PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to A-kon 03?

peaseblossom
01-22-2003, 05:58 PM
I am!!! :D I'll be in a Victoria Seras costume and a few others. Maybe even another version of Asuka's plugsuit!

Celine
01-22-2003, 06:51 PM
I AM SO THERE! Hehe, Akon's my home convention. ^_^ I've been going forever, and I don't plan to stop attending anytime soon. I have noooo idea what costumes yet, except definitely Elena from Grandia 2.

Ringo
01-22-2003, 06:57 PM
I'll be there too. ^_^
I'll be wearing my Lime costume plus a couple others. =D
I'm wondering just HOW croweded it's going to get.

kelldar
01-22-2003, 07:35 PM
I'm going!!! ^_^ I'm going to be wearing Belldandy again for sure, and I plan on doing Nanami, Ruby Heart, Yuna from FFX-2 (oh boy another yuna... but my friend is going to be wearing her regular Yuna and we thought it would be fun to do the two together), and maybe Yuffie.
It'll be my first Akon ^^ Normally we go to Animazement but we can't this year because my friend's graduation is that weekend... so we're going to Akon, and I'm paying her way as her graduation present ^_^

peaseblossom
01-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Yay! I'm glad you and Celine are going (others too!)! BTW, thanks for referring your friend to me! I am about to have to go on hiatus! Too many costumes!
I already have the materials for my Seras costume, but I can't decide what other anime characters to do. All of my works in progress (for mer) are from American comic books/shows. Help me Kell! Go look at some of my photos and make some suggestions!

kelldar
01-22-2003, 08:55 PM
Ah, you're welcome! She asked me and the first thing I thought of was your asuka ^^
Hmm... you wouldn't want to be a goddess w/me and Ash wouldja? lol ^^ Gosh I can't think tonight. What about a video game character? Oo, I tell you whose costume I've always liked is Xianhua from Soul Calibur, she has some neat looking costumes. Or... hm, dang it's been too long since I've watched some anime ^_^; Hopefully someone else will have some better suggestions...

peaseblossom
01-22-2003, 09:22 PM
I could do a Goddess. Which one? *eek* Excited! Never had a cosplay group before! For Dragon Con my friends and I are doing a Brak Show group ( I will , of course, be "Mom").

maishiranui
01-23-2003, 02:29 AM
I'm definatley going ^_~

I'm going to be cosplaying Morrigan, Felicia, Mai Shiranui, Kasumi, Mink and Cammy.

I might bring my kitty costume too, for the dance. ^_^ I have no idea how I'm going to manage to wear all of them but I will somehow ^_~

Koumori
01-23-2003, 05:53 AM
I'm going, I think, unless my SO has relocated by then. Haven't the slightest idea what I'll be wearing. One or another Yuna, maybe; maybe Belldandy if I can get the wig down there. Who knows.

kelldar
01-23-2003, 07:11 AM
Aw dude The Brak Show *_* That is going to rule so much.
Hm, well, Urd or Peorth, or maybe Mara... hm... other AMG characters.... well anyway. That would be so cool if you did any of 'em. fun! XD

Koumori
01-23-2003, 07:32 AM
Hmm, lots of goddesses. Maybe I should leave Bell at home. ;)

Rosiel
01-23-2003, 08:38 AM
I'm going: it's a yearly tradition to go visit my friends in TX and attend Akon with them. As of now I will be bringing Yuber for Hall and a new Rosiel for CuteKawaii's skit. =)

And Koumori, I will attempt to track you down, after reading your posts on this board (which I enjoy veryverymuch) I really want to meet you!

kelldar
01-23-2003, 09:00 AM
No no don't leave Bell at home! Never too many goddesses ^__^

Koumori
01-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Rosiel

And Koumori, I will attempt to track you down, after reading your posts on this board (which I enjoy veryverymuch) I really want to meet you!

Thank you - and very much the same goes for me!

Kell - I've got the Magenta Variation Belldandy, if that helps! :) Actually she isn't finished yet but should be debuting at Anime Boston.... *jewelry-related grumbling*

Integral
01-23-2003, 09:28 AM
:D I'm going! I have no earthly idea what I'm wearing yet, though! HAHAH

Actually... I have TOO many costumes.. which is why I don't know yet.. lol

Stuff planned:
~Bloodberry
~Millenia from Grandia II (Yay! Celine and I are going to kick butt!)
~somthing for the J-rock masquarade
~Lady Eboshi from Mononoke Hime
~Lilly from Suikoden III
~Baiken from Guilty Gear

I think there were more, but I honestly don't remember o..o
I'll probably be bringing Rabi~en~Rose for a big Di Gi Charat group that we're trying to put together.. and since I'll only be wearing the contest costumes for the contests, I'm hoping I'll have enough time to wear everything T..T
I'd really like to find a time to wear Silky again.. so I may be wearing her at Ushi. I'm definitely bringing her along for a panel we're doing.. but I don't know if I'm going to wear it or not yet.

Oh! And Rociel- I got to meet Koumori at Animefest. :D

Koumori
01-23-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Integral

Oh! And Rociel- I got to meet Koumori at Animefest. :D

A witness! I do exist! Hope I had my good hair on that day. :)

Celine
01-23-2003, 12:26 PM
Wow, you were at Animefest??? ^^ Darn, I guess I missed meeting you at that con. There were only about twelve attendees... it was pretty sad. Oh well, I'll wager we will have a decent sized cosplay.com group at Akon this year! We are taking over! XD

Koumori
01-23-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Celine
Wow, you were at Animefest??? ^^ Darn, I guess I missed meeting you at that con. There were only about twelve attendees... it was pretty sad. Oh well, I'll wager we will have a decent sized cosplay.com group at Akon this year! We are taking over! XD

Yes, Animefest decided me that I was only going to go to a few large cons this year - I went last year because I happened to have a friend in Dallas who was going (now my SO). She didn't have a good time at AKon last year but I think I can strongarm her into going for the whole weekend. Because I want to. Darnit. :)

Michi
01-23-2003, 03:16 PM
I was wondering how I missed this thread, and then realized it was only made today. XD

I'm going! Whee!! I loved it last year. ^^ It'll technically be my first con of 2003, aside from the lil local ReccaCon..

