PDA

View Full Version : Feats And Accomplishments

Rey-Rey
01-21-2003, 01:10 PM
OMG, I started ANOTHER serious topic.

What accomplishment are you very proud of in this whole time you've played video games?

Consider these "rules", please.

1. No game ENHANCING (Game Sharks, Genies, Level Selects if you were trying to beat the game, etc.).
2. Almost like No. 1 but, preferrably, no "baby-sitters" (strategy guides).
3. Not a lot of people have done it.

I won't kill you if you consider beating FFVII a personal accomplishment but I'd love to see something special in this topic. ^__^ Then again, if FFVII was the first RPG you ever played... and then defeated... then I can give you your props. ^__^ v

Brag away, people. =D

psythe
01-21-2003, 01:18 PM
Getting 100% complete on Gran Truismo 3. The S license was a b1tc#!!

Lil Dreamer
01-21-2003, 01:25 PM
i beat Ninja Gaiden 1!!! who0 tah!!!!

Nipple. :)

BannSidhe
01-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Rey-Rey
OMG, I started ANOTHER serious topic.

What accomplishment are you very proud of in this whole time you've played video games?

Consider these "rules", please.

1. No game ENHANCING (Game Sharks, Genies, Level Selects if you were trying to beat the game, etc.).
2. Almost like No. 1 but, preferrably, no "baby-sitters" (strategy guides).
3. Not a lot of people have done it.

I won't kill you if you consider beating FFVII a personal accomplishment but I'd love to see something special in this topic. ^__^ Then again, if FFVII was the first RPG you ever played... and then defeated... then I can give you your props. ^__^ v

Brag away, people. =D

Beating Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 with no continues. (first time I did it with my NES Advantage to get the feel of the bosses...then could do it normally.)

Beating both Golgo 13's with no continues.

Actually sat through and beat Night Trap.

Beating Shining Force in one night. (First all nighter I ever pulled)

Actually was on stage at the first Nintendo Championship tours...and because I was underage and was told I had to leave EXACTLY at 5pm, was dominating the compeition and then intentionally blew 3 tetrises in a row to lose so I wouldn't get grounded by my father. (Later I *was* grounded by my father for giving up and missing out on a possible trip for the family!)

Games played: Rad Racer (I beleive it was Rad, only one I'm unsure of.) A specialized Super Mario Bros, and Tetris. I did it on 30 mins of sleep, after having played Shining Force all night with my friends on my birthday.

BannSidhe
01-21-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Lil Dreamer
i beat Ninja Gaiden 1!!! who0 tah!!!!

wench...you stole mine! ;) but did you beat 2?! (I got partially through 3...it came out when my NES was dead...need to play it more.)

BannSidhe
01-21-2003, 01:43 PM
O, can't forget the Starfox championships and coming in 2nd in my area! :)

Rey-Rey
01-21-2003, 01:45 PM
People have mentioned that TMNT for NES is one of the most difficult games EVER. But, um, I beat it. O_o And if you get the magic scrolls weapon, it actually makes it easier to defeat. And while the whole game was challenging, Shredder was such a letdown. -_-

I wonder who has actually beaten these games...

1. Target: Earth (Genesis)
2. BattleToads (NES)
3. Gaiares (Genesis)

Those are three DIFFICULT games. -_-* I haven't beaten any of 'em so I wonder who in this earth has. -_-*

On other accomplishments, I'm pretty proud to go through Super Mario Bros. without warping and without losing my fireballs. Yay.

BannSidhe
01-21-2003, 01:47 PM
[B]

2. BattleToads (NES)

me :)

Nietsche
01-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Games played: Rad Racer (I beleive it was Rad, only one I'm unsure of.) A specialized Super Mario Bros, and Tetris. I did it on 30 mins of sleep, after having played Shining Force all night with my friends on my birthday.

How did ya manage to do this? I mean play Shining force with your friends... ^_^ I hadn't realised that was possible...

Lafiel
01-21-2003, 01:53 PM
Seventh Saga for SNES.
That game was boring at times, and a Pain in the butt if another NPC stole your Runes. I also heard a rumor some of the cartirages were unfinishable. DOn't know a lot of people who had the patience to beat that thing.

Celine
01-21-2003, 01:58 PM
I finished Star Ocean 2 on Universe Mode with my characters on the maximum level (for those of you who haven't played SO2, levels go far beyond 99!) and with Indalecio's Limiter turned off. I completed the whole Cave of Trials too, so I could get all the skills and items. I used to be obsessed~!

BannSidhe
01-21-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Nietsche
How did ya manage to do this? I mean play Shining force with your friends... ^_^ I hadn't realised that was possible...

We were solving the puzzles and stuff and switching off if we had our hands hurting...was 3 of us :)

Rey-Rey
01-21-2003, 02:03 PM
I'm begging for someone to put out their Skate Or Die 2 scores. =O

Lil Dreamer
01-21-2003, 02:05 PM
i beat 7th Saga, Lafiel. with all 7 (or was it 8??) characters.

i also beat Saga Frontier 2. for those that never made it to the end boss, as the Strategy Guide for the game so graciously put it: "Even at the maximum level of your characters, this boss takes LUCK to beat."

i also beat Ikaruga with 6 credits. booya!!

