PDA

View Full Version : My new Rosiel CG


TsukiGuujin
01-21-2003, 03:17 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=20117

This is the new Rosiel CG that I did. GUUUUH! His hair took, like, FOUR HOURS to do. So annoying.

Anyway. I hope people likey it. ^^

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Miroku
01-21-2003, 11:41 PM
The Member Artwork board seems to be struggling in regards to artists getting feedback on their posts. (I know from experience) So I will take it upon myself to give appropriate feedback on this board from now on, whether you have been drawing for ten days or ten years. That having been said, onto the critique!


Overall I really like your piece. I particularly think you did a good job on the hair, both in its style and color. The clothing looks nice too. The silver bracelets need some work though. And the main weak area of the artwork is the eyes, and nose. They just dont seem to have had as much time put into them as the other parts. But otherwise, very good :)

TsukiGuujin
01-22-2003, 12:01 AM
His hair took four hours. *faints*

It's my style that makes the eyes that way...the nose gave me trouble, so I gave up. ^^;;;

Noses are a pain. *hates them* I just shoved bracelts on there. *cheated, woo!*

Thanks for the critique, though, I really appreciate it!

***SHAMELESS PROMOTER OF ARTWORK***

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Miroku
01-22-2003, 12:07 AM
Your welcome. Keep working at those eyes, and the nose and your work will only get better. Im sure you can do it.

Aya Mikage
01-22-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Miroku
The Member Artwork board seems to be struggling in regards to artists getting feedback on their posts. (I know from experience)



some people dont reply to posts if its a waist of time^^ you see, some tend to look for good art^^hehe, not things like "omg!!i drew something!!tell me how wonderfull it is!"
and withthat being said,

i really like the hair!!! ^.^ oooh! but the nose looks wierd*,*

TsukiGuujin
01-22-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Aya Mikage
i really like the hair!!! ^.^ oooh! but the nose looks wierd*,*

EEE! Glad you like it. That nose gave me trouble. I so gave up on it. *laugh* I'll try harder next time on noses. ^^

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Miroku
01-23-2003, 04:47 AM
some people dont reply to posts if its a waist of time^^ you see, some tend to look for good art^^hehe, not things like "omg!!i drew something!!tell me how wonderfull it is!"

Im sorry you consider posting in reply to anyones artwork a waste of time. Discrimination based on the fact that the artist might only want praise is no reason not to reply with a constructive analysis of the piece that was posted. In fact you have posted many a piece on this board that have been in the same vein as "Omg!! I drew something!" and havent recieved anything but glowing praise from the people who were kind enough to reply(except of course Maryssa's well thought out critiques)

Each artist is different and unique, and we should be celebrating those differences. Not ignoring them because we think they are beneath us due to the false status we have been handed by others. Everyone deserves equally to have their artwork commented on, even if it is horrible by your standards. To the artist, it might be the best they can do, and more importantly they might have had fun while drawing it.

An encouraging remark coupled with an analysis of the artists work serves to reinforce them to continue drawing, and to try and top themselves in their next piece.

Being an art snob is not going to help anyone here to better their drawing skills.

TsukiGuujin
01-23-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Miroku
Im sorry you consider posting in reply to anyones artwork a waste of time. Discrimination based on the fact that the artist might only want praise is no reason not to reply with a constructive analysis of the piece that was posted. In fact you have posted many a piece on this board that have been in the same vein as "Omg!! I drew something!" and havent recieved anything but glowing praise from the people who were kind enough to reply(except of course Maryssa's well thought out critiques)

Each artist is different and unique, and we should be celebrating those differences. Not ignoring them because we think they are beneath us due to the false status we have been handed by others. Everyone deserves equally to have their artwork commented on, even if it is horrible by your standards. To the artist, it might be the best they can do, and more importantly they might have had fun while drawing it.

An encouraging remark coupled with an analysis of the artists work serves to reinforce them to continue drawing, and to try and top themselves in their next piece.

Being an art snob is not going to help anyone here to better their drawing skills.

I completely agree with this. So what if we want praise? I've posted some things, and this is the only thing I've gotten remarks on, really. When I have time, I intend to go look at other people's stuff and comment on it. ^^

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Kataiya
02-01-2003, 10:27 PM
gomen, I dun comment on art that much x.x Its kinda bad cuz I like when people comment on mine x.x Its not cuz I think its bad, its cuz Im not very talkative. Anyways, I really love this pic. I love the softness of it, the skin and the hair. However, the nose is weird, but to fix that, move it slightly to the right and have the bridge curving towards the right eyebrow. For the eyes, the eyelashes are a little messy. I suggest cleaning em up, cuz they kinda look weird with the softness of this pic. Other than that, great job!

TsukiGuujin
02-02-2003, 11:48 PM
Thanks, Kataiya! It's hard to soften those lines sometimes in the program I use. X.x But I am trying to get better.

~~Tsuki Guujin~~