Costumes planned...
- Gackt C. from Malice Mizer (merveilles for the masquerade, and Cyberland for running around the halls at night~)
- Shinya from Dir en grey (Mitsu to Tsuba, for a Jrock masq group.. dunno if it's still happening though)
- Asamiya Athena from The King of Fighters '96 (for Saturday morning KOF..)
- Yabuki Shingo from The King of Fighters '98 (just for Sunday, if I feel like wearing a costume the last day)
- Princess Zelda from Zelda 64: Ocarina of Time (for every other time?)

I think that's it. I might bring my Fatal Fury movie Mai outfit for photos with people, but I dunno.. My friend also wants do a FF8 group, so I might bring my Zell outfit that I haven't worn myself since 2001. We'll see. ^^ I have to focus on the above, first!

I met no one new at AFest. ;_; It was okay, though. ^-^ I hung out with the people I knew and saw some new anime (for the first time in so many cons..). Lalala. *post*

Rosiel
01-23-2003, 03:19 PM
Michi! I can't wait to see your Zelda costume! I'm sure it'll be lovely!

> I might bring my Fatal Fury movie Mai outfit for photos with people, but I dunno..

I was about to be surprised you weren't bringing a Mai. ^__^ The movie is the red one, right? I think I like it better than the blue, it's more vibrant.

Michi
01-23-2003, 03:28 PM
I hope so! I'm gonna lighten/dye my hair for it too, 'cause I don't think her hair would look right with a wig. ^^ I can't wait to be Zelda~ ^_^ I'll have a Link.. At AX I think I'll have a Sheik too, and others. :D

Heh, yup, it's the really bright pinkish red one. I love that fabric. XD I only got to wear it briefly at AFest, so I wanna get more pictures. I have one more elaborate Mai planned for AX, and then I think I'm probably done for a while with her... :thumbsup:

peaseblossom
01-23-2003, 06:27 PM
Kell: Peorth would be really cool! Or Urd. I haven't seen/ read anything with Peorth in it, but I can readup! ^_^

I am also going to do a Haruhara Haruko!

I can't wait to meet all of you!

Ali-kun
01-23-2003, 07:27 PM
waa, lotsa people ^^

I'm going to A-kon for the...second and a half? Third year? I only went for Saturday two years ago ^_~

I will be Hibiki from I My Me! Strawberry Eggs and Shinobu from Para Para Paradise...and something else I haven't decided yet ;p Whee, it will be fun! Anniversary of Ali's first cosplaying con...

Yuna
01-24-2003, 11:37 PM
I'll be attending again ^__^

kyandi-chan
01-25-2003, 01:51 AM
Hello, my name is Kyandi Chan and I'm new to the board! I just started seriously cosplaying last year and I attended A-kon then. This year, I'm gonna attend A-kon again.

I'm wearing:
Sora - Kingdom Hearts
Ni the Wolf Pup - Princess Mononoke
Sen (Chihiro) - Spirited Away
Paine - Final Fantasy X-2

Anyone wanna help my group out....I need people for my kingdom hearts group. i have a kairi and a riku, but not anyone else. *sigh*

http://www.geocities.com/twilightmirror/animecandace.jpg
"You know, I liked it better when he was just flaming"

raven
01-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Hi my name is raven and this will be my third yr going to a-kon

I'm going to cosplay Victoria from Hellsing ^_^

Integral
01-27-2003, 01:17 AM
kyandi- are you part of the same Mononoke hime group I'm in? lol
I'm going as Lady Eboshi

TyJILDown
01-29-2003, 07:35 PM
I might be attending Akon...if I do I hope to be able to get Naomi Armitage done by then ^^ Just gotta decide which one of her outfits!

katchoo
01-30-2003, 12:55 AM
i'm going to akon also!!! hehe

peaseblossom
01-30-2003, 12:15 PM
Woot! Lots of kick ass people going to A-kon!!!

kyandi-chan
01-30-2003, 06:29 PM
To integral: Im gonna be the Ni wolf pup that is in the group with Animecat. So yes, you're probably the lady eboshi! you'll make a great eboshi

I'm gonna be so happy! But i still need some more people to be in my Kingdom Hearts group.

I have a list of people that are in the group so far:

Sora: Kyandi Chan
Riku: Kitsune Ryo
Kairi: Melissa "hunnybee"
Aerith: erm...maishiranai
Squall: Mainshiranai's boyfriend
Cloud: Siroi

I'll be forever happy if someone is making a Heartless costume.

Celine
01-30-2003, 08:04 PM
I know someone with a heartless costume that's going to Ushicon, but I don't know if she's wearing it to Akon. I can ask this weekend and let you know. ^_^ Sorry I can't help fill in any more of your cast since I'm also doing Riku, but not planning to wear it to Akon.

Nova
01-31-2003, 12:34 PM
I'm heading to A-kon from CA. Yay! First A-kon I'll attend. Hopefully I'll have 3 costumes done by then -prays-:bouncer:

TR5368
02-02-2003, 11:42 PM
I will be there, and this will be my first time to any convention so I would like to get to know a few of you before I go :D

kyandi-chan
02-02-2003, 11:55 PM
The kingdom hearts group definately needs more people!!!!!

PLEASE LETS GET IT TOGETHER! who's cosplaying as what for akon? maybe I can get together with someone! i love cosplay groups!

TR5368
02-03-2003, 12:06 AM
kyandi chan, what part of Houston r u from?

kyandi-chan
02-03-2003, 12:11 AM
:D the fun part... near hobby airport. ^_^ go to the mallets, etc anime club!

