PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Look-alike Contest

mocha
07-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Hey everyone!

I was wondering how many of you are going to enter the contest? If you are, how's it going? Are you finished or still scrambling to get it done like me? :bashful: I know I'm not going to place or anything, but I thought I would still give it a shot just for fun. Soooo....spill already!! :bouncer:

reannaremick
07-20-2005, 09:59 PM
I always say "maybe this year" but unless I stumble upon the EXACT fabric I need for super super cheap, it's totally not gonna happen this year either, lol. One of these days....

Fyremistress
07-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Im all psyched and ready to go.. just waiting on my shoes from ebay and my armor from chaplinleather.com

:) I cant wait.. Year 3! One of the best things at the con :)

Hikaruchan
07-21-2005, 04:02 PM
I know I also don't have a chance to place, so my costume is only half done as I have higher priority Otakon costumes working on. I probably will be doing an original design, so I probably will be doing last minute sewing to get something together.

kitsunered
07-21-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm doing it again this year, though I think next year may be my last.

AshleyV
07-22-2005, 08:21 AM
If time could magically stop, then I would definatly be entering in it. Since that will not be happening I'll just save the costume I'm working on for next year.

a-tastic
07-22-2005, 08:36 PM
i haven't ever done the contest before, so i decided this year may be a good time to try...heh heh...we'll see. i'm about half done with my three tiers limited 3 costume. and, apparently my wig is never going to arrive.
i'm all kinds of clueless as to what the contest'll be like and i have no idea what on earth i'm supposed to do, but, hey, i'll be totally fun nonetheless!!
i look forward to seeing everyone there! i'll be the confused one...hee hee...

Eurobeat King
07-22-2005, 09:02 PM
This is just an advance notice for any c.com members who plan to enter the Dawn contest this year regarding pictures from me: Unlike last year where I watched the ladies go up on stage, I won't be watching it this year but rather going in-and-out of the room and up-and-down the levels of the Hyatt, looking for cosplayers. I will however, be back in-time when you ladies parade on that cat-walk in the back of the room, along with the dozens of photographers taking pics like crazy. I also would like to get pictures of you afterwards (before would be possible if I catch you before you go backstage) and I know the D-con staff gets on photographers who take pics OUTSIDE the contest room, so if possible please go UPSTAIRS to the Hyatt lobby after the contest so I may find you and take pictures. :) Last year I managed to get a few who stayed in costume and mingled with the people partying upstairs, and I hope to do that again this year. :D

Thanks, and good-luck to everyone who plans to enter!

Fyremistress
07-22-2005, 11:06 PM
This is just an advance notice for any c.com members who plan to enter the Dawn contest this year regarding pictures from me: Unlike last year where I watched the ladies go up on stage, I won't be watching it this year but rather going in-and-out of the room and up-and-down the levels of the Hyatt, looking for cosplayers. I will however, be back in-time when you ladies parade on that cat-walk in the back of the room, along with the dozens of photographers taking pics like crazy. I also would like to get pictures of you afterwards (before would be possible if I catch you before you go backstage) and I know the D-con staff gets on photographers who take pics OUTSIDE the contest room, so if possible please go UPSTAIRS to the Hyatt lobby after the contest so I may find you and take pictures. :) Last year I managed to get a few who stayed in costume and mingled with the people partying upstairs, and I hope to do that again this year. :D

Thanks, and good-luck to everyone who plans to enter!
very cool. name a location in the lobby, and we can meet ya there. might be easier.
or everyone can just look for the tall ass dawn-aka spider. and we can head toward her :)

Eurobeat King
07-23-2005, 11:41 AM
very cool. name a location in the lobby, and we can meet ya there. might be easier.
or everyone can just look for the tall ass dawn-aka spider. and we can head toward her :)

Just come up to the lobby, and stay in one spot. Anywhere where there's room to breathe.. I'll find you eventually. ;)

kitsunered
07-25-2005, 03:34 PM
If there's a large gathering of Dawns in any one place in the lobby, my guess is there will be a fairly large space around them of people taking pictures. :) The backside of the elevator bank (that faces the concierge and front doors) is a good place to stand normally, and one where there's not as much traffic flow (because it doesn't block access to the elevators in any way.

