PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Cosplayers? ^_^

Crystalike
07-18-2005, 06:03 PM
*puff of smoke*
Hey all, i'm a big Narutard, and plan to cosplay young Itachi in PMX.

i'm just wondering if there are any other Naruto cosplayers planning to go to PM Expo. if so, we can discuss a possible group meeting and costume tips here!

if you are a Naruto fan at heart and plan to cosplay someone, anyone from Naruto, this is the thread to be on!

Apparently we are planning to go watch the Random Ninjas after we meet up. The time for the meet-up is subject to change, but currently it is...Sunday, at 11 AM, near the Lagoon(?).

Those who do not want to watch the Random Ninjas may go do something else until the concert is over or wait near and take pictures.

Ami Yuy
07-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Yay! Someone started the thread! I was considering it, but never got around to it.

I'm planning on wearing my Sakura costume (long hair, sleevless dress) and my other friends will probably be there in their Sasuke and Hinata costumes as well.

However I think we're only going for the big day (will that be Sunday???) because school starts that week and we're poor college students. ^^;;

shogun
07-19-2005, 07:37 PM
BTW, wasn't Narutocon cancelled?

Mike

*puff of smoke*
Hey all, i'm a big Narutard, and plan to cosplay as Haruno Sakura, 2nd season costume from Naruto; the Second Season. so far, this costume has only appeared in the manga, but will soon be showed in the anime. but i do know that there are many planned 2nd season cosplayers right now.

i'm just wondering if there are any other Naruto cosplayers planning to go to PM Expo. if so, we can discuss a possible group meeting and costume tips here! as well as

if you are a Naruto fan at heart and plan to cosplay someone, anyone from Naruto, this is the thread to be on!

RandomSchoolBoy
07-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Yeah I think this is their second year in a row being cancelled

Something about not having enough Pre-Regs

Freight
07-20-2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah I think this is their second year in a row being cancelled

Something about not having enough Pre-Regs

That's why you need a decent pool of funds before you start a 'con. You can't bank on pre-reg to cover your expenses.

Rosebud
07-21-2005, 02:52 AM
Hopefully I can go! I'll be Hinata (cosplaying with Ami Yuy! *points above*) and we'll most likely drag our friend back as Sasuke! Granted, my costume needs some fix ups and re-dos. ^^;

It would be fun running into more Naruto cosplayers! I'll look forward to it.

Devi Dark Wolf
07-22-2005, 05:47 PM
w0000t, I will totally be there as Itachi! With hopefully brand-new Sharingan contacts! :P And I will try my best to bring my Naruto-cosplay buddies too.

Devi

Crystalike
07-23-2005, 12:00 AM
hahah....omg, i forgot i made the thread.....^_^; *dodges kunais*

umm, i kinda wasnt talking about Narutocon...

it would be so fun if all the Naruto cosplayers outnumbered the other people like at all other cons!!! come on people, let's make this a HUUUUUGE thread!!!!

Hotchik999
07-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Um yeah I'll probably be there Saturday and Sunday as Itachi or Sakura. I'll also most likely be able to drag my friends there.

Midnight
07-24-2005, 03:33 PM
If I can go, I'll be there. =P

Asuma'sFire
07-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I'll probably go as my usual character Asuma...cept I'll have his weapons by then ^-^

Naraku's wish
07-25-2005, 10:36 AM
If I can go, I'll be there. =P
Same, *whispers* i'll be neji.

Crystalike
07-25-2005, 01:29 PM
yay! time jump or not? ^_^

with white contacts? those are so cool!!

we have no Kakashis...wth, he's like the most cosplayed!!! so.....GET YOUR NARUTARD FRIENDS TO COSPLAY!!! seriously ppl, Naruto has the simplest costumes of ANY anime...no? =^_^=

Naraku's wish
07-25-2005, 01:51 PM
yay! time jump or not? ^_^

with white contacts? those are so cool!!

we have no Kakashis...wth, he's like the most cosplayed!!! so.....GET YOUR NARUTARD FRIENDS TO COSPLAY!!! seriously ppl, Naruto has the simplest costumes of ANY anime...no? =^_^=
I dont have enough time to woah mega error lol, he is insanley crazy dressed in the future.

Crystalike
07-25-2005, 09:25 PM
yes, he wears a skirt thing and has bangs! XP i starting laffing my head off when i saw his outfit. (sorry to any neji fans! ^_^;)

we have no Narutos too...T_T

Asuma'sFire
07-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Are you plannin a gathering crystalike? ^_^ that'd be awesome!!

Crystalike
07-26-2005, 06:53 PM
gathering? yup! not sure for which day tho, but most likely on Fri or Sat. it'd be best for all Narutards to get together and walk around like a posse! XD jk!

