PDA

View Full Version : Blah...What to make? Any costume suggestions?

marsie
01-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Hey all, I have a couple of Con's to go to this year.
ShoujoCon and CollosalCon. Does anyone have any suggestions on what is not TOO over done.

I am confident with a sewing machine so feel free to blast out any cosutme.

psythe
01-21-2003, 01:58 PM
It's ultimately up to you, not us. So ask yourself these questions. What series do you like? What are your favorite characters from those series? Do any of them have a cool costume that you would like to do? That will help you narrow it down to a handful of characters instead of the whole anime world. Then list those here, and we can help you if you haven't chosen one yet ^^v

Hope this helps :D

marsie
01-21-2003, 02:36 PM
See that is the problem. I have already done all of my favorite characters. ;_;

The ones I haven't done. (ie Naru from Love Hina) doesn't seem like that much of a challenge.

I am a short, medium build girl, and I don't know what else is out there.

What I have done:
Sailor Mars
Rei-chan School outfit (BSSM)
Yuna from FFX
Utena School Uniform (boy one)
Akane from Ranma 1/2
Tohru from Fruits Basket

What I haven't done but am scared to death to try:
Rei's Plug Suit EVA
Rose Bride Utena
Yuri/ Angel Lily from Wedding Peach

Someone just suggested this....
Tama-chan from Love Hina
Any suggestions on how to do that costume that doesn't involve me in a HUGE Turtle outfit?

lialia
01-21-2003, 02:39 PM
hmm how about seeD uniform selphie? i dont think i ever heard neone doing that one?

TheLoneWolf
01-21-2003, 03:51 PM
plenty of ppl have.I found a few at cosplaylab.com...........(note: this is NOT self-post aggrandizement) if you like the FF girls,I've got pix of their alternate costumes in my post in the games section titles "FFX-2 Costume Changes"

marsie
01-21-2003, 08:47 PM
As much as I would love to do another FF outfit, I already have one planned for ShoujoCon so I kinda wanna stay in anime for this Cosplay.

If I look at those pictures once more, I will make a Rikku Warrior outfit, and that is VERY bad. But thanks for the great screencaps

Does anyone think that Chii has been over done? I have never seen the anime, so I am kinda weary of doing a costume.

What does everyone think? Chii? Over done?

pchan
01-22-2003, 09:53 AM
Chii is very overdone, at my last con I saw so many, I got disy. The funny thing is, is that I too, was debating on being Chii. Good thing I did'nt. I would have rather seen a Rikku Warrior costume, rather than another Chii... Now that I think about it I did see a few Rikkus, but none in that costume.

Babbit_Chan
01-22-2003, 10:01 AM
Chii IS overdone, but if you do it, it would be nice to see an outfit no one else has done ^^

marsie
01-22-2003, 10:31 AM
But see that is the problem. I have seen a lot done. ^^;

I wonder if anyone has done her pajama's...

Mink
01-22-2003, 11:28 AM
She is overdone, yet I find myself constantly looking for a cute outfit of hers. Its just that there are so few really elegant anime characters and she has so many great outfits, well I just cant help myself. So go for it if thats what you want.

Im working on Anthy's dress right now from the Utena movie, so speaking from experiance its not too too hard.....definatly a challenge, but if your up to it its worth it.

And hey, do you have a pic of you as Utena (boy outfit)? Im making that for myself now too and I am just looking for some more reference pics...let me know if you have some Id really appreciate it!

pchan
01-25-2003, 11:01 PM
I started to do a Utena, but gave up. I could't quite finish in time,

and never got around to finishing it. Utena's a great costume that

isn't too overdone, to bad you've already done that one. I'm

gonna say you should do Chii. She is overdone, but it's such

a great costume.

TheLoneWolf
01-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Why don't you try a warrior or white mage Yuna or, (if you feel especially confident) a Gambler Rikku or Leblanc?
Animewise,you could try a dot hack cosplay,a scryed cosplay,a groove adventure rave cosplay....or wait! a Macross Zero cosplay!

pchan
01-25-2003, 11:47 PM
yes... a macross cosplay!!! if your worried about an overdone costume i wouldnt go with the white mage yuna...
For every 1 Chii there are 2 Yuna

TheLoneWolf
01-26-2003, 11:51 AM
BTW,I'm not talking about those old-skool macross outfits,I'm talking about the very pretty tribal dresses the girls (Mao and whats-her-name) are wearing,or,you could try Cheza from Wolf's Rain:
http://www.wolfs-rain.com/chara_cheza.html

~edit~
Why her is because Wolf's Rain is a very new anime,so,for sure,no-one has cosplayed her (to my best guess....at least,no-one in the states)
For Macross Zero,go to:
http://www.macross.co.jp/zero/
Then to Gallery > CHaracter >

Nora Polyansky
Sara Nome
Mao Nome

Click on "open Viewer" under their little mug shot to get their character designs.

Cocoa
01-26-2003, 01:29 PM
If you like CLAMP stuff, there are tons of different outfits for Sakura from CCS that I haven't seen done. Most people do outfits from the anime, but there are tons of outfits in the manga artbooks that are really neat. Tokyo Babylon also has lots of outfits that haven't been done, mostly because it's an older series. Can you tell I love CLAMP stuff ^^?
-Cocoa

Tenjou
01-26-2003, 01:36 PM
Well, if you do Chii I'll try to get mine done for SC so we can have a photo! ^_^ But I think you could maybe do Princess Mars if it isn't too difficult? ^^; Just an idea.