PDA

View Full Version : Rikku FFX-2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Limeyaku
01-23-2003, 06:19 PM
^^;;

I thought it was about time she got her own thread. Yuna has one...Paine has one...Lulu has one...EVEN NURGE HAS ONE!!! *-* Rikku is VERY deserving, I say! ^_^

Now. To all my fellow Rikku fans...

I'm sure you've noticed LOTS of inconsistencies, not only with Yuna details, but yeah, they're there with Rikku too. -_- ( this is referring to the 'default' Theif outfit she wears, not posting a pic cuz...well...it's very common. ^^;; )

http://www.geocities.com/limeyaku/rikkux2.html

I've put that together to (hopefully) help us all. -_- Even though it'll probably confuse just as well.

Myself, I decided to go with the bright yellow top, shiny yellow trim, orange tie in front and back. And yellowe thong-strings. ( which are actually just attached to the skirt. *snicker snicker* )

Basically...I've decided I'm going off the in-game version as seen below. *puts on glasses and points with a pointer*

http://media.psx2.com/images/games/ffx-2/ffx2-33.jpg

Rikku's second discovered outfit was the Gunner class. From what I can see in this tiny junky clip I found it consists of a purple halter top-like shirt with her yellow ( now detailed with brown, i think @_@ ) bikini top, over it. She's wearing purple bikini-ish bottoms and a wierd off-brown and blue( ?? ) sideskirt. *point point*

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=20361

Her second revealed outfit was...dadadaaa! The warrior class. There's LOTS of debate about this one. Personally, I think it's a faded bluey-black with yellow and reddish/pinkish rose coloured stuffs. I dunno. Hopefully there'll be clearer pics soon. O_O *points again to LoneWolfs cool collage thingy ^^ *

http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/Ky0vsIori/rikuchange.jpg

Now. Here we have Rikku-chan's gambler class. Which is a 'barely-there-slab-of-slabs' dress. Like Lebrancs. Actually it looks a LOT like Lebrancs. It's even got a little tattoo thing. And HEY! Rikkus the Clubs...Lebrancs the Hearts...HMMM! ( sakuradayu just pointed out that Paine will probably be Spades and Yuna, Diamonds ) ^_^

http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/Ky0vsIori/ffx2.jpg

YAAAAAAY!!! And MUCH more to look forward to including: White Mage, Black Mage, Popstar, Dark Knight, and....DADAA!! MASCOT! kawaii. ^^

nownow. i know what happened in LoneWolfs "FFX2 costume changes" thread. Im NOT saying im right on anything or trying to sound speciall-er or more rikku-knowledgable yadda yadda. dunt kill me. ^_^;;

ANYWAYS!! Rikku cosplayers come come come post here! ^0^ wee!

PretearWink
01-23-2003, 06:35 PM
I'm already trying to plan Gambler Rikku, it's just so cute and interesting! Though..I really can't picture how her bottoms are .... We definitely need more Rikku pictures! Thank you so much for all the info^_^

Limeyaku
01-23-2003, 06:47 PM
psst psst. *just posted this in another thread but... >_> ... <_< ...*

the easiest way to make something like Gambler Rikku, I think, would be to do what I did for Lebranc.

Basically, make a long, sleek straight dress. Try it on, draw where there are supposed to be holes, then cut'em out and trim'em with biastape.

Ah yes. biastape is your friend. Looks like it'll be especially helpful for Gambler Rikku... O_O or maybe ribbon...for the purple trim stuffs... *^-^* i LUV the yellow/purple colour scheme. SO bright n pretty. *_*

hmm...where the white ropey thing drapes around her neck and collarbone, i'm taking that as the perfect oppurtunity to cover the chest area with dance-tights material. that way the white ropey-half-necklace will cover the top seam. ^-^

for the arm things, i'd use craft-foam since it'd hold shape the best and MUCH less painful/irritating than wire. =P

fishnet thigh-highs, obviously. LOL!

... is that her other leg in the picture? with no fishnet? or is that another drapey part of her 'dress' ? O_o i only see one leg. LOL

thts all the ghetto-hints from me, anyways!! if you start anytime soon, take LOTS of in progress piccys. *very curious* ^___^

Schu
01-23-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm prolly not here to say much except that gruuu for changing designs after I finish costume *grugrugru.* At Ohayocon I wore the rikku costume that I had to make from one reference pictures *sigh* which is all I had at the time. I'm redoing it all... as I hope to do most of Rikku's costumes... they are all awesome. The gambler one looks pretty nakey... stupid holiday pudge... anyway. I think Leblanc/branc/whatever had caught my eye, so that might be my next instead of redoing Rikku.

Limeyaku
01-23-2003, 07:57 PM
wahh! Schu!! that was YOU at Ohayocon!! Congrats on being one of the first X2 Rikkus! XD coool! ^0^ good good job! ^_^

PretearWink
01-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the hints Limeyaku, that was soo sweet of you! I didn't even notice the white line, but it IS a great excuse for finally being able to cover up a bit ^_^ I'll remember to take tons of pics as soon as I get cash after I go to Megacon (my recent Mylene Jenius costume I just finished has run me DRY). And that holdiay pudge has gotta go before I make that costume O.O

TheLoneWolf
01-23-2003, 11:52 PM
SO....dissappointed....over....losing...thread.
*Sigh* Live and let Die they say.

A character from another game whose costume closely matches Rikku's Gambler class is Bonne Jenet from Garou:Mark of The Wolves.

She has a basically simplified version of Rikku's costume which you can see:

www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/snk-bjenet.gif
www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/bjenet-pose1.jpg
www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/bjenet-pissed.gif

Perhaps you can use these as references.Also,there are pictures on here of some girl who did cosplay B.Jenet.

Also,seeing as my other post just DIED on me,I'll post up my Rikku Warrior Transformation Sequence Collage here:

www.angelfire.com/anime2/Ky0vsIori/rikuchange.jpg

P.S:
>nownow. i know what happened in LoneWolfs "FFX2 costume changes" thread.......

