PDA

View Full Version : Girls of Gaming Photoshoot

Lady_Sodina
07-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Are there many girls cosplaying as female videogame characters for CNA this year? Cause after talking with a friend (who's cosplaying SOME form of Rikku), we thought that maybe we should organize something that encompassed all the girls of gaming, especially since there tend to be quite a few FF female cosplayers around. I'm going as Feena from Grandia (old PS game), so any female character from any videogame would be pretty cool.

Basically, just wanting to see if anyone would be interested in it, or if maybe it's too broad of a topic to do a photoshoot for!

UPDATE!

Girls of Gaming Photoshoot will be at 3pm, main lobby on the Saturday of CNA!!

Cosplayers attending:
Lady_Sodina ~ Feena (Grandia)
Kohana ~ Asuka (Tekken 5)
kuko-chan ~ Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
Amy the Yu ~ ??? (Ragnarok Online) or Rutee (Tales of Destiny)
Mekou-chan ~ Nanami (Suikoden II)
jiyoon ~ Justina (Magna Carta) or Dai Kyou (Dynasty Warriors 5)
Infini ~ Ayane (Dead or Alive) or Leon (Tales of Destiny)
Brita_Lee ~ Kid (Chrono Cross)
DiGi_Rin ~ Marion (Thousand Arms)
akina_chan666 ~ Wyna (Thousand Arms)
AncientWanderer -Aeris (FF7)
chiku - Princess Garnet (FF9)
Tifa_Lockhart - Tifa (Advent Children)

Brita lee is graciously making us a sign so we are known amongst the masses *^^*

Please post to inform of any additions/subtractions to the list, or to report any errors! Thanks to Michi for compiling the list of attendants!

Michi
07-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Most of my costumes are from video games anyway so I'd be up for this. It's not too broad. It's good for characters that may not have games big enough for an entire shoot, like some of the costumes I have planned. XD

Infini
07-18-2005, 02:14 PM
I'd be interested in this too, if I end up coming to CN. Not sure what I'd wear, but
even if I don't have time to make anything new I could just bring lei-fang or yuna.

Vicky
07-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Maybe next year :P

AncientWanderer
07-18-2005, 04:10 PM
WOOT! I'm in!

Brita_Lee
07-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Totally! Me and my Kid costume are SO there!

kuko-chan
07-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Just give a time and a place and I'll make it! I'm going to wear my Yuna costume!

Kohana
07-19-2005, 03:49 PM
sounds like fun...maybe I'll have Asuka done in time if I become unlazy ^^;

Michi
07-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Kohana ~ o.o Asuka from what?

TribalButterfly
07-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Haha! and to think, i changed my mind about cosplaying as Mia or Natsume from .hack// this year! haha! oh well. maybe next year! :)

OH WAIT A SECOND!!!!

Full Metal ALchemist is a GAME too!!! ....oh... but lust isnt in it, hu? Drat! Im gunna b Lust on the Saturday :( Ah well. :) maybe next year! haha

Kohana
07-19-2005, 06:48 PM
Kohana ~ o.o Asuka from what?

durrr...silly me forgets to put the video game series ^^;... Asuka from Tekken 5 ^_^

Lady_Sodina
07-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Man, Kohana, I was ALMOST going to do Asuka, but yeah... that got changed to Feena... ^^"

By the sounds of it, there seems to be at least a decent amount of people interested in this (and I'm sure once I get a time and place organized, we might get some more people up for it), so I'm going to go through with it!!

Does anyone have any reccommendations or ideas for a time and place for this? I need to go refer to a map of the place sometime soon-ish, but just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Mekou
07-19-2005, 09:06 PM
If it's on Saturday, I'll happily come as Nanami from Suikoden II! ^_^

Kohana
07-19-2005, 09:06 PM
I think there are some places near the Skydome aka "The Rogers Centre" that would be nice to take pictures... I think that on Friday would be nice... since Saturday would be quite crazy for me... but whatever happens...

Brita_Lee
07-19-2005, 09:34 PM
Whenever, its cool with me, as long as it don't interfere with the masquerade

Amy the Yu
07-20-2005, 02:21 AM
I'll be semi-cosplaying super obscure out of more obscure character from RO (poor Miyabi who only get one picture). I'll look like I'm from nothing regardless of whether Infini and Kia finish their RO costumes or not, but I'll be around if Infini shows up for it. >_>

I'd be interested in this too, if I end up coming to CN. Not sure what I'd wear, but
even if I don't have time to make anything new I could just bring lei-fang or yuna.You better be going (or I'll invade your house and hogtie you and kidnap you...after I finish playing with your cats >_> )

AncientWanderer
07-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Friday might be a good time just because there's more time to organize and NOT rush around from con to photoshoot...I think Brita and I were planning on going earlier than the con opened...correct, Brita?