mocha
07-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Wow! It's so exciting to know all of you are entering! :jjacks: -And those that aren't I look forward to seeing what you come up with for next year!

a-tastic: wow...how long have you been working on the three tiers costume?Was it difficult for you? I don't think I'm skilled enough yet to make a costume from the comic. So, I'm sticking with an original design for now.

kitsunered: OMG! You make such a pretty Dawn! :heart: Just noticed the avatar so I checked out your gallery. Wow.

tabbybunhead
07-27-2005, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=Fyremistress]Im all psyched and ready to go.. just waiting on my shoes from ebay and my armor from chaplinleather.com

I am there.I am doing an oufit inspired(inspired becuase I cannot afford to do the exact outfit) by the 9 to 5 pic.

I do not hold out a lot of hope of winning,but I am looking forward to crossplaying without worrying about ending up in the hospital emergency room.

I will be the dawn with an adam's apple using a Cane.I should be very sweet to be around as I will be taking pain pills for my back and legs.So please no one ask me to sign every thing I own over to them.I just might. lol.

Fyremistress
07-27-2005, 10:15 PM
very cool. yeah I remember it being shakey about if you were able to attend or not. Ill be the dawn with the winged headdress and huuuuge spear

HealerKou
08-03-2005, 01:21 PM
I keep toying with the idea. I had a crappy Dawn costume last year, but was going to enter for fun, anyway. This year, I had wanted to make a better one, but I'm already so swamped with things I want to do. I don't know. I keep thinking about how fun it would be to be part of the contest. If I do it, though, it won't be in a half-assed costume.

Kimiko
08-09-2005, 12:17 PM
I should be entering assuming everything goes as planned! :)
(Soooo excited!!!)

Aleathia Burns
08-10-2005, 12:42 PM
I am definitly entering this year and I manage to get Mocha to enter as well so I can have someone to pic on backstage. I plan on doing an original design since I am still a begginer in sewing. My costume will be a Nubian version of Dawn and I am almost finished with it. I hope to see all of you at the contest and remember you are a goddess no matter what so strut your stuff on that catwalk cuz you own it!!!!!

Manda
08-11-2005, 11:51 PM
I'll be entering.

vampirate
08-13-2005, 07:54 PM
I'll be in it...all my major bits are done. I mostly just need to get things like gloves done and do chain/ring attaching.

QueenAleta
08-18-2005, 10:56 PM
It looks like I'll be entering this year in an original victorian based design. I should have everything ready in time.

Aleathia Burns
08-21-2005, 03:18 PM
O.k 2 weeks and I am already nervous. Are any of you gals nervous?

Manda
08-22-2005, 10:10 PM
O.k 2 weeks and I am already nervous. Are any of you gals nervous?

Quite a bit. I made my costume (an original design) and I can't help but feel something is missing from it.

Fyremistress
08-23-2005, 03:09 AM
everything is coming together very well.. amid the bloodshed.. so this 10 days needs to hurry up :)

Aleathia Burns
08-23-2005, 07:05 AM
Quite a bit. I made my costume (an original design) and I can't help but feel something is missing from it.

I know what you mean cuz me and my friend keep adding new elements to our costume and as a result we add more work on ourselves. So far I am done and now I am focusing on the other cosutmes I have to finish up. :jjacks: I can't belive I am actully entering this year and the very thought just makes me giddy all over. Oh well at least I am gonna have fun and I can't wait to see your Dawn. I bet it's gonna be cool. :cool:

Eurobeat King
09-15-2005, 06:33 AM
Congratulations to the winners and everyone who participated in the Dawn contest! :) You all looked great and I hope you had fun! The post-contest pictures of those who went on the cat-walk are posted in my Saturday gallery here: (pages 16-23)

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?BRSR=440&cat=24020&member=18

For those of you who entered, which Dawn costume did you wear and what was your experience like?