That.......hurt.......

TheLoneWolf
01-24-2003, 12:03 AM
Found another Warrior Rikku.

~edit~
Lime,change the link to the Gambler Class Rikku from ffx2.jpg to gamblerikku.jpg,ok?

Mandy Mitchell
01-24-2003, 02:33 AM
I cosplayed FFX Rikku. She was one of the hardest costumes I had ever done.

Sapphira
01-24-2003, 03:47 AM
Wow, awesome!! This will help a lot!! Thanks Limeyaku!! <3

RealizeDOP
01-24-2003, 09:44 AM
O.O Oh wow, you ARE hardcore, hahahhaha :) Anyway yea...I'll be wearing mine at Katsucon. So far it's coming along great, but i'm having issues finding the right shoes. I found some PERFECT ones I wanted to alter but I lots the bid of it....trust me I'm kicking myself EVERYDAY for it...***grumbles grumbles*** but yea...right now i'm just trying to find the shoes...other than that the rest of the costume looks great....The Hair ROCKS : ) Oh yea i'm definately excited.....*.*

marsie
01-24-2003, 01:46 PM
Lone- Do you know if the part in the middle is open for Warrior Class or is it like a body suit type thing?

silent_hippo
01-24-2003, 02:16 PM
i was the ffX rikku this year at ohayocon. I didn't find out about ffX-2 until half way through the costume.... ah well.

Mink
01-24-2003, 04:16 PM
Im doing her too! Wee....you know I swore I wouldnt join in and do a costume that a million people are doing, but what the hey, Rikku is just too darn cool. Plus my two chick friends really want to do Paine and Yuna so you can see us at Fanime!

Limeyaku
01-24-2003, 04:32 PM
O_O didnt work the first time after my uber-long post too. -_- ugh.

anyways, i was looking at screenshots, very hard for a long time and drew this conclusion. ( literally XD )

it's probably VERY far off and Id suggest you wait for the official pics if you're making it, but this is what i've got so far... i did this for her theif outfit too just working off the YUNA poster. O_o;;

needless to say, i only got the skirt and scarf right. ^^;;

but anyone wanting to start ASAP and in need of some fellow-rikku fans opinion...thts mine for now. the pants and boots are VERY wrong, im sure, since there were VERY little amount and sized screenshots. kinda...artistic preference. ^^;; with some imagination.

so bleh! here it is.

HEHEHEHAHAHAHAH! i suk VERY VERY bad in paint. ^_^;;;;; i actually drew the whole thing with the line tool. LOL!!!! thats all i CAN do... ^^;; *hides*

Troppy
01-24-2003, 04:47 PM
well for being drawn in PAINT...that's pretty rad!

Limeyaku
01-24-2003, 05:26 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooohooooooooo!! Here we go girls!!

Lets get started! >=D

http://www.playonline.com/ffx2/images/ab_dress3.jpg

*0* wow. such a pretty BUTTFLAP! LOL!!

SAVE THE CHILDREN! WEAR DANCETIGHTS/SHIRTS!

*is spazzing happily due to knowledge that the official FFX-2 site was updated TODAY and has many more screenshots as well*

^___________________________^

Yuna
01-24-2003, 05:49 PM
Mau, I wanna see Yuna's Gambler Class >D

Mau... I kinda wanna do something skimpy, mau mau!

::hides::

Limeyaku
01-24-2003, 05:55 PM
I think all the Gambler classes might look skimpy so you're probably in luck. LOL! That's what Lebranc is too, i think...rikkus clubs, lebranc is hearts...yuna'll prolly be diamonds...wonder if they'll tone hers down a bit tho since 'it's yuna!!' ...

then again, she IS in hotpants and a tiny slit halter top for her default outfit... -_-;;

you /want/ to do something skimpy? brave girl. o_o then again you obviously CAN with the perfect body n all. XP

I wanna see Rikkus mascot mode *0* BIG TEDDY RIKKU!!! hhehe!

Yuna
01-24-2003, 05:57 PM
hahaha, I know, it's REALLY bad to say that you WANT to do something skimpy... but yeah, less clothing means less work XD

Limeyaku
01-24-2003, 06:01 PM
LOL!!! true true...as long as everythings securly covered i think it's fine to do skimpy stuff. i mean...if women are allowed to walk around topless...at least its MORE than that. XD

i dont understand how they dont freeze though...*ponders* @_@ mindboggling...n yeah, i've actually seen screenshots of them in their FFX-2 gear at Mt gagazet. . . *shivers* *_*

Yuna
01-24-2003, 06:02 PM
they're pixaleted images, thempurature has no bareing on them XDDD

Limeyaku
01-24-2003, 06:08 PM
LOL!!! true...very true. ^-^;; wish it were the same for me. *is very cold* *-* it was WARM today though. ~_~ bleh...

hrm...just wondering, anyone know how many classes there are predicted to be??

at first i read 6, but i think they've gone over already ^^;; and erilan told me there 30 in FFT... X_x

another thing...is anyone else as scared of the popstar costumes ?? if theyre dressing like this NOW, i really dont want to see what they'll look like as popstars. -_- ... actually, i cant deny that i do...its ffx...i love everything ffx. *_* hehehahaha

Yuna
01-24-2003, 06:14 PM
I just really want to get this off my chest:

Rikku isn't wearing a thong, or at least a visible thong. That sting going around her hips is the string that ties in bows on her skirt.

Done.

OMG, I know! I was getting really pissed off when people were comparing the new FFX-@ designs to those of popstars. I was all, "Ok, these characters were designed like, what, a year ago? Maybe even more! THe game is due to come out in a little over a month, and the character designs are one of the first things that are done with a game, so then, in essence, these popstars should be compared the the FFX-@ characters! >o MAU.

