PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Dragon-con from the airport

Eurobeat King
07-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Last year I took a cab to the Hyatt from the airport, which cost about $30 but then on the last day, Monday, I took the underground light-rail from the food-court/shopping area close to the Hyatt, and that cost about $1. :thumbsup: quite a difference, ne?

This year I plan to take the light-rail to the Hyatt/shopping-center to Dragon-con when I arrive Friday morning at 7:30am. Now I know where to go to take the train once I get off the plane (it's near baggage-claim) but I've forgotten which train route to take and which stop (what's the station name) do I get off at for the Hyatt.

Anyone who can provide me (and anyone else who plans to do the same thing like I do) with the information, that would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks!

halafax
07-25-2005, 03:34 PM
ITs right up the road. Its right next to the hotels. Peachtree Center I think is the station.

kitsunered
07-25-2005, 03:39 PM
You take Doraville line from the airport going north and get off at Peachtree Center Station. It drops you about a block from the hotel, but if you take the right escelator from the underground station, it will put you in the foot court that attaches to the Hyatt via hamster trail.

Eurobeat King
07-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Kitsunered & halafax: Thanks for the info. I remember going from the Hyatt to the food-court area and then going down that looooooooooooong escalator to the station. I'll besure to take the Doraville Line and get off at the Peachtree Center Station Thanks again!

Neo Dave
07-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the info guys! Dr.Noe and I will be flying in Thursday night so this would be a cheaper alternative. How long does it take to get to the Hyatt via light rail?

TechieCL
07-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the info guys! Dr.Noe and I will be flying in Thursday night so this would be a cheaper alternative. How long does it take to get to the Hyatt via light rail?

1\2 hour to 45mins.

joeranger
08-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Just took it last night. Stayed at the Hyatt:)
Get on at the Airport (S7) the 8th stop is N1 Peachtree Center. Takes about 15 min. During the rush hours they run every 10min, then every 1/2 hour.

Neo Dave
08-29-2005, 01:18 AM
Just took it last night. Stayed at the Hyatt:)
Get on at the Airport (S7) the 8th stop is N1 Peachtree Center. Takes about 15 min. During the rush hours they run every 10min, then every 1/2 hour.

Thanks Joe! Catch you there at the USCM table.

Eurobeat King
09-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Finished packing, and I'm headed out to the airport in an hour. Talked with Lionel, and he's getting into Atlanta an hour before I do, so he'll wait for me before we take the train to the Hyatt. :) After that we'll probably check into our room if it's ready, and then while he sleeps I'll probably try and pre-reg. else sleep for an hour or so myself.. hehe

See you all tomorrow or Saturday! :skidude2: And no matter how you get there, get there safely and just get there! ciao~