Naraku's wish
07-27-2005, 05:14 AM
gathering? yup! not sure for which day tho, but most likely on Fri or Sat. it'd be best for all Narutards to get together and walk around like a posse! XD jk!
Friday would be the hardest to gather on :3

Ami Yuy
07-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Friday would be the hardest to gather on :3

Yeah, considering the con only goes from Sat-Mon. No worries, I've been making that mistake for awhile now too. XD

Since the big day is likely to be Sun, may I suggest that day?

It's very likely the my friends and I will only be coming for the biggest day, and we'd definately want to meet up with you all!

Crystalike
07-27-2005, 12:43 PM
OOPS! O_O eheheheheheh...-__-; sorry bout that...hehehe...

yes, Sunday would be a good day! ^_^ howz bout 11 AM? nice and early, and maybe we can all have lunch together? depending on how many Naruto cosplayers there actually are...

Amy, can i ask where you got your Sakura wig? it looks like a high quality wig, and i need one for my new Sakura.

Evil Bishounen
07-27-2005, 12:45 PM
I'll be at PMX as Orochimaru. *points to avatar* Gonna be doing more additions and fixes over the next month or so...

I'll definitely be walking around the con, with 2-4 buddies also cosplaying Naruto characters. However, if a gathering happens, I may or may not show up. On the first two days of the con I'll have masquerade-related stuff to be at, so time conflicts are very likely. So, we'll pretty much just see how it goes when the con comes.

Crystalike
07-27-2005, 01:18 PM
well, cool, we have an Orochi! =D yay, evil snake guy!

now, any random genins?

Ami Yuy
07-27-2005, 02:54 PM
yes, Sunday would be a good day! ^_^ howz bout 11 AM? nice and early, and maybe we can all have lunch together? depending on how many Naruto cosplayers there actually are...

Amy, can i ask where you got your Sakura wig? it looks like a high quality wig, and i need one for my new Sakura.

That time sounds fine to me...I'll have to double check with everyone, but it should be good.

Oracle actually bought it (she bought 99% of the supplies for my Sakura) and she said she got it from the store here on Cosplay.com. I'm pretty sure the color is "Pink" (since it's the only one close) and probably Ashley (http://store.cosplay.com/product.php?productid=16290&cat=304&page=1), because that's the only one I can find that's the right length/style and comes in pink.

It's a gorgeous wig, and yes, very high quality, I'm very very very happy with it, and got TONS of compliments throughout AX.

Which Sakura are you doing? Short or long hair? I'm trying to find a short wig myself (so that I can switch between the two if I don't feel like messing with a long wig) and have glanced through the ones on here, but haven't looked really hard yet...

Crystalike
07-27-2005, 07:19 PM
short hair Sakura! i'm planning on making the second season outfit; i think it's cute and i'm probably going to get nice green contacts too! ^_^ and i'll get to beat ppl up with my ******* powaa!

*Edited for those who dont keep up with the latest chapters of the Naruto manga and miss out.

hmm...yeah, it's hard to find good wigs, Katie Bair would be my choice but they're expensive....T__T

a good Naruto cosplay resource site is Konoha Imports, but something's been wrong with the site for a few weeks...that's where i got my headband, kunais, pouchs, and tatoos.

Naraku's wish
07-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Wonder if we can still do the naruto games?
http://www.narutocon.net/boards/index.php?showtopic=43
those the ninja games >=3

Crystalike
07-28-2005, 01:55 PM
...i dont thnk i can go to that, cuz of summer school, but...i'm going to plan some Naruto games for PMX

Naraku's wish
07-28-2005, 02:56 PM
...i dont thnk i can go to that, cuz of summer school, but...i'm going to plan some Naruto games for PMX
No the games not the con silly

Yuna
07-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Maybe I'll be there! Duno, but maybe, can't say for sure. I"ll be Hinata if I go =3

DaBossKnight
07-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Its kind of funny. My little sister was having regrets for not cosplaying as Rin at AX05.
I think this would be a great second chance for us. That being said let me get to the point.
There's a time and a day but where excatly is everyone supposed to meet at?

Naraku's wish
07-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Maybe I'll be there! Duno, but maybe, can't say for sure. I"ll be Hinata if I go =3
Watch out hinata im neji >=3 lol

Crystalike
07-29-2005, 12:29 PM
XD Yuna will beat you up any day, Naraku...

Time; Sunday, at 11AM meeting place?; not confirmed.

it'd be awesome to have a Rin too!

DaBossKnight
07-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Alrighty, but I do suggest coming up with one by the middle of next month.
Here's a website of the area if you need ideas of the surroundings.
http://super-no1.com/longbeachcc/

Armless Wookiee
07-30-2005, 09:59 PM
I plan on going as chouji i might even have the wings done by then

Yuna
07-30-2005, 10:51 PM
I'd sooner lick a Neji then beat one up. *caugh*

Chizome
07-31-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm also going as season 2 Sakura <3 and maybe, season 2 Naruto or Anko if I can. wheeeeeee! Not sure yet which days I'll get to go, I have to check to see when school starts (damn you LAUSD, DAMN YOU!!!), but hopefully I can go all three days.