Then again, I don't know how many people are planning on just going on Saturday. Quite a pickle, this one...

Amy the Yu
07-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Friday might be a good time just because there's more time to organize and NOT rush around from con to photoshoot...I think Brita and I were planning on going earlier than the con opened...correct, Brita?

Then again, I don't know how many people are planning on just going on Saturday. Quite a pickle, this one...You can try holding a photoshoot before the con, but chances are that the attendance you'll get will be...very low. Most people only show up on time/early so they can get in line sooner and not have to deal with the 3 hour wait that the end of the line usually require, so don't know how many people would be willing to show up early and NOT get in line and face the insane wait after the con's already started. >_<

Also, some of us are just horribly slow and never show up when we're supposed to. I don't think I've ever made it to a con on time before unless you count pre-con volunteering at AN...which I always end up showing up late for anyway. >_>

jiyoon
07-20-2005, 06:28 PM
I'll probably try to make it... I'm going to be either Justina Born from Magna Carta Crimson Stigmata, or Dai Kyou from Dynasty Warriors 5.

Lady_Sodina
07-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Alright, well, by the looks of things, no one's up for Sunday. Personally, I'm a little more partial to Saturday as well, obviously not running into the masquerade though. Is there anyone REALLY against Saturday? If we wanted to, we could do it earlier on in the day, just to avoid peak hours or something... Or do it during peak hours to get attention, whichever ^^"

But I'm in agreement with Amy, having a photoshoot BEFORE the con doesn't sound like it'd turn out too brilliantly...

jiyoon
07-20-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm ok with any day... although... I prefer Saturday

Brita_Lee
07-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Alright, well, by the looks of things, no one's up for Sunday. Personally, I'm a little more partial to Saturday as well, obviously not running into the masquerade though. Is there anyone REALLY against Saturday? If we wanted to, we could do it earlier on in the day, just to avoid peak hours or something... Or do it during peak hours to get attention, whichever ^^"

But I'm in agreement with Amy, having a photoshoot BEFORE the con doesn't sound like it'd turn out too brilliantly...

PEAK HOURS!!! I love attention! More cameras, yay! :mfg:
Sorry, I'm a dork. Ha ha ha. Either is fine though. Saturday is a good day, seeing as thats when most people are at the con.

DiGi_Rin
07-21-2005, 07:58 AM
I'm interested in this. I'll be cosplaying as Marion from Thousand Arms(a old ps game from 1999) on saturday.

Kohana
07-21-2005, 09:06 AM
I'll probably try to make it... I'm going to be either Justina Born from Magna Carta Crimson Stigmata, or Dai Kyou from Dynasty Warriors 5.

yay!.... wear Dai Kyou again and get Lucia to join in too!....Hopefully your fans wont give you trouble (I'll keeps Fabs away from them lol)....

Oh and for a day ummm Saturday would be okay as long as it doesnt run into to the Bleach photoshoot I'm supposed make an appearance at....but other then that is should be fine..

Brita_Lee
07-21-2005, 09:29 AM
I'm interested in this. I'll be cosplaying as Marion from Thousand Arms(a old ps game from 1999) on saturday.

OMFG!!! I thought I was the only Thousand Arms fan left out there!!! I used to have a Sodina costume but I don't anymore! Whee! Marion is halarious!!!

DiGi_Rin
07-21-2005, 02:16 PM
OMFG!!! I thought I was the only Thousand Arms fan left out there!!! I used to have a Sodina costume but I don't anymore! Whee! Marion is halarious!!!

LOL, yeah it's sorta sad all the thousand arm fans are gone :'(

I have a sorta cosplay group me as Marion and my sister as Wyna...god I wish there was more people who liked thousand arms -_-''

Lady_Sodina
07-21-2005, 05:31 PM
*GLOMPS YOU* OMG MARION!!! *^^* And there's to be a Wyna too?! :O Consider you both glomped, I LOVE THOUSAND ARMS!! Where do you think I got the name Sodina? Didn't like the character much, but LOVED the game!! Might cosplay her one day... I loved the boys in that game mainly (Meis, Soushi and Muza were adorable) though I will admit, my fave girls in there were Metalia, Marion, and Wyna.

Oh man, now I'm really glad I posted this, I am looking forward to seeing older characters!! *hence why she's doing Feena of Grandia*

ANYWAYS, by the sounds of it, it's Saturday. Now, I need to do some research on times so we don't run into the masquerade or any other photoshoots (I also have an Anime North Junkies gathering that still lacks a time by the looks of things sometime that day), but does anyone have a suggested time or place, now that a day is decided?

DiGi_Rin
07-21-2005, 06:01 PM
*GLOMPS YOU* OMG MARION!!! *^^* And there's to be a Wyna too?! :O Consider you both glomped, I LOVE THOUSAND ARMS!! Where do you think I got the name Sodina? Didn't like the character much, but LOVED the game!! Might cosplay her one day... I loved the boys in that game mainly (Meis, Soushi and Muza were adorable) though I will admit, my fave girls in there were Metalia, Marion, and Wyna.

