PDA

View Full Version : ZiggyB's Private Photoshoots at PMX

ZiggyB
07-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Hello everyone!

I've recently gotten a lovely new camera and I'm a little burned out cosplay wise, so I thought I'd go to this con and only take pictures.

I'd like to set up a few private photoshoots at PMX. What I have in mind will take about 30min to an hour for each shoot. I'll be taking people all over the convention center and maybe even the surrounding area, like the pier near by for photos.

So if you agree to do this, know that I maybe taking you away from the convention, so please keep that in mind if you have masquerade meetings or panels that you are attending.

Another thing is that I'm using a new camera which I'm still learning how to use it properly. Part of this shoot will involve me looking at the camera and being very confused. So I appolgize in advance for that. :)

I'm only looking to do 2-3 shoots a day (Saturday-Monday) so I can take my time and still attend the convention and take general cosplay photos.

So if you are still interested, please do the following:

1. Reply to this thread or Private Message me.

2. Please let me know what costume you'd like me to shoot. Please supply pictures of your costume. I'm going for a particular look and theme, so I'm picking the shoots based on costume.

3. What day and time you are free.

4. Groups are fine, but please the group cosplay should be from the same anime or series.

5. Guys! Please reply! :) I'd like to get a few male cosplayers to shoot too.

6. I'm also looking to try some night photography, however, I'm *very* inexperienced at doing night photography. If your costume fits well at night please let me know. However, there is the possibilty that none of the photos will turn out well. :( Or they can turn out fantastic. :) Let me know if you're willing to chance a night photo shoot.

For an example of some of my better photos, please take a look at some of my recent convention galleries:

San Diego Comic Con 2005 (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=20899&userid=418)
Sakura Con 2005 (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=16326&userid=418)
Private Shoot with AJ and Aya Mizu (Sailor Moon School Uniforms) (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=11939&userid=418)

What you'll get in return are high quality JPEG files at 800x600. Similar to the ones I have here (http://www.divideby0.com/photos/2005/Comic-Con/shoots.html). Since this is my first time trying this, the photos that you will receive will not be watermarked.

The equipment I'll be using is the Canon EOS 350D/Rebel XT with Canon 50mm/1.8 and Canon 28-105mm/3.5-4.5 lenses.

Once everything is decided, I'll contact you on what day and time to meet and close this thread when all the slots are filled.

Don't worry if you don't get picked, I'll still be around taking general cosplay photos. :)

Anyway, thanks everyone and I hope to see you all at PMX. :)

shogun
07-26-2005, 12:09 AM
Well, I would suggest the Rainbow Lagoon. Everyone uses it for wedding pics and it's close to the con site. It's just not in the middle of things, which is why we weren't going to put gatherings there...

Mike

Midnight
07-27-2005, 10:51 PM
You're not charging for these photoshoots, are you? ^^;

ZiggyB
07-28-2005, 03:42 PM
No of course not, all of the above is free. :)

Winter Divinity
07-29-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm interested, but I don't have any pictures of my costume. It's still incomplete but I hope to have it done way before the con starts. When is your deadline?

Onyx
07-29-2005, 12:35 AM
My friend and I are interested ^.^. We will be Krad(me) and Dark(Shun) from DNangel. I have no pictures of his Dark costume since it is still in the works (I do have a reference though ^^) and I have only a few pics of my Krad cosplay from AX(this costume is imcomplete , it is missing the cape and gauntlets/sleeves, plus the deatails ie: buckles and straps). We will be wearing the costumes on Sunday since we are attempting to enter the masquerade ^.^.

Hope to see U there :).

PS: The first two pics are my Krad cosplay (sadly not the best pics, they seemed to get us when the goofyness got the best of us -_O)the Dark in the picture was from another group.

The last picture is the reference Shun is using for his Dark cosplay.