Watch out Neji's and Sasuke's, here I come <3

shogun
07-31-2005, 12:58 PM
PMX is over a holiday weekend. I checked the LAUSD schedule this year to avoid the school conflicts we had last year.

Mike

Chizome
07-31-2005, 01:01 PM
wow, thanks! I get to go all three days then ^ ^ so I'll be Sakura, possibly Naruto and Seras Victoria (gotta have one costume not Naruto >.>)

Crystalike
07-31-2005, 11:09 PM
you gonna be Anko too?!?! O_O let's be twin Ankos as well as Sakuras, Chizome-chan!!!! ^_^

Yuna; rofl, yep NEji looks yummy with bangs!

Chizome
07-31-2005, 11:24 PM
ZOMG yess!! That would rock!!!

heehee, I like the new Neji. He ish the smex <3

Naraku's wish
07-31-2005, 11:32 PM
Im going to be glomped majorly -____-

Chizome
07-31-2005, 11:39 PM
you better believe it, hun ^^ <3

Asuma'sFire
08-01-2005, 01:02 AM
wow Naraku...I envy you ^_^

Chizome
08-01-2005, 01:41 AM
Well if I end up doing a Kurenai, if you're gonna be Asuma it'd be almost a requirement for me to glomp you ^ ^

Armless Wookiee
08-01-2005, 02:08 AM
Chouji never gets glomed

Rosebud
08-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Chouji never gets glomed

Aww, I'd glomp a Chouji!

Especially if he gave me some chips... =3

Devi Dark Wolf
08-01-2005, 02:46 AM
I'll be at PMX as Orochimaru. *points to avatar* Gonna be doing more additions and fixes over the next month or so...

Yesss, so can I get proper pictures with you, evilbishounen? Teh ev0l characters of Naruto are too sexy for the rest.

Devi

Evil Bishounen
08-01-2005, 04:02 AM
Yesss, so can I get proper pictures with you, evilbishounen? Teh ev0l characters of Naruto are too sexy for the rest.
Sure. :square: I'll probably be hard to miss, even if I can't make it to any official gathering.

"Evil will always triumph...because good is dumb." -- Dark Helmet

Crystalike
08-01-2005, 11:56 AM
yeah! your Orochi is the best! we must have you!!!! (umm, not that way...) ^.^;

Chizome; twin Sakuras and Ankos, this is getting better!

Asuma'sFire
08-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Hey Hey...there's an Asuma and Kurenai ^-^ that's twice the romance =D hahah but I'm debatin..should I got as sexy Asuma (male...yaoi??) or regular Asuma...someone help??!!

Chizome
08-01-2005, 02:31 PM
um.... regular Asuma......

Asuma'sFire
08-01-2005, 02:32 PM
hahah I was just thinkin that....thanks ^-^
hahah Probably for AnimeLA I'll do that =D

Armless Wookiee
08-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Aww, I'd glomp a Chouji!

Especially if he gave me some chips... =3

Would you like some Sun Chips?

Rosebud
08-02-2005, 02:19 AM
Would you like some Sun Chips?

Oh, that would be lovely, especially now! *So...hungry...*

Aw, now I hope I go all 3 days to the con...I can't wait for this gathering though! Gotta keep fixing my outfit before school starts again...blah.

Crystalike
08-03-2005, 01:10 PM
who are you going to be? ^_^

i think i'll be in and out of costumes...lemme count;
1. Young Itachi
2. new Sakura
3. Anko
4. Namine from KH
...oh pooh, and i think i'm only going 2 days...XP

Asuma's Fire; one normal Asuma, please, with a side dish of Kurenai too! ^_^

Chizome
08-03-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm thinking

1) new Sakura
2)Anko
3)Heaven Seal 2 Sasuke (heh, like that'll happen >.>)
4)Kurenai or Serapip

Crystalike
08-03-2005, 01:19 PM
who is Serapip? new Naruto character??

Chizome
08-03-2005, 01:25 PM
lol, no she's from Hellsing. I'd tell you about her, but it's a major spoiler ^^;;

Evil Bishounen
08-03-2005, 05:21 PM
I'd suggest to everyone to not bother mentioning any costumes that aren't Naruto related. This IS a Naruto thread, after all. And please keep up the no-spoiler courtesy in the process...

As for myself, I'll likely be changing some of my cosplay plans around a little, though I'll still be Orochimaru for 1 1/2 to 2 days. The only day I know I'm wearing the costume for certain now is Sunday, and 95% chance says I won't be making any gatherings that day.

