07:17 AM

Are you & Dijiman going to have your ImageCraft photo-suite room again like last year?

CelestialAurora
09-15-2005, 04:36 PM
i think i'll probably be able to go. if i do go, then i'll be wearing my Seras Victoria costume. and if i go more than one day, then the other days i'll be wearing one of my Aeris costumes.

Onyx
09-27-2005, 02:26 AM
I'm going ^^. I missed it last year but am totally excited about goin' this year(hehe and draggin some people along in the process). I'll be wearing one of my two costumes dependin on the day, Krad or Sesshi. I hope to see U there XD

DivineSage
10-02-2005, 06:49 PM
I'll definitely be there! All three days, it looks like. And because it's convenient... is anyone interested in helping out in the anime viewing rooms? We really need help with it, so if you're interested, PM me here or e-mail me at anbualchemist(at)gmail(dot)com
Thanks!

Hazel Chaz
10-03-2005, 01:33 AM

That's a joke, right? As Fan GoH, the convention is providing you with a suite.

(Do you need two beds or three? I was going to talk to you about all this stuff at Loscon...

Chaz

HybridTwist
10-03-2005, 03:49 PM
I think I might stop by for this con (it's only a 30 min drive for me). I'll probably drive down to the con everyday, unless one of my friends wants me to stay with them in their room to reduce the cost.

Michi
10-03-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm really tempted to go, since I had a lot of fun at Ani-Magic and I'd like another smaller con in SoCal. ^^ We'lllllll see~

Eurobeat King
10-03-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm really tempted to go, since I had a lot of fun at Ani-Magic and I'd like another smaller con in SoCal. ^^ We'lllllll see~

If you go Michi, did you want to have another DOA gathering? The hotel has some nice locations for pictures, like the rocky fountains & bamboo trees where I got some nice pictures of ebonywing's Kasumi at ALA this year. :) I wouldn't mind having one at ALA 2006 if the weather's nice.

Hazel Chaz
10-04-2005, 01:23 AM
We've got the forums back online (on the new server). Other website updates to follow shortly. Go check it out...
http://www.animelosangeles.org/bbs/

Michi
10-04-2005, 04:34 PM
If you go Michi, did you want to have another DOA gathering? The hotel has some nice locations for pictures, like the rocky fountains & bamboo trees where I got some nice pictures of ebonywing's Kasumi at ALA this year. :) I wouldn't mind having one at ALA 2006 if the weather's nice.

By January I could pull together a new Kasumi, so that would be a lot of fun. ^^ Probably either C7 from DOA2 Hardcore or her basic blue C1 finally. ^^ I also really like one of her new outfits from DOA4, but I dunno if I wanna go that far ahead yet. XD;

Cicatrice
10-04-2005, 05:31 PM
I will be going! *dances*

Eurobeat King
10-04-2005, 05:42 PM
By January I could pull together a new Kasumi, so that would be a lot of fun. ^^ Probably either C7 from DOA2 Hardcore or her basic blue C1 finally. ^^ I also really like one of her new outfits from DOA4, but I dunno if I wanna go that far ahead yet. XD;

okay.. Since I might be wearing his c1 a few weeks later at Katsucon, I might have his c6 costume (white shirt & black vest & red tie) for ALA, which will help also for the possible cold-weather that weekend. :) So at least I know you & ebonywings will be interested in getting together for DOA. ;)

Aya Mizu
10-05-2005, 03:54 AM
Yay I'm a local in the Valley so I am definitely going to go this coming year ^_^

Princess_Zelda
10-08-2005, 02:10 AM
i'll have my zelda costume dun by then, so count me in! ;)

cynicallywired
10-11-2005, 10:50 PM
My friends and I are thinking 'bout going but we don't want to go all three days. We only have enough money to go one day (considering gas prices and whatnot). Besides, it's a one hour drive to go one way so we really don't want to drive that far. We basically don't want to dish out $30 each to do one day. Well anyway, we'll see.

LinLin-chan
10-13-2005, 04:03 PM
I'll be there again for at least a day, two if I can convince my mom to do for my birthday. Don't have any costumes lined up yet, but A-chan suggested these cute kiminos that Misha and Shia have. And I'm also considering something from Prince of Tennis.