Oh man, now I'm really glad I posted this, I am looking forward to seeing older characters!! *hence why she's doing Feena of Grandia*

ANYWAYS, by the sounds of it, it's Saturday. Now, I need to do some research on times so we don't run into the masquerade or any other photoshoots (I also have an Anime North Junkies gathering that still lacks a time by the looks of things sometime that day), but does anyone have a suggested time or place, now that a day is decided?

LOL Me and my sister re play the game over, and over. It's good to know thousand arms fans are going to CNAnime, I believe we are the second group only to cosplay as thousand arms... that's pretty sad.

Who are you cosplaying as Sodina? If you are we should have a thousand arms photoshoot after.

We might even have someone to play Meis and hopefully Soushi xD

Brita_Lee
07-21-2005, 10:25 PM
LOL Me and my sister re play the game over, and over. It's good to know thousand arms fans are going to CNAnime, I believe we are the second group only to cosplay as thousand arms... that's pretty sad.

Who are you cosplaying as Sodina? If you are we should have a thousand arms photoshoot after.

We might even have someone to play Meis and hopefully Soushi xD

Whee! That'll be soooooo cool! I wish I had a Sodina costume! *pouts* I play the game over and over as well (every now and then). Its so fun. Maybe I can throw a Kyleen costume together...I have a black dress so....

Lady_Sodina
07-22-2005, 06:41 AM
Digi-rin- don't quite have a Thousand Arms costume ^^" In time will make one, otherwise I'm not doing TA for CNA. I'm doing Feena from the game Grandia.

DiGi_Rin
07-22-2005, 08:26 AM
Whee! That'll be soooooo cool! I wish I had a Sodina costume! *pouts* I play the game over and over as well (every now and then). Its so fun. Maybe I can throw a Kyleen costume together...I have a black dress so....

That would be great if you could make one xD I hope to have a full Thousand Arms Group for Con No Baka.

DiGi_Rin
07-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Digi-rin- don't quite have a Thousand Arms costume ^^" In time will make one, otherwise I'm not doing TA for CNA. I'm doing Feena from the game Grandia.

Maybe you could be part of our Thousand Arms group for Con No Baka if your going there....?

Brita_Lee
07-22-2005, 12:03 PM
I could do a Thousand Arms costume for Con no Baka, that sounds feasable. Good, that way I can still show off my Kid costume at CNA.

Lady_Sodina
07-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Maybe you could be part of our Thousand Arms group for Con No Baka if your going there....?
Oooooh!! *ignores fact she's got at least one other group cosplay planned for then, but that's an easy costume* Well, Brita- which character will you do? Cause I don't mind filling in any character really. What characters have been/will be taken for Con no Baka? I just want to try to get as full of a cast as possible *is willing to cross play to do so*

DiGi_Rin
07-23-2005, 07:34 AM
Oooooh!! *ignores fact she's got at least one other group cosplay planned for then, but that's an easy costume* Well, Brita- which character will you do? Cause I don't mind filling in any character really. What characters have been/will be taken for Con no Baka? I just want to try to get as full of a cast as possible *is willing to cross play to do so*

Right now Meis, Wyna, and Marion are taken. I don't know who Brita wants to be

Brita_Lee
07-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Brita wants to be Sodina! ^^ Brita likes talking in third person though so maybe Brita should be Nelsha? One or the other...hrmm... this is tough.

DiGi_Rin
07-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Brita wants to be Sodina! ^^ Brita likes talking in third person though so maybe Brita should be Nelsha? One or the other...hrmm... this is tough.

Gah! I don't like Nelsha's third person talking xD

Brita_Lee
07-23-2005, 11:53 AM
LMAO!! Then its decided, I'll do Sodina. lol Oh yeah! In my sketch book, I did a chibi drawing for Thousand Arms inspired by dying in random battles trying to reach Bozby. Heh heh

DiGi_Rin
07-23-2005, 12:09 PM
LMAO!! Then its decided, I'll do Sodina. lol Oh yeah! In my sketch book, I did a chibi drawing for Thousand Arms inspired by dying in random battles trying to reach Bozby. Heh heh

Sodina's has a more interesting costume than Nelsha too xD

Could I see the chibi pic?

I made myself a sketch of my Marion costume in red pen and surprisingly the drawing came out well xD

Kohana
07-23-2005, 06:29 PM
Has there been a time and place decided for the photoshoot yet??