Crystalike
08-03-2005, 05:56 PM
to Evil Bishounen; how much white makeup powder do you have to use every time you cosplay Orochimaru? does it smear on your wig too? O_O ^_^

Chizome
08-03-2005, 05:58 PM
so pale @_@ I need to learn how to pull it off like you do.

Evil Bishounen
08-03-2005, 06:13 PM
to Evil Bishounen; how much white makeup powder do you have to use every time you cosplay Orochimaru? does it smear on your wig too? O_O ^_^

Actually, very little of it comes off, surprisingly. It didn't really smear, and I forgot I was even wearing the makeup once it was done. The only place I really got makeup on was the inside of my turtleneck collar, but my neck didn't really lose much paleness. (The white stains on the inside of my collar weren't too much of an eyesore, but I'll be remedying the problem when I swap the blue shirt out for a white one next time.)

As for how much make-up I used, I can't really give you an accurate guess. I've only gotten into the full make-up once, and I wasted A LOT of it before my friend and I finally figured out how to get it right.

Chizome
08-03-2005, 06:16 PM
wow..... sounds interesting. Go Orochimaru-sama!!! And watch Jiraiya-sama chase him with SPORK NO JUTSU!!

Evil Bishounen
08-03-2005, 07:23 PM
wow..... sounds interesting. Go Orochimaru-sama!!! And watch Jiraiya-sama chase him with SPORK NO JUTSU!!
*sweatdrops* I think I'm missing something. I don't think I'll ask.

Chizome
08-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Lol, based on a fanart I saw where Tsunade, Jiraiya and Kabuto are taking turns whacking Orochimaru with a giant spork that was stuck in the ground. So cute :3

Evil Bishounen
08-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Lol, based on a fanart I saw where Tsunade, Jiraiya and Kabuto are taking turns whacking Orochimaru with a giant spork that was stuck in the ground. So cute :3

*sweatdrops again* right.... Let's get back on topic now.....

Ami Yuy
08-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Okay, well I'm going to post in the Gathering thread (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=57745&page=1&pp=15) the time and day (Sun @ 11 AM), just to make sure we don't get overlapped with something else...

Um, what about place? When I was last there in 2002 (LBC) for AX and it was my first con so I was a bit overwhelmed and don't have a great memory of it. The pictures Super No 1 put up (http://super-no1.com/longbeachcc/) could be useful, I just haven't spent much time looking myself, yet...

DaBossKnight
08-04-2005, 06:21 PM
OMG you and I soooo think alike. I was going to do the same thing.
However, I think we should simply meet at the front of the covention building.
It saves time and alot of confusion for us who have never been there.
Anyone have any dissagreements about it ... or better suggestions?

Chizome
08-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Nope, I'm all for it. <3

Crystalike
08-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Nope! since this will be my first AX, meeting in the front would be best, so we can show everyone just how popular Naruto is! =D

Evil Bishounen; but it still is a pain to do the makeup every time, right? ^_^;

Chizome; how'z your paper Sakura doing? XP

Evil Bishounen
08-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Nope! since this will be my first AX, meeting in the front would be best, so we can show everyone just how popular Naruto is! =D
Er....This is PMX, not AX. AX happened a month ago. >.>

Evil Bishounen; but it still is a pain to do the makeup every time, right? ^_^;
I can't really make that kind of judgment call. I've already said that I've only done the full makeup once, and you can hardly pull a general "every time" statement out of a single occurance.

Insofar that I need a second person to get the makeup on me because I can't fully see what I'm doing when working on myself, yes, you could consider that a pain...

Chizome
08-05-2005, 03:16 PM
XD okay.... but dad says he's gettin home early tonight..... (Inner Chiz: *snorts and spews soda everywhere* Early my butt..... we all know the way fathers judge time...) so maybe.... just maybe >.>

Crystalike
08-05-2005, 10:43 PM
oops, had my mind on other things...XP

Chizome; hmm, it'd be hard to SNORT and spew Soda....XD so, what colors are you going to use for Anko? like i already told ya, mine's black and red, with the tan coat, are you going to do the normal tan coat and brown and white scheme? =P

Chizome
08-06-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm thinking either the normal one or all black, or maybe ANBU Anko. X3

Crystalike
08-07-2005, 01:35 PM
ooh, Anbu..^___^ if you do that one, are you goign to buy the mask or make it? =d

Chizome
08-07-2005, 01:46 PM
make it, of course. And dad's FINALLY taking me fabric shopping tonight ^ ^

Crystalike
08-07-2005, 01:51 PM
ooh, yes, make sure to print out the list of fabric i pmed you! XP

Chizome
08-07-2005, 01:53 PM
of course <3 I appreciate the help ^^

Crystalike
08-07-2005, 06:00 PM
all cosplayers need a helping hand sometime! whether it's Ebay, cosplay.com or other places...

shogun
08-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Out of curiosity, is anyone going as Temari in Naruto?