TR5368
02-03-2003, 12:14 AM
not too far..I live around Greenspoint

Tifa Lockheart
02-03-2003, 03:26 AM
I want to get an FF7 group going for A-kon :) Anyone interested?

Michi
02-03-2003, 06:07 AM
Slight change in plans.. I'm now part of a Magical Drop III group and Merveilles Gackt is somewhat unsure because our group is having problems. ^_^;

Tifa ~ I'd try starting a new thread. *^^* I'm sure people are interested, though.

Koumori
02-03-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by kyandi chan

PLEASE LETS GET IT TOGETHER! who's cosplaying as what for akon? maybe I can get together with someone! i love cosplay groups!

Why don't you start a new thread on the A-Kon board to let people know you're looking for someone to form a group with?

kelldar
02-03-2003, 08:30 AM
Tifa - I may have my Yuffie done in time ^^

Tifa Lockheart
02-03-2003, 12:43 PM
Kell - Thats great! :) I hope you can finish it for A kon :)

katchoo
02-03-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm going to Akon! It will be my first time at this con, but I can't wait!!!

*waves* can't wait to see you all there

Probable costumes:
Yuna FX2
Freya/dark chii
Torhu (fruits basket)
Eclair (kiddy grade)
maybe Ayane DOA3

Nova
02-03-2003, 04:24 PM
I Need an Utena group to go with ;_; I'll hopefully have my Anthy Costume finaly done.
And A Di Gi Charat group >>;; Mainly Black Gema people.

TyJILDown
02-03-2003, 11:58 PM
Tifa, I might bring my Wallmarket Cloud with me ^^

Tifa Lockheart
02-04-2003, 12:26 AM
TyJILDown - Awesome!! ^^ I was thinking myself about making the Tifa wallmarket outfit for A-kon also ^_^

Basic Beecicchi
02-04-2003, 12:28 AM
[to add on to Tifa's request]
If you guys and gals aren't busy, i'd like to try to make a battle-worn Cloud or somethin. o_o

Tifa Lockheart
02-04-2003, 12:32 AM
YES!!! Please do XD You can be my Cloud~ <3

kelldar
02-04-2003, 08:14 AM
sweet!! ff7 group!! ^0^

Selie
02-04-2003, 05:15 PM
FF-6- group, man! That's what it's all about!

I'm going as Celes (with ... tada, the revised Celes costume that won't be made by me this time and therefore will be cool) and with my Locke that I did make ... and hopefully we'll have a Setzer and a Daryl. I'm working on getting the rest of that cast together ...

Yay for double Emi (DDR) as well! Mwahahahaha... *schemes*

kodiak33
02-07-2003, 01:36 PM
This will be my second time to A-Kon...what a blast you guys are! I didn't get to really look around much last year so I will be there for all three days this time.

kyandi-chan
02-07-2003, 10:40 PM
were u one of the storm troopers that confiscated my edward's blue space blaster on saturday evening last year? cuz she really was gonna bite through that ABS plastic...

TR5368
02-07-2003, 10:49 PM
lol I wouldnt doubt it. ^0^

Yuna
02-08-2003, 12:53 AM
Yes, Storm Troopers @ anime cons OWN me XD

kodiak33
02-08-2003, 01:05 AM
No that wasnt me, but I am sure I know who it was. He stayed a bit later than the rest of us and was a bit more looney too. Of course real troopers don't need to steal blasters since most of us carry our own!:p And please dont bite through our...ahem...dish washer safe plastic. lol

kyandi-chan
02-08-2003, 01:12 AM
heyyy, what are those costumes made out of anyways? did u make yours mr storm trooper cool guy?

kodiak33
02-08-2003, 03:24 AM
I dont know if I would describe myself as cool...maybe groovy. Anyway you were right on the money - ABS plastic. Shhh don't tell anyone! Plastic just doesn't have that groovy sound to it. Most of us don't "make" our suits they are more or less put together like big airplane model kits...but the best part about wearing them has to be going to the bathroom...GASP :eek:

TR5368
02-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Storm Troopers get all of the attention *sobs* :(

kyandi-chan
02-08-2003, 10:26 PM
thats right, storm troopers are the coolest! i would give a storm trooper a hug anyday! ....hey...how do i use abs plastic? how much is it? i wanna make armor for something...

Space Invader
02-08-2003, 11:08 PM
Yay! I'm going to Akon! I'll be bringing these costumes:

~Hikaru's fancy dress from Rayearth (wore it @ Ushicon)
~Hikaru's armor dress from Rayearth (redoing armor with fiberglass and will have her sword :))
~Nagisa Kaoru from Eva, in plugsuit

Whew! This is the firs ttime I'll have more than 1 costume to wear. I also have 2 commissions to be done for Akon - one is an Inu-Yasha complete with Tessaiga, and the other is a PERFECT Tidus complete with clear Brotherhood sword (plexiglass is my friend... XD).

Boy, I have my work cut out for me. At least I'm getting paid to do the commissions ^_^.

Look for me!

TR5368
02-09-2003, 09:04 AM
thats ok..I could take on a petty trooper any day ;) Only the elite make royal guard..hehe. Us guards need love too lol

kyandi-chan
02-09-2003, 09:40 AM
awww, poor royal guards... well i like them too! *huggles the royal guard* none of you guys are too soft, with all of that ABS and armor stuff....hehe

TR5368
02-09-2003, 09:56 AM
woohoo! My only armor is my helmet. The rest is velvet and felt..so im pretty soft..lol

Eurobeat King
02-09-2003, 01:21 PM
I'll be returning to A-kon, since I had a lot of fun last year. :) Admin & Aeris will be going, the last part of their 3-con tour across the U.S. (A-cen, Animazement, and A-kon) and as much as I want to join them for all 3, I can only fly to 2, so it's A-cen and A-kon for me.