Lady_Sodina
07-23-2005, 09:06 PM
If Meis is already taken (was debating on doing that cause my hair's already going to be short for another crossplay), then I'll be up for Kyleen, Soushi, Muza (maybe not cause he's got the armor and... yeaaaah ^^"), Nelsha or anyone deemed needed... I dunno... *goes to look at pictures and figure something out*

ANYWAYS, to get a little more BACK on topic here-

Saturday for the Girls of Gaming Photoshoot- any specific time ideas? Maybe 12, 1, or 2ish, if we wanted to hit it up when the crowds are around? I've been meaning to pull up a map of the place, but yeah... Who knows of other photoshoots going on as of now?

kuko-chan
07-23-2005, 11:46 PM
I'm more for after 12pm because I want to go to the Cosplay.com picnic. My vote goes with 1pm.

Also, I have compiled a list of photoshoots going on all weekend, but as of right now, it's mostly incomplete.

I recommend we meet somewhere open and easy to find, like at the bottom of the escalators, or by the front lobby entrance.

DiGi_Rin
07-24-2005, 09:11 AM
Is the con scheduele posted on CNAnime's site? I may want to attend some events...

Kohana
07-24-2005, 09:55 AM
How about having the photoshoot @ 3pm?

jiyoon
07-24-2005, 10:49 AM
yay!.... wear Dai Kyou again and get Lucia to join in too!....Hopefully your fans wont give you trouble (I'll keeps Fabs away from them lol)....

Oh and for a day ummm Saturday would be okay as long as it doesnt run into to the Bleach photoshoot I'm supposed make an appearance at....but other then that is should be fine..
my fans have a hole in them (from a cellphone antenna... don't ask) but yeah... I'm going to be the only one. Lucia refuses to wear Syou Kyou again cos she hates wearing costumes more than once. T_T

I don't know if I can go to the Bleach photoshoot. It says it's for captains and co-captains only...; I'm going as Ururu~~ I HAVE MY BAZOOKA... ._.;

DiGi_Rin
07-24-2005, 10:50 AM
How about having the photoshoot @ 3pm?

Sounds good to me.

Kohana
07-24-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't know if I can go to the Bleach photoshoot. It says it's for captains and co-captains only...

Dont worry I'm going to the photoshoot eventhough I'm not cosplaying as a captain... just b/c I feel like it lol...and awww your poor fans they have been through so much....

Lady_Sodina
07-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Alright, so as it is now, we've had suggestions for either 1 or 3. Did we want to go for 3, which is pretty much right in the middle of the con day? It's long enough after any lunch engagements and such, what does everyone think?

As for place, aye, either front lobby or by the escalators... are the escalators in use for CNA? Cause if they are, I think go for the front lobby, otherwise either is fine really.

Michi
07-24-2005, 08:44 PM
1 or 3 Saturday? I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing for CN so I guess anything works for me. o_O

jiyoon
07-25-2005, 12:58 PM
3's better for me. I think the escalators in the main area aren't used. But I'm not sure. ._.; But... I guess everyone knows where the lobby is.. There's going to be a lot of people there though @_@;;

kuko-chan
07-25-2005, 01:36 PM
3pm works for me!

Lady_Sodina
07-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Alright, then let's do this at 3pm, long as nothing interferes with that time!!

Next matter- Place. Should we just do the main lobby, cause most know where it is?

As well, I thought this up the other night, but did we want a sign that says "Girls of Gaming" maybe? Otherwise, I'm not sure if people will get out photoshoot exactly ^^"

DiGi_Rin
07-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Alright, then let's do this at 3pm, long as nothing interferes with that time!!

Next matter- Place. Should we just do the main lobby, cause most know where it is?

As well, I thought this up the other night, but did we want a sign that says "Girls of Gaming" maybe? Otherwise, I'm not sure if people will get out photoshoot exactly ^^"

A big sign would help because I'm not really sure where the main lobby is xD

Brita_Lee
07-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Sounds fine. The lobby is easy to find, its basicly the main entrance where the registration desks are. By the doors is a good idea. I can make a banner if ya want.

kuko-chan
07-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Yaysureyoubetcha! :P Lobby's a good place to meet! You could make a crazy banner with wacky font and random pictures of video game girls! That'd be so cool! ^^

Infini
07-26-2005, 12:41 PM
3pm/lobby sounds good for me. I hope I have Ayane done by then. o_o

Brita_Lee
07-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Yaysureyoubetcha! :P Lobby's a good place to meet! You could make a crazy banner with wacky font and random pictures of video game girls! That'd be so cool! ^^

I plan to draw this out. ^^ I have laffy daffy markers and paint at my fingertips. Thats the advantage of being in a family of artists. ^^ I wonder what girls I'll put on....

Lady_Sodina
07-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Kick ass!! So we have Brita making a banner/sign, we're doing this at 3pm in the main lobby *^^* I'll update the main page of this thread and make sure the complied photoshoots page knows this :D

Brita_Lee
07-29-2005, 07:48 AM
I finished the banner! ^^ It looks AWESOME! It has chibi Kid and Areth at the top, and then I did normal pics at the bottom of Marion, Tifa, Rikku from X-2, and Collette from Tales of Symphonia. I put my copic markers to use on this thing. =^-^= Yayness.

