PDA

View Full Version : King of Fighters Gathering!!!!

Youko_Kurama
07-19-2005, 03:26 AM
Sorry if I miss spelled anything. Do not know all the characters and how to spell their names right. Once again sorry.

SNK vs Capcom Gathering:

Day: Saturday
Time:10:00 - 11:00 pm
Place:Westan lobby

List of characters:
Mai (KOF)- Youko_Kurama
Iori (KOF)- OtakuGodfather
Tengu - Evolution
Iori Yagami(KOF) - Jujubeans
Shingo (KOF) - Michi

Characters from Capcom:
Bison
Yun - Dvl_Sasuke
Yang - Dvl_Sasuke's friend
Akuma - Dvl_Sasuke's friend
Rock Howard (cross) - Mai-chan

SNK vs Capcom Pool Side/ Swimsuit Gathering:

Day:Saturday
Time:2-3
Place: Westin Hotel pool

SNK Characters:
Mai - Youko_Kurama
Iori - OtakuGodfather
Kyo - Youko_Kurama's friend
Andy - Videogamefanboy
Mature - ???

Capcom Characters:
Bison
ChunLi - Mai-chan

Eurobeat King
07-20-2005, 01:59 PM
It'll be interesting to see a KOF gathering at Yaoicon, but then again it'll be good for those attending who want to see something different (a hot Mai cosplayer) and also for those who want KOF Y-style (Kyo & Iori) so good luck to your gathering! :) Any chance you might have Angel done by then or will I see that sooner like at Animagic?

Youko_Kurama
07-23-2005, 01:50 AM
Sadly I do not think I will be going to ani-magic.... There has been some problems as of late... that and I have a Big costume I need to make so the chances are not so good for ani-magic.... But as for Angel well I will be bringing her to Yaoi con for sure... Just not sure if I want to where it to this gathering... I think Mai is a better pick for this time around... I guess it is a matter of my mood on the day of the gathering... That and if another Mai joins us then there is no need for my Mai so I could do Angel... But she sould be do really soon... sadly the con that I will be showing her off at you will not be going to... well not that I know of. Sorry EBK. But you will see her at Yaoi for sure.

Oh about the Yaoi part of the gathering... well I need to update the list... but I am sure that a Kyo and Iori have already joined... well that is what they were saying on the Yaoi site... I will have to go look. Be right back for an update.

Oh EBK, when are you going to join in the KOF fun... I was sure that you have at least one KOF costume running around in your house somewhere. You should join. It would make things fun. *Giggles*

Youko_Kurama
07-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Umm, What do people think of having two KOF gatherings... one swim suit gathering? It seems that some people want one on Yaoicon.com..... Just thought that I would ask and see what all you thought about it.

Eurobeat King
07-24-2005, 07:46 AM
Youko: At least I'll see your Angel at the Sacto-con this next weekend (end of July) before seeing it at Yaoicon, and if I don't get too many pics of her at that small 1(or 2) day con, I'll besure to get more at Yaoicon, where it's a little easier to feel comfy wearing it w/o kids & parents staring at you.. hehe

I used to have a Kim Kapwhan costume, but then retired it. I modified it in 2002 to become one of his sons, Kim Jae Hoon, but I haven't worn that in a while and so it's been since retired. I DO have Hibiki Takane (from Last Blade 2 and Capcom vs. SNK 2) and could wear that, if your gathering is open to ANY character from SNK and not just KOF. It would be fun to wear her again (yesh, she is a girl so I'd be crossplaying) but depending on how busy it is, we'll see. Although I would love to get pics with you as Mai or Angel for some pair pics. *cough* yuri-pics.. ;) So we'll see..

Youko_Kurama
07-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Ok I am open to it... lets have the two gatherings. One for pool side, which will only be KOF characters and have the other be all of SNK, Any SNK characters. If more people want to do a Capcom vs SNK gathering then we can change it. But first I need to get the feed back on it. I will change the first post to open up the SNK gathering and the pool side KOF gathering.

Eurobeat King
07-24-2005, 11:54 PM
lets have the two gatherings. One for pool side, which will only be KOF characters and have the other be all of SNK, Any SNK characters. If more people want to do a Capcom vs SNK gathering then we can change it. But first I need to get the feed back on it. I will change the first post to open up the SNK gathering and the pool side KOF gathering.