PretearWink
01-24-2003, 06:46 PM
OMG, thanks so much for the Gambler Rikku pic! *happily gets started*

heki-chan
01-24-2003, 07:46 PM
*_* tht looks relaly cool ^0^

limeyaku-- ive got BIG GIANT official playing cards if u need, okies?^__^ LOL its really cute :)

are there any paine pix yet? *goes to playonline*

Collie
01-25-2003, 12:04 AM
http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/6/big/67.jpg

Paine pic....
~*~Collie~*~

Limeyaku
01-25-2003, 12:24 AM
hrm.... nessa, im not sure if you took what i said the wrong way or not. O_o

but by popstar costumes i did not did not did not mean comparing them to christina or w/e . bleh. thatd just be stupid.

but you probably know i was referring to the PopStar job class they have in FFX2 now. O_O im scared of what THOSE will look like.

collie, the pic didnt work for me. =\ maybe its just me? ^^;; but theres LOOOOOTS at playonline.com

hmm...actually ... *holds up monacle (sp?? ) * after much investigating, i think the 'thong' strings arent the ones that tie in front. on a lot of pictures they're different coloured ( ie. the strings are orange/golden yellow and the ties are bright yellow ) but she definately is NOT wearing a thong. you crazy sickos who think she is! *shakes fist at u* i think thatd be TOO extreme for Rikku-chan.

theres proof tho...in one of the first trailers ( with the backflipping yuna ) theres a shot in a white/bluish pillar place and an enemy comes down and the camera moves down n gives rikku a panty shot. -_- and its not a thong. her bum is covered by a normal bikini bottom. ( YAY!!! O_O; *relief* )

but nessa...hmmmm...that thongstring-tie in front idea is very nifty...*goes to try it out* only problem might be having them twist n whatnot once theyre tied. stuped stringy ribbon blah stuff.

heki!!!! look for those cards. but dont rush. lots of time ^_^ LOTS. ehehe ^^;;

Collie
01-25-2003, 01:35 AM
My mistake, you have to Copy and Paste. =P
~*~Collie~*~

Silly_Kitsune
01-25-2003, 10:09 AM
I have a picture of Rikku bending over, and its very clear she isn't wearing a thong ^^; also, you can see her back very clearly. I can't find the URL where I got it from, so if anyone wants to see it email me at Kitsune732@hotmail.com and I'll email it to you ^^

Oh, and is the trim on Rikku's bikini orange or yellow?!? It looks different in every picture, so I'm all confused @_@

Yuna-X2
01-25-2003, 12:27 PM
*looks at the Paine picture*

Woah. Good luck to whoever's trying that!

Limeyaku
01-25-2003, 02:54 PM
kitsune-chan, go to http://www.geocities.com/limeyaku/rikkux2.html ( copy n paste )

i put together all the choices. LOL

Collie
01-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Yuna-X2: When you break it down it isn't that hard looking anymore. ^^; (I sound nerdy but oh well)

Limeyaku:Ohhhh-k. I went to your site hoping there'd somehow be more pics of her other variations. ;;; I guess that'd help for people doing Default. ^^
~*~Collie~*~

Limeyaku
01-25-2003, 04:53 PM
nah. im too lazy to put together a site of all her variations. =P all of them are posted in here at one point or another anyways. ^^ if it's like FFT, there'll be near 30 of them though. -_- OH WELL! ^_^ no more no-costume-idea problems for me. LOL!

but at the official site, collie, you can see pictures of most of her variations, including the official gambler one. hmmm...btw, do you have pics of your default outfit? ^_^ id really like to see! ^0^

keep in touch when youre working on the other variations, ne? i think i may need some help. LOL!! and goodluck to you and to all us other wannabe-overachievers. ^^;;

Silly_Kitsune
01-25-2003, 06:54 PM
Thanks Limeyaku ^^ I can't believe I never noticed the gradient in her headband! Argh!! And I made her headband already...-_- oh well, i guess. Too late now. I need to finish everything by February...and I still need boots. Argh!!! lol...thanks again ^^

Collie
01-25-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Limeyaku
nah. im too lazy to put together a site of all her variations. =P all of them are posted in here at one point or another anyways. ^^ if it's like FFT, there'll be near 30 of them though. -_- OH WELL! ^_^ no more no-costume-idea problems for me. LOL!

but at the official site, collie, you can see pictures of most of her variations, including the official gambler one. hmmm...btw, do you have pics of your default outfit? ^_^ id really like to see! ^0^

keep in touch when youre working on the other variations, ne? i think i may need some help. LOL!! and goodluck to you and to all us other wannabe-overachievers. ^^;;

No pics yet. ::kicks self:: It's not good enough to put up anyways IMO if I EVER get the darn link cable from comp to the digi-cam. ^^; I'll wear it to Anime Oasis so I'll have to nab a few pics from someone if they put some on a site. ;---;
And YES! Good luck to everyone. (BTW, Limeyaku I was looking at your skirt and it looks really neat! ((The way you did the X's)) Heh!)
~*~Collie~*~

Yuna
01-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Hey Rikku X-2 cosplayers! Hi, yeah. When you look at the CG of Rikku on the airship, look closely at her "thong". You can see from that that it isn't really a thong, it's just the string that makes an "X" on her skirt.

Here, see the attached image~

Ina
01-25-2003, 10:35 PM
HAH! i knew it, i just wasn't really sure since everyone else said it was a thong...... @_@

Yuna
01-25-2003, 10:41 PM
it's sort of hard to catch, considering the "thong" part apears thicker, but in the CG modle and Nomura's art, it looks the same, the "thong" part and the X on the skirt.