Shun
07-29-2005, 03:04 AM
Hey Ziggy. Shun here. I was hoping to add a second photoshoot in addition to the one I am doing with Onyx on sunday. Miyori and I were hoping to do a Dynasty Warrior photoshoot. We were hoping to do this friday sometime before the concert series started. Maybe around noon or 1?
Here are the reference shots:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=414353
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=426440
There were more but these are the best two I could find. Thanks!

ZiggyB
07-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Hi guys. Ok, I'm worried about the fact that the costumes aren't done. But let's go with this.

Let me know a week before the con if you guys are done with the costumes and then we'll schedule then?

And right now I'm only going to go with one person/group to allow other people to get in on this too. Sorry.

So please decide which group you guys want to do and let me know?

However, Shun and Miyori I would love to do a Dynasty Warriors shoot. I love that game and the designs and obvously your costumes are done too. :)

Onyx: Instead of doing a group shoot, maybe we can do a single shoot with just your Krad?

Thanks everyone.

Onyx
07-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Hi guys. Ok, I'm worried about the fact that the costumes aren't done. But let's go with this.

Let me know a week before the con if you guys are done with the costumes and then we'll schedule then?

And right now I'm only going to go with one person/group to allow other people to get in on this too. Sorry.

However, Shun and Miyori I would love to do a Dynasty Warriors shoot. I love that game and the designs and obvously your costumes are done too. :)

Onyx: Instead of doing a group shoot, maybe we can do a single shoot with just your Krad?

Thanks everyone.

Either way sounds good to me ^^, so I'll go with what Shun decides. As for the costume, I'll send U pics once I'm done, I should be finished within the next couple weeks. The pics will be without the wings though O.O, I need help gettin into those o_O".

Shun
07-29-2005, 08:49 PM

Thanks everyone.
Hey Ziggy. My Dark is basically done now. I'm gonna be working on the wings for a week straight starting sunday or monday, so don't worry about my costume not being done in time for the convention. We have a skit to do in the masquerade as well, so id be letting onyx down if i didn't finish it in time. If you wanna do single shots instead of group shots, that's fine. I'll leave the final decision up to you since it is your photo-op. Let me know what you decide ^^

SuzukaZakuro
07-31-2005, 02:05 AM
Hello!

I was wondering if you could stomach another Dynasty Warriors shoot for me? I have a Zhu Rong from Dynasty Warriors 5 costume that I'd really like you to take pictures of. I can go with whatever day is convenient for you.

The costume will be the same as in the following photo(sorry it's blurry), except for the giant green and red necklace. They will be a smaller, more accurate size and actually look like gems. :)

Also, I may have a friend that would be interested in bringing her DW5 costume too, but I'm not sure. Could I maybe "add" onto the shoot at a later date? (Her being in the shoot is very tentative, but I would still like to know.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/SuzukaZakuro/PhotobyKirsch.gif

ACXchan
07-31-2005, 02:37 AM
I am totally down for a Last Exile photoshoot with me as Vince, Rika as Alex, and Cindy as Sophia. Just for references.... XD

Sophia and Vincent (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=395052)
Alex (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=394182)

I think we're free all weekend @D@

shogun
07-31-2005, 03:47 AM
Hi Ziggy,

PMX would love to get some good cosplay promo shots for banners and also to use in Japan. Would it be possible to see if any of your subjects would be interested in granting us the right to use the pics and would you also be willing to share them as well?

Thanks,

Mike

ZiggyB
07-31-2005, 05:10 AM
Shun and Miyori: I think I do want you both in DW costumes for the shoot. Actually, if the schedules mesh, would you guys mind if SuzukaZakuro joined the DW shoot as well?

I'll of course do individual shots as well.

SuzukaZakuro: Let's see if we can get all of the DW people together? If not we'll do a seperate shoot ok?

Onyx: Let's go with you alone as Krad for now?