Costumes: I'll be bringing a lot since some are requests, so hopefully I'll have time to wear them all. Here goes:

-Saitou (R. Kenshin)
-Trowa (Endless Waltz)
-King (1999 or 2000 alternate-color (blue) version)
-Jann Lee (Dead or Alive)
-Hideo (Rival Schools) (hopefully G-chan & Kev will bring theirs)
-Shinji (EVA)
-Ryosuke (Initial D)
-SUPER-SECRET costume which will debut at A-kon ;)

Can't wait for a-kon.. see you there! :skidude2:

Space Invader
02-09-2003, 04:57 PM
>-Shinji (EVA)

Yay! A Shinji! I'll definately have to mooch a picture with you, since I'm going to be Kaoru :).

Aya Mizu
02-10-2003, 01:09 PM
I'll probably be at A-kon if things go well.
I'm not sure what I'll be bringing though ^^;

kodiak33
02-10-2003, 02:01 PM
ABS plastic is easy to get ahold of, but hard to mold. Most of the stuff you see out there is molded in a process called vaccuforming which involves heating up the plastic to the point it is extremly flexible and then compressing it by air over a mold. You can get ABS in a variety of different thicknesses at most local plastic dealers found in the Yellow Pages under... go figure... "Plastics". I did not vaccuform my trooper costume, but if you are seriously interested I can direct you to someone who is sorta the guru in our part of the country.

kodiak33
02-10-2003, 02:05 PM
That last post was meant to answer Kyandi Chan's question awhile back *making sure everyone knows I dont just post random things*

TR5368
02-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Buck can vaccuform, he is making me arm armor for my guard costume. (I think)

Xanatos
02-10-2003, 10:07 PM
I am definetly positively going.....
I live in the DFW area :bigtu:
No reason I should'nt go (^_^)

peaseblossom
02-10-2003, 10:24 PM
::glomps Al:: Yay! You're coming too!

kyandi-chan
02-10-2003, 11:52 PM
kodiak33 said:
You can get ABS in a variety of different thicknesses at most local plastic dealers found in the Yellow Pages under... go figure... "Plastics".

ABS! i looked it up in the yellow pages! it was neat finding stuff. my dad was happy that i was interested in crafting stuff. i think he's gonna help

Michi
02-11-2003, 10:18 AM
Do do do. More edits. I'm doing Mature instead of Athena, I think. I don't know if I wanna buy another wig til Expo. o.o;

No one cares but I feel like posting, and my costume list was on page 2 of this. :X

I remember posing with Stormtroopers... *rummages through A-kon photos* http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=2133&papass=&sort=1&thecat=535 There, the one in the dark blue skimpy thing on the right. Yeah, that's me. Heh.

kodiak33
02-11-2003, 01:38 PM
Oh wow...I totally remember you Michi. I am the tall lad on the right of that pic (with his eyes closed!!!) lol

And FYI dark, blue, & skimpy is always a good choice in MY opinion!;) Ya'll looked great last year! Nice work.

layne
02-11-2003, 08:37 PM
I'm going to A-kon ^_^ Yay! I will be cosplaying as Seiya Kou...cause....I have no creativity.

Oh and possibly Ron Stoppable from Kim Possible...again...ehehehee

Michi, are you going to make it to AO?

Michi
02-11-2003, 09:52 PM
I hoooope to go to AO. I think I have a ride. o_o; I should try and confirm that. ^^;

kyandi-chan
02-11-2003, 10:31 PM
Today!!! Today I decided to pick up where I left off for my Sailor Chibi Moon costume! I have decided to take her to Akon! Actually I'm gonna be Chibi-usa first. I finally got myself together and made a Chibi-usa wig. It was so hard and took me like 2 1/2 hours. It looks nice. I can't wait to show it off! And I made an exact replica of the Silver Imperium Crystal and I have her crystal key, bunny backpack, tuxedo mask, luna p...etc I gotta go make her school uniform now!

waaaiiiiiiiiii kawaiiiiiiii i am

Tifa Lockheart
02-13-2003, 12:19 AM
kyandi chan - I bet your Chibi Usa costume will be great ^_^
Are you going to be making Chibimoon for A-kon too?

kyandi-chan
02-13-2003, 12:41 AM
Well, my boyfriend is ordering a chibi moon senshi fuku offline so i get to wear that. I have a wand, tiara, gloves, choker, brooch that I made. And now all I need is to get the boots. I think I'm gonna wear white boots, even though her's are pink. Hell, maybe i'll make boot covers. I'm in a boot cover mood.

layne
02-15-2003, 02:48 PM
Chibi-moon will be cute ^_^

Tenjou
02-17-2003, 06:35 PM
Aw, I wish I could go to this con, since it falls on my birthday! (June 1) ^^ But I really can't go to two conventions a year anyway, and I happen to have a really bad fear of planes. But wow! I hope you guys who are going have a great time. =D

Trooper_Trent
02-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Hi, Im new to the board. I plan on attending A-Kon this year. A couple of my friends went last year and had a blast so Im definitely in. Also want to introduce myself since I'm new. My name is Trent, I live in the Dallas area and am a student studying Radiology. Have been a Star Wars fan all my life. I really like anime but am so overwhlemed by all of it that I dont know where to start to get "into" it as much as I'd like. Any help would be appreciated. Im looking forward to meeting you all at A-Kon
Take Care!

katchoo
02-17-2003, 10:50 PM
Trent: I am also going to akon. Please excuse me if I drool over you at the con. I LOVE stormtroopers. Not sure why...uniform..dark side..hehe

Can't wait to see you there ^_^

TyJILDown
02-17-2003, 10:53 PM
*cough* I'm going to have to restrain you when I'm with you hun ^_^

katchoo
02-17-2003, 10:59 PM
lol...jil...for his sake you might. If three doesn't hit me over the head for drooling. hehe

kyandi-chan
02-17-2003, 11:06 PM
*leaps into the air* storm troopers are dead sexy! i have a fatal attraction to them! they always take my blasters and tell me that i have to go to their rooms and stuff... oh wait... :o

TR5368
02-18-2003, 02:27 PM
Hey Trent, are you new to the Garrison? I dont think I have ever met you before. Anyways..I am going and will NOT be a stormtrooper..lol I will be a royal guard..a step up from a trooper ;) hehe

baku_neko
02-18-2003, 02:44 PM
Me!! I'm going!! I live in Dallas, so it's not that hard to get to the convention! ^_^

One of the days I'll be Luffy from One Piece, haven't decided about my other costume...

