PDA

View Full Version : Vice City question

KaineMaxwell
01-23-2003, 05:18 PM
Question guys, even after opening up the western island are the R3 missions (vigilantie, taxi driver, ambulence and firefighter), when you start one them on either island, will you stay on that island as long as you do the missions?

Basic Beecicchi
01-23-2003, 05:25 PM
as far as i know, if you "tag" a safety vehicle, it won't make you go across the islands........it's happened once in every 10 missions, [the vigilante missions have them random], but it tries to force you to go within the island, for time constraints.

so, a majority of the time [depending on the vehicle] you do stay on the island you start the mission on.

K_Valentine
01-23-2003, 06:39 PM
I've experienced during the vigialante missions that if you chase your mark to the other islands, your next marks will come from that island you now occupy. Then there's the levels where marks are placed in different parts of the island that wander to other islands.

KaineMaxwell
01-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Ugh..this is gonna suck. I'm waiting for the Rhino to finish off the vigiliantie missions myself. Now if I can just get a friggin speedboat...

Gingerbread Man
01-23-2003, 10:20 PM
buy the boat house and you have two just chillin there.

K_Valentine
01-23-2003, 10:26 PM
I managed to finish my vigialante missions with an FBI Washington (In an alley behind the record store). The tires never flatten, it takes punishment well, and when it is getting pretty bad (Car or Star wise), one trip to Pay N Spray fixes all.

Brown Thunder makes Vigilante missions.... fun.

I'll never be much at Ambulance and Firefighter missions. I drive really badly (just drumming up business XD).

KaineMaxwell
01-24-2003, 09:16 AM
Well I can't buy the boathouse yet. :(

I've gotten lucky getting up to level 6 on the Ambulenc emissions, maybe cause all my people were on the beach too. I quit there cause I was bored with it and my ambulence was close to catching fire...so I drove it into the ocean.

Gingerbread Man
01-24-2003, 03:04 PM
I was bored with it and my ambulence was close to catching fire...so I drove it into the ocean.
how typical, and there should be a house boat over by the golf course, at least I think there is....I haven't played in a while, I got me SOCOM :D

KaineMaxwell
01-24-2003, 08:25 PM
I can finally drive boats now, just did the last Avery (Burt Renolds) mission. Now if I can get the damn boats to actually stop so i can get the package and rampage..

When or where do i get my first heli?

K_Valentine
01-24-2003, 09:05 PM
Buy the Hyman Condo ($14000 I think). It's in the northern area of the West Island (Mainland). There's a heli on the roof.

Get 100 packages and beat the game for the Brown Thunder. It's very fun.

KaineMaxwell
01-24-2003, 11:09 PM
Waiting on the Condos till I got 70 packages. Learning the boats now.

Gingerbread Man
01-25-2003, 12:39 AM
if you just run up to the top of the police station on the second island, there's a helicopter up there

pakachu420
01-25-2003, 03:48 AM
i got all 100 pakages before i even completed "the party" mission

lol
know how to get to the west island before its unlocked without using cheats^_^

what you do is jack a bus
take it over to the marina where you get the missions for Cortez
back the bus into the tree on the right side of the gate
push the bus into the water
jump onto the bus
jump onto the dock
then jack a boat and have fun.

(note: if you die on the other island you'll have to do it all over again so get a save spot a.s.a.p.)

KaineMaxwell
01-25-2003, 04:01 PM
I'm currently trying to get the package on one the wooden dock islands and finish the rampage there (blowing up the boats with the rocket launcher)..problem is boat tends to draft off...

Gingerbread Man
01-25-2003, 06:55 PM
.....no suggestions there, I got impatiant and just grabbed the package. One of these days I'll get the rampage, one of these days.

K_Valentine
01-25-2003, 07:58 PM
I usually take a chopper to that island. Try doing the rampage in the day time. More boat traffic to blow up.

KaineMaxwell
01-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Friend and I got it. He drove the boat and parked it so it wouldn't drift off, I blew the stuff up, then he drove the boat onto a beach and I saved.

The Minigun Rampage kicks ass!