ACXchan: I sent you PM about the shoot. I don't think there will be a problem doing a Last Exile Shoot. :)

shogun: Hi there. I'm flattered that you would want me to take photos for PMX. However, doing something like that would require getting legal releases and forms, checking ID to make sure everyone is of legal age to sign a contract, etc...

That's a whole other process that I would like to avoid.

Thanks for the asking, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline. :(

SuzukaZakuro
08-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Sure, I wouldn't mind being in a group with the DW4 people, but Shun mentioned wanting to do a shoot on Friday before the concert series. I won't be in cosplay on Friday, and can only make it in time for the concert that day. Any other day would be fine, though. ^^

ZiggyB
08-01-2005, 01:28 PM
I won't be in on Friday either. I'll be working and driving in Friday night. I'm only doing shoots Saturday-Monday depending on when I leave.

So would a Saturday DW shoot be ok with everyone?

SuzukaZakuro
08-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Saturday is good for me. Do you have a time in mind?

xmissxhellx
08-02-2005, 11:55 PM
oooh! saturday is perfect!! that's the only day i can make it! ^-^

oh yes, i have a slot saved in there with you for my rikku costume right?

ZiggyB
08-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Shoots still available on Sunday and Monday
Please post here or PM me if you're interested in a shoot. :)

Hey everyone. This just an update of what's going on.

Wow, everyone wants a Saturday slot. LOL That day is getting pretty crowded for me. So let's do this.

This is the current schedule:

Saturday:
o Early Afternoon (Before Noon): Miyori, Shun and SuzukaZakuro - Dynasty Warrors
o Afteroon (Afternoon): ACXChan + group - Last Exile
o Early Evening (5pm or so): Ashe - Final Fantasy XII

Sunday
o Early Afternoon (Before Noon): Festival Yuna - Final Fantasy X-2
o Evening (After Masq): Orochimaru - Naruto

Sunday
o KOS-MOS - Xenosaga

Miyori, Shun and SuzukaZakuro: Are you guys ok with doing a shoot together and is the time ok? I do want to do it at around 11am or earlier. Let me know if it's too early and we can try for something else.

xmissxhellx: Since I'm so packed for Saturday, and you can only make it that day. Let's just find a time and do a shoot. Depending on the time, we might not be able to leave the convention area but we can still get really nice pictures ok?

Onyx: What day would be best for your Krad costume? If you're doing masquerade do you want to do it Sunday?

Onyx
08-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Onyx: What day would be best for your Krad costume? If you're doing masquerade do you want to do it Sunday?

Sunday is perfect for me :). Shun and I will probruly be goin' through judging that day as well, since the costumes are a process and a half to get into O.O(no way we can do it twice that weekend). So either before or after that is good for me, so I'll go with what works for U.

xmissxhellx
08-05-2005, 12:29 AM
alright, that sounds cool! if we cant leave the area, then thats alright! from the pictures ive seen of the place, its pretty nice lookin anyways! ^-^

ZiggyB
08-05-2005, 03:45 AM
Onyx: Ok that sounds good, when is your judging btw? And why don't we do it after so I'm not rushing you? Oh and since you and Shun are going to be together anyway and if he's still up for it, why don't we do the shoot with both of you. It would be silly not to at this point. :)

xmissxhellx: Sounds good, Saturday it is. :)

Onyx
08-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Onyx: Ok that sounds good, when is your judging btw? And why don't we do it after so I'm not rushing you? Oh and since you and Shun are going to be together anyway and if he's still up for it, why don't we do the shoot with both of you. It would be silly not to at this point. :)

xmissxhellx: Sounds good, Saturday it is. :)

I'm not sure when my judging will be yet, I'll be e-mailing them this weekend, I hope to get in right at 10 am to get it done ^^. Oh, and Shun is definetly up for it ^.^, I'm glad he can be in on the shoot I would have hated to exclude him, hehe especially since he'd be with me the whole time -_O.