Thanks for adding me to the list (for now) for the SNK gathering. Even though I'm not 100% sure if I'll be doing the regular KOF/SNK gathering, I know fersure I'm NOT going to be in the SNK swimsuit gathering.. Hibiki IS a girl, and I don't think I could pull THAT off.. hehe :thumbsup: Plus she wears a hakama, and it wouldn't look good wearing half of that along with a swimsuit.. Not to mention my friend who made the costume for me would kill me if she saw me doing something like that.. :miffed:

Eveil
08-02-2005, 04:41 AM
poolside KOF? ooo, bishie yaoiness

Youko_Kurama
08-03-2005, 03:46 AM
Welp some Capcomers talked me into changing the gathering.... so it looks like it will be SNK vs Capcom for both gatherings.

*Giggles* In the pool we should have some kind of game.... SNK vs Capcom.... Wonder who will win?

videogamefanboy
08-03-2005, 05:01 AM
youko I am not shure if I want to wear andy or kensou or I just might bring back joe so I do not know who I will be cosplaying if I cosplay at all.

Evolution
08-03-2005, 05:16 AM
Yeah...ease off the pressure a little bit there...fanboy should wear Andy Higashi...a mix of the two, and he should be constantly popping dumplings in his mouth, a la Kensou...there's the answer...

Incidentally...Does a large phallic shaped nose on a Tengu mask constitute a connection to Yaoi??? If not, so what...I'm throwing my oh-so-present hat into this gathering...

Youko_Kurama
08-03-2005, 05:21 AM
youko I am not shure if I want to wear andy or kensou or I just might bring back joe so I do not know who I will be cosplaying if I cosplay at all.

I'm sorry.... I will wait for you to make up your mind if you want to cosplay. I will wait for the reply. Sorry.

Youko_Kurama
08-03-2005, 05:22 AM
Incidentally...Does a large phallic shaped nose on a Tengu mask constitute a connection to Yaoi??? If not, so what...I'm throwing my oh-so-present hat into this gathering...

So does that mean that you are in?

Evolution
08-03-2005, 05:31 AM
Barring a massive infection, yes...

I'm being dragged along as technical support anyway, I may as well do something to mark the occassion...Hell, there's like J and us and in total like 8 people sharing a room again this time anyway, so it's no skin offa my nose...

Jujubeans
08-05-2005, 04:48 PM
I suppose if my hubby is going, I am going too. Put me down for Iori Yagami then. Poolside Iori? We shall see.. I'll check with the Master of the Universe first.

EDIT: I'm not going as the beach lookin' Iori with the speedo...

Youko_Kurama
08-05-2005, 11:51 PM
I suppose if my hubby is going, I am going too. Put me down for Iori Yagami then. Poolside Iori? We shall see.. I'll check with the Master of the Universe first.

EDIT: I'm not going as the beach lookin' Iori with the speedo...

Speedo?..... Scary!

Anyway I will add you. Thanks for joining.

BlackDelo
08-06-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm not going as the beach lookin' Iori with the speedo...

Neither am I, thankfully! My friend Chris was freaking out when I first made the poolside Iori last year. Apparently, some guy at some point did a poolside version and it included a speedo. He was so freaked.

Jujubeans
08-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Neither am I, thankfully! My friend Chris was freaking out when I first made the poolside Iori last year. Apparently, some guy at some point did a poolside version and it included a speedo. He was so freaked.

Two reasons for that really...

1.) I'm not lean
2.) I have boobs

If I have time PERHAPS I'll make his pants into swim trunks and improvise, lol. Only if time permits.

BlackDelo
08-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Two reasons for that really...

1.) I'm not lean
2.) I have boobs

If I have time PERHAPS I'll make his pants into swim trunks and improvise, lol. Only if time permits.

::thinks back to Fanime:: I think you'd look fine in a speedo ^______^ ::gets malleted::

Jujubeans
08-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Um... right. :untrust:

Evolution
08-11-2005, 02:52 AM
*Blue lights and Fog fill the arena*

*GONG*

Oh yeah...I second that malleting...a few dozen more times...