Erilan
01-21-2003, 02:47 PM
I currently have a HUGE winning streak with Roy in SSBM. No other human has defeated me in FFA when I choose Roy since September. :bigtu:

In Earthbound, I found two Swords of Kings. :toothy:

This isn't my accomplishment, but a friend in my class at college is number one on the USEast 2v2 ladder for Warcraft 3. He writes strategy articles for a Warcraft 3 site and earns $100 per article! :eek: His name is Ceron. :bigtu:

BannSidhe
01-21-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Erilan
[B]I currently have a HUGE winning streak with Roy in SSBM. No other human has defeated me in FFA when I choose Roy since September. :bigtu:

I rule with jigglypuff!

JIGGLY PUFFF!

John Booty
01-21-2003, 03:40 PM

I wonder who has actually beaten these games...

1. Target: Earth (Genesis)
2. BattleToads (NES)
3. Gaiares (Genesis)

Those are three DIFFICULT games. -_-* I haven't beaten any of 'em so I wonder who in this earth has. -_-*

Yo, Target Earth was AWESOME. I love you just for reminding me of that game! Well, it wasn't the best game or anything, but it was very unique and cool. I loved Cybernator but none of the other follow-ups seemed to be on systems I owned.

I'm pretty sure I beat Target Earth and Gaiares, but I'm not really sure! I owned them sooooo long ago that I can't remember for sure if I beat them or if I cheated.

John Booty
01-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Accomplishments? Hmmm. Probably dragon-punching through Bannsidhe's Hell Murders. Not the hugest accomplishment ever, but vastly satisfying. ^_____^

BannSidhe
01-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by John Booty
Accomplishments? Hmmm. Probably dragon-punching through Bannsidhe's Hell Murders. Not the hugest accomplishment ever, but vastly satisfying. ^_____^

BLAH...not JUSt dragon punching through...you also managed a grab through it one time...SOMEHOW.

Yui
01-22-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Celine
I finished Star Ocean 2 on Universe Mode with my characters on the maximum level (for those of you who haven't played SO2, levels go far beyond 99!) and with Indalecio's Limiter turned off. I completed the whole Cave of Trials too, so I could get all the skills and items. I used to be obsessed~!

You sound like my sister, Celine. She starts to tear up if I even am listening to 'mission to deep space' and pleads for me to "shut it off, good god, shut it off!" I had been playing SO2 previously, Aston and Claude around 125 or so, and I was incredulous that Indalecio so easily was slaughtering everyone, everytime. So, she started working on it, and we discovered the levels do indeed go about double that. Yeah, even without the Limiter, the last battle's nothing compared to the cave, even with the increasing modes. It's kinda sad since we got to the point that we'd know the exact number of steps it'd be before the next battle....

Yeah, but both of us are rather of the "must get every treasure box/weapon/skill/character/monster" mentality for any RPG. That's why I haven't played anything but Smash Bros Melee for a while. It's just too stressful for RPG work right now. ^_-*

Hmm. I guess my accomplishment is that I got through the stories (such as some of them could be called stories) of all seven main characters of SaGa Frontier, including getting both Emelia's endings, all three of Asellus's, and ending the game with Rouge instead of Blue - without going insane, and without any sort of guide other than a few random ramblings from a lunatic down the hall. I only got DSC with Liza and Annie, tho, and accidentally cuz I never figured out exactly what skills it required. And no one knows what I'm talking about, cuz nobody plays SaGa, or admits to it. ^_^* That was back when I was lonely, bored and quaranteened in the dorms, so I seriously had nothing better to do. ::end geeky b-rated RPG talk::

herominus
01-22-2003, 01:50 AM
At one point I had EVERY materia in FF7 Mastered. Too bad that my memory card suddenly decided to erase itself :(

ChibiMoFo
01-22-2003, 01:56 AM
I don't remember my old games much, but I know I beat ninja gaiden 1&2 @_@ I beat target earth but I think there was some ez cheat for it hehe. I remember kung-fu on nes was tuff to beat, so was ghosts and ghouls. My cousin reminded me about beating SF2 double perfect on M. bison, on hard mode with E. honda who sux :O

Recently I guess getting a top score a few times on halo using only the melee attack against all my friends that actually own the game hehe.

I played ninja gaiden a month ago and got killed on the 1st lvl :O
I think I'd really suck on all those 1 hit=death games now.

tydawgsd
01-23-2003, 02:11 AM
Hey I remeber Saga Frontier! That game was cool. I remember the Dream Super Combo (DSC) too, but I forgot how to get it.

I beat Battletoads. I also beat 7th saga with all the characters.

Like many RPG fans I got every Chrono Trigger ending.

However my greatest feat is from long ago: I am one of the few the proud, those who beat the Original Final Fantasy with FOUR WHITE MAGES.
Yes, you read that right four white mages, and beating FF with no cheats.

PretearWink
01-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Accomplishements? Hmm...

I beat House of the Dead at the arcade, that cost me like 20 bucks in quarters, but I did it^____^

I beat Ruby Weapon on my first try...I think it was more of an accident than anything else, I didn't even know what the red thing in the sand was o.o

Beating Sephiroth in KH...he was friggan hard!

Playing and beating all of the Legend of Zelda games.....those old ones, especially 2, were so hard and soooooo long -_-

Getting through Suikoden and being so anal I actually got ALL the characters XD

I think that's it ^^

BannSidhe
01-23-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by PretearWink

Playing and beating all of the Legend of Zelda games.....those old ones, especially 2, were so hard and soooooo long -_-

heheh never found any of the Zelda games that hard ;)

Rey-Rey
01-27-2003, 12:13 PM
Castle Of Illusion and Shadow Dancer for Genesis WITHOUT DYING! HA!! >=D

Woof. >=D 2Kay3. >=D

enishi
01-27-2003, 12:41 PM
The second quest of the original NES Zelda. ^_^