Shun
08-06-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm not sure when my judging will be yet, I'll be e-mailing them this weekend, I hope to get in right at 10 am to get it done ^^. Oh, and Shun is definetly up for it ^.^, I'm glad he can be in on the shoot I would have hated to exclude him, hehe especially since he'd be with me the whole time -_O.

yay im back in the shoot! *does the jiggy dnangel shuffle*

Aya Mizu
08-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Hey Zig, I'd like to reserve a 2-3 person shoot on Sunday morning or early afternoon if possible :)

ACXchan
08-09-2005, 05:47 PM
That slot works for me too ^ ^

ZiggyB
08-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Oh good, it looks like everyone is generally happy about the shooting schedule.

Miyori and Shun: Are you both ok with the time as well as the combined DW shoot?

Shun
08-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Oh good, it looks like everyone is generally happy about the shooting schedule.

Miyori and Shun: Are you both ok with the time as well as the combined DW shoot?

Miyori has told me she may not be able to make it because shell have school on saturday from 5-8 or so. Suzuka and I can still do the photoshoot if you like though. Also Miyori was saying she was gonna swing by on sunday, so if you'd like to still get shots of all of us in our dw garbs (i'm pretty sure shes bringing her qiao. she was telling me her kos-mos is becoming rather diffiult to finish right now) then anytime you have open on sunday we can do. Let me know what you think.

SuzukaZakuro
08-10-2005, 01:03 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to back out. I thought I was going to be in my DW costume on Saturday, but I'm going to be participating in another event which requires another costume.

I'm so sorry, this is sudden. Thanks for making an effort to take a shoot with me, guys! And thanks to Ziggy for wanting to take pictures of me! Again, sorry for wasting your time.

ZiggyB
08-10-2005, 03:13 AM
SuzukaZakuro: No worries. There's still plenty of time to set up other shoots. :)

Shun: Yah, let me know if you guys can do it on Sunday instead. I'm free on Sunday. :)

ZiggyB
08-14-2005, 01:27 AM
Hey everyone. Because of some understandable changes in the schedule, I'll be able to take more shoots PMX weekend.

If anyone is still interested, please post here or PM me with the costume you'd like to have photographed and which day would work for you and we can figure out a schedule.

Thanks everyone. :)

ZiggyB
08-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Hi everyone, as PMX is coming up in about 2 weeks, I'm going to be PMing all of you who have shoots scheduled with my cell phone number. This is so that I'll be able to contact you all on the day of the shoot.

You are welcome to share your contact information as well, but it is not nessessary. It will just make it easier for me to find you.

I hope to see you all at PMX and I can't wait to see your costumes. :)

radical_akira
08-24-2005, 04:33 AM
hooops! sorry! double posted! message is below! sorry! :(

radical_akira
08-24-2005, 04:39 AM
W8! W8! W8! can I be there too in the photoshoot? Im going there as simply as GTO in civilian clothes. Can I join? Im going there with my cousin who will be cosplaying as Ed of Cowboy Bebop. Can we join the SUnday gathering? Can I contact you Ziggy or something? Can we join, please? :)

ZiggyB
08-24-2005, 04:23 PM
radical_akira: Sorry, but I'm only looking for groups that are from the same series/anime. I'm also pretty booked for the weekend. If I see you walking the convention center though, I'll be sure to get few pictures of you and your cousin though. :)

Shun
08-24-2005, 04:50 PM
LONG LIVE ZIGGY!!!!! THE ZIGGIEST OF US ALL!!! Hehe sorry man i couldn't resist ^_^

radical_akira: Sorry, but I'm only looking for groups that are from the same series/anime. I'm also pretty booked for the weekend. If I see you walking the convention center though, I'll be sure to get few pictures of you and your cousin though. :)

ZiggyB
08-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Shun: ROTFL, where the heck did that come from? X-D

Rema Suzuki
08-26-2005, 11:38 AM
So then you're pretty booked? Darn. It would have been nice to get some night shots, I'm going to be Chloe from Noir and my friend is going as Shaoli who was in Noir for two episodes (The Cosmetic Killer Acte I & II). I don't have any pictures of her costume, althought I do have one on my computer of my costume. I'm the one on the right.

