PDA

View Full Version : No-Brand Con, Wisconsin?

Troppy
01-21-2003, 06:03 PM
Does anybody know anything about No-Brand con in April in Wisconsin? I mean, I know the location, dates, etc, but I mean more like the atmosphere. I was considering going, using it as an excuse for LOTR cosplay, but I'm not sure. Is it popular? Has anyone been there before/intend on coming this year? Is it worth the drive from Chicago?

Hehe, sorry to be broad...but...I'm trying to form my con schedule...

Jacques Strapp
03-07-2003, 03:29 PM
Hey chica what's up? My name's Jacques and I'm a student at UW-Whitewater. I'm seriously thinking about going to no-brand con but since I'm a n00b I'll probably have to whip up a cheap "Ken from streetfighter" costume using my martial arts uniforms. I don't know about the atmosphere, but since we cheeseheads are a lot more laid back than you flatlanders it will probably be fun and small with a lot of high-context conversation. So come have a brewski with us in the great white north. Got questions? PM Au revoir mon amie.

Menchi
03-09-2003, 08:26 PM
i wanna make that one actually..not sure if i can or not..but will try to. i will jus bring one of my complete costumes if i do though..not gonna bring a whole lot thre...^^;;

Megumi-chan
03-28-2003, 02:22 PM
I'm going! I'm going to NoBrandCon! I'm gonna be Rind From Aa! Megami-sama! and my friends that are twins are gonna be Cool Mint and Spear mint (Rind's angels) If you're going to go look out for us!!! Wheeee! I'm so excited! This is my first convention!! Yay! See you there!

*Megumi-chan

eeyore
03-28-2003, 02:56 PM
I'm trying to talk my husband into going and playing with the idea of leaving him here and going myself. lol

Have a great time, Megumi-chan!!! Get pics of those costumes so we can see. :)

Megumi-chan
03-28-2003, 03:05 PM
Thank-you! If you want to see my costumes, You can look in my gallery! I'm not too pretty, but the costumes are! Tell me what you think!

*Megumi

eeyore
03-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Megumi - great costumes!! I love that Belldandy one.

It looks like we'll make it there for Saturday - me, hubby, and possibly hubby's friend. I'll look for you to say hello. We'll just be in jeans ourselves. (Unless I get crackin at the sewing machine this week.)

But if anyone sees a really tall woman, with waist length dark hair, that's most likely me. :p