PDA

View Full Version : EBK Presents : San Diego Comic Con 2005 Pictures

Eurobeat King
07-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Hey everyone,

I managed to take as many photos as I could on the first of 4 busy (if you want to call it that) days at SDCC 2005, and you can check out what I'm uploading/ what I've uploaded here:

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=20547&member=18

Even though I took over 500 pictures today on Day 1, I missed a lot of costumes, but managed to get what I could, and do photoshoots of some of my friends. Hopefully the people I missed will wear their costumes again the rest of the weekend. :)

Please enjoy the pictures, and hopefully I'll be able to post more tomorrow (Friday) evening! :skidude2:

Gowa-chan
07-15-2005, 11:34 PM
~boogies for the Naruto gathering pictures~
I'm the insane Anko :3

Eurobeat King
07-16-2005, 04:05 AM
UPDATE: Finished posting all 700+ pics from Friday, and you can check them out here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?userid=18&cat=20631&sort=7

Mainly a lot of photoshoots of friends, c.com members, and some cosplayers I've met before at SDCC's, and the Rebel Legion gathering in the morning (cci05-506 and on..)

Tomorrow is the BIG-DAY with the 501st gathering and the masquerade, so I don't know if I'll have time (or ENERGY) in the evening to post any pictures, so please be patient when I get back on Monday to SF to continue posting pictures. Until then, enjoy what I've posted!! :skidude2:

Pillowchii
07-17-2005, 02:30 AM
It was lovely running into you!!!!! I'm the Bloodrayne Comic's unofficial ayne "mascot" (hehe) so I can look forward to seeing you at ons in the future. It was so odd, I was only able to go to Comicon one day and as you said, the odds of running into ANYone were so small! I'm glad I got to see ya ^-^ Have fun the rest of the weekend!!!!

Chibi Plush Toy
07-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Thanks for taking my pics Al ^^ sorry i was so bratty yesterday...was in a really bad mood, probably still am. Well, hope to see ya next year or so.

CinsAngel
07-17-2005, 11:57 PM
It really was awsome getting a mo' to stop and talk to you for a change, Al. Usually its one of those 'Hey you!" As we run in opposet directions;)
Thanks for the great pictures of my Kim Possible costume. You really made me look fab! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics you took at the con!

Cins

ACXchan
07-18-2005, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the pictures too Al, sorry I kept running all over the place on Friday ;-;! I really like the Lucifer pictures and you did manage to take close ups of the Demon Constantine that make me happy XD

Eurobeat King
07-18-2005, 03:47 AM
Made it back to the BayArea in 8.5 hours, and the posting of the pictures will resume tomorrow night after a good night's sleep and once the galleries go back up. Please expect Saturday's pictures to start going up tomorrow evening after 7:00pm, and hopefully I should post all of them within one night. And then Sunday's pictures will go up on Tuesday.

Thanks to everyone who I was able to see ifeversobriefly for the one or few times during the course of the weekend, and sorry if I missed your costume(s) this weekend. Definitely enjoyed AX more, since there were more opportunities to find cosplayers and do photoshoots, as SDCC is larger but there are more con-attendees rather than cosplayers at this con.. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the pictures I've posted so far, and please be patient as I u/l the rest starting tomorrow evening.. :skidude2:

hello kenney
07-18-2005, 04:00 AM
i have to hand it to you al, you did an astonishing job. i cant imagine how you found so many cosplayers in such a huge and densely populated environment.

so whats your secret? clones? time travel?

Eurobeat King
07-18-2005, 04:27 AM
i have to hand it to you al, you did an astonishing job. i cant imagine how you found so many cosplayers in such a huge and densely populated environment.

so whats your secret? clones? time travel?

Thanks for the compliment, HK. :) Your pictures are amazing as well! *applause* SDCC is tough to get pics of people, since the size of the con as well as the placement of the booths. If you stick around the StarWars Lego & Master Replicas booth, you'll get mainly pics of SW cosplayers. On the otherhand, if you go by the DC or Marvel booth, you'll find the respective cosplayers hanging around there. Unfortunately, the Stargate, Aliens, and StarTrek booths were placed at the wayyyy end of Hall A (booth 100-200) so you'd have to walk all the way there to look for those cosplayers, and if you did, you may miss out on the cosplayers that may be at the other end of the convention hall for a short time.. :(

My new camera allowed me to stay in the convention center all day w/o having to go back n' forth to the Hyatt to switch rechargable batteries, so that allowed me more energy to stay within the area. However, the only food I had to go on were rice krispies & granola bars for the duration of the day :thumbsup: Room-service at the end of the day was worth the cost.. hehe

Xaila
07-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Seeing all these photos makes me crazy happy and I love it. You caught alot of people. Hell it looks like you could have gotten almost everyone. Hahaha... the photos are just bling. Shiny gold and it was a delight meeting you along with Suzushi-chan and the others.

I bow to your awesome photo-fu. :love:

Suzushichan
07-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Made it back to the BayArea in 8.5 hours, and the posting of the pictures will resume tomorrow night after a good night's sleep and once the galleries go back up. Please expect Saturday's pictures to start going up tomorrow evening after 7:00pm, and hopefully I should post all of them within one night. And then Sunday's pictures will go up on Tuesday.