Okitasan
10-13-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm going! not sure where i'm staying though XD

Hon Kudasai
10-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Count me in. ^_^ My friend's house is less than 10min away from the con, so we won't need to rent a room. :bigtu:

Michi
10-14-2005, 04:30 PM
okay.. Since I might be wearing his c1 a few weeks later at Katsucon, I might have his c6 costume (white shirt & black vest & red tie) for ALA, which will help also for the possible cold-weather that weekend. :) So at least I know you & ebonywings will be interested in getting together for DOA. ;)

I'm all for it as long as I'm in attendance. XD No idea right now. T_T

Eurobeat King
10-14-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm all for it as long as I'm in attendance. XD No idea right now. T_T

There's still lots o' time to go (2.5 months!) so I'm sure we'll talk about it before then, and you can keep me updated here or via PM. :)

kisekihan
10-15-2005, 01:37 AM
^^ I'll be going for sure!!

Hazel Chaz
10-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Anyone who's interested in the Jedi robe panel, or the light saber workshop, please stop by http://www.animelosangeles.org/bbs/ and post an appropriate msg in the "Workshops" Forum, please...

Richii
10-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Definatly be there with TeniMyUSA! :D

Sin★
10-19-2005, 08:38 PM
I'm planning on going as well, along with a couple of friends. ^^

Dark_Wings
10-20-2005, 11:19 PM
I plan on going!

If I get his costume done, I want to go as Dosu, but if I dont, I'll be wearing my typical Lolita dress. XD

Should be fun, ya?

Solaria
10-21-2005, 04:53 AM
Oh, I am so going again this year.

I'll be bringing Rin/Isuzu, Quistis 2.0, and AC Tifa 2.0... and maaaaaaaaaaaybe one other costume to change into if it gets too cold for Tifa... or maybe just a coat... we'll see. But Rin and Quistis are for sure.

Gowa-chan
10-21-2005, 09:58 AM
~waves hand~ I'm definately going, i need something to make up for a lousy Ani-Magic.

Moon Prince
10-30-2005, 11:04 PM
it will be the weekend after I celebrate my big ?0 birthday. I am planning on going this time.

kabuki_KILLER
11-02-2005, 12:04 AM
I really want to go, but if I could it's only be for a day or two.

Does anyone know how big Anime LA is? Is it fairly crowded or does it barely have several hundred people present at any given time and only a couple thousand registered?

Kokuu
11-02-2005, 12:32 AM
I really want to go, but if I could it's only be for a day or two.

Does anyone know how big Anime LA is? Is it fairly crowded or does it barely have several hundred people present at any given time and only a couple thousand registered?

Anime Los Angeles is a fairly small fan-friendly convention. In 2005 we had 600 members and this year we're expecting about 700-800.

Hazel Chaz
11-02-2005, 01:24 AM
My friends and I are thinking 'bout going but we don't want to go all three days. We only have enough money to go one day (considering gas prices and whatnot).
One-day memberships will be $20 for any single day.

Fullmetal
11-02-2005, 06:30 PM
I'll probably go if i can get a ride, and it depends if i can get another costume or two done i 'm kind of sick of being Ed every day of all the conventions i went to.

cynicallywired
11-02-2005, 07:18 PM
One-day memberships will be $20 for any single day.

That's good to know. Are there student discounts on that?

InvaderKiani
11-02-2005, 08:39 PM
I'll try ta make it ^^; -=waves to Gainax Boy=-

Hazel Chaz
11-04-2005, 08:09 PM
That's good to know. Are there student discounts on that?
Our student discount is pre-reg only. All three days for $30 if you pre-register. Otherwise $40 at the door for the full weekend or $20 for a single day.

Chizome
11-11-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm President of the Anime Club at school, I'm bringing everyone who pays ^^

Rema Suzuki
11-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Looking at people who've posted here, it looks like a lot of people from PMX will be coming. Yay! I was Chloe at that con.
I'm planning on coming, it sounds so very friendly. I think my friends and I are goin to register soon, I'll be bringing three or four friends. One was the BoogiePop Phantom with me on Saturday of PMX, one was the girl who with with me all weekend / did cosfest with me, and maybe two friends who've never been to cons.
I'm planning my Moogle Yuna outfit, it'll be spiffy and stand outish. I think I may brng my Chloe and Yomi Costumes with me as well.
I was looking at the site, and they said there were "fan tables" to promote a club ect. So I've been trying to pursaude my friend to get one to promote our Webcomic one of the days. She's the artist, so it'd be cool.

