PDA

View Full Version : White Eye

Chocochick
07-21-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm using a Nikon Coolpix and I've noticed that a lot of my photos have white eye. It's usually moreso with indoor shots, but a few outdoor shots get it as well. If no one knows what I'm talking about, I'll upload a pic. Any tips on how to get rid of it or can anyone explain what it is?

I unfortunatly don't have a good photo-editing program so I can only reduce red-eye. My friend has to change them for me -_-

ZiggyB
07-21-2005, 02:52 PM
White eye is sort of the same as red eye, in that the flash will reflect off the eye and reflect back white.

The easiest way to avoid it is not using a flash and try to use natural light. When that's not possible, I guess you just black out the eye in photoshop or any other photo editing software. There's a few that are free for download such as the Gimp or Print Shop Pro.

Chocochick
07-21-2005, 05:37 PM
White eye is sort of the same as red eye, in that the flash will reflect off the eye and reflect back white.

The easiest way to avoid it is not using a flash and try to use natural light. When that's not possible, I guess you just black out the eye in photoshop or any other photo editing software. There's a few that are free for download such as the Gimp or Print Shop Pro.

Ok, I'll definitly keep that in mind. Thanks for the help!