Thanks to everyone who I was able to see ifeversobriefly for the one or few times during the course of the weekend, and sorry if I missed your costume(s) this weekend. Definitely enjoyed AX more, since there were more opportunities to find cosplayers and do photoshoots, as SDCC is larger but there are more con-attendees rather than cosplayers at this con.. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the pictures I've posted so far, and please be patient as I u/l the rest starting tomorrow evening.. :skidude2:

gald to hear that you made it back alright. ^_^ You really go the extra mile for the cons you attend and it shows how dedicated you are to what you do. I respect you for that. is there anything you CAN'T do? ;)
thanks for being there, and i will continue to make beautiful costumes for you to take many pictures of.

~suzushi :cool:

L to the 3rd
07-18-2005, 02:40 PM
It was really good to see you at comic-con Al. Great photos! Thanks for taking pics of me too. I can't wait to see em.

Eurobeat King
07-19-2005, 04:35 AM
UPDATE: Finished posting all of Saturday's pictures, and you can view them here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?userid=18&cat=20843&sort=7

Tomorrow I'll post Sunday's pictures, and since there was about 600 pictures (mainly of booth displays and some cosplayers & photoshoots I had) they'll all be done by tomorrow night. So please enjoy the pictures I've posted up to Sunday, and I appreciate your patience as I wrap up SDCC2005's pictures!

SCLNeptune
07-19-2005, 05:00 AM
Al, I fruggin love you for all the Disney Princess shots, thank you so much I saved them all and will credit you if I display them anywhere

Kentelo
07-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the compliment, HK. :) Your pictures are amazing as well! *applause* SDCC is tough to get pics of people, since the size of the con as well as the placement of the booths.

Al,

I was up with you all last night (till about 2:30 am) as you were uploading Saturday Pics: It appears that you stopped shooting at the Masq photo-op area at entry number 44. Unfortunately for my group, we were number 48. We were the Van Helsing group that won Judge's Choice. :blubber: Last year when my group totally sucked there were tons of photos of us all over Cosplay: This year with our success there doesn't appear to be a single shot anywhere!

Well great job anyway: you can't get everybody.

Eurobeat King
07-19-2005, 10:44 AM
Kentelo: My deepest apologies to you and your Hellsing group.. *bows* After Saturday night I realized that I let myself down because after standing in the press-photo area for a while, I had to take a break. So when the DangerGirl group started to go onto that stage area, and it took a while for them to be placed on there due to their numbers, I went backstage to have a seat and rest for a bit. After that it got more hectic with the announcing of the winners, people dashing off to change after all the winners were announced, etc.

I do apologize again for not getting any pictures of you & your group, and I do hope you find pictures from other members and sites. I congratulate you on a great job, and promise to get pics of your group next year! :)

Dany
07-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Great as always, Al :) Scary D goodness in there!

Wolfgirl
07-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Hehe al thanks for taking such good pics of the gargoyle costume. The wings where soposed to go up and down but i was really nervous and kept forgetting to pull the cord in the back that made them do that

kelldar
07-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Awesome Al! thanks for taking pics as always... see you at Dragoncon!! :)

Dre
07-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Al,
You have such a huge and commendable repertoire of beautiful photography of cosplayers, and as a fan, finally meeting you was such an honor and a privelage. You may not remember me, but I had appeared as Iori Yagami in Suzushi's cosplay group on Thursday. I understand that your voyage to San Diego was long and strenuous and as a traveler myself, I feel your pain (many road trips to New York and back only asks for lack of sleep and many cookies being devoured)! Keep up the good work, and I'll be back, and better and sooner than you expect!

Much Love,
Dre

7-13

berrylish
07-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Wow, so many nice pictures. How many memory cards do you have?! I'm a newb to photography and I was a little shy at first about asking people if I can take their picture so I didn't get that many. But next year I'll go hard core like you :toothy:

Eurobeat King
07-20-2005, 03:13 AM
FINAL UPDATE: FInished posting all of Sunday's pictures, and you can check them out here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=348769

Thanks again for those who posed for me, and again I apologize if I missed your costume(s.) I'll make sure I do better next time, so see you then or at another con before SDCC 2006!

BlueLady
07-20-2005, 10:00 AM
you caught me in my poofyness... haha
lovely seeing you again..and again and again XD

grandis
07-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Thanks, Al. Nice shots! I really like the Hogwarts uniform ones. :)

Grandis

systemerror5150
07-28-2005, 01:18 PM
FINAL UPDATE: FInished posting all of Sunday's pictures, and you can check them out here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=348769

That link doesn't go to Sunday's gallery. Instead it goes to this picture http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=348769 in this gallery http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=17772&userid=18

Here's the correct link for Sunday http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=20905&userid=18

Eurobeat King
07-28-2005, 02:33 PM
The galleries sometimes have a habit of doing that. After I finished posting (what I thought would be) the last photo for that day, the link went to the first page of Sunday's pictures. Then I u/l'd a few more pictures (omake pics or 1-2 experimenting with a watermark logo that a friend made for me) and then perhaps the original link got messed up to show just one pic instead of the day's pics. Thanks for posting that btw.. I think I am truly done with SDCC 2005 and it's time to move on to the next con.. ;)