Xanatos
02-18-2003, 04:58 PM
:spinner: COOL !!!! One Piece Rules..... Monkey D. Luffy !!!!
Good too find another SLYTHERIN Fan,
Everyone likes Gryffindor, Really Harry WAS supposed too be in Slytherin in the first place.
Hope ta see every one at A-Kon.
I'm not sure who I wanna be yet.....

Amano Jyaku
02-19-2003, 12:43 AM
I will be there, probably skulking in a corner and looking tough.
:schitzo:
Maybe i'll be social and talk to some of you guys
:D

Amano

Maybe i'll dress like a pirate.:p

Trooper_Trent
02-19-2003, 12:47 AM
No Dennis, I've been in the 501st for 1 1/2 years, TK 778. I've talked to you several times on the email group. Will this be your fist con? :-) We will have to initiate you properly ;-)
Looking forward to meeting you.

Tifa Lockheart
02-19-2003, 12:50 AM
Yay!! Storm Troopers are going ^_^ hehe I'll hafta get pics with you!

Amano Jyaku
02-19-2003, 12:51 AM
*Note to self, dress like stormtrooper to get chicks.*

Trooper_Trent
02-19-2003, 12:53 AM
You know it man! HEHE! Its the plastic cod piece, I'm Tellin ya!
;-)

Tifa Lockheart
02-19-2003, 01:24 AM
*Note to self, dress like stormtrooper to get chicks.*

LOL :p

Stormtroopers are so kewl tho ^___^

3-D
02-19-2003, 02:12 AM
I can't dress like a stormtrooper. I just run an internet radio show though, and that seems to net chicks too.... ;)

katchoo
02-19-2003, 02:29 AM
*sigh* damn that sexy voice.....

pookie-kun
02-19-2003, 02:30 AM
yeah.. 3d, i'm gonna hump you just like i did ziggy *evil grin*

baku_neko
02-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Hey, who here going to akon lives in texas?

Tifa Lockheart
02-19-2003, 12:37 PM
Hey, who here going to akon lives in texas?

I do. :)

TR5368
02-19-2003, 03:14 PM
bah..down with storm troopers! hehe Sorry Trent I have a short term memory lol. Yeah, this will be my first con. ^-^

kodiak33
02-19-2003, 05:09 PM
Uhhh...for a newbie you are talking a lot of trash TR5368. Down with Storm Troopers?!!! C'mon man we are on the same team...Where is the love?

Oh and I am from Texas and I will be @ A*Kon all three days...got a room and everything this year. I can't wait!:D

Ali-kun
02-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Not only do I live in Texas, I live in the Dallas area so I'm actually CLOSE to A-kon ;P I mean...*picks random South Texas town* Harlingen or El Paso would be quite a drive - but at least it's at an aiport hotel ;3

Hmm, it's next year that they're moving to the Adams Mark hotel in downtown Dallas, right? Hehe, that was the hotel we had for senior prom! Won't that be weird @_@ (and that's, like, half an hour from my house ;3)

Celine
02-19-2003, 08:09 PM
HAHAHA I am moving to the Dallas area TOMORROW. XD So, I'll be living there by the time Akon happens this year.

katchoo
02-19-2003, 10:47 PM
wow Celine congrats! I'm visiting there next week! I hope to try to find a job out there so I can move to Dallas also!

Celine
02-20-2003, 12:11 AM
Hehe, thanks... I'm sorta nervous and sad tonight to be saying goodbye to my apartment. ^^ But Dallas is a great place. Lovely weather and all. I used to live there, for 11 years.

TR5368
02-20-2003, 12:13 AM
I live in Tx and will be at the con all three days also woohoo! ahh Kodiak you know im kiddin would never dis a fellow trooper..you guys are my familia :)

kodiak33
02-20-2003, 02:32 PM
Welcome to the area Celine...the great thing about the DFW area is the people. I have been up north several times and there always seems to be this harshness in the way northerners carry themselves. Believe it or not the majority of us down here don't sound like the Beverly Hillbillies or ride horses to work:D Matter of fact we just got indoor plumbin @ my house last month. Progress is a great thing !!!:D

Xanatos
02-20-2003, 02:50 PM
:D I live in DFW, I am going all 3 days,
I don't know who I'm going too be yet....

baku_neko
02-20-2003, 03:17 PM
I live in Dallas too!! Yay!!! ^_^

HuongStar
02-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Yay!! More Dallas-area cosplayers! :)

Ali-kun
02-22-2003, 04:58 AM
You're gonna come visit me Celine, right? ^__^ Weekends in Sherman are SO boring, and I have no car, and my new roommate is the anti-entertaining-person (but I whine about -her- all the time >_< )

grandis
03-03-2003, 02:55 PM
I will be at Akon this year too! I try to go every year.

I am currently looking for a place to stay (see that thread), so if anyone has space in a room, wants to get a room and split the cost, or lives in the Dallas area and could tolerate a clean quite roommate who would pay her share, please help me!