Shun
08-26-2005, 12:03 PM
lol i dont know man ^_^ I think i was watching mulan when i said that. It was when ping rescued the captain and the one guy was like "Let's hear it for Ping! The bravest of us all!" hehe so i guess i just decided to change it up a bit heh

Shun: ROTFL, where the heck did that come from? X-D

annshenus
08-27-2005, 05:48 AM
Hi^^
i am really interested in this photo taken thing.
I will have a Naruto group at sunday.
we will have three people, tsunade/haku/temari
we do have our costume done but we don't have any pic for it.
if you can give us a time on sunday about 1 pm. that will be grade.

Also i am interested in Dynasty Warriors too.
I have a Zhao Yun costume
here's the pic.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=401375
if i can join the group of Dynasty Warriors please tell me so^^

Shun
08-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi^^
i am really interested in this photo taken thing.
I will have a Naruto group at sunday.
we will have three people, tsunade/haku/temari
we do have our costume done but we don't have any pic for it.
if you can give us a time on sunday about 1 pm. that will be grade.

Also i am interested in Dynasty Warriors too.
I have a Zhao Yun costume
here's the pic.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=401375
if i can join the group of Dynasty Warriors please tell me so^^

It's you! dude we'd love to have you in the dynasty warriors group. I didn't get a chance to talk to you at AX and no one I have talked to that was in our DW group had your contact info. You were amazing ^_^ The DW shoot is actually gonna be that morning though, so I hope you can make it :)

annshenus
08-28-2005, 03:37 PM
It's you! dude we'd love to have you in the dynasty warriors group. I didn't get a chance to talk to you at AX and no one I have talked to that was in our DW group had your contact info. You were amazing ^_^ The DW shoot is actually gonna be that morning though, so I hope you can make it :)

OhOh^^
Well I'll love to join you guys
Can you tell me which morning is it?

Shun
08-28-2005, 05:02 PM
OhOh^^
Well I'll love to join you guys
Can you tell me which morning is it?

Sure, np. It'll be sunday morning (sometime -_-) miyori (the da qiao with the huge fans) seems to like to take forever (like three hours forever) getting ready, so i don't know when she's gonna show up, but I'd like to say somewhere around 11am or so ^^

annshenus
08-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Sure, np. It'll be sunday morning (sometime -_-) miyori (the da qiao with the huge fans) seems to like to take forever (like three hours forever) getting ready, so i don't know when she's gonna show up, but I'd like to say somewhere around 11am or so ^^

oh no><
if is sunday i don't think i can make it
cause i have a nurato group on sunday,
and i don't know when is the CosFest Meeting start.
I'll talk to my friends see if they can let my cos DW for few hours.

ZiggyB
08-29-2005, 03:08 AM
Shun: Ahhh, aren't you and Onyx doing DNAngel Sunday morning. After the masquerade craftsmanship judging? At least that's when I have you guys down for the shoot.

Rema Suzuki: Actually, I don't have a lot of people doing night shoots. If you're still interested, we might be able to set things up for a night shoot with you and your friend. What day would work best for you? It's going to have to be Saturday or Sunday as I'm not staying that long Monday.

Shun
08-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Shun: Ahhh, aren't you and Onyx doing DNAngel Sunday morning. After the masquerade craftsmanship judging? At least that's when I have you guys down for the shoot.

