PDA

View Full Version : Jrock/Jpop Gathering

kabuki_KILLER
07-18-2005, 05:56 AM
This is a gathering notice for all jrocker cosplayers. Yes. We are planning on one. I've never been to PMX before, but I'll be the Illuminati Mana with the Illuminati Kozi. Yep, just look for Mana and Kozi. If we're lucky, we might get the whole gang for that pv, but if not, some of you have met me before. I'll be there with a sign for our gathering.

If anyone is more familiar with PMX and wants to help with the planning, please do. ^_^ I like suggestions, and don't worry since we still have a month left to make them.

Yuna
07-19-2005, 12:36 AM
Imma put my friend with a mohawk in my BoY Ayu costume, and I could prolly wear one of my old ones. I can try to make it, so long as J-pop is really welcome among the J-Rockers.

Kaoruyogi
07-19-2005, 05:15 AM
Welp I'm planning out a hide, Kami, and Kaoru as far as the J-rock department...I'm getting back into the uncomfortable and hot make-up and costume world!!! YEAH!!! *dies* I love J-rock and I missed having more than one J-rock costume...But I'll be at any gathering you want me at Bridge ^_~

KamisButterfly
07-20-2005, 04:25 AM
Yay a Jrock gathering! I shall be there. One question is it going to be inside or outside?

enna
07-20-2005, 02:08 PM
JROCK GATHERING INDOOR PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

We all KNOW what most of the jrock costumes are like. Meeting outside under mid summer sun = tanning = over heating = death.

Someone should decide on a time and place where us jrock lovers can all gather and meet.

KamisButterfly
07-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Ok so then its a indoor gathering. What day should it be on. And should we have it in the LBCC or in one of the nearby hotels?

Cadmium Polyphony
07-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Long Beach in September isnt really that bad in terms of sunlight; its the humidity that gets annoying.

The gathering ought to be indoor though; you just cant go wrong with that.

As for location, may as well pick one of the neighboring hotels. PMX isnt necessarily a tiny convention, but its far from the largest, and the crop of jrockers wont be massive, so why bother cluttering what will no doubt already have tons of cluttering to begin with, in that the con center?

So I'd say lets go for a hotel nearby. As for day and time, why not the 3rd, 'round 2ish?

Its a kosher idea to get to know all the jrock fans before the music events start, that way a group of people will already be accquainted with each other before the actual music event starts; makes things that much funner, when you know the people better.

kabuki_KILLER
07-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Yes. It will be indoors. Dawn and I will roast alive in our pvc illuminati costumes if it's outside. I hate humidity as well. I guess we could have the gathering just inside the entrance of the convention? I dunno. Ideas?

Anyway, let me say that I'll be REALLY excited about this event. And yes, we welcome jpop, though I don't know much about it. Just most of us cosplay jrockers because it's more visual. I like all cosplayers anyway. ^_^

The time of day sounds good, but the actual date I have to verify to make sure that we can all do our cosplays at that time. Hopefully the 3rd, but it's subject to change. I'll let you all know by Monday or Tuesday, ok? :toothy:

KamisButterfly
07-21-2005, 11:31 PM
There is the Hyatt hotel right next to the con center so we could have it there. The 3rd is good and 3 pm sounds good too.

kabuki_KILLER
07-21-2005, 11:53 PM
We'll know for sure by Monday or Tuesday. I hope we can have it sooner in the con, but if some of us are going to busy on the 3rd (I might have something going on), then we might need to push it back to the 4th or 5th. The date is NOT for certain yet and will be decided for when is convenient.

But the Hyatt as the place sounds good. Do you guys want to meet in the lobby? I prefer to take photos in better lighting though, but I guess that's just me being dumb.

Do you guys just want to get together and pose for pics or do you want to get together earlier and go have lunch or something? I'm up for any EVENT suggestions, as long as it's legal. XD

KamisButterfly
07-22-2005, 12:05 AM
I think the lobby sounds good. If I remember correctly from AX 2002 the lobby leads directly outside where there is really good places for pics.Its only a few steps then your outside. However I don't know if that has changed. They also have a nice park looking area and the pier which is nice.

kabuki_KILLER
07-22-2005, 12:30 AM
One question. Is it in Anaheim or long Beach? The PMX site and the Convention planning link say that it's in Long Beach, but the forum says that it's in Anaheim. What's going on? >_<

If there are any good fastfood or good restaurants nearby that aren't too expensive, I'd be up for a late lunch around 2 or 3 pm. Dunno which date though, but I could figure it out once I get back based on my schedule and yours. So anyone want to go eat during our gathering? We can still take pics, but we'll do both. ^_^

shogun
07-22-2005, 12:53 AM
I think the topic goes back to last year's Anaheim convention.