And at this point, I'm planning on Merle from Trigun, Twilight Suzuka from Outlaw Star, Natsuki from Hyper Police, Sakaki-san in an Azumanga Daioh Summer suite, and one more, depending on what happens with the LARP I'm in Friday night.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Grandis

Xanatos
03-03-2003, 11:26 PM
I'm struggling between theese....
Jedi Knight
Slytherin Student
Eli from CCS
Seto Kaiba
Yusuke Urameshi

I only need two, So what do you all think.... Which ones ????

kelldar
03-04-2003, 07:42 AM
er, updated list...
Yuffie (ff7)
Ruby Heart (marvel vs capcom)
Nanami (utena)
Integra (hellsing)
Sana (kodocha)

those are my for sures right now... and I'm definitely bringing Amidala, Chun-Li and Belldandy.

HuongStar
03-04-2003, 09:46 AM
Hooray for Azumanga Daioh cosplay! :D My little sister, my boyfriend and myself all have AD cosplay planned for A-kon.

Space Invader
03-04-2003, 03:25 PM
My cosplay plans have changed. I've pushed back Kaoru, and am making more Hikaru costumes. I'll have at least 2 new ones for A-Kon; the redo of my armor dress (YAY for vinyl armor! XD), the Art Noveau dress, and the one I had for Ushi (I'm making the right armbands for it, though).

Ah yes, and my sword will be done. HOORAY FOR 4 1/2 FOOT LONG SWORDS! XDDD

djmihoshi
03-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Woot. for. A-KON. I live right on the outskirts (no, really. I could WALK to A-kon if I absolutely had to. I'd be hit by a car though 0_o;; )
Anywhoo, I'm goin as Asuka (Plugsuit Asuka) and possibly Hamtaro if I can get my costume done by Spring Break

Oh, and my anime club is cosplaying too. They're costumes are too hilarious to not mention:

Joe-Drunken Harry Potter (The title explains it all. He looks like Harry Potter....if Harry was a boozehound.) Now comes with roadkill owl (Poor owl never stood a chance 0_o;; ) and super booze breath action!!

Hentai sensai-Edward Scissorhands. Man, picking things up is really gonna suck for him. And my back is gonna be sore from being poked to death

Rei sempai-Rei (schoolgirl uniform). She's also working on a Lance of Longnius so we can play....EVANGELION LIMBO!! How low can ya go before the 3rd Impact? Find out!

My little sister-Plum/Sumomo. She's like 3 feet tall and loves anime. How adorable is that!? She's seen more anime than many of the people in the club (Including End of Evangelion..I hope I didn't warp her fragile mind)

There's more...I think we've got a Belldandy, Nuriko, various sailor scouts, and Auron somewhere in the club...:thumbsup:

TR5368
03-05-2003, 02:42 PM
Go for Jedi Knight Xanatos..hehe :)

erikadoor
03-06-2003, 01:27 AM
Erika here.

Last year was too much fun, and the artist's alley at A-Kon rocks so I almost *have* to go. As I am.

As for cosplay, a friend's getting together a Magna Carta group, so I'm bringing along my Juclesia [which has to be a Saturday, as unless I use Comet cleanser, those tattoos don't come off...]. Other costumes? Possibly Angel from KoF or a certain manga version of Urd. I really wish I could bring my Idol Project Shion but the wig is used for Juclesia and requires too much styling....*sighs*

We'll see what happens. It's too far away to decide and I've got ACen to worry about....which is all of two weeks before A-Kon...
Oi....

Erika Door
http://www.erikadoor.com

Duncan
03-06-2003, 06:04 PM
I'm that Friend. *points above*

I'm bringing Locke, Calintz, and most likely Kamui if I have time. @_@

Michi
03-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Ooooh Angel from KOF? If you go you should join the KOF group shoot on Saturday morning, Erika~ ^^

Duncaaaan. I'm groping you as Locke. Fair warning. :D

Maki
03-13-2003, 08:08 PM
I'm going! It's my first time at a-kon ^^ I'll be going as:

Val (Duel Jewel) - Pin outfit
Katsura (Baiser) - not sure of the look's name ^^;
Maki (Morning Musume) - Koi no Dance Site
Daichi (Psycho le Cemu) - Doppelganger (school uniforms)

I hope to see some of you there..it sounds like everyone will have great costumes! ^^

peaseblossom
03-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by kell
er, updated list...
Yuffie (ff7)
Nanami (utena)
Integra (hellsing)
Sana (kodocha)

those are my for sures right now... and I'm definitely bringing Amidala, Chun-Li and Belldandy.

Wai wai! Integra! I want pictures with you as Integra and me as Seras! ^__^

kelldar
03-17-2003, 10:57 AM
sweet!! XD my friend may or may not be doing alucard, we're not sure yet, but if she doesn't I'm sure we can find another alucard to grab for pics >D

TR5368
03-17-2003, 04:53 PM
I cant wait to meet all of you guys! ^-^ Kell, since you are bringing your Amidala, I must get a picture with ya :)

Quies
03-26-2003, 09:57 PM
once apon a time my mother said i could go. but i think htat fell through.
and i can't go next year beause i'm graduating that weekend....or the next beacuse my frends will be graduating...guess it's now or never.
oh well. hope everyone else has a great time.

kyandi-chan
03-29-2003, 07:47 PM
This is my 2nd A-kon and 2nd (real) con and I'm going as :

Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - Normal (need more people for cosplay group....need more)
Chihiro (Spirited Away) - Sen Bathhouse Version
Ni (Princess Mononoke) - The 2nd wolf pup

and Maaaybe I'll have a J-pop costume with a group. but its only for a skit or something.

hypergirl
03-29-2003, 09:52 PM
Oh man, i just feel awful now! I am going to be Belldandy at a-kon, too!! My costume is nothing comared to yours!!! I sewed it all by hand so... *sigh* too late now. I will just be trying to avoid all other goddesses. hehe

Madasi
04-01-2003, 02:12 AM
Hey,
I'm new around here, but I'm headed to A-kon this year. (it's 99% certain, but it's gonna happen I swear)
It'll be my first con ever, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Now, if I can figure out how to do those costumes I want ...
:)

TR5368
04-01-2003, 11:42 AM
Just take your time... Welcome to the boards.