Jujubeans
08-12-2005, 12:36 PM
:D You're my savior sweetie! *glomp* Now to make a Mr.Karate swimsuit! j/k

Michi
08-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Maybe I can fix up my old Shingo cosplay for YaoiCon... XD He's the only male KOF character I ever really intend to cosplay anytime soon. o.o;

Aufklarung
08-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Capcom under represented again! I need to help fix that >_>

Youko_Kurama
08-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Well I would do Capcom... but sadly I do not have a costume... maybe later in the future... but not for this con. I am sure that some other people will join. Well I hope so.

Jujubeans
08-31-2005, 06:40 AM
I still have to draw up Bathing Iori if I plan to go still... priorities and financies, yay.

Cadmium Polyphony
09-13-2005, 05:00 PM
This thread is getting a little stagnant, so I was wondering if the gathering is still a go?

Jujubeans
09-13-2005, 05:57 PM
It probably is. PM Youko or something.

Eveil
09-13-2005, 06:00 PM
It probably is. PM Youko or something.

um ok, then why the need for a gathering thread if all we need to do is PM? xD lol

Youko_Kurama
09-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Sorry guys... I have been doing so much, so I have not been on for some time. Anyway, I was thinking of having both gatherings on saturday. SNK vs Capcom some time early in the day and the swimsuit one later in the day. What do you all think?

Eurobeat King
09-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Youko: Sorry to tell you, but it appears I'm going to be too busy that Yaoi-con weekend to wear Hibiki for the CvS gathering. :lost: I'm already going to be juggling 3-4 costumes that weekend, along with photoshoots I'll be doing on Friday, so I won't have time to cosplay with you all. My apologies, but I'll still be around to take pictures of your CvS and (possibly) the swimsuit gathering. If anything comes up I'll let you know, but for now please take my name off the gathering list. Thanks.

Dvl_Sasuke
10-04-2005, 07:02 PM
3 members of capcom are going to the gathering
myself===yun
my 2 friends as===yang and akuma
see ya guys there

Youko_Kurama
10-05-2005, 03:44 PM
EBK: I have taken you off the list. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that in the end you will join us... or well just come and take pictures.

Dvl_Sasuke: I have added you and your friends. Thanks for joining. I am happy to hear that we now have more Capcom characters joining us.

Ok I have asked this before. I would like to know if Saturday is all cool and if it will work out for everyone. The reason I would like the gatherings to be on Saturday is so that we can have both of them and have then a good time apart from each other, but still have them on the same day. This way the people that are in both gatherings can just dress up as thier characters all day. I am most likly going to be Mai, so it would be easy for me to just be Mai all day for both gatherings. So please get back to me about what times and great places would it be best to have the gathering. :japan: Thank you so much.

Eurobeat King
10-07-2005, 01:18 PM
EBK: I have taken you off the list. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that in the end you will join us... or well just come and take pictures.

I will do my best to be there to take pictures of your group, at least for the non-swimsuit KOF gathering. :) Just find me on Friday and remind me, so I can plan my schedule accordingly.

I know you posted in another thread, but I figured it'd be appropriate to talk here since it's in the Y-con thread. Will you be bringing Angel for the gathering? Or at least for the weekend? I still want to get pictures since last time (Sac-Anime) you didn't get it finished, and now that you do have her done I dunno when would be the next time we could do that photoshoot. (unless AnimeDestiny or JTAF.) So Y-con would be the best opportunity since it's not as hectic as other conventions.. please keep me posted. :)

Youko_Kurama
10-11-2005, 11:13 PM
I will do my best to be there to take pictures of your group, at least for the non-swimsuit KOF gathering. :) Just find me on Friday and remind me, so I can plan my schedule accordingly.