Mike

Chizome
08-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Well, I have a costume slot open, so to speak, so I might. If I do, it would definately be season 2 though.

Freight
08-08-2005, 02:36 PM
I've trolled the LBCC several times since 2002 for varying reasons.

There's four places I can think of to have this besides the Hyatt Lobby (those guys are unusually nice to cosplayers):

1. LBCC lobby. It's nice and very well spaced out.
2. LBCC patio. Very spacious if the lines are minimized.
3. Stairs between the LBCC & Hyatt. Gray and concrete, gets direct sun in the late morning to early afternoon.
4. Rainbow Lagoon. If there's no rainfall, it shouldn't be muddy.

I'm the kind of person, I don't mind walking to the Lagoon. It's around the Hyatt building facing the docks.

Crystalike
08-08-2005, 02:46 PM
hmm, it rains in Long Beach in September? the Rainbow Lagoon sounds good to pose at.

Evil Bishounen
08-08-2005, 03:56 PM
hmm, it rains in Long Beach in September?
It rained in Long Beach on the first day or two of AX 2001, and that was in July.

Ami Yuy
08-08-2005, 05:31 PM
I've trolled the LBCC several times since 2002 for varying reasons.

There's four places I can think of to have this besides the Hyatt Lobby (those guys are unusually nice to cosplayers):

1. LBCC lobby. It's nice and very well spaced out.
2. LBCC patio. Very spacious if the lines are minimized.
3. Stairs between the LBCC & Hyatt. Gray and concrete, gets direct sun in the late morning to early afternoon.
4. Rainbow Lagoon. If there's no rainfall, it shouldn't be muddy.

I'm the kind of person, I don't mind walking to the Lagoon. It's around the Hyatt building facing the docks.How do you get to the Lagoon? I think it does sound like a neat place to take pics, but is it easy to find?

We could always meet up on the patio and then go over together.

Also, is anyone planning to do Naruto, Sasuke, or Kakashi? I'm not sure my friend will be coming in her Sasuke costume, so... x.x I mean, we may have a couple Sakuras, but what about the rest of team 7? *would love to get some fun pictures*

Asuma'sFire
08-09-2005, 12:53 AM
OMG...which characters do we have that are goin?

Ami Yuy
08-09-2005, 02:41 AM
OMG...which characters do we have that are goin?
Sakura (2nd season)/Anko - Crystalike
Sakura (2nd season)/Anko/Naruto (?) - Chizome
Sakura - Ami Yuy
Itachi/Sakura - Hotchik999
Itachi - Devi Dark Wolf
Hinata - Rosebud
Hinata - Yuna (possibly)
Sasuke (?) - Midnight (possibly)
Asuma - Asuma'sFire
Neji- Naraku's wish
Orochimaru - evilbishounen
Chouji - sirgimp218

No confirmed Sasuke or Naruto...not even a mention of Kakashi... ;_;

Chizome
08-09-2005, 11:39 AM
omg... I might do an ANBU Kakashi simply because I'm already making the ANBU Anko costume... and then wear it half the day!! Yuss.

Freight
08-09-2005, 02:49 PM
How do you get to the Lagoon? I think it does sound like a neat place to take pics, but is it easy to find?

We could always meet up on the patio and then go over together.

Well, there is a way to get there from the lobby. If everyone meets in the lobby, we can take a 7 minute walk from the lobby, through the pool area and it's exit, and follow the walkway around to the lagoon. It's really pretty easy to get to.

BTW, I'm thinking of doing my Shino for the con, as I didn't get a chance to at the AX.

Crystalike
08-10-2005, 12:44 AM
whee, fun! yay! wait...we have no confirmed Sasuke...that kinda stinks...XP

yeah, the Lagoon should do, it sounds like a good place! ^_^ i'm hoping for a modified 2nd season team 7 too....=( if there is none.

Chizome; have you gotten fabric yet? this is getting a little...

Chizome
08-10-2005, 12:04 PM
I know it is. Dad's pissing me off. -_-

DaBossKnight
08-10-2005, 12:39 PM
My little sister is going as Rin (the girl on Kakashi's team).
Is anybody going as Kid Kakashi or Obito?

Armless Wookiee
08-11-2005, 02:23 PM
hey its not confirmed yet but i might be bringing my little bro as either Kiba or Lee

Crystalike
08-14-2005, 07:04 PM
still no Sasuke...i am so sad...but most likely, there will be one walking around that we can grab. ;)

change of costume plans; only new Sakura. Anko will take too much time to put on...

Chizome
08-15-2005, 08:41 PM
I think my head's going to explode. Dad's saying we can't afford the damn fabric... much less the wig. I'll prolly just be generic Tenten or something.

Armless Wookiee
08-21-2005, 11:48 PM
hey so where are we meeting again

YamiMegumi
08-22-2005, 12:39 AM
I will probably go as ANBU Tenten with my Lee-san!