Ash
04-03-2003, 04:29 PM
i'm going....you guys dont really know me but I'm kell's friend. i'm going to be a pirate monkey, alucard from hellsing, mama kurata from kodocha and also rewearing my yuna, maybe ling xiaoyu and kell is forcing to wear evil skuld again with her belldandy >:|
can't wait!

Ryouko
04-04-2003, 12:18 PM
I've deciced to forgoe Animazement this year and head to A-kon instead, so I will most likely be hanging around on Friday and Saturday. :) I'd actually like to stay at the con for the weekend...if anyone needs an extra room-mate at the Hyatt, please let me know. I'm a 21 year old femme who doesn't drink or smoke, and doesn't mind sleeping on the floor. I'll also be happy to pay my share in advance. The only I requirement I have is no room parties (not that type of gal).

Anyone from the UTA anime club hang around here?

Anywho, I'll be cosplaying as Aerith and Roll.exe for the weekend. :) Can't wait to see everyone!

psythe
04-07-2003, 07:45 AM
omgomg i need to start looking for plane tickets!!! X_x *dies*

neock
04-07-2003, 11:00 AM
Hey yeah I'll be heading to A-Kon this year as Crono only this year till i get used to going to cons. This year, I'm trying to make it as comfortable for me to play DDR in-costume as possible. ^^;

katchoo
04-07-2003, 11:55 AM
I'm going to be bringing the following costumes (hopefully) lol

Mew mint (tokyo mew mew)
Eclaire (kiddy grade)
Freya (chobits)
Tinkerbell (KH)
um and any other random outfit I think of.

TR5368
04-08-2003, 04:45 PM
neok, If I can play DDR, trust me you will be able to also..hehe

Naru
04-12-2003, 08:32 PM
um... hello.... my name is Naru... I am normally on the babble board... anyways, I was thinking about going to this con in TX but only if I could meet up with some people from cosplay.com. this is because I don't know of anyone where I live that enjoys cosplaying. also this would be my first time. I haven't started on my costume yet but i will soon. just gotta deside which one XD

Ravey
04-17-2003, 10:58 PM
*laughs* I'm goin' too!!^_^ *jumps up and down* I'll be goin' as schoolboy Seiya (from Sailor Moon Sailor Stars) and Miaka (from Fushigi Yugi [duh!]). I'll see you all there!! YAY!

JgPocky
04-20-2003, 09:58 PM
I only cosplay the same type of thing over and over because, I admit, I can't sew or anything.
Anyways, I plan on being:
Seta from Love Hina
Icchan from Angelic Layer
AND....
Nabeshin! Yes, I have an afro and it looks groovy.

Naru
04-20-2003, 10:05 PM
no da XD love~Miaka

SETA!! My hottie pie!

I have desided on Subaru from .hack!

accelagirl
04-20-2003, 11:26 PM
i'm going to a-kon *wavies* i ALWAYS go to a-kon *DETERMINED FACE* got mi prereg.. gotta save up for hotel!!! >_< it's gonna suck when the cons over and we have no money :X

40 days til a-kon, spaz factor is HIGH

Naru
04-21-2003, 06:37 AM
I'm seriously considering sleeping in my car. It can't get too cold right? it would save me big bucks. Either that or crash with others who wanna save some cash. I don't snore and I don't mind sleeping on the floor XD

accelagirl
04-21-2003, 09:56 PM
car sleeping!! a friend of mine did that, said that it wasn't too bad, though he missed out on hotel fun~

but then again, he was awake until like.. 4 and woke up at like.. 11... but car sleeping is a thought~ just make sure you have a room where you can change into cosplay and all! :x

Lionheart-sama
04-21-2003, 10:07 PM
This will be my first A-kon. I'll be going as Squall both in regular clothes and SeeD uniform.

I'm currently looking for other FF8 cosplayers on the A-kon forums, so far we a Rinoa, Zell, Quistis, and Selphie. If interested, msg me or post in the FF8 group thread on the A-kon forums.

Koumori
04-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Since I'm only taking costumes that transport easily and/or don't require wigs, I'll most likely have White Mage Yuna, Preventers Lady Une, and maybe a generic lolita outfit of some kind. Maybe Belldandy if I can figure out how to get the wig down there.

harukarose
04-22-2003, 11:07 PM
^_^; We'll be going too.

Ringo
04-23-2003, 12:29 AM
Hey more Coloradons! I you don't make it to the picnic see you at A-kon. ^_^

kelldar
04-23-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by accelagirl
40 days til a-kon, spaz factor is HIGH

Oh YEAH!!! I had a freak out moment the other day when I realised how close it was and what little time I had left.
Ok, here is my updated list...

Definite:
Yuffie (FF7)
Ruby Heart (Marvel vs Capcom)
Sana (Kodocha)
Integral (Hellsing)
Nanami (Utena)
Belldandy (AMG)
Amidala (Star wars)

And theeen I'm thinking of bringing Eternal Jupiter, Amalthea, Ocha or... geez I dunno

heee I'm getting excited ^_^

accelagirl
04-23-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by kell
Oh YEAH!!! I had a freak out moment the other day when I realised how close it was and what little time I had left.

OMG.. i've been having those more and more lately~~ 38 days, ahhhh crap @_@

layne
04-23-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Ravey
*laughs* I'm goin' too!!^_^ *jumps up and down* I'll be goin' as schoolboy Seiya (from Sailor Moon Sailor Stars) and Miaka (from Fushigi Yugi [duh!]). I'll see you all there!! YAY!

Yay for Seiya cosplayers! Although I don't know if I'll be cosplaying as Seiya at akon...but yay anyways!!!!