Rema Suzuki: Actually, I don't have a lot of people doing night shoots. If you're still interested, we might be able to set things up for a night shoot with you and your friend. What day would work best for you? It's going to have to be Saturday or Sunday as I'm not staying that long Monday.

hey zigy. is it sunday morning? argh! if it frees up your schedule a little, im sure we can move it around. satruday we're going to get judged and can hook up with you then if you have some free time. I have a kingdom hearts gathering (well somewhat gathering that day that shouldnt take too long, and i know onyx will be fine with that as well just as long as the photoshoot happens. I'll get in touch with her tonight and see what she thinks about moving it to saturday. That way the dw group can still happen in the morning, and the dnangel can be shot as well ^^ what do you think?

Rema Suzuki
08-30-2005, 02:44 PM

It would have to be Sunday, because my friend is coming Sunday Morning. Where would we want to take them at?

ACXchan
08-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Ziggy just letting you know we're still on for Saturday ^ ^ Sophia and I are for sure! We're still trying to work out how to get our Alex there but if Alex can't make it then I'll be wearing Alex instead of Vincent probably.

ZiggyB
08-31-2005, 04:17 AM
Shun: Ok I'm very confused. Onyx said your craftsmanship judging is on Sunday but you're saying it's on Saturday. So... can you tell me which day it is?

http://www.pacificmediaexpo.com/2005/cosplay_timeline.php

The PMX Schedule shows judging on both days and please let me know asap when you want what shoot. Ok? If you don't reply by Friday, please give me a call at the convention center.

Rema Suzuki: since I'm going for a night shoot and according to Yahoo weather, the sun sets at 7:30pm. So let's meet then at the convention center? How does that sound?

We'll probably use some of the exisiting lighting of the convention center and whatever else is available in the area.

ACXchan: Saturday is awesome. :) I'll give you a call Saturday so we can touch base ok? :)

Onyx
08-31-2005, 04:54 AM
Shun: Ok I'm very confused. Onyx said your craftsmanship judging is on Sunday but you're saying it's on Saturday. So... can you tell me which day it is?

http://www.pacificmediaexpo.com/2005/cosplay_timeline.php

The PMX Schedule shows judging on both days and please let me know asap when you want what shoot. Ok? If you don't reply by Friday, please give me a call at the convention center.

Rema Suzuki: since I'm going for a night shoot and according to Yahoo weather, the sun sets at 7:30pm. So let's meet then at the convention center? How does that sound?

We'll probably use some of the exisiting lighting of the convention center and whatever else is available in the area.

ACXchan: Saturday is awesome. :) I'll give you a call Saturday so we can touch base ok? :)

Ziggy, sorry for the confusion, it seems that while we originally planned on having judging Sunday morning that isn't goin to be possible since they are reserving it for costumes more complex then ours. Therefore, we are goin to try to get in early on Saterday for judgeing and can then meet U after that if U are still up to it ^.^. All this happened at the last minute so I apologize o_O" for the craziness.

ZiggyB
08-31-2005, 05:10 AM
Ahhh ok. I guess we'll just have to play it by ear with your shoot since you guys won't know when your judging will end? Just give me a call sometime on Saturday so we can meet somewhere and do the shoot?

How does that sound?

Shun
08-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Ahhh ok. I guess we'll just have to play it by ear with your shoot since you guys won't know when your judging will end? Just give me a call sometime on Saturday so we can meet somewhere and do the shoot?

How does that sound?

sounds good man. Ill give you a call while we're in line and what not so as to give you a better idea of when we're gonna be available

Rema Suzuki
08-31-2005, 11:21 PM

Sounds pretty good, in front of the convention center? I don't really know what you look like, but I think being Chloe I'll be pretty reconizable.

ZiggyB
09-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Rema Suzuki: Shoot, I'm really impacted Sunday night, since people want to get their photos taken after the Masquerade.

I'm afraid I can't do our shoot Sunday night after all. :(

Maybe we can meet up Sunday morning and do a quick shoot around the convention center?

Rema Suzuki
09-02-2005, 07:34 PM
That's too bad. I think that my friend and I will be pretty busy, so lets just forget about it. It's too bad it didn't work out though.