PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With MGS2 Snake Costume

Big Boss
07-21-2005, 11:48 PM
What would you guys suggest I use to make this costume. Specifically the base blue outfit. The knee/elbow pads and straps I can figure out, but what can I use for the initial blue jumpsuit? I already got started and converted my handgun from my Big Boss costume into a USP with a functioning laser sight. Thanks.

NeoSpike
07-21-2005, 11:59 PM
What would you guys suggest I use to make this costume. Specifically the base blue outfit. The knee/elbow pads and straps I can figure out, but what can I use for the initial blue jumpsuit? I already got started and converted my handgun from my Big Boss costume into a USP with a functioning laser sight. Thanks.

Well for one, Snake doesn't wear a jumpsuit. you'd fare better by going out and buying a grey full body wetsuit. Actually, he uses the same sneaking suit he used in MGS:Twin Snakes. Just...without that...bulletproof vest.

Chocochick
07-22-2005, 12:51 AM
You might want to try a body-suit if a wet-suit is too expensive/isn't gonna work. If you google "Men's Bodysuits" you should get some stores.

Big Boss
07-22-2005, 04:05 AM
Those aren't bad ideas. Although according to my McFarlane figure and in the actual screenshots his suit appears to be a pale blue. No? It was grey in MGS1 but it appears to be blue in MGS2. I found one wet suit that appears to be perfect, just rediculously expensive.
http://www.ebodyboarding.com/s.nl/sc.9/category.124/it.A/id.6482/.f

eBay Sniper
07-23-2005, 11:12 AM
heres what i did, i used a navy flightsuit for the main thing, then i hooked a rappeling harness with a black Load Bearing Vest and put that on, i hooked up a tactical leg drop holster, then i use SWAT knee pads and elbows pads, put under the knee pads 2 black knee braces, tuck the pant legs under black combat boots, get a bandanna and a cardboard box, and your Snake is set

check my Snake pics for reference

Big Boss
07-24-2005, 01:42 AM
Thanks, those will most certainly help. I found some stuff to make the dark blue accents with (Kneepads, elbow pads, etc) And of course, the bandanna which is already made, and on my head already. I just need to get the base suit.

eBay Sniper
07-24-2005, 06:33 PM
Thanks, those will most certainly help. I found some stuff to make the dark blue accents with (Kneepads, elbow pads, etc) And of course, the bandanna which is already made, and on my head already. I just need to get the base suit.

dont worry navy blue flightsuits are cheap on eBay, i got mine for 15 bucks, dont use a westuit, its pretty ugly for the costume, stick with the fligthsuit

Big Boss
07-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Wouldn't I want it tight fitting? Do flight suits fit tightly, yours looks rather loose.

eBay Sniper
07-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Wouldn't I want it tight fitting? Do flight suits fit tightly, yours looks rather loose.
look at Solid Snake's pants in the game, it supposed to be like that, and as for the upper body, it shouldnt be THAT loose, but, you dont want it to be tight, unless you are built and have big muscles like Snake does

Big Boss
07-25-2005, 11:53 PM
look at Solid Snake's pants in the game, it supposed to be like that, and as for the upper body, it shouldnt be THAT loose, but, you dont want it to be tight, unless you are built and have big muscles like Snake does
Hahah good point, I'm a scrawny shit. Ok, where's the best place to get such a flight suit? Also is there a place to get his shoulder straps and those little pouches that run down his chest? Maybe an Army Surplus place?

eBay Sniper
07-26-2005, 12:20 AM
Hahah good point, I'm a scrawny shit. Ok, where's the best place to get such a flight suit? Also is there a place to get his shoulder straps and those little pouches that run down his chest? Maybe an Army Surplus place? for the flightsut, cant really say, besides eBay

and has for the chest rig, its called a Load Bearing Vest (LBV)
its cheap over here

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept_id=1609&sku=VEST-138&imgid=&mscssid=WB0S62MFU5NR8J4S2NB0RRTCB88M5V9B

anything else you need??

Big Boss
07-26-2005, 11:48 AM
for the flightsut, cant really say, besides eBay

and has for the chest rig, its called a Load Bearing Vest (LBV)
its cheap over here

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept_id=1609&sku=VEST-138&imgid=&mscssid=WB0S62MFU5NR8J4S2NB0RRTCB88M5V9B

anything else you need??
Does the LBV have those straps that go around your nuts and up your ass too or is that a separate thing? Also about the shoulder pads? The ones that appear to be under his clothing. I was thinking cut up a bike helmet, better ideas?

eBay Sniper
07-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Does the LBV have those straps that go around your nuts and up your ass too or is that a separate thing? Also about the shoulder pads? The ones that appear to be under his clothing. I was thinking cut up a bike helmet, better ideas?
those straps that go around his butt is called a rappelling harness, its okay to use rock climbing harness, aslong it resembles this (the attachment)

i never did the shoulder pads, but if you still want my opinion, i would use some foam or something