Anyhow, it sounds like a lot of fun and very friendly, my friend who did cosfest with me at PMX and I are going to be in a skit together (I hope we can do skits for the masq. I haven't heard anything?) and we've been working hard already. I can't wait!

IDrewFelix
11-15-2005, 06:49 AM
Does anyone know if there will be arcades at Anime LA? Im going bymyself and I don't want to be wandering around the whole time haha

Hazel Chaz
11-16-2005, 03:08 AM
I'm President of the Anime Club at school, I'm bringing everyone who pays ^^
You might be interested in our group discount, if there's 15 or more of you. See http://www.animelosangeles.org/anime-la/2006/flyer/ for a sign-up sheet you can pass around. Furthermore, if you'd like a packet of flyers to pass around at your club, you can request some at the same link, or PM me.

Does anyone know if there will be arcades at Anime LA? Im going bymyself and I don't want to be wandering around the whole time haha
There will be a game room full of video games and some table top gaming. Also you can hang out in the Con Suite and talk to people and get some snackage at the same time, of course.

IDrewFelix
11-17-2005, 06:20 AM
There will be a game room full of video games and some table top gaming. Also you can hang out in the Con Suite and talk to people and get some snackage at the same time, of course.

Sounds good, is the con suite open 24/7?

And by any chance would you know if there is soul calibur II at the arcade?

Sorry for the random questions.

Hazel Chaz
11-20-2005, 03:08 AM
Sounds good, is the con suite open 24/7?
It's only a 3-day con. :) Seriously, no, it's not open all night. The people running the Con Suite this year are darling, wonderful people -- she's a bubbly friendly woman, he looks like Santa Claus's slightly younger brother -- but they're not 20-something non-stop dynamos and they don't have enough staff and crew to keep it open all night. I have to talk to them this weekend (at Loscon, see www.loscon.org/loscon/32 ) to find out when they want to close. I will say this, though: we are looking for committed fans who want to work in the Con Suite this year with an eye towards possibly running it themselves down the road... so next year's hours are yet to be determined.

And by any chance would you know if there is soul calibur II at the arcade?
I don't know; that's a question to direct to games@animelosangeles.org or better yet post it on our forums http://www.animelosangeles.org/bbs/ so everyone there will see the answer.

Sorry for the random questions.
No problem whatsoever. Keep 'em coming. (Or post them on the Anime Los Angeles forums if things seem to be drifting too far off-topic here.)

Forsythia
11-26-2005, 08:39 AM
I'll be there! ^_^

inuashley
11-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Me and my 2 friends will definitely be there! We already pre-registered^^

AFadingDream
11-29-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm there. My room is booked. ^^

Jaina Solo
11-29-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm there. My room is booked. ^^
You better be there. *Throttles you if you don't* XD

meowl
12-03-2005, 05:12 PM
I just signed up my son and myself, So Big Al will be there. I may be able to create a Hoenheim Elric cosplay for myself (I look more like Santa Claus, so it's a challenge).

Kao
12-04-2005, 11:25 PM
I'll be there! I'm not sure what day(s) or what I'm going to wear, but you should see me moaping around the con at some point. ^^"

Hasu
12-05-2005, 01:41 AM
I'm going. It's really nearby and it looks like the only con where I can wear leather and not overheat.

princess alix
12-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I will be attending ^_^
Luckily, I'll be in Tokyo from December 26th to January 26th. Whew. One day. Oi.

FlowerOfThCourt
12-12-2005, 12:18 AM
I'll be there probably! Saturday and Sunday are almost guaranteed. Not sure about Friday, though we'll see.

EccentricShinob
12-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey im goin!!! Ill be the guy with the kick ass Zabuza sword!!!! I was there last year too ^_^ its fun!

Chas
12-15-2005, 01:24 AM
Will be there. ^_^

Master Zero
12-15-2005, 01:37 AM
Im going. If Im crazy enough, I'll bring the God Gundam again, but Im bringing my original costume and 1920's Leon from Resident Evil 4 XD

L-Lamb
12-22-2005, 01:48 AM
Be making the trip down with two friends ^_^
Should be exciting. ^_^
Road trip!!!

Eurobeat King
12-22-2005, 02:31 AM
Be making the trip down with two friends ^_^
Should be exciting. ^_^
Road trip!!!

Awesome! I hope you all enjoy your first trip down to ALA for fun & cosplay. :) Just hopefully it won't rain like it did this year.. :thumbsup: We had enough rain this past weekend at JTAF, didn't we, L.? ;)

XERO1
12-22-2005, 12:55 PM
hey guys new to the forum, i went last year and it was great so i will be there for 06 .