Devi Dark Wolf
08-22-2005, 03:27 PM
still no Sasuke...i am so sad...but most likely, there will be one walking around that we can grab. ;)

change of costume plans; only new Sakura. Anko will take too much time to put on...

Midnight will be Sasuke. *uber grin*

Crystalike
08-23-2005, 08:25 PM
?!!? Chizome; can i drive to your house, can i lock up your dad, drag you to the fabric store, pay for your fabric and take you to the convention myself??!!??! AGH! *mutters incessantly

i got an okay wig off EBay for $18 total, including shipping, it's one of those model-type rose pink wigs, it will need some touchups, and i think it's a little short, but oh well...-__-;

Chizome
08-23-2005, 08:28 PM
You probably do >< I'd go along with it too, and throw chloroform into the mix.... >< I'm so sorry, I thought dad would be a tad more helpful.... I'm still bugging him about the fabric though.

Crystalike
08-23-2005, 08:38 PM
good! have patience! eh, well i guess you coudl go for a modern-day Sakura with a red tank top and tan shorts and black boots or socks? ^_^

Chizome
08-23-2005, 08:44 PM
XD maybe. Or just go as some fluffy... thing... @_@

Crystalike
08-24-2005, 07:12 PM
fluffy? Naruto fluffy character? Kiba? eh?

Chizome
08-24-2005, 07:13 PM
XD as in, FMA nina fluffy... like mascot Kyuubi o.o

El Kaato
08-26-2005, 02:58 AM
Hey fellow narutards, i'm in a small band called random ninjas, and I think it'd be quite the rawking if y'all made it out to our show before the masquerade on sunday. We got a bunch of naruto tunes we'd like to play for the anime crowd, and we'd think it'd be totally kick ass if the audience was filled with a bunch of Naruto cosplayers rocking out with us!

Haha, so this tangential-threadjack is an earnest invitation to all you fellow nin to show your allegiance and have a narutarded time with us!

-Kaato.
www.randomninjas.com

DaBossKnight
08-26-2005, 07:51 PM
They didn't even leave a time and an exact place incase anyone was interested.
Sheesh, I had to go seaching for it for my self. So here's a copy for you guys.
I got it straight from their website, so any spelling mistakes are NOT my fault!

Time The Random Ninjas are performing: September 4, 2005
11:00AM between Pine*AM and the CosFest!!!
Where: Long Beach Convention Center

(Remember - The Naruto gathering is scheduled for 11 AM on Sunday)

That's kind of sad, seeing that we planed to meet at that excate time too!
So even if we all wanted to see it, we wouldn't be able too.
Oh well, these things happen.

Crystalike
08-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Wow! the Random Ninjas! =D i am soooo interested!!! <3 <3 aww, well, i guess we could watch at least half the show after meeting up? ^_^

Chizome
08-27-2005, 01:08 PM
ZOMG!! HELL YEAH!!! or we could just meet a little earlier... *shrug*

Crystalike
08-27-2005, 05:05 PM
XD yes, that is another option. we can use our skills to poof into the concert!

Chizome
08-27-2005, 05:09 PM
XD of course! Go ANBU Anko/Sakura/other show thingie..... poof!

Naraku's wish
08-27-2005, 08:20 PM
I dont think I can have neji done in a week but if it is possible I will be at the gathering dressed, but I will have regular eye's.

Crystalike
08-27-2005, 09:37 PM
yay! neji-kun! *glomps are you going to wear a wig?

Armless Wookiee
08-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Where exactly is the gathering taking place

El Kaato
08-28-2005, 02:27 AM
XD of course! Go ANBU Anko/Sakura/other show thingie..... poof!

Haha, any efforts by fellow nin to catch our set is always much appreciated... even if it requires slitting throats/explosive seals/seducing the burrito-eating guard, etc.

I actually wish I could make it to the gathering myself... but as a random ninja, I would probably be killed five seconds into the first photograph protecting a much more charismatic cosplayer from stray kunai.

annshenus
08-28-2005, 02:32 AM
well me and my friends will go as
tsunade, haku and temari on sunday
Holp i can see you guys there^^

RandomSchoolBoy
08-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Hey there everyone, I noticed you guys dont have a specific spot planned for your Naruto Gathering yet, I was wondering If I could make a suggestion?

Like Kaato (RN Bassist) said, Random Ninjas will be having a concert at the same time as your planned gathering. and I thought wouldnt it be great if you guys could have your gathering at the Random Ninja's Concert?

This way you guys wont need to carry around a stereo to play your Naru-tunes, the Ninjas got ya covered

They have a Haruka Kanata and other Openings in the song list and they composed together a 16minute Naruto-Meledy (okay that might be a lie but it still is one hella long song) ^_^

tinabot
08-29-2005, 04:11 PM
hey everyone! I'm probably going to go as a retarded little random genin, Hinata-ish, but I was wondering about the gathering time.