I know you posted in another thread, but I figured it'd be appropriate to talk here since it's in the Y-con thread. Will you be bringing Angel for the gathering? Or at least for the weekend? I still want to get pictures since last time (Sac-Anime) you didn't get it finished, and now that you do have her done I dunno when would be the next time we could do that photoshoot. (unless AnimeDestiny or JTAF.) So Y-con would be the best opportunity since it's not as hectic as other conventions.. please keep me posted. :)

Sadly I will not be taking Angel to Yaoi con. Even thought she is finished, I still need to find a wig for her and make some gloves. I did not like the gloves that I was making for her so I am remaking them. But anyway I am not taking her because I really do not want to have more then four costumes at Yaoi con. I have had poroblems with lots of costume changes in one day so I would like to just wear at least one costume for the whole day. That is but Saturday with the two SNK vs Capcom gatherings. But by the looks of things I will be going jto AnimeDestiny. I believe that I will take her there, if the weather is nice. You will get to see her then. Ever so sorry that you have to wait longer. See you at Y-con.

Eurobeat King
10-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Sadly I will not be taking Angel to Yaoi con. Even thought she is finished, I still need to find a wig for her and make some gloves. I did not like the gloves that I was making for her so I am remaking them. But anyway I am not taking her because I really do not want to have more then four costumes at Yaoi con. I have had poroblems with lots of costume changes in one day so I would like to just wear at least one costume for the whole day. That is but Saturday with the two SNK vs Capcom gatherings. But by the looks of things I will be going jto AnimeDestiny. I believe that I will take her there, if the weather is nice. You will get to see her then. Ever so sorry that you have to wait longer. See you at Y-con.

That is fine. :) AnimeDestiny is a mere 6 days after Yaoi-con ends, so I can wait that long. ;) I hope to have all my Y-con pictures posted before concentrating on AD, which I plan to take a lot of pics there too. And after that, there's a little break until J-rock Connection after Turkey Day..

Mai-chan
10-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Capcom under represented again! I need to help fix that >_>

Rock Howard (cross) is in for the general CVS, and ChunLi (bathing suit) is in for the Capcom side. Hope this helps a bit...

Anyhow, *waves to Youko-chan*! Jason finally convinced me to get a cosplay account. (It's been long overdue... ) Still getting used to the formatting... see you at Y-Con, ne?

Eurobeat King
10-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Rock Howard (cross) is in for the general CVS, and ChunLi (bathing suit) is in for the Capcom side. Hope this helps a bit..

If you wear Rock Howard, I might try (not 100%) to bring Hibiki for the gathering, and it would be interesting because both of our characters are in Capcom vs. SNK 2, but you and I are both crossplaying. :razz: Or else, you might be able to fit into my Hibiki costume if you want to try it on that weekend.. ;)

Youko: Have you decided on a day/time for the gathering yet? If you have it on Friday, I MIGHT be able to either wear Hibiki or else get out my Kim Jae Hoon (one of Kim Kapwhan's son) costume, provided I can find all the parts for him. But mainly, only if your KOF/CvS gathering is on Friday. Saturday my schedule for costumes is already booked, so Friday would be the only day I could wear an SNK costume since I had to drop one costume planned for Friday. Please reply back to let me know what you decided on. Thanks!

Mai-chan
10-22-2005, 06:42 PM
If you wear Rock Howard, I might try (not 100%) to bring Hibiki for the gathering, and it would be interesting because both of our characters are in Capcom vs. SNK 2, but you and I are both crossplaying. :razz: Or else, you might be able to fit into my Hibiki costume if you want to try it on that weekend.. ;)

Me? In Hibiki-chan? You're so sweet... that would be so cuuuute...~~, but do actually think it would fit me?

Really, I think we should do pics together as CVS 2 cosplayers, though it'd be cool to do a shoot with your Kim Jae Hyun as well... (or was it Dong Hwan?)

But I'll definatly be bringing Rock to the CVS gathering.

I hope you do make it, though...

Eurobeat King
10-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Me? In Hibiki-chan? You're so sweet... that would be so cuuuute...~~, but do actually think it would fit me?

Really, I think we should do pics together as CVS 2 cosplayers, though it'd be cool to do a shoot with your Kim Jae Hyun as well... (or was it Dong Hwan?)

But I'll definatly be bringing Rock to the CVS gathering.

I hope you do make it, though...

I'll bring the costume with me, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to wear Hibiki if at all, since now on Friday evening (for about 90 minutes to 2 hours) I'll be selling stuff at the swap meet, cosplaying as Ryosuke while doing so. I'll bring the costume and have it with me, and if you want to try it on later that evening you may.