Ami Yuy
12-26-2005, 01:48 AM
Will be coming this year for the first time with Scruffy Rebel, Rosebud, Soyo, and a couple others. I'll be taking a lot of pics, so be sure to look me up! ^^

L-Lamb
12-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Awesome! I hope you all enjoy your first trip down to ALA for fun & cosplay. :) Just hopefully it won't rain like it did this year.. :thumbsup: We had enough rain this past weekend at JTAF, didn't we, L.? ;)

Yea no rain would be nice! Hopefully the temp is a little warmer down there too....Either way though, it's gonna be a blast. ^_^

MeliCat
12-26-2005, 08:04 PM
I really want to go! Maybe I can pull it off, I have a month to plan! >.<

Nadeshiko
12-27-2005, 01:10 AM
This will be Traveling Valentine's first Anime LA. I'm really looking forward to it.

Also remember that Sunday is Lunar New Year!

Michi
12-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Okay. I've figured out a ride and room, so I'm very excited and am definitely attending now! I've even been dragged into a skit and have new cosplay planned. XD yaaaaaa~y!

Master Zero
12-29-2005, 03:05 PM
word. ^^

Eurobeat King
12-29-2005, 11:26 PM
I really want to go! Maybe I can pull it off, I have a month to plan! >.<

I hope you can go, Mel. :) It's a long way until Fanimecon so please do your best to make it! And hopefully you can bring a couple of costumes and/or outfits to cosplay!

Hazel Chaz
01-05-2006, 04:06 AM
If you're concerned as to whether we've processed your membership, you should know that you'll receive a postcard in the mail confirming that we've processed your membership; if that postcard hasn't shown up in a week after you joining, you can go to http://www.animelosangeles.org/anime-la/2006/InfoReg.php and go to the end of the page and type your name in to the box next to item #14.

Just thought you'd all like to know that.

Yea no rain would be nice! Hopefully the temp is a little warmer down there too....Either way though, it's gonna be a blast. ^_^
You may have already seen this, but we've set aside a "rainy day photography area" for Saturday and Sunday. Ummmm... but I'm sorry to report that you have to go outside to get to it. We'll have to plan that whole thing better next time, I guess.

Chaz

Michi
01-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Just bring umbrellas in case. XD Maybe even color-coded to your costume. I did that at JTAF, haha~

Hazel Chaz
01-06-2006, 05:07 AM
I just posted a new membership list online. We have twice as many pre-registered today compared to how many we had a year ago today.

Don't know if that trend's going to continue, but the convention is going to be *ahem* larger than last year, I think I can safely say.

YoshidaEri
01-06-2006, 11:41 AM
My first(and probably last, because I'm moving) California convention! I'll be doing a Hello!Project(Viyuden probabyl) cosplay.

StrongestShield
01-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I will be there, hopefully with my zabuza cosplay ^_^

Raider3
01-07-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm all set for it, as in con registration, hotel room booked, spending/dining/general survival funds being raised at this moment, and costumes chosen for the trip.

Costumes will be refreshed, gear will be packed, and health will be watched closely over the next couple weeks.

It looks like I'll be in good company, based on the number of folks posting from here.

Status as of the wee hours of Wed., Jan. 25:
Gathered extensive info, mostly from this forum, in electronic note format, on what's going on, and what gatherings to check out, etc.
Healthwise, I'm ok, as good as I'm going to get (Except for the bruised ribs from earlier in the month. I am packing a "Glomp Me And Die" T-shirt ^_^; )
Spending money: Yeah, got it covered, even mapped out the five closest Bank of America locations near Con Site.
Media gear: (Digital photo camera, Digital8 camcorder, laptop computer, XM receiver for the trip down and up.) - Gathering it now.
Hotel room reservation: Got it, legibly noted the confirmation number.
Con membership: Registered last month, got the postcard, checked my name in the database.
Costumes: Big check on that - They're going in the suitcase tonight!

Hazel Chaz
01-09-2006, 05:24 PM
We've had some inquiries from people who we contacted (or they contacted us) early on, and who we haven't had much contact with since.

We haven't forgotten you! We spent a big day yesterday trying to fit a whole bunch of live program ideas into our schedule; in some cases, we have an idea of who should be on a panel, in other cases, we're not sure.