I'm totally going to Random Ninjas concert (like the Narutard I am), but I want to go to the gathering, too! :( Is there anyway the gathering time can be changed?

Also, I read through the thread but I didn't see where the decided location is going to be. TASUKETE! :lost:

How's about the Random Ninjas booth after the concert?

fusica
08-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Cool Naruto Gathering... Ima be Ebisu Sensei... any konohamaru or naruto harem no jutsu?

Chizome
08-29-2005, 08:28 PM
not to my knowledge, maybe a Jiraiya. Not sure though.

DaBossKnight
08-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Like Kaato (RN Bassist) said, Random Ninjas will be having a concert at the same time as your planned gathering. and I thought wouldnt it be great if you guys could have your gathering at the Random Ninja's Concert?

NO! That is a terrible idea! Can you imagine the chaos?!!!!!!!! The band is the main attraction. There will be lots of people gathering to see the band, and throwing in a bunch of Naruto cosplayers will cause a second attraction, CAUSING A FIRE HAZARD!!! Anyway, either A) Change the time or B) Forget about the concert. In my opinion, the concert is not worth seeing, because they are an amateur band.

So, you have an ultimatum, either A) Go to the band and change the gathering time or B) Go to the gathering and forget about the band (I said it twice so you can't say you didn't read it!). Choose wisely! We only have so many days left. FOUR DAYS!

The location to meet WILL BE THE FRONT OF THE CONVENTION CENTER. From there, we will decide where we will actually take the pictures. Okay, people?

KTMonkeyJ
08-30-2005, 05:34 PM
I'll be Kin Tsuchi~
hope to see you guys there!

tinabot
08-31-2005, 02:09 AM
They have a Haruka Kanata and other Openings in the song list and they composed together a 16minute Naruto-Meledy (okay that might be a lie but it still is one hella long song) ^_^

Actually, I don't think you're that far off...I think it is 16 minutes long!! and that's just ONE of their Naruto Medleys!! :skidude2:

YAY TOSHIRO MASUDA MUSIC RAWKS! :bigtu:

Plus RN is doing this special *show* this time that they didn't do before... :jjacks: :dance:

El Kaato
08-31-2005, 04:45 AM
NO! That is a terrible idea! Can you imagine the chaos?!!!!!!!! The band is the main attraction. There will be lots of people gathering to see the band, and throwing in a bunch of Naruto cosplayers will cause a second attraction, CAUSING A FIRE HAZARD!!! Anyway, either A) Change the time or B) Forget about the concert. In my opinion, the concert is not worth seeing, because they are an amateur band.

I'll agree with the DaBossKnight that it would be very difficult to take pictures of the gathering as our concert is being performed, so he has good reason to argue against having the aforementioned Naruto gathering in the venue AS our concert is occuring.

He's also unfortunately correct in noting that we are indeed something of an amateur band, as opposed to a professional band. A professional band would likely be signed to a label, and would no doubt not only be compensated for their efforts and expenditures, but also be making a profit as well.

Random Ninjas, on the other hand, is an unsigned band that has spent several thousand dollars of their own money on practice space, gear, and promotional materials, not to mention over a hundred hours of practice not only writing original J-rock/pop material, but also learning a large number of anime songs that anime fans love because we're anime fans too. Like you man. :-/

In anycase, if the sole criteria for seeing any given band is that they be signed to a huge label, are super famous, and make tens of millions of dollars, then I suppose we must part ways in the end as we're not the band for you. To those Naruto fans of you who just LOVE anime and japanese culture, like I do, and are spending the entire weekend devoted to your world-encompassing fandom, then I hope you find some time after the gathering to make it to tail end of the Random Ninjas concert, as it is definitely dedicated to all the Narutards at the convention. We may be an "amateur band', but we're working hard to express our affection for the hobby we all love.

So, hope to see the lot of you there this weekend, and don't be afraid to stop by the Random Ninja's booth on sat/sun to say hi and grab a sticker or two for the road!!! ;-)
-Kaato

El Kaato
08-31-2005, 05:03 AM
Oh, and again, sorry for the threadjack :-/

Crystalike
08-31-2005, 08:09 PM
that's okay, this thread is NOT for dissing anyone, especialy the Random Ninjas who so politely invited us to come see their show! >=o anyone who wishes not to go watch may stand off at a distance and watch the NAruto group dancing and rocking around.