Limeyaku
01-25-2003, 10:53 PM
kitsune-chan, soak the bottom half of the headband in bleach. ^_^ it might fade it out but dont do it unless you have enough material to make another one, just in case all doesnt go well. ^^;

o shush up, collie. ur outfits prolly awesome ^_^ i still wanna see. ^0^

thanks for the compliment on my skirt, btw ^^ the x's arent attached to the 'thong strings' like nessa suggested they might be but i DO like that idea so i might make them like that very soon. ^-^

right now, all i did was punch eyeholes in ( they got sorta bent though ^^;; ehehe... ) and painted yellow string and threaded it through. LOL!!! yes, yellow string. that's my ghetto test-trial version though. i might actually remake the entire thing ( except the sleeves cuz i lurv them XD ) and sell the prototype stuff on ebay or something. =\ that is if anyone would want it. LOL!!!

not trying to start a fight or anything, but i dunt think the string is attached to what ties in front. =\ basically because in a lot of pictures ( especially battles ) the bathingsuit bottom strings are orange ( or an off yellow/golden colour, you choose ^^; ) and the front ties are ALWAYS yellow. yellow yellow, like her bikini top.

edit:::::

IM STUPID!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAH! *crazy insane laugh* im colourblind too! the X's in front ARE ORANGE! *shocked outta my socks*

http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media12/ffx2-art-rikku.jpg <-- but a VERY different orange than the bikini strings.

http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media17/ffx2render3.jpg <-- obviously, square can't choose thiei colours.

http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media21/Rikku%20CG%20Model.jpg <-- okiedoke. nessa, im starting to agree with you more. LOL!!!! i HATE square's inconsistencies!!!!!!! LOL!!!

NESSA! *tackle hugs* THANK YOU so much for pointing that out. ^___^ I really don't think i would've noticed that they're PROBABLY attached and i definately wouldntve noticed they ARE orange. YOU FIXED MY COLOURBLINDESS THAT I DIDNT KNOW I HAD! Yaaaaaaayyy. That helps make my costume just that much more accurate.

then again, with all the inconsistencies, 'accuracy' of this costume is gonna be in the eye of the beholder. YAY! more room for artistic preference! ^_^;;

http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media16/ffx246.jpg <-- .... -_- the top doesnt tie up in the back?? HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET ON THEN!?!?!? The black straps look like LEATHER and as far as i know, thick leather straps would look somewhat strange tied up as a halter.

*SIGHSIGH* must alter that now. might as well remake the whole thing, like i sort of planned to. LOL

thanks again nessa. ^____^

Yuna-X2
01-25-2003, 11:28 PM
My guess for the top tying up in the back is that it is tucked under the red thing *gets out the big technical word dictionary on that one :P*

RealizeDOP
01-25-2003, 11:29 PM
http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media16/ffx246.jpg <-- .... -_- the top doesnt tie up in the back?? HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET ON THEN!?!?!? The black straps look like LEATHER and as far as i know, thick leather straps would look somewhat strange tied up as a halter.

*SIGHSIGH* must alter that now. might as well remake the whole thing, like i sort of planned to. LOL

thanks again nessa. ^____^ [/B]

I bet you it's cause it's supposed to be swinsuit fabric like lycra and we all know how much lycra stretches no matter how tight you stitch it....tha'ts probably how it doens't tie. ^^ Good luck~ when are you planning on wearing yours? I missed it

Yuna
01-26-2003, 12:37 AM
haha, you're more than welcome Limeyaku, happy I cold help you out ^__^

Limeyaku
01-26-2003, 12:41 AM
i suppose, but even lycra bikini tops have buckles or something on the straps for the backs like that. not just straight across. O_o wierd. but they're just characters and can do/look however they want. -_-

besides, where would the fun be if there were no tricky/challenging parts to cosplay? ^^

i'll be wearing it to Anime North btw. ^^

Schu
01-26-2003, 11:23 AM
One idea for the straps on Rikku's "halter top" is you could make two leather straps that come up to about your shoulders, then put a piece of stretchy comfy black lyrcra or something in between, so it's comfy on your neck, and the leather straps will lie flat.

Limeyaku: would you mind if I was to post a link to your images you've found? I'm trying to put all the links I find together on my site, if for nothing more than my convenience... thanks, I'll keep checking this thread or pm me if you like. goodluck with your costume :)

Limeyaku
01-26-2003, 01:59 PM
SURE! I think it makes cosplay /that/ much easier for us Rikku's if there's a nice collaboration of links. ^___^ go for it!

BUT!!!! be sure to send me the link too! ^0^

Carmila
01-26-2003, 09:00 PM
Wow! This has helped me out so much! Katchoo and I are going to do a Yuna/Rikku thing, and I am not sure how I want to do Rikku. But then again, we are not doing it till Otakon, so I have some time! I am not starting with the actual construction till May so.

All I have to say it THANK YOU!!

Xx Lulu xX
01-27-2003, 09:47 PM
Ok ok, haha Im psyched about doing this, hopefully everythign will go ok with my costume, its a little toooooo late for me on the "is it really a thong" question, ahaha I already made it today ^^ x.o quite tight lol

Schu
01-28-2003, 02:27 PM
www.lemoncandy.com ... I got the pictures I have up so far... and I'm going to start posting links later tonight... I'm a lazy bum, so it's very messy and simple, but oh well, it works... feel free to link to my pictures... (*huggles server*)... yare yare.

Limeyaku
01-28-2003, 02:48 PM
LOL! nice pic collection! Looks like my HD! XD you've got a few images twice though, ne? ^^;
hmm...apparently someone I talk to on MSN found Rikku's popstar mode. We're desperately searching for it and I'll post it here ASAP if i can find it. O_O *searches more*

*joins Schu on mission to create large and detailed ffx-2 pic page*

Silly_Kitsune
01-28-2003, 06:47 PM
FINALLY, after searching forever, I found a good picture of Rikku's earrings. The pictures also shows a lot of detail on her top, and stuff. If anyone else has been boggling their mind over Rikku's earrings, go here: http://nighami.net/rikku/rikku37.jpg

Limeyaku
01-28-2003, 10:09 PM
yup. theyre basically the same feathers as those that were in her braids in FFX. ^_^ i luv'em. so cute. *0*

anyone found the popstar pic yet? =\

( KITSUNE!!! are you gonna cosplay Naria-san!? ^0^ jw cuz of the avvie ^^;)

Silly_Kitsune
01-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Yes I am!! lol at Otakon....but I am not doing their movie or TV series outfits, I found a really obsure (but neat!) design of these weird outfits, I think maybe it was their first design for the movie but I'm not sure. I'm looking for an Eriya (if anyones interested PM me lol) but ANYWAY...BACK TO RIKKU!!!

