PDA

View Full Version : DDR MAx2 to come out for PS2

tydawgsd
01-23-2003, 12:08 PM
Yep that's right, Konami just had a press release stating that DDRMAX2 for the PS2 will be released in the US as early as Fall '03.
All I have to say about this is.....AWESOME!

Oshi
01-23-2003, 12:13 PM
You do realize it won't be the same as the arcade version... they're gonna take songs from various mixes and throw it in there, just like they did for DDRMAX... so it's not THAT awsome....

Celine
01-23-2003, 12:24 PM
The home versions are never the same as the arcade versions. ^^ But, they do give you a pretty good selection (except no E~rotic... I loooooove E~rotic... yay for 3rd mix!), so I'm not complaining. More DDR is still more DDR. ^_^

Lynzie
01-23-2003, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I finally got sick of Konamix and bought Max last night. ^_^ I'm sure by the time Max2 comes out, I'll be more than ready for it!

tydawgsd
01-23-2003, 09:12 PM
Exactly, it doesn't have to be a direct port. More DDR at home is awesome.

Minki-The-Monki
01-24-2003, 12:29 AM
I've been mad at them sine 4th mix plus. I WANT THE SAINTS BACK!!! *Cries*

Sapphira
01-24-2003, 03:20 AM
ALREADY? I just got DDRMax last week, lol! Well, I'll probably be ready for something new by then anyway, so this is good news. ^^

Gingerbread Man
01-24-2003, 02:06 PM
yes, DDR in any form is good news....except disney rave, that's just wierd

Ranma Saotome
01-25-2003, 02:13 PM
From what I'm hearing off of DDR Freak site is that it will be like the arcade version, plus exclusive songs.

DDRMAX2 Dance Dance Revolution™
Release date: Fall 2003
Genre: Music
Platform: Sony PlayStation® 2

Get your dancing shoes on and pump up the volume! Konami's dancing revolution rolls on with the release of DDRMAX2™ for Sony PlayStation® 2. Now offering players a whole new library of unforgettable licensed and exclusive songs for the U.S., DDRMAX2 includes all-new high-energy play modes and an enhanced interface. Players will still have to stay on their toes as all of the standard game modes and the ever-challenging Workout Mode return!

That's directly from thier site. But like I said before, some songs aren't on there due to the fact that there are licesing problems.

MikigamiTokiya
01-28-2003, 12:54 AM
*_* heh cool beans, can't wait for it!

number18
02-01-2003, 01:19 AM
Sweeeeeeeet...although the places around me are apparently already carrying DDR EX in the arcade. And I HAVENT PLAYED IT YET!! :/

Btw, does anyone have one of those fancy -ass hundred dollar Octane pads? And if so, your thoughts on them?

Babbit_Chan
02-01-2003, 01:41 AM
Very cool on more DDR at home - I think arcade's always better, but I have no problem with not spending as much money for a good cut.

18: My friend's getting a friggin metal pad - I'll have to see how that works out and letcha know ^^

KaitouKurogo
02-05-2003, 08:41 PM
>.< A friend of mine has the metal pad. Works like a charm, but it's a bit bulky. I want to buy the metal or octane pad so I can play at home, but it's impossible for me. I live in an apartment complex with such thin walls that if you sneeze too loudly, the entire place echoes. Me jumping around on a DDR pad would get me evicted. T_T Not fair...

^_^ On the plus side, I've almost got enough to buy the Dance Maniac home version. Those hand sensors are great! Next up, Martial Beat!

Sana-chan
02-06-2003, 07:35 AM
I used to have a hard mat, but I hated it cuz it was like springs, the arrows were like buttons and it was really weirdo @_@.

Any new DDR is good for me. Gives me another thing to do XD

Neko Cathy
02-08-2003, 10:51 AM
<<You do realize it won't be the same as the arcade version... they're gonna take songs from various mixes and throw it in there, just like they did for DDRMAX... so it's not THAT awsome....>>
I had a feeling of that. Americanized versions of DDR suck complete ass that it's like what the hell went wrong with Konami? :confused:

<<I've been mad at them sine 4th mix plus. I WANT THE SAINTS BACK!!! *Cries*>>
Oh come on... 4th wasn't that bad, 5th was pretty good (only Japanese version), but 6th sucked like nothing else. 3rd was the best. Boom Boom Dollar ownz.

coscrew
02-08-2003, 07:39 PM
ddr makes me very mad.
i got max for x-mas i have never ever played anything with dreeze arrows before this...

so i'm like YAYE ddr! and i fail miserably...
just now i'm getting used to them, and my mat is going all flakey on me again.. this is mat number 5... *shakes fist*

Tifa
02-09-2003, 02:27 PM
I hated how I had to play with the controller for a few weeks to get all the better songs in DDRMax... But I don't really play with the home pad a lot, anyway. Mine sucks; it's still my first one, and it's those $40 ones. Well, at least it's not as bad as my friend's.. DDRMax2 is my favorite out of the 8, though (8th mix is really boring to me for some reason..)

coscrew
02-09-2003, 04:53 PM
$40 mats? what is it a thicker one? i've only come across $20 soft mats.

my family is too hard on them, i have brothers with big heavy feet who like to make smooshed up piles of mat while they play.
my newest one was bitten my the couch, there was a spring the broke and somehow tore a hole in my right arrow... ><
it still works, but now that my brothers have been playing, you have to fight with the down arrow on occasion, i think the right is going too... you know when your'e done a song, and it's like, "okay, now it's my turn to pick a song!" and it keeps cycling till you stomp up and down all over the place and it finally gives up,

Tifa
02-09-2003, 05:24 PM
Lol! I know! But the worse part is when you're dancing, and you accidently press the x and circle buttons simutaneously (which causes the game to end) just because the pad's screwed up, and it's all the pad's fault.. >< That happened to me twice in a row x.x

About the $40 pads, I just got a set that came with the first DDR and a pad, and the pad usualy sells for $40. It's sorta like the offical DDR pad, 'cause it's the one I see everywhere, and I think it said something like that on the box or something. Or maybe I'm just being stupid again

coscrew
02-10-2003, 02:15 PM
x and circle to end the song? hmm... i've never heard of that.. maybe that a usa thing... i'll have to go test that out.