Dark_Wings
08-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Alright, I've been thinking about it, and if you people would like me to, I could bring my Pakkun cosplay for your guy's gathering... but yah. ._.; So if anyone wants me too, I will. But only if some people say so. XD

Armless Wookiee
08-31-2005, 10:13 PM
I think you should bring it

Chizome
08-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Most definately. And if my daddy dearest would get the last of the fabric I need and fix the stupid ancient sewing machine, I'd join you guys.

tinabot
09-01-2005, 01:26 AM
*eyes large and watery* it's like a dream come true... :dance:

I'd better go review the lyrics so I can sing along...what kind of random Naruto genin would I be if I didn't know the lyrics :woah: :square:

So when and where's the gathering! I got my camera ready! :D

oh, and my friend made me this kakashi ninja mask that freakin rocks! yay!

that's okay, this thread is NOT for dissing anyone, especialy the Random Ninjas who so politely invited us to come see their show! >=o anyone who wishes not to go watch may stand off at a distance and watch the NAruto group dancing and rocking around.

Chizome
09-01-2005, 07:18 AM
*sigh* Well guys, I'd love to say I could join you but I'll tell you right now, I probably won't be going. *incoherent dark muttering* *stabs a Barbie doll* If, by some miracle, I do make it, I won't be able to cosplay. I doubt *daddy dearest* will be dependable, and I'd love to see everyone at a different con, but by the look of things, seeing how this turned out, I don't think I'lll be getting to ANY cons until I'm 18 and out of the house. Sorry. Hope you guys have fun.

Squall
09-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey guys! Just wanted to get an update here. What's the location you all plan to meet at? I need to update the Gathering List by tonight.

Thanks.

Devi Dark Wolf
09-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Moshpit!!! As long as it's gentle on the costumes, I think it'd be a blast. XD

Devi

Ami Yuy
09-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Hey guys! Just wanted to get an update here. What's the location you all plan to meet at? I need to update the Gathering List by tonight.

Thanks.

In front of the convention center.

Crystalike
09-02-2005, 10:33 PM
all the info is on the first page....i edited it.

yay! see you guys tomorrowww! <3

tinabot
09-03-2005, 03:28 AM
I'm all ready at PMX :D

all the info is on the first page....i edited it.

yay! see you guys tomorrowww! <3

DaBossKnight
09-03-2005, 09:05 AM
We'll be there for sure! If you see Rin(Naruto)and Rukia(Bleach) You'll know its us. We might also have a Sakura with us as well. So that its from me. I will see you all there!

WeretHekau
09-04-2005, 01:21 AM
i'm gonna be at PMX i hope...my mom just said TODAY that i can GO -____- but...i'll probably be going on monday...;____;...ANBU-ness. Can't do Sasuke cuz...well, he takes way too long to prepare >.>;;;

DaBossKnight
09-04-2005, 07:53 AM
I already put my images from saturday in my gallery. Come take a look at them!

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=23644&member=4223

Asuma'sFire
09-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Here's pics from sunday...enjoy...oh yeah it's spread all around my profile so bare with me
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=34138

DaBossKnight
09-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Alright! I'm totally finished uploading all my images from Sunday and Monday.
All of the Naruto Gathering photos are in this folder, so come check them out!!!

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=23892&member=4223
(You can find them on page 1 all the way to 5)

Rosebud
09-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Alright! I'm totally finished uploading all my images from Sunday and Monday.
All of the Naruto Gathering photos are in this folder, so come check them out!!!

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=23892&member=4223
(You can find them on page 1 all the way to 5)

Wow, so many pics! Awesome. Just like AX! You rock. ^_^

DaBossKnight
09-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks, I simply love taking pictures of every one!
All your costumes came out perfect, you guys are great!
Also I want you guys to feel like the gathering was worth it.
It having been so tiny, I tryed to take as many photos as possible.
I hope you like the pictures!

Ami Yuy
09-11-2005, 10:38 PM
My pics are up from the gathering.

Right here. (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=24039&member=1186)

Most of them were taken by my awesome friend Tore and a couple by me. Feel free to use them if you want. ^_^

They're mostly from the second half of the gathering cause we got there late (heh, huffing and puffing XD) and then the camera got there even later than us. ^^;;

Nekobo
09-12-2005, 02:06 AM
I uploaded some pictures from the Naruto photo shoot in my Member Gallery. Enjoy!

Skatan
09-20-2005, 03:25 AM
i'm gonna be at PMX i hope...my mom just said TODAY that i can GO -____- but...i'll probably be going on monday...;____;...ANBU-ness. Can't do Sasuke cuz...well, he takes way too long to prepare >.>;;;
I totally know wut u mean I was probably the only Sasuke at AX that didn't quite get the hair down. I also hated how impossible it is to skate with those stupid sandals! I ended up just wearing my skate shoes instead cuz I figured it would b more fun if I could do tricks as opposed to having the costume down (same reason I didn't shave either, I look silly w/no facial hair)[
I think its better if u just have fun w/it. So many ppl get all upset over costumes that aren't accurate and I think cosplaying is more about having fun than being accurate. Of course there r exceptions (ppl w/cardboard signs can die a horrible death for all I care)