In any event, over the next few days we'll be sending out a flood of e-mail to the participants, asking them to confirm (or request) panel selections. (For example, we have a couple of different VA panels with different angles; so the voice actors on our list will get to tell us which ones they want to be on.)

Ditto our music program; we have a handful of mini concerts that we've had firmly on our radar -- but not slotted into our schedule -- until recently, and now those musicians will be getting their confirmations.

The program is just about full; there's a few open slots we've kept in reserve. But on the whole, we've got a lot going on, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and it's going to be a great convention.

Jaina Solo
01-10-2006, 01:01 AM
Woot-woot. I finally registered. See ya'll there!

Dawn
01-10-2006, 03:42 AM
I'm sending in my registration tomorrow. :] Yay!

Armless Wookiee
01-10-2006, 03:44 AM
my friend is sending in my groups reg wed

FlowerOfThCourt
01-10-2006, 02:30 PM
I finally got myself registered! *happy dance*

starlet_flower
01-10-2006, 02:54 PM
yup, yup, i just sent in my registration yesterday. i can't wait!

Moon Prince
01-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Change of costume plans....

I'll probably only have my King costume and Naoto/Eric costumes... I found better gloves for my Jasmine so I'm shifting resources to fix it up for AX.

I'll be doing the 'at the door' thing for reg most likely.....

VampireKitten
01-11-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm debating wether or not I will make it, this will be my first convention and first cosplay debut (BloodRayne). Well it would only be on day because of lack of funds and LA being an hour away. Probably wont preregister, anyone interested in meeting up with a newbie coplayer (that will be there on Sat) PM meh!

YamiMegumi
01-12-2006, 12:51 AM
I am coming...I just need to find some roommates....

Any takers?

YoshidaEri
01-12-2006, 09:51 AM
I want to pre-reg, but we don't know if my husband's friend is coming yet, so we may just pay at the door. I need to find this stuff out though and book the hotel room and work on costumes. Arg! stress!

Hasu
01-12-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm going, it's all set...yay, a social experience.

YoshidaEri
01-13-2006, 01:16 AM
I got the hotel problem figured out (yay!) and I'll probably be pre-registering tonight(my husband needs to decide on his badge name) AND I did a lot of costume work today!

Ami Yuy
01-13-2006, 05:07 AM
I got the hotel problem figured out (yay!) and I'll probably be pre-registering tonight(my husband needs to decide on his badge name) AND I did a lot of costume work today!

Badge name? Where do we get to specify that in the registration? I would definately prefer Ami Yuy on my badge instead of my real name...

In fact my friends and I have been confused with the registration a lot. But mainly the student discounts.

Do we need to send scans of our student ID's or can we just show them at the door?

Do we need to send a seperate message with our school name in it or does the one on PayPal work fine?

All in all, the registration page was really confusing. ;_;

YoshidaEri
01-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Badge name? Where do we get to specify that in the registration? I would definately prefer Ami Yuy on my badge instead of my real name...

In fact my friends and I have been confused with the registration a lot. But mainly the student discounts.

Do we need to send scans of our student ID's or can we just show them at the door?

Do we need to send a seperate message with our school name in it or does the one on PayPal work fine?

I assumed(since every other con I've been too has a spot for badge names) that we put it beside our real name.

Mandy Mitchell
01-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Looks like I'm going after all!

YoshidaEri
01-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Looks like I'm going after all!

Who are you going as? I would love to meet you!

King Of Bandits
01-13-2006, 02:04 PM
I just got the word that I will be going but I still have not regester yet but I will in a few days.

I will be there as
kakaish from Naruto and I will be there with a friend how is cosplaying as Uchiha Itachi also from Naruto.

This will also be my seconed cosplay outfit that I have worned.

YoshidaEri
01-13-2006, 03:18 PM
I just pre-regsitered 3 passes. Now I just need to work on my costumes :)

Hazel Chaz
01-16-2006, 03:44 AM
I just got the word that I will be going but I still have not regester yet but I will in a few days.
We've extended the online pre-registration deadline until this coming Friday. Just thought you'd like to know.

We don't make a big deal of it on the form; you can add a note with what you what on your badge. Or send us an e-mail follow-up with that; that's often necessary anyway if the Paypal account you use belongs to someone else.

The system we use makes it very easy for us to change it when you pick up your badge, so don't panic -- just tell us and we'll put what you want. You can pick whether you want your fan name alone, or if you want it above or below your common name; it's easy and doesn't slow us down any long than it takes for us to type it.

