PDA

View Full Version : One Week Away!

Tsukasa_1
07-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Hi!
The officall countdown starts, we're just a little over a week away from Northern Anime Festival 2005! I am very excited and can't wait to see you all there!

Got any last minute questions, nows your chance to get them answered!!!

Seed-chan
07-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Heh, may I ask for full transit details for going from Union station to the convention grounds? (I understand we can only take the train to Pickering, and then we should transfer onto a bus to Oshawa Station. But which bus and is it free? And then I have no clue of how to head from Oshawa Station to the College grounds... An estimated travel time would also be helpful ^^; )

Kia
07-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Heh, may I ask for full transit details for going from Union station to the convention grounds? (I understand we can only take the train to Pickering, and then we should transfer onto a bus to Oshawa Station. But which bus and is it free? And then I have no clue of how to head from Oshawa Station to the College grounds... An estimated travel time would also be helpful ^^; )
I second that, since I get the feeling I'm going to get very lost on my way ...

Tsukasa_1
07-14-2005, 09:09 PM
From pickering go station their will be a shuttle bus labled "Oshawa" that you can get on (if all else fails ask the driver to verify were he is going)- from the oshawa go station you can transfer onto a bus titled "Yorkdale", and you will be getting off that bus at the Oshawa Bus Terminal- from there you will be walking west on bond street until you reach simcoe and you will walk a a min or so north on simcoe till you reach a bus stop- and you will get on the "1 Simcoe" bus.

Additional Information reguarding Oshawa Transit can be found on:
http://www.oshawa.ca/com_res/osh_tran.asp?quicklink=11

When you get your tickets make sure you ask for a ticket to oshawa- thus it will cover all the in between GO BUSES, but once you transfer onto the 1 Simcoe North bus you will have to pay an additional $2.00 (or $1.75 for students?), but you will not have to pay for any of the go buses if you ticket is for oshawa.

I hope this helps you out- let me know if you need any other info :)

Mekou
07-15-2005, 01:58 AM
Just a note to everyone, if you're afraid of getting lost then PM me and I'll give you my home phone number, since my family will be able to help you if you need it. =)

And the simplest way, is to just ask the bus drivers how to get the college. They're know which bus to take.

Ochika
07-17-2005, 11:17 AM
is everyone excited ^_^! 6 days left~~~~ im glade my costumes already done XD wee happy times

arnoct
07-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Just to correct a previous post--it's only 50 cents to transfer from the Go Bus to the Oshawa Transit. The bus you want to take is the 1 simcoe northbound towards durham college. You have to simply show your go ticket and it's 50 cents. Since I'm horrible with directions you might want to ask someone where to catch the 1 simcoe, but simcoe street is right at the bus station so you shouldn't have any problems. Also, I believe during the day it runs every 15 minutes.

Also, the 1 simcoe does its LAST trip out of the college at 11:55PM. From 7:55 onwards it's only hourly, so keep that in mind. If the dance hasn't finished by 11:30, I will be making an announcement reminding people that the last bus is 11:55 :p

[edit] Also note that the 1 simcoe is the ONLY bus you can take from the college to get you back to the go station without doing eleventy billion transfers.

Tsukasa_1
07-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Aaron, your post is incorrect- Oshawa transit only offers those fairs on their Go station shuttle routes.

arnoct
07-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Really? I've had no problem before transferring from the go train to other routes.

Although, they may have changed it with the recent schedule change. Bank for $2 (or $1.75 if you're a student,) but ask if it's cheaper to transfer.