DiGi_Rin
07-29-2005, 01:10 PM
I finished the banner! ^^ It looks AWESOME! It has chibi Kid and Areth at the top, and then I did normal pics at the bottom of Marion, Tifa, Rikku from X-2, and Collette from Tales of Symphonia. I put my copic markers to use on this thing. =^-^= Yayness.

Yay you put Marion on it :D!

kuko-chan
07-29-2005, 03:07 PM

Woo! Cool! Can't wait to see it!

Lady_Sodina
07-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Kick ASS!! *^^* I can't wait to see it, Brita!

Brita_Lee
07-29-2005, 10:15 PM
Yayness! The masses are pleased! Lol =^_^=

By the way, if I seem absurdly hyper and giggly at the con, its okay, its PERFECTLY normal. I eventually calm down so do not be frightened. FEAR ME NOT! ^_^

Michi
07-29-2005, 11:54 PM
So what kind of characters do we have so far? Sound off and I'll start making a list, because I'd love to see what we can be expecting. Maybe it'll help people decide what to bring, e.g. if we have a lot of fighting characters they might wanna bring out a costume from an RPG to even things out. ^^

Infini
07-30-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm bringing Ayane, if I have it finished in time. o_o; I really need to start on it soon.

Brita_Lee
07-30-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm Kid from Chrono Cross!

DiGi_Rin
07-30-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm being Marion from Thousand Arms

kuko-chan
07-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Long-haired Yuna right here!

Michi
07-30-2005, 02:21 PM
So..

Lady_Sodina ~ Feena (Grandia)
Kohana ~ Asuka (Tekken 5)
kuko-chan ~ Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
Amy the Yu ~ ??? (Ragnarok Online)
Mekou-chan ~ Nanami (Suikoden II)
jiyoon ~ Justina (Magna Carta) or Dai Kyou (Dynasty Warriors 5)
Infini ~ Ayane (Dead or Alive)
Brita_Lee ~ Kid (Chrono Cross)
DiGi_Rin ~ Sodina (Thousand Arms)

Is that it? I scanned the thread but couldn't find anymore. Lady_Sodina, you could put this in the main post if you want to keep track. ^_^

(And yes, I haven't decided what I wanna do yet :P)

Brita_Lee
07-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Actually, Digi_Rin is being Marion. Very very very different from Sodina ^-^.

And even after the peeps we have in this site comin, there is still those that may join while we are there, cause the banner may draw their attention.

Also, my sister is coming to this shoot too. She is gonna be a morbid version of Alice in Wonderland (its some sort of weird twisted video game gone wrong ^^')

Lady_Sodina
07-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Thank you Michi and will do!! *^^*

DiGi_Rin
07-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Actually, Digi_Rin is being Marion. Very very very different from Sodina ^-^.

Yes thank you, for saying that Brita xD

Michi~ my sister akina_chan666 will be going as Wyna from Thousand Arms too.

kuko-chan
07-31-2005, 04:25 PM
Also, my sister is coming to this shoot too. She is gonna be a morbid version of Alice in Wonderland (its some sort of weird twisted video game gone wrong ^^')

Oh yea, I've played that game! It's an awesome dark version of Alice in Wonderland! And toys have been turned into weapons! ^_^

Michi
07-31-2005, 05:40 PM
@_o I wonder why I wrote Sodina. ^^; Maybe I was looking at Lady_Sodina's username too much. :P

Lady_Sodina
07-31-2005, 08:49 PM
@_o I wonder why I wrote Sodina. ^^; Maybe I was looking at Lady_Sodina's username too much. :P
LOLZ! ^^" Let's just blame it on my name and it'll all be fine ;)

Michi
07-31-2005, 11:00 PM
XD I have played some of Thousand Arms~. I liked it but the system bothered me. =/ I'd like to try it again someday though. ^^

Maybe I'll bring my Guilty Gear costume to this, if it's done...

Kohana
07-31-2005, 11:40 PM
oh yes, I think that one of my friends might be tagging with me along so she'll be wearing my Hitomi from DOA3 costume. I'll post again when I get a definite response from her. ^_^

AncientWanderer
08-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Michi, I'm going as Aeris that day, methinks, so if you wanna add that to the list. Sorry I haven't been in on the convo much, but I've been away from the site for awhile. *slaps own hand* Bad Jenn, BAD!! Doesn't matter though, I think Brita is my official spokesperson bwahaha (you added Aeris to the poster! I LUUUUURVS you!)