Schu
01-28-2003, 10:41 PM
yeah... the first time I tossed them all into frontpage, some didn't show, so I put the ones I thought weren't in there... and however odd it was, some came out twice, I tried to catch them all, but oh well. *grin* Yeah, I'm all up on popstar gear. *searches for pictures*

I'm too lazy right now to sort them out into links and by character. If only my house had the t3 connection I'm on right now ;_; oh well...

zyanthia
01-29-2003, 02:26 AM
About the bikini top, doesn't it tie in the front? It could be like a front clasp bra of sorts how you put it on, then just do up the laces... At least that's what it looks like to me ^__^

Limeyaku
01-29-2003, 02:33 AM
yeah. the two breast pieces are seperate in the middle and the orange tie is double threaded through each of the pieces to hold it together. ( up through the bottom two from the bottom, criss cross down through the top holes ) it hangs loosely before it ties in a bow though, which really defies the laws of gravity quite well. =\ LOL!

marsie
01-29-2003, 10:05 AM
Rikku the Gambler....back and front...not mine...just captured and edited in PSP for all the loverly cosplayers!

Rikku Gambler Front (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=20884&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500)

Rikku Gambler Back (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=20885&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500)

jade_dragon
01-30-2003, 01:07 AM
http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/7/big/30.jpg

gunner riku

Collie
01-30-2003, 01:45 PM
Bleh, might as well make this simpler.

http://www.ffx2.com/

Just go there and you'll see ALL the new stuff! ^^ I check that site at least 4 times a day.
<----Loser who has nothing else to do....
It also has the trailer there. @@; It's so weird.
~*~Collie~*~

Silly_Kitsune
01-30-2003, 03:04 PM
Wwoooooww!!! Singer/Dancer/Popstar whatever Yuna looks so pretty!!!! Great link Collie ^^

Limeyaku
01-30-2003, 03:32 PM
wee! .-. so many new rikku stuffs. *celebrates*

PretearWink
01-30-2003, 03:35 PM
Singer Yuna is SO beautiful!!! I want to see singer Rikku sooo much!! Great link!

Carmila
01-30-2003, 04:14 PM
The scary thing with Singer Yuna is my friend already has that shirt.....

Yuna-X2
01-30-2003, 04:40 PM
Well someone's going to be one lucky cosplayer then! lol

Limeyaku
01-30-2003, 05:37 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *__________*

cant wait to get started! *spazzes uncontrollably*

plz dunt steal. ^-^ ( with the exception of schu who can use ALL my pics/screenshots/w/e for her extremely helpful gallery XD )

http://www.cosplaylab.com/pics/13732.jpg KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Collie
01-30-2003, 05:38 PM
I have a feeling there won't be a singer Rikku. It's probably just my imagination but I THINK that maybe Yuna is the only one who'll sing as Popstar.... but they might also have the funny dancer thing for battle? Or maybe all. I dunno. I'm just writing out what I think COULD happen. ^^; Is anyone else planning on importing a copy when it comes out to see what it's like?

Edit: Oh wait....that's popstar Rikku?? Weee! Forget all what I said above then. ^^;;
~*~Collie~*~

Limeyaku
01-30-2003, 06:05 PM
you can't import. =\ well you CAN but you can only look at the case till it comes out here in NA. like DVD players, the region coding is different and imported games won't play unless you have the Japanese driver installed ( which is probably pricey. O_o )

if im wrong, then yes. i probably will. LOL

btw, yeah, i think its safe to say that that's popstar rikku. ^_^ she's got the same black laces ( but around her legs instead of yunas arms ) and all that frill. XD wee!

Collie
01-30-2003, 06:09 PM
(I have a modded one. ^^) I speak no more for I don't know...um, if it's even ok to speak of it? ::Can't remember:: Bleh but anyways.. a little pricey.

I'll post when I stumble across something of Rikku. ^^;

Edit:I want to see Paine's Popstar one now...... ^^; (Thanks Limeyaku for the pics and such also!) It makes me want the game more and more.....
~*~Collie~*~

Carmila
01-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Ok, if that is Popstar Rikku with the same shirt as Popstar Yuna, then I am so ganking my friends shirt to use!

Yuna-X2
01-30-2003, 11:04 PM
I'd definatly say everyone gets popstar, and that is Rikku's popstar costume. In the video, you get about.05 of a second zoomout of Yuna on a stage, and there are 2 backup singers, Rikku and Paine probably.

Limeyaku
01-30-2003, 11:07 PM
actually, i looked at that...they're just two bodyguard men or something...LOL

Yuna
01-30-2003, 11:15 PM
Yuna's pimping it... mau.

Sana-chan
01-30-2003, 11:28 PM
lol they look like backup dancers.

Limeyaku
02-02-2003, 06:41 PM
http://ffx2online.gamemp3.net/RikkuGambler.htm

woohoo. ultra-cute!!!!!!!! XD WEEEEE! .-.

Silly_Kitsune
02-02-2003, 07:13 PM
AHHHHH I JUST REALIZED HOW OFF MY GAMBLER RIKKU COSTUME IS *dies* Oh well...maybe people won't notice? I'm beyond fixing it now....x_x

Sana-chan
02-03-2003, 08:46 AM
I loooooooove Rikku's gambler outfit. It's so cute. Right now I'm trying to get better pics of gunner Rikku. She kinda has the whole half skirt thingy that Yuna and Jecht do.