It's in Long Beach this year.

Mike

KamisButterfly
07-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Its in long beach. The forum probably forgot to put that. Its good that its in LB because its nice there. Its close to the beach so it won't feel like its hot. Plus you can see the queen mary from the pier. As far as eatting places go there is a del taco and carl's jr. There are probably more but I can't remember its been like 3 years since I been there. It would be fun to eat somewhere.

kabuki_KILLER
07-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Please leave your restaurant suggestions here. I must go. Will return in a few days (once I get back to America) to read your comments and provide info on the date and time of our meeting. I should probably go start on making the sign as well.

Be nice to each other. ^_^

Yuna
07-22-2005, 02:52 AM
Anyway, let me say that I'll be REALLY excited about this event. And yes, we welcome jpop, though I don't know much about it. Just most of us cosplay jrockers because it's more visual. I like all cosplayers anyway. ^_^

J-pop can be visual =3 My friend and I will try to stop by though, if we remember ^^; I'll be pure white and she'll be a whore.

Cadmium Polyphony
07-22-2005, 02:04 PM
May I make an informal request that we AVOID Del taco at all costs if we decide to go to lunch.

I dont trust any place that has fish tacos. Fish...blah, probably goldfish or something.

enna
07-22-2005, 02:13 PM
*raises hand* I second that. Actually I don't eat anything that runs away when you try to take a bit out of it anymore.

But I doubt that we'd go for lunch.... maybe we should just meet at starbucks (if there's one)?? O_O;;

Nothing can go wrong at starbucks.

May I make an informal request that we AVOID Del taco at all costs if we decide to go to lunch.

I dont trust any place that has fish tacos. Fish...blah, probably goldfish or something.

x_KyouKyou_x
07-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Nothing can go wrong at starbucks.

Ha. I wouldn't be too sure about that...

kabuki_KILLER
07-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Hmmm. Are MOST of you okay with meeting on the 4th around 1 o'clock pm?

I dunno what we're going to do, but I'm hungry about 80% of the time whenever you ask me. Starbucks is very clean, but you probably won't have any stomach problems eating at other major chain fastfood restaurants. If anything makes people really sick, they'd get sued, so it's pretty sanitary. Maybe the food you had in the taco was frozen mixed fish, so it tasted funny.

I was thinking more on the lines of something like Coco's or something like that. Somewhere where there's decent food and refreshments that aren't at a sky-high price.

shogun
07-26-2005, 07:46 PM
There is a whole mall across the street! Just pick somewhere there.

Mike

kabuki_KILLER
07-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Okay. Here's the Jist.

We meet in the lobby of the Hyatt where there are couches (if we're allowed there). The gathering will be at 1pm on Sunday the 4th, the second day of the expo. I will have a large sign that says "Jrock/Jpop Gathering". I'll be dressed Illuminati.

We're going to get together for some photographs and then we'll have a democratic vote on as where to have our outing. So far we have the food court option and starbucks. Feel free to post your suggestions on this thread included in your responses and I will add it to my list for the vote we will have. I feel that we should vote on what our stomachs are craving the day OF the meeting instead of a month beforehand. Sound reasonable?

Please note that the time may be subject to change to later in the day if 1 pm is not a convenient time for MANY of you for a good reason. We can also possibly change the date to maybe Monday the 5th, but not the 3rd. I like to know where things are and how to get there or I'd be late to the meeting that I myself planned. Not good. -_-'

Elly8219
07-28-2005, 12:28 PM
alright, guess I'll see you guys there.
I'll probably be wearing a hide cosplay on Sunday, or Myaku Kaoru, haven't decided yet.

kabuki_KILLER
07-30-2005, 12:08 AM
Oooo. Off topic, elly-chan/kun, but is that you in your avvy? If so, the raison detre cosplay kicks arse. And if it flatters you, I'm not quite sure if you're a guy or girl. I didn't look at your chest/figure in the photos. Are you coming to the con all the way from Japan? Hmmm. Cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I should start making a list of the people to expect and to meet. I should be expecting a Mana parade. Oh dear. >_< Feel free to cosplay or be original, people. And no, we will not make fun of you if you're not a perfect Mana/Kaoru/Totchi/hide/whatever. Everyone that likes jrock is welcome at the event. I'll just make a short announcement, we can all introduce ourselves, and then we can begin photos galore. Sound good? ^_^

So, tell your jrock-loving buddies and jrock cosplayer buddies as well and ask if they're interested. Very demanding, aren't I? >_<

KamisButterfly
07-31-2005, 05:59 PM
I shall be there as Ryo from Rentrer en Soi. I am bringing the rest of the band too except for Mika. See you all there and the 4th is my B-day too yay!