CountMetal
10-24-2005, 07:33 PM
This sounds like an interesting gathering. I wish I can show up but I can't since I am stuck in MD. :( You guys have fun and maybe I will see some of you at Fanime 2006.

Youko_Kurama
10-26-2005, 10:46 PM
*bows* I am so sorry that I have not been on as of late. I had lots of work not just on costumes but mainly at my job. So I have been so sleepy and not able to get on. Well anyway to the day/time and place info.

For all those that know I have been slowly setting up my Gatherings so that I wear at least one costume a day. Well anyway, I have been waiting to see if anyone has a day that they wanted to have the gathering, but only EBK has said anything about it. Other then those that I can talk to first hand or that has told me whats all up through someone esle. As much as I have come up with it seems that a big group of my friends may only be coming saturday. I was planing on pushing for the gathering to be on saturday so it kinda all works out. I know that at least two frineds will for sure be there for Saturday, but might not be there for the other two days of con. As for the rest of us we were all planing to wear our KOF/SNK costumes on Sunday and planed other things and since no one has said anything about day, time or place. I am going to come up with what is all needed.

Gathering Day: Saturday
SNK vs Capcom Gathering time: 10:00 to 11:00 am
SNK vs Capcom Gathering place: Westin lobby for starters, may move later
SNK vs Capcom Swimsuit Gathering time: 2:00 to 3:00 pm
SNK vs Capcom Swimsuit Gathering Place Westin indoor Pool

EBK I was thinking that you can still make it to both gatherings... that is if you want to. I put a good hour so you have time to dress before the Kenshin Gathering. But it is all up to you. Hope to at least see you there taking pics.

Mai-chan, For the swimsuit gathering we so need to have pics of the two of us. *giggles* see you there.

Mai-chan
10-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Mai-chan, For the swimsuit gathering we so need to have pics of the two of us. *giggles* see you there.

Sweet! Sounds like awesome fun. (If there were any incentive for EBK to come, that would be it. ^^)

Nothing big, but just as a side note, Rock Howard, from Garou:Mark of the Wolf/Fatal Fury, is on the SNK side o' things. hope that doesn't mess up things. ^^

Eurobeat King
10-27-2005, 04:42 PM
For all those that know I have been slowly setting up my Gatherings so that I wear at least one costume a day. Well anyway, I have been waiting to see if anyone has a day that they wanted to have the gathering, but only EBK has said anything about it. Other then those that I can talk to first hand or that has told me whats all up through someone esle. As much as I have come up with it seems that a big group of my friends may only be coming saturday. I was planing on pushing for the gathering to be on saturday so it kinda all works out. I know that at least two frineds will for sure be there for Saturday, but might not be there for the other two days of con. As for the rest of us we were all planing to wear our KOF/SNK costumes on Sunday and planed other things and since no one has said anything about day, time or place. I am going to come up with what is all needed.

Gathering Day: Saturday
SNK vs Capcom Gathering time: 10:00 to 11:00 am
SNK vs Capcom Gathering place: Westin lobby for starters, may move later
SNK vs Capcom Swimsuit Gathering time: 2:00 to 3:00 pm
SNK vs Capcom Swimsuit Gathering Place Westin indoor Pool

EBK I was thinking that you can still make it to both gatherings... that is if you want to. I put a good hour so you have time to dress before the Kenshin Gathering. But it is all up to you. Hope to at least see you there taking pics.

Youko: I'll be there at 10:00am on Saturday for your first KOF gathering, and if need be I'll take pics of you all in the lobby, and then I'll take more later after you're done taking pics of your own with the group. I'll be changing into Saitou around 11:15am or so, so that should be lots of time for me to get the KOF pics. And I'll most likely change out of Saitou around 3:00pm, so I should be able to make it to your swimsuit gathering also. Hopefully you'll start your gatherings on-time so I can take pics of your groups and then dash off to take pics of other cosplayers, which might be a lot especially during the prime-time of Saturday. Thanks for replying and scheduling a time for both gatherings! I'll see you Saturday!