Big Boss
07-27-2005, 12:47 AM
Ahh, sweet thanks. Anything else I should know?

eBay Sniper
07-27-2005, 12:54 AM
ahhhh besides trying to find a large enough box for you to sneak in, and a tactical leg drop holster (make sure it has 2 straps), and the legs of the flightsuit get tucked under the boot

im sorry if im repeating myself

akira_chan
07-27-2005, 04:32 AM
http://www.perrets.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=325

Is this what you are looking for? Also if you're scrawny and sorta short, just a note that the flightsuits usually run a bit bigger so you might want to either alter one to fit better or look into child size flightsuits.

Big Boss
07-27-2005, 10:59 PM
ahhhh besides trying to find a large enough box for you to sneak in, and a tactical leg drop holster (make sure it has 2 straps), and the legs of the flightsuit get tucked under the boot

im sorry if im repeating myself
No, no dude. You've been nothing but helpful thanks a ton for all your help. Where can I get a leg drop holster anyways? Also I'm 5' 11" so I'm definately not short hahaha.

akira_chan
07-28-2005, 01:31 AM
http://www.fobusholster.com/catalog/

One stop holster shopping. Decent prices too.

NeoSpike
07-28-2005, 08:33 AM

good site, good site. Good place ot find a Beretta holster. Now I wonder is I should buy a real leather Ocelot holster, or psray the one I've got brown...

eBay Sniper
07-28-2005, 10:45 PM

ive got mine on eBay

and Big Boss, you still need a beard and a, dare i say a MULLET??

Big Boss
07-29-2005, 12:27 AM
ive got mine on eBay

and Big Boss, you still need a beard and a, dare i say a MULLET??
Haha the beard I can grow pretty quick and if I tie my hair back with the bandanna it passes for a mullet. I'm going on a cruise for the next 10 days and I'm contemplating taking my Big Boss costume with me just for fun. Haha or make a pirate costume instead. LOL!

eBay Sniper
07-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Haha the beard I can grow pretty quick and if I tie my hair back with the bandanna it passes for a mullet. I'm going on a cruise for the next 10 days and I'm contemplating taking my Big Boss costume with me just for fun. Haha or make a pirate costume instead. LOL!
HARRRRRRRRRR mayties, back on topic, go for it, i wear my Big Boss costume alll the time, the pouch set is really awesome to transfer my Magic Cards and games

Redsky
07-31-2005, 10:50 AM
this threads been a great help to me too, thanks e-bay sniper

eBay Sniper
07-31-2005, 06:03 PM
this threads been a great help to me too, thanks e-bay sniper
no problem, i cant not bring itto myself to not help someone that looks like Agent Scully from the X-Files

Big Boss
08-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Thanks a bunch! I actually did bring my Big Boss costume on the cruise I was on (Minus the gun and knife of course) and snuck around, hid, stalked some girls, CQC'd my cousin, etc. Generally making an idiot of myself, but damn was it fun LOL! As for my Solid Snake costume, I'm looking for his knee and elbow pads now. Do they have real ones like he has in the game? Every other part of the costume seems real enough.

eBay Sniper
08-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks a bunch! I actually did bring my Big Boss costume on the cruise I was on (Minus the gun and knife of course) and snuck around, hid, stalked some girls, CQC'd my cousin, etc. Generally making an idiot of myself, but damn was it fun LOL! As for my Solid Snake costume, I'm looking for his knee and elbow pads now. Do they have real ones like he has in the game? Every other part of the costume seems real enough.
no, unfortunatly, those are just like his shoulder pads, doesnt exist, i would use black knee braces and then put some sort of knee pad over it, and depending the size of the knee brace, get ones smaller than that to fit your elbows and then put pads over it, i personally used SWAT knee and elbow pads, but you can use what evber you want pretty much, aslong its black

Big Boss
08-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Killer sniper, thanks. Where abouts in NJ are you? I saw a car in your driveway in a picture in your costume section had NJ plates. I live near Hackettstown.

eBay Sniper
08-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Killer sniper, thanks. Where abouts in NJ are you? I saw a car in your driveway in a picture in your costume section had NJ plates. I live near Hackettstown.
i live in North Plainfield, but that photo was taken when i was a my aunt's house, and personally, i have no clue where hackettstown is

Big Boss
08-10-2005, 10:55 PM
LOL! 80, exit 19. That's where it is.

eBay Sniper
08-10-2005, 11:33 PM
right off RT 22, no literally

Big Boss
08-12-2005, 02:33 AM
LOL! Watch as the Jersey jokes float in.

eBay Sniper
08-12-2005, 10:44 AM
illl start it, New Jersey sucks, i cant stand it over hear