Ryo (http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a163/KamisButterfly/ryo.jpg)
Rentrer en Soi (http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a163/KamisButterfly/rentrer.jpg)

Elly8219
07-31-2005, 08:01 PM
@kabuki_KILLER: Yes that is me in my avatar. I am female. Feel free to check out my website, I have a rather large collection of images :/ to which you can probably better see my bust, but mostly I bind my bust down flat, as Kaoru has a rather flat chest XD.
http://www.freewebs.com/zombiehero
I have returned to America for a year to finish my college, afterwich, I will return to Japan. hopefully next summer. You say you are cosplaying Illuminati Mana, if you feel the need to borrow anything that I own from that costume you may, as since you are cosplaying it at PMX, I will not.

Oooo. Off topic, elly-chan/kun, but is that you in your avvy? If so, the raison detre cosplay kicks arse. And if it flatters you, I'm not quite sure if you're a guy or girl. I didn't look at your chest/figure in the photos. Are you coming to the con all the way from Japan? Hmmm. Cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BrokenDolfie
07-31-2005, 09:06 PM
I will certainly be going to PMX this year. I'll join your gathering but I'm not sure if I should wear my -Saku- Kyo or Coo Quack Cluck Miyavi xD (I know I'm 100% sure I can make it because my mother is in the that big Hula competition at the same place on the same days xD) So, I'll try to find everyone =D

shogun
08-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Hmm, the running joke among staff is whether we will end up bringing anyone from the hula competition over to PMX...

Mike

BrokenDolfie
08-01-2005, 02:01 AM
Hmm, the running joke among staff is whether we will end up bringing anyone from the hula competition over to PMX...

Mike

LMAO,I know a whole Hula group that's in the competiton and they will ask me so many questions and I'm kinda in the competition too xD. I have to dance in E Hula Mau every year xD but I'm going to PMX too since it's the same place. On my breaks and stuff xD. SO you already have a hula dancer coming. =D Oh, and a ballet dancer too and OMGWTF I have to perform a ballet in Flordia and and later in New York the days right after PMX @_@ (never realized such a busy person I was >_>)

Oh by the way, I decided to do -Saku- Kyo and the Ballet dancer from Cage xD (MYV is a maybe)

shogun
08-01-2005, 11:27 AM
I think my sis might still be competing there. In either case, I know she'll be in Long Beach for it this weekend. Too bad there aren't any Hula themed anime shows. I guess Lilo & Stitch is as close as we get...

Mike

kabuki_KILLER
08-01-2005, 03:10 PM
@kabuki_KILLER: Yes that is me in my avatar. I am female. Feel free to check out my website, I have a rather large collection of images :/ to which you can probably better see my bust, but mostly I bind my bust down flat, as Kaoru has a rather flat chest XD.
http://www.freewebs.com/zombiehero
I have returned to America for a year to finish my college, afterwich, I will return to Japan. hopefully next summer. You say you are cosplaying Illuminati Mana, if you feel the need to borrow anything that I own from that costume you may, as since you are cosplaying it at PMX, I will not.
Oh. I don't care if you cosplay the same thing as I do, but the whip and gloves for that outfit would be helpful if you don't wear a large (small or medium gloves would do). I already have most of the outfit.

EDIT:
Event Suggestions so far (in addition to photos and greetings):
1) Starbucks
2) Food court
3) Party games

kabuki_KILLER
08-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Apparently threads seem to disappear if no one replies to them in a month or so. I'm hoping to bring goodies for everyone that attends and hopefully I'll have enough since I'm not quite sure how many people are coming.

**making last minute PMX preps**

We're thinking of maybe pushing the time of the gathering to 5 or 6 pm because if you want 1 pm or something, we'll have to have a short gathering (maybe an hour) since cosfest is at 3 pm. Same location, of course. What's all your guy's take on this?

KamisButterfly
09-04-2005, 05:13 AM
I don't think changing the time right now would be a good idea. People know its at 1pm and I think its kind of late to change it. I am sure that a lot of people have not come back to check the official gathering page to see if it has changed so changing it now could be bad.