It turns out that's all my fault, and I apologize. It was a mistake I made 11 and a half months ago, when I set up this year's registration system, and didn't realize I had last year's "do this next, please" page still in place. (I was starting to wonder why people kept sending us their scans this year, and it wasn't until someone mentioned seeing the page that I figured it out.) I'm really sorry it took so long for me to figure out what was going on...

Anyhow. All you have to do is tell us when you pre-register -- either in the notes field in the Paypal form, or in a separate e-mail message -- what you want on your badge, your mailing address, and if you're in school, tell us the school; if it's K-12, tell us the grade too. Then, at the convention, bring your student ID.

I'm feeling really sheepish about this, and I'm sorry to have confused so many, many people...

Ami Yuy
01-16-2006, 04:39 AM
We've extended the online pre-registration deadline until this coming Friday. Just thought you'd like to know.

We don't make a big deal of it on the form; you can add a note with what you what on your badge. Or send us an e-mail follow-up with that; that's often necessary anyway if the Paypal account you use belongs to someone else.

The system we use makes it very easy for us to change it when you pick up your badge, so don't panic -- just tell us and we'll put what you want. You can pick whether you want your fan name alone, or if you want it above or below your common name; it's easy and doesn't slow us down any long than it takes for us to type it.

It turns out that's all my fault, and I apologize. It was a mistake I made 11 and a half months ago, when I set up this year's registration system, and didn't realize I had last year's "do this next, please" page still in place. (I was starting to wonder why people kept sending us their scans this year, and it wasn't until someone mentioned seeing the page that I figured it out.) I'm really sorry it took so long for me to figure out what was going on...

Anyhow. All you have to do is tell us when you pre-register -- either in the notes field in the Paypal form, or in a separate e-mail message -- what you want on your badge, your mailing address, and if you're in school, tell us the school; if it's K-12, tell us the grade too. Then, at the convention, bring your student ID.

I'm feeling really sheepish about this, and I'm sorry to have confused so many, many people...

Lol, we actually wondered about that because of the "last edited" date. XD Thank you so much for letting us know and my friend and I just sent you guys notes about the badge names. ^_^

Anele
01-17-2006, 12:18 AM
I'm asking on behalf of a few friends of mine who will be coming into Van Nuys on the train. Will there be any hotel shuttle transport service between the station and the hotel? I remember there being service last year, but I just wanted to see if they were going to offer that again.

Gatack
01-17-2006, 01:16 AM
*waves* I got teased into going and will most liking be commuting back and forth to the con, unless a room falls into my lap!!

Honey Bunny
01-17-2006, 02:06 AM
Well since I've just come into the possession of Price is Right tickets I'll be showing up for Anime LA as well.

Eurobeat King
01-17-2006, 02:18 AM
Well since I've just come into the possession of Price is Right tickets I'll be showing up for Anime LA as well.

Ooo.. 2 fun-events for you! :) Good to see you again, since it seemed like yesterday Yaoicon was here. hehe Are you planning on cosplaying?

Hazel Chaz
01-17-2006, 03:08 AM
I'm asking on behalf of a few friends of mine who will be coming into Van Nuys on the train. Will there be any hotel shuttle transport service between the station and the hotel? I remember there being service last year, but I just wanted to see if they were going to offer that again.
Yes, if you're checking into the hotel, you can call the hotel when you get to the Van Nuys station and they'll come out and pick you up.

Chaz

AFadingDream
01-17-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there, and in case anyone hasn't looked at it, check out the thread for the Rum Party! Can't wait to see you all at con!

Honey Bunny
01-18-2006, 02:50 AM
I think that I'll be bringing Fumi and Raruku. Something easy and light because I won't have much trunk space to spare >_<

Eurobeat King
01-18-2006, 04:26 AM
I think that I'll be bringing Fumi and Raruku. Something easy and light because I won't have much trunk space to spare >_<

Refresh my memory again.. which one are those costumes? :thumbsup:

Dany
01-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Boo. :)

It appears that myself and my significant other will be coming to this convention. We won't be getting in until probably late Friday, but we'll be getting there.

I'm going to bring my D costume down, as that's really all I want to try to haul about, and will wear him Saturday daytime. Sunday night, I think I'll be walking around a bit more casual in a last-minute ghetto Witch Hunter Robin costume pieced together from my closet. :) Unless I manage to make some things up between now and then.