Something Lulu
02-04-2003, 06:59 PM
Mwahahaha popstar Rikku XD

Troppy
02-04-2003, 07:47 PM
ungh, I really wish people would stop comparing Christina Aguilera to Rikku... *sigh* The character designs for X-2 had to have been out FAAAAR before Aguilera's comeback into the music spotlight... RIKKU. WAS. FIRST.

Something Lulu
02-04-2003, 08:39 PM
Okay, she was first, but you can't deny that there are similarities in the way they look. I just think it's funny. Besides, Rikku's style is way cuter. ^_^

Sana-chan
02-04-2003, 09:47 PM
They even said in a magazine that the two looked similar lol. I think it's funny, and like Alexis said, Rikku's still way cuter XD.

PretearWink
02-05-2003, 06:12 AM
*is furiously working on Gambler Rikku* I wish there were better shots of her back ;.; Has anyone noticed that the top parts that come over her shoulders just sort of...disapear... and then it looks like the whole top is connected by a band straight across her back? O.O Or have I just lost it? ^^;

Daitenshi
02-05-2003, 03:47 PM
Myabe I'm alone on this..... but I'm waiting for the game to come out before I spend all that time and money on any of her costumes ^^

Limeyaku
02-05-2003, 05:14 PM
i think you might be. LOL

personally i think there's WAY more than enough reference to make her default outfit. You're not going to get much more than what we've seen already.

Same goes for gambler, i highly doubt they'll release official pictures of her back -_-;; and all that's seen of it is her transformation and whatever she does in battle, which has been shown already too.

as of now theres not too much to go by for popstar, but it looks relatively simple anyways.

the only one im worried about to start now is gunner since there hasnt been that many clear shots of it.

i think most people are doing it NOW because they can. ^_^ same for me. and im a rikku addict, of course. and also, by the time next december rolls around she'll have been sickeningly overdone. ~_~

PretearWink
02-05-2003, 07:27 PM
*nodnod* I'm making my costumes for FFX-2 now because I don't want to be lost in the crowd of 'Oh...ANOTHER Gambler Rikku... what was that, the fifth?" At least not yet ^_^;

Xx Lulu xX
02-05-2003, 07:29 PM
Yes, i'm with you Pretear......i wanna have some of the glory for myself now...so i dont seem so...>"trendy"<

SuthrnBelleChan
02-05-2003, 09:12 PM
If you download hte movie with yuna singing you'll see back of costumes. dunno about gamler, but you can see ^_^ there's also another costume of Rikku that's a yellow top with a purple tie

Limeyaku
02-05-2003, 10:02 PM
actually, i think its a purple halter and a yellow ( white frilled ) vest. ^_^ she wears the purple halter with gunner too.

i THINK thats what it is anyways...s'waht it looks like to me. ^-^

Yuna-X2
02-05-2003, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I think it's purple with a orange one of those blue leg things Yuna has.

PretearWink
02-07-2003, 03:20 AM
I think that's popstar Rikku because of the spray of confetti at the end of thr transformation, it just makes sense with the feathers for white mage and fire for black mage, etc. At least to me :p I think it's a two-toned high-necked, no sleeved shirt that is dual colored orange and purple with the frills seperating the colors. I never thought of it maybe being a tie or something before O.O Squaresoft needs to get its butt moving when it comes to getting us cosplayers official artworks :angel:

SuthrnBelleChan
02-07-2003, 07:19 AM
The one with the leg thing is GUnner Rikku. I'm tlaking about the outfit with a Yellow crop top, a purple tie and a purple skirt. Pretear, it only looks like a tie to me i guess o_O lol watch the video though, it really seems like it. And YES Squaresoft needs ot get a move on! I gotta work on my routine for Popstar Yuna!! :P I can't put together my performance until i see everything -.-

BTW, i'm comissioning a Rikku, and I need someone to explain real quick... How do you put on gromets? gromets are like the silver rings that are on holes on like corsets and stuff. I was just wondering ^_^

lialia
02-07-2003, 03:31 PM
heres an ok piccie of gunner rikku

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=21789&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

looke like she has the same halfskirt as yuna but in her "colors"

Carmila
02-07-2003, 04:22 PM
I have a feeling that we are never going to have to worry about "oh another such and such Rikku" because there are so many incarnations of the character in FFX-2. Not like the gillion Yuna's that have been spotted over the last year or so at cons everywhere. I guess when you've seen one, you've seen them all!

Kas
02-08-2003, 12:51 AM
Hi.. I got suckered in to do Rikku too.. So far my costume is complete. however.. I'm having trouble with the boots..

Any recommendations?

Daitenshi
02-08-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by PretearWink
*nodnod* I'm making my costumes for FFX-2 now because I don't want to be lost in the crowd of 'Oh...ANOTHER Gambler Rikku... what was that, the fifth?" At least not yet ^_^;

The trick is to make yours good. That way instead of "Oh.. another ghetto crappy Gambler Rikku." people will say "Wow! Nice Gamber Rikku." ^_^

There are plenty of pics out so far, but I like playing the game and seeing the costume from every angle, watching how the character moves in it, etc.

Limeyaku
02-17-2003, 05:08 PM
reviving the dead rikku thread! ^-^

how many of you's are planning her alternates? ( a lot obviously, i know ^^;; )

warrior?? gambler?? popstar?? dark mage??

anyone know how to make the hat? O_o or how to piece together a good bodysuit for the warrior? halp. o_o

SuthrnBelleChan
02-17-2003, 05:59 PM
I wanna do the Dark Mage rikku outfit. I'm really liking it

Limeyaku
02-17-2003, 06:03 PM
hrm...SuthrnBelle...do you have AIM or MSN? ^-^ I'd really like to talk to you more about Rikku cosplay n stuffs! ^0^

I think a lot of people are gonna be trying big pimpin' rikku...^^ she's just so darn cute...hard to resist. o_o

SuthrnBelleChan
02-17-2003, 06:17 PM
I have aim. It's TheElfAlatariel

Collie
02-17-2003, 10:29 PM
Since I have default done, I'm making her other forms. I'm liking the way gunner looks. I have a great way of coloring fabric now without using dyes.....