Brita_Lee
08-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Michi, I'm going as Aeris that day, methinks, so if you wanna add that to the list. Sorry I haven't been in on the convo much, but I've been away from the site for awhile. *slaps own hand* Bad Jenn, BAD!! Doesn't matter though, I think Brita is my official spokesperson bwahaha (you added Aeris to the poster! I LUUUUURVS you!)

Lol. Ya really, I've been Jenn's voice. Yes, Kid and Aeris are the top chibis on the top o' the page. ^^ Cuz I can! Mwa!

Amy the Yu
08-03-2005, 09:56 PM
I have nothing better to do so I'm talking on Infini's behalf. XD

She's not sure if she will bring it for sure, but Infini might finish her Leon (Tales of Destiny) costume early and drag it to CN. If she does, I might make an attempt at finishing Rutee (same game...Leon's sister) even though I won't have my wig in time for CN. Neither of us will have our swordians though, but I don't think enough people know ToD to know the difference (considering I don't even know much about it). >_>

Kohana
08-04-2005, 01:46 PM
*sighs*.....my friend wont be coming to CN at all...she had to go and get a "government job"....oh well but I'll still be there :D

DiGi_Rin
08-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Uh my friend with the username "chiku" is going as Princess Garnet...

Does tokyo mew mew characters count as Girls of Gaming? I think they made video game based on the tv show :S

Lady_Sodina
08-05-2005, 08:41 PM
I have nothing better to do so I'm talking on Infini's behalf. XD

She's not sure if she will bring it for sure, but Infini might finish her Leon (Tales of Destiny) costume early and drag it to CN. If she does, I might make an attempt at finishing Rutee (same game...Leon's sister) even though I won't have my wig in time for CN. Neither of us will have our swordians though, but I don't think enough people know ToD to know the difference (considering I don't even know much about it). >_>
Nice, I've played Tales of Destiny 2, then started (but never really finished) Tales of Destiny, so I know OF the characters. Rutee seem pretty cool though, so good luck with that if you guys end up doing that!

Digi-Rin- hmm... interesting predicament... I don't think so, namely cause it's originally an anime... but I dunno... what does everyone else think?

jiyoon
08-05-2005, 09:16 PM
I dunno either @ _@

Brita_Lee
08-05-2005, 10:13 PM
I suppose if we want to keep it strictly "Girls of Gaming" then it'd be a no, but at the same time I suppose none of us want to be too anal about it or come off as snooty oO. If there truly is a game version then I would think it'd be fine. (Just do a google search to confirm it, and try and keep it as "gamey" as possible). ^^

Michi
08-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Does tokyo mew mew characters count as Girls of Gaming? I think they made video game based on the tv show :S

I'd say so only if it was a game-only outfit. For example, I know the Tokyo Mew Mew game has a character named Ringo that only appeared in the game and not the anime or manga. In that case, she'd be perfect for a game girls shoot. Y'know?

Brita_Lee
08-05-2005, 11:27 PM
Yay, I finished Kid's dagger! It looks pretty good. My costume will be a little different from the game version, in that I am taking some creative liscense on it. Instead of her purple necklace, I will wear Serge's bandana around the necks, and I will have her hair down, not up. Her boots and gloves are black instead of brown, so its as if its an "older" version of her character. ^^ I think it'll be neat!

akina_chan666
08-06-2005, 09:08 AM
I'd say so only if it was a game-only outfit. For example, I know the Tokyo Mew Mew game has a character named Ringo that only appeared in the game and not the anime or manga. In that case, she'd be perfect for a game girls shoot. Y'know?

But what about the other tokyo mew mew people :S My friends are going as Lettuce and Pudding.

DiGi_Rin
08-06-2005, 09:11 AM
But what about the other tokyo mew mew people :S My friends are going as Lettuce and Pudding.

Lol that was me posting on my sister's account, she forgot to sign herself off the site on my server.

Benzette
08-06-2005, 07:08 PM
I'll try to make it to the photoshoot...I had no time this summer to make a new costume, so I'll be wearing the same costume I wore to Anime North...Nel Zelpher from Star Ocean III, and I should have a Peppita (Souffle) Rosetti with me.

Michi
08-06-2005, 07:12 PM

If you're just doing the anime outfits, I don't think there's a reason to attend a game photoshoot. ^^; Not to be like "omg you can't take pics with us" but just... Nearly EVERY successful anime has a game, so it's kinda silly. ^^;

Lady_Sodina
08-06-2005, 11:24 PM
I'll try to make it to the photoshoot...I had no time this summer to make a new costume, so I'll be wearing the same costume I wore to Anime North...Nel Zelpher from Star Ocean III, and I should have a Peppita (Souffle) Rosetti with me.
OH MAN!! You were one of the Nels? I think there might have been two, only got to see/talk to one of them while in the Artist Alley, but man!! Those costumes were AWESOME!! Including Peppita's, which I am very sad I only got to see pictures of!! That'll be AWESOME though to have you guys *Loves SO:TTEOT*

Alright, so so far, the voting on allowing Tokyo Mew Mew is a no, many apologies ^^" I just... it's a hard call to make, cause Michi's right- a lot of popular animes DO get made into videogames. The Ringo character would be fine, but yeah...