I won't be carrying signs, but I might have my ball-joint doll boy (sadly, not dressed as Amon, though that would be kind of funny, now that I think of it).

If you think it's me, it might be. Say hello, just don't glomp the D costume, as it's pointy and you'll lose an eye :D

aznbassplayer
01-21-2006, 02:46 AM
my friend invited me to come w/ her. i'll be one of the very few to not wear a costume. i haven't started on any costumes cuz of skool..but i have a keyblade!

stefaniecat
01-21-2006, 03:23 PM
my friend invited me to come w/ her. i'll be one of the very few to not wear a costume. i haven't started on any costumes cuz of skool..but i have a keyblade!

And a very nice keyblade it is ^^

My boyfriend and I will be attending. We've both got confirmation in the mail of our passes, and the hotel is booked... Yea! My first real vacation in ages!

YoshidaEri
01-21-2006, 06:08 PM
I got mine and my husband's passes in the mail today, but not my husband's friend's pass, who has the same address :/

R.Cutie
01-21-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm going ^_^ And may end up bringing a friend which will be cool. First con in awhile and I'm sure I'll have fun! Costumes are still being decided on XDDD

stefaniecat
01-21-2006, 10:21 PM
I got mine and my husband's passes in the mail today, but not my husband's friend's pass, who has the same address :/

I got mine in the mail 3 days after my boyfriend got his, and we only live about a mile apart... and I actually purchased mine before his (though only by several minutes apart). /shrugs

I figured that if i never got my mailed confirmation I'd at least print out the paypal verifications ^^

YoshidaEri
01-24-2006, 01:56 PM
I still haven't gotten his pass.

I hope I can still come, me and the husband are fighting and I just did something bad to my foot(I don't think it's broken, but I can't walk right now and it hurts bad, may go to the Emergency Room this afternoon)

Hazel Chaz
01-26-2006, 03:56 AM
I got mine in the mail 3 days after my boyfriend got his, and we only live about a mile apart... and I actually purchased mine before his (though only by several minutes apart). /shrugs

I figured that if i never got my mailed confirmation I'd at least print out the paypal verifications ^^
You don't actually need to bring the confirmation postcard -- we just send that out so you know we're in our computer.

And if you paid but didn't get a postcard, use our website (http://www.animelosangeles.org/anime-la/2006/InfoReg.php) to see if you're in our database. If you're in there, then you're all set. (Just bring your student ID or report card or equivalent if you joined at the student rate.)

Somebody sent me a PM asking how late Registration's open. Pre-reg badge pickup will probably be open until 7:30 pm on Thursday; on Friday and Saturday, Registration will be open from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm.

EDIT: ADDED ANOTHER NOTE

Someone wrote saying the name printed on her postcard isn't how it's supposed to be spelled, or not how she wants it printed on her badge anyway. That's easy to fix -- mention it when you get to the head of the line, and we'll retype it before we print the label for your badge. (We can even fix it if you notice it after your label's been printed, but we don't waste a label if we catch it quickly enough.)

Chaz

Tifa on a Cloud
01-26-2006, 08:24 AM
I'll be there as well.

gilbaud
01-26-2006, 01:57 PM
ill be there too :)

Mistress09
01-26-2006, 03:54 PM

Awesome, we must catch up and grab some photos together. And yeah, thanks for the midget act outside my door at 2AM.

Hazel Chaz
01-26-2006, 05:52 PM
If you're under 18, and you plan to volunteer or enter the masquerade, we'll need your parent or guardian's signature on the appropriate forms. You can print the PDF file and bring it to the convention.

Masquerade entry forms (http://www.animelosangeles.org/anime-la/2006/pdf/masqforms.pdf)

Volunteer release form (http://www.animelosangeles.org/anime-la/2006/pdf/volunteer-form.pdf)

Many high schools now have a community-service clause for graduation. We are a non-profit organization, which usually qualifies; if you'd like such credit for your volunteer hours, be sure to bring the appropriate form from your school.

By the way, speaking of PDFs, the Program Schedule (http://www.animelosangeles.org/anime-la/2006/sched/) is online now. You can look at the whole weekend on one web page, you can go to the web page for just one day, or you can print out the 4-page PDF we printed the Pocket Programs with. We also have program participant bios that you can print out.

Atsushi
01-26-2006, 11:37 PM
yea seriously i cant wait either =D pictures galore ^o^

i love to see what people come cosplay as

i just started cosplaying myself... hopefully i can learn some stuff =D