But yes. I plan on all of them I've seen so far except warrior. I'm hesitant on it currently.
~*~Collie~*~

PretearWink
02-17-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm planning Gambler and Black mage so far myself...maybe gunner. I love that style^_^

Collie
02-17-2003, 11:10 PM
I'm planning Gambler and Black mage so far myself...maybe gunner. I love that style^_^

Square gave them all such wonderful styles! What cons do you attend BTW?
~*~Collie~*~

PretearWink
02-19-2003, 12:43 AM
Lessee....I plan on going to:

Megacon
Jacon
Metrocon
Fitcon
AFO4
AWA9
AX in Cali

Off the top of my head^_^

I should have Gambler done by Jacon^_^ Black mage and gunner may take a little while longer becasue I have so many other costumes I want to do^_^

SuthrnBelleChan
02-19-2003, 08:00 AM
Elle, i'm definately gonna need your help with teh arm things for dark mage, they're akward

PretearWink
02-19-2003, 10:17 AM
I see what you mean @.@ I'm waiting for better pictures, because those things are gonna be a TON of creative construction. @.@

I'll be happy to help, though^_^ C'mon Square! Get out those officialy spreads already!

Limeyaku
02-19-2003, 11:46 AM
dunnno if this makes any sense but from what i saw ( and started planning ahahaha ^^;;; ) i was thinking red sleeves, with a painted/desinged leather cutout folded overtop and connected at the pointies...leather looks nice painted ( with model paint ) and holds shape pretty well. ^-^

does that make sense? O_o i'm not looking at a pic right now so sorry if the sleeves /aren't/ red or whatever. ^^;;

PretearWink
02-19-2003, 02:12 PM
That makes sense, but I'm afriad to start without better pics. But wow, I bet your sleeves are gonna look awesome! :angel:

Limeyaku
02-19-2003, 02:44 PM
i hope so. *_* im excited to paint gold detail on the black leather. XD i'm not starting yet either...just trying to get as much planning done as i can so i can start as soon as better pics are out. hopefully square will update soon...they usually do though, around the 20th of each month so sometime this week hopefully! :D

SuthrnBelleChan
02-19-2003, 10:33 PM
Elle and Lime i understnad both of you ^_^ but alas I too am gonna wait for more pics, cuz we dunno what it looks like in the back. ANd remember(i dunno who this was sorry ^_^) but someone cosplayed Yuna when the only pic out was of her back so the eprson didn't know there was a symbol on the front. I'm not insulting that person, i'm just saying that I say how Square did soemthing like that with pics so i'm waiting for more ^_^

Collie
02-19-2003, 10:52 PM
7.7; I didn't wait for a backshot of my Rikku X-2 costume before I made it. The only problem with my costumes was the fact that I had no shoelaces in my boots. ^^;; But now I do. Sometimes it's fun to just make it with one screen and rely on your own intuition. I did it, and it was fun correcting my mistake. ::shrugs:: But then again I am able to spend a little cash, here and there on cloth.
~*~Collie~*~

Limeyaku
02-19-2003, 11:02 PM
i guess it also depends on controlling your own motivation and excitement to cosplay that particular character in that particular outfit, you know? ^_^

personally, i don't think the back of the costume will end up having a big smiley face or anything LOL!!!! it's relatively the same as Paine's with a buncha colour differences, and from the trailer, Paine's was plain on the back. I mean...how much COULD there be anyways?

and not many people take pictures of the backs of your costume.

then again, it's all personal preference. ^-^ I'm going to get stuff for my sleeves and that...macaroni skirt thing ( i dont know WHY i call it that @_@ ), like collie said, it's not hard to alter minor things later on.

meh! *shrugs* ^_^

i just hope they get the official pic up this week...err...correction...i hope they get a LOT of official pics up this week. ^___^ lots of rikku! ^0^

Collie
02-20-2003, 12:05 AM
Yea. ::does a little cheer:: The game comes out in less than a month too....I'd think they'd have MOST of the pics out already. ^^; Oh well, lol. Hopefully THIS week!
~*~Collie~*~

Limeyaku
02-20-2003, 05:16 PM
*dances a bit*

i put up a pic of my x2 rikku costume so far. last preview pic till the convention...this one wont be up long either. just wanna see what some people think. @_@

^^

SuthrnBelleChan
02-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Yeah see, i am tight on my cosplay budget. I dun have much room for mistakes >.< eep. But I do wanna start on Darkmage rikku. I'm curious of how to do the tights.

Limeyaku
02-20-2003, 05:26 PM
i was thinking bout the tights myself....2 seconds ago when i was looking at the picture. ^^;; what i'm planning on doing is just making tubes ( SMAAAAALLL ones so they stay up good XD ) with pink and green stretchy fabric. i'll probably end up putting elastic throught the top just for extra hold-up safety ^^

i dunt think it should be too hard...im more worried about finding stretchy material in those colours...for a good price. x_x

SuthrnBelleChan
02-20-2003, 05:27 PM
I'm thinking get some knee high stockings since they'll already be made for that, and sew the fabric over them, but i do like your idea better. Maybe she'll have some cool shoes to cover the bottom good ^_^

Limeyaku
02-21-2003, 03:25 PM
weeee!

thanks to the new update *FINALLY* we have plenty new reference pics. CELEBRATE! *popstar confetti*

copy n paste ^^; oooor just go to www.ffx2.com

black mage rikku

http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/8/big/35.jpg
http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/8/big/43.jpg <-- I LOVE HER WAND! *______*
http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/8/big/44.jpg

white mage rikku ( VERY tiny X_X )

http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/8/big/59.jpg and...what yuna could that be? theif maybe?? *-*

Collie
02-21-2003, 03:32 PM
You beat me to it!!! lol I was just about to post those pics. Oh well. Her Black Mage outfit rocks!
~*~Collie~*~

Limeyaku
02-21-2003, 03:44 PM
XD for sure!! it's so...colourful!! i think i shall buy some stuff for it tonite. and for Baralai... *_____* hopefully my friend will agree to it. he looks so much like him! XD

Troppy
02-21-2003, 05:00 PM
Black Mage Rikku is, up to this point, my favorite BY FAR. It's soooo...out of character...yet so colorful and pretty! It's Black Mage but rainbow-y. Go figure...

that tiny white mage Rikku and that tiny possible-thief Yuna...must...seeee...*squints at them*

And a Baralai cosplayer?? *swoon* Limeyaku, my envy for you grows a bit more each day...

Limeyaku
02-21-2003, 05:18 PM
XD Troppy go see my Gallery/Art LOLOLOL!!! I'll make something better when I take pictures of my Rikku outfit, worthy of being next to your Yuna. =P

kekekeke i dunno if he'll be Baralai yet...hopefully tho!! *-* He looks so much like him! Especially if he sprays his hair white! ^0^ I already have most of the material...ALL of the material! XD YAY for free costumes. but meh...if not...*sigh* I'll just HAVE to make it for myself. LOL!!

Troppy
02-21-2003, 05:22 PM
ohmigodohmigodohmigod...

that is the most adorable thing I've ever SEEN, Lime-chan... XDDDDD Whee, kill!!!

What do you mean "worthy?" Your Rikku costume kicks my Yuna's booty!!! :o I wouldn't worry about better CG's; my pics are grainy and bad, I think I'd ruin the artwork... x_x

...and you put Tidus in it, lol. You are my goddess... *writes a livejournal entry all about Limeyaku* *.*

Limeyaku
02-26-2003, 04:07 PM
hrm. O_O

wht rikku do u's suppose this is? doesn't really resemble any of the other charas costumes...

http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/9/big/21.jpg

freaky boot/leg things though. XD yay. fun!

( from the new update at www.ffx2.com )

marsie
02-26-2003, 04:08 PM
I know everyone wants to see a great Rikku cosplay...sorry, this is not me.....but she is one of the best I have seen *_*

Limeyaku
02-26-2003, 04:35 PM
i was wondering if she made that though...i think i saw it on ebay a while before that convention....yeah, she is pretty good but right now i think carolina's is the best, easily ^_^

wtfrikk...rikku has WIERD cowboy pants on in the new trailer. o_o *goes and takes screencaps*

krystal1314
02-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by marsie
I know everyone wants to see a great Rikku cosplay...sorry, this is not me.....but she is one of the best I have seen *_*

I think this Rikku is really good too o_O

Troppy
02-26-2003, 04:44 PM
wow, that second rikku is AMAZING...

and Limeyaku, I think that screenshot may be Samurai Rikku...she's in the same position as Samurai Paine's CG...

Something Lulu
02-26-2003, 04:47 PM
Wow, you guys are good. I saw the pic and was like "Where does she see Rikku?" I noticed she was bent over (after I finally spotted her) but I didn't connect it with Paine's stance. Good call. ^_^

Limeyaku
02-26-2003, 05:19 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=3231&ppuser=3845&thumb=1

gunner rikku and more. ^_^

wow...tht rikku is REALLY good. the scarf couldve used some more dying though...the sleeves are a little baggy and they're supposed to be semi-see through and the pouch laces should be orange too. craps...i think i've been looking at detail TOO much. LOL!!! ^____^ i'm such a perfectionist. XD

Something Lulu
02-26-2003, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the pics! I always have problems watching the videos at ffx2.com for some reason.

SuthrnBelleChan
02-26-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by krystal1314
I think this Rikku is really good too o_O

OMG! FANTASTIC! ::feels inferior:: lol

RealizeDOP
02-26-2003, 07:31 PM
i was wondering if she made that though...i think i saw it on ebay a while before that convention....yeah, she is pretty good but right now i think carolina's is the best, easily ^_^

wtfrikk...rikku has WIERD cowboy pants on in the new trailer. o_o *goes and takes screencaps*

O.O Aww >< Thank you so much! That makes my day *.* Your gonna rock as Rikku, >< You look like her and stuff, *.* BTW, did u still want those Beads? I don't remember if you had ever given me an answer. Just checking! I wish i could find better pics of gunner Rikku ^.^ I want to make more! : )

Daitenshi
02-26-2003, 08:34 PM
I know where that Japanese Rikku got her bikini!!

I saw it in Shibuya 109 (in Tokyo), but I didn't get it because it had orange on the egdes.... and at that time Rikku's pics only showed itas being all yellow.... arrrrr....... *cries* I wish I got it >.<

Limeyaku
02-26-2003, 09:22 PM
i thought her bikini looked a little TOO professional *suspicious stare*

carolina, i'm gonna check out a 'bead store' around here that i never knew about apparently...and it's just ALL beads ( one from australia is $45!! O_o ) but do you think they'll sell out of them where you got them anytime soon? O_o tht might not be too good. LOL and i took lotsa screens of gunner rikku!! ^^ enough to make it from!

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=25100&papass=&sort=1&thecat=998

the blue pant leg scares me...and making all those buttons ( like what held her blue ribbons up ) scares me too. -_- the white trimmed ( ? ) purple underwear, also scares me. LOL i think it's enough to start from anyways...i have a feeling they won't release official CGS of all the outfits anyways...gonna hafta wait for the players guide scans...if they're even in there. X_X

daitenshi.. O_O u lucky butt. u shoulda bought it! LOL! but yeah...it's actually only orange in some pictures, in others, it's yellow