Brita Lee- awesome!! Sounds great so far, can't wait to see it!! *^^* Yay dagger being done! I just got my wig for Feena yesterday *^^* So happy!! It's so long... and so green!! *laughz*

DiGi_Rin
08-07-2005, 07:36 AM
If you're just doing the anime outfits, I don't think there's a reason to attend a game photoshoot. ^^; Not to be like "omg you can't take pics with us" but just... Nearly EVERY successful anime has a game, so it's kinda silly. ^^;

Alright that's okay. I kinda thought it was gonna be a no xD

Mage
08-07-2005, 10:46 AM
I'll be there....not sure what to bring, though.

I could bring default or alternate Xianghua (Soul Calibur 2), Agrias (FF Tactics), blacksmith or assassin cross (RO), Embla (War of Genesis), default or alternate Sophia (Star Ocean 3) or even crack out LeBlanc or the Magus Sister again. o_O; So, uhh, yeah, no idea, but I'll be there. ^_^;;;

Brita_Lee
08-07-2005, 05:05 PM
I'll be there....not sure what to bring, though.

I could bring default or alternate Xianghua (Soul Calibur 2), Agrias (FF Tactics), blacksmith or assassin cross (RO), Embla (War of Genesis), default or alternate Sophia (Star Ocean 3) or even crack out LeBlanc or the Magus Sister again. o_O; So, uhh, yeah, no idea, but I'll be there. ^_^;;;

Wow, they all sound so neat! I can't wait to see which one you bring!

akina_chan666
08-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Oh! OH! I will be going too! I'm Digi's older sister and will be cosplaying as Wyna from Thousand Arms. Luckily, I was able to alter the costume so I can wear it. yay!!!!

Lady_Sodina
08-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Oh! OH! I will be going too! I'm Digi's older sister and will be cosplaying as Wyna from Thousand Arms. Luckily, I was able to alter the costume so I can wear it. yay!!!!
Awesome, so you're the Wyna cosplayer?! *^^* Man, that's going to be AWESOME, I'm VERY much looking forward to the Thousand Arms costumes *^^*

Michi
08-15-2005, 09:08 PM
It looks like I won't be attending; I've decided to enroll in college this semester and my college is in California. ^_^; See everyone at Anime North or something sooner maybe though. ;.;

Kohana
08-15-2005, 09:19 PM
It looks like I won't be attending; I've decided to enroll in college this semester and my college is in California. ^_^; See everyone at Anime North or something sooner maybe though. ;.;
awww too bad....good luck with school though!! :jjacks:

Michi
08-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Thankyou. ^^ Have fun at the gathering, everyone, and take lots of pictures! XOO!!

Brita_Lee
08-18-2005, 09:11 PM
I can't wait to wear my new and improved Kid costume! Wheee! It'll be so fun! And I'll get to show off my pretty banner! =^-^= 7 days guys!!!

DiGi_Rin
08-19-2005, 12:21 PM
boo ya. Almost done my Marion costume...I wish I could post the pics of how it looks though.

Brita_Lee
08-19-2005, 12:23 PM
boo ya. Almost done my Marion costume...I wish I could post the pics of how it looks though.

I can't wait to see your costume! Marion is just sooooo awesome!

akina_chan666
08-20-2005, 06:30 AM
Awesome, so you're the Wyna cosplayer?! *^^* Man, that's going to be AWESOME, I'm VERY much looking forward to the Thousand Arms costumes *^^*
Yup ^_^ it's kinda altered though, since my mom wouldn't let me out of the house in a bikini. I changed the bikini bottom into shorts and the hammer looks really lame sadly.... Oh well. You should see how I turned my weapon into a secret compartment for my wallet.

chiku
08-20-2005, 08:15 AM
lol COCONUTS!!! sorry kerrry lmao good times but god your hammer looks awsome!! your costumes gonna look kick ass!!! mine on the other hand.....

Lady_Sodina
08-20-2005, 07:04 PM
That SUCKS!! You will be missed!!

Feena costume's coming along decently. I have the big bag almost done (just doing touches on the handles), need to do the sleeves for the shirt (have it all cut out, detail and all already though), then I just need to work on hair pieces and mini pouch and I'm done!! I can't wait to see everyones costumes!!

Kohana
08-21-2005, 08:16 AM
omg....the con is just around the corner and I'm not done...I dont think I have a zipper foot so I may have to sew on the zipper by hand T_T....hopefully I'll finish on time....oh yes I got a Hitomi stand in....we are both going to try to kill each other it will be fun! XD

Tifa_Lockhart
08-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Umm hiya! I usually just cruise the forums but I decided to actually get an account to post here... I was actually planning on going with a friend who's dressing up as someone from Breath of Fire III to this photoshoot but I was wondering if I could actually go... See I'm planning to go as Tifa Lockhart from Advent Children on Saturday. The only problem is that technically right now it's a movie that was spawned from a video game... They're making it into a video game, but still I was just wondering if it's okies for this photoshoot ^^;

Lady_Sodina
08-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Kay, thing is, FF7 is originally a game before the movie (which is a sequel to the game, isn't it?), and you're doing a character from the game, just a different costume... so I don't particularily see the problem... does anyone else think there is? I think you'd be fine, to be honest. I mean, hell, they're making it into a videogame too, so it counts... ^^" I think so anyways... Does anyone else see a problem with this?

Brita_Lee
08-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Nope, Tifa is a girl from a game, so its okie dokie.

Sodina? What does Feena look like? Can I see a screenshot er sumthin'?

Tifa_Lockhart
08-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Okay cool ^^ Just wanted to make sure if you guys were okay with it. Anyway I suppose I shall see you then with my friend! She's cosplaying Nina from Breath of Fire III, the incredibly old game <<;

Lady_Sodina
08-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Awesome!! Yay people!! *^^* I'm so happy, this photoshoot looks like it's going to have a great turnout!!

Brita, here's picture of Feena: http://static.animexx.de/fanfic/60381/45687.jpg

Yeah, I know, little skanky ^^" Oh well though, I dunno, I like it. Actually, my costume covers more of my body than that, so it works ^^" The skirt's not that low, and I think my top goes down a bit farther than that. The bag she's holding too, I'm also making. Actually, I'm about to finish putting on the red ribbon on the handle right now ^^v

Brita_Lee
08-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Awesome!! Yay people!! *^^* I'm so happy, this photoshoot looks like it's going to have a great turnout!!

Brita, here's picture of Feena: http://static.animexx.de/fanfic/60381/45687.jpg

Yeah, I know, little skanky ^^" Oh well though, I dunno, I like it. Actually, my costume covers more of my body than that, so it works ^^" The skirt's not that low, and I think my top goes down a bit farther than that. The bag she's holding too, I'm also making. Actually, I'm about to finish putting on the red ribbon on the handle right now ^^v

Squeee! That is such a cuuuute costume!! =^_^= I can't wait!

I bought bus tickets today! Everything is set to go! Friday, here I come!

Infini
08-26-2005, 12:04 AM
Not that it's really important, but I'm not wearing Ayane to this afterall. Since the FF shoot is an hour after this on the same day, same place, and I was planning on wearing Yuna all Saturday, I'll probably come with that.

I hope people are still planning to come to this. o_o

heki-chan
08-26-2005, 12:30 AM
When is this shoot?

(Please don't flame me, I'm in a rush with costumes and don't have time to read all of the thread..sorriesss ^_^; )

Squall1882
08-26-2005, 01:35 AM
Lol, Heki's a funny kid!!

I copied this from a post

UPDATE!

Girls of Gaming Photoshoot will be at 3pm, main lobby on the Saturday of CNA!!

Ahahahaah.. don't forget to get some rest in all your craziness!!

Kohana
08-26-2005, 07:17 AM
I'll be there.... as Asuka Kazama of Tekken 5....and my friend Kikoro will be Hitomi of Dead or Alive 3....see you all there! ^_^

LinksShadow
08-26-2005, 10:32 AM
my friend is dressed as BlackRose... dun know which days he will dress as her tho...

chiku
08-27-2005, 10:38 PM
omg the photshoot ROCKED i loved everyone costumes!! (i was garnet incase u guys forgot)) lol it wsas funny when thoes random guys just poped into the picture tho

meluikurayami
08-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Haha, yeah, the two random guys were friends of mine from school. XD They were SO amusing. Haha, I can't wait to see pictures. I'm mad I forgot my digital camera but...whatever... The photoshoot was AWESOME~ I hope *someone* can post photos!

I was Alice from American McGee's Alice. ^__^ Me with my last minute, night before costume...but whatever. It'll be improved for November AnimeCON and the next Anime North Jpop dance. ^__^

DiGi_Rin
08-28-2005, 06:48 PM
I agree the photo shoot was great.

My costume is almost completely ruined. I'll be fixing it for Con No Baka

Kohana
08-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Sorry that I didnt show up....I got held up @ another photoshoot :(......I'M SO SORRY!!!!!!

Lady_Sodina
08-28-2005, 09:48 PM
No worries Kohana!! I'll have my pics from the photoshoot up soon *^^* I'm so pleased with how it turned out, and the guys who jumped in where funny ^^v

jiyoon
08-29-2005, 02:08 PM
sorry I didn't show up either. I just wasn't into changing costumes 4 times in one day -0-;