TyJILDown
04-23-2003, 08:55 PM
OK I still have to book plane tickets and all but I finally have my definite list of costumes, unsure of days though:

Marone Bluecarno of Tales of Eternia
Chun Li (cyber vinyl variation) of Street Fighter
Zakuro of Tokyo Mew Mew

I may also bring one more...but that is not definite.

Sundance Kid
04-27-2003, 11:51 AM
I'm goin' too! I'm goin' with a group of 8 people. This is our first con so I can't wait! I heard it's an absolute blast! We've only had time to make one costume each though. I hope that's ok. Here's a list of what my group's costumes are:

Vash the Stampede from Trigun (my costume-I'm crossplaying)
Ms. Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin
Kagome, Miroku, and Sango from Inuyasha
Jessie and James from *gasp* Pokemon (believe it or not, my mom's going as Jessie and her boyfriend's going as James!)

I sure hope to have a good time. I'm so spazing cuz it's soooo close and I don't have all of my costume together yet. We're not renting a room, but we plan to go all three days. I don't live that far from it. See you guys there!

Sundance Kid

Sundance Kid
04-29-2003, 06:57 PM
Update on costume:

I am no longer going as Vash because of time and money issues. I will be going as Inuyasha.

Sundance Kid

Ravey
05-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by layne
Yay for Seiya cosplayers! Although I don't know if I'll be cosplaying as Seiya at akon...but yay anyways!!!!

What? What?! WHAT??!! :eek:

^^ Heh Heh! Well it's not like anyone recognized me in the suit anyways. They had all these far-out guesses last year. And at AnimeFEST too...O.O I was the only Starlight there. Can you believe it?!

grandis
05-23-2003, 08:02 AM
In case folks want to know, I'll be bringing

Natsuki from Hyper Police
Cutey Honey (Pink Dress) from Cutey Honey
Yomi from Azumanga Daioh (Summer school suit)
Merle Strife from Trigun
Twilight Suzuka from Outlaw Star
Boogie Pop from Boogie Pop Phantom

And I'm looking forward to seeing all your cool suits.

Grandis

katchoo
05-23-2003, 12:27 PM
How fun! I can't wait, it's my first con and it's next week!!!!! I am bringing less then I thought though.

Moogle
Chii
Mint
Miwako
hopefully tink for the photoshoot

Koumori
05-23-2003, 01:04 PM
OK, I'm not going to be there the whole time and am trying to travel light, so it's settled on Red Belldandy and my brand new Generic Preventers Uniform (Non-Dress: Female).

Xanatos
05-24-2003, 04:40 PM
:juggler: I may or may not be going due too unforeseen events.
Saturday I must accompany my Church youth group on a field trip as well as work that night, Sunday we must prepare for VBS, I being on Youth council have much too prepare for the following week plus work that evening as well....
Also I have been working 2 jobs and rigorously preparing for College therefore I have had no free time.
I will try too attend Monday, I will be moving to Dallas within a month as well......

caelestis
05-25-2003, 01:50 PM
I'll be there-- just look for the short kid with the bad sunburn (oww)..

And should I get offa my butt and finish it, I'll be a mage there from the FF series. :D

kyandi-chan
05-25-2003, 04:00 PM
ahhh i changed!!!

Ni the wolf (Princess Mononoke
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Young Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Princess Peach/Toadstool (Supermario/Super Smash Bros. Melee hybrid)
Cait Sith (FF7 group)

and other random things....like a super fabulous ghetto sora...or mew ichigo from tokyo mew mew just for the hell of it!

kelldar
05-25-2003, 05:00 PM
*whew* As of today I am finished and ready to finish packing *_*
My absolutely *final* list:
Nanami (utena)
Sana (Kodocha)
Yuffie (ff7)
Belldandy w/wings (AMG)
Integra (hellsing)
Eternal Sailorjupiter
Amidala (star wars)
I think that's everything...I need to go to the mall this week and find something to wear to the dance, I plan on wearing my Belldandy wig and want something cute to go with it oO;

Pink Bunnie
05-26-2003, 02:27 PM
XD Um I don't *think* I've posted here yet. Oooh I so forgetful. I'm gonna be there tho I'm not too sure of what I'm gonna bring.

Utena Rosebride
Gothic Lolita Wedding Dress
Paiway (Vandread)

After that I'm not too sure. I'd like to bring at least one more. I do have a new Yukari (Parakiss) costume but I accidently destroyed one of the shoes -_-;;;

Any suggestions? I got all me costumes in mah database if anybody would be kind enough as to help me decide ^.^

StarMegami
05-26-2003, 02:48 PM
Oh my gosh, it's nearly here! Slow down! >_<

I'm gonna as:
Mana (Gardenia)
"Sacrificial" Deedlit

Just two for me ^__^
Must be off to paint my necklace!

layne
05-26-2003, 08:22 PM
Depending on the amount of alcohol I consume, I may do the Sailor Starfighter thing. Hahaa..tipsy Starfighter. Woohoo!

kleykulele
05-27-2003, 11:44 AM
I know that I am way late on this thread, but I hardly ever post anyways >.>;;;. But yeah, I am going to A-kon. Woot *.*!! I'll be cosplaying as:

Lum from Urusei Yatsura
and a seeeecret costume

My lum costume is virtually...non existant @.@. But yes, since i know some of you from other boards, hope to see some of you there!

Darkness DEMON
05-29-2003, 02:29 PM
Jeez, then you better get your butt in gear and start on it. Me? Im going as youko kurama with the cute ears and the tail.... but most of the rest of my freinds r going as INUYASHA peoples... if any of you guys see an Inuyasha and Youko kurama together give me a yell ok i want to get lots of pics from people i know or chat with from cosplay please thanks.
BRAT

ps ::: you can call either of the names BRUTANA or BRAT both the same to me. sankuu

LionBoogy
05-30-2003, 12:08 AM
I shall be doing my jobas always. So seeya all there! hehe

- Lionel

layne
05-30-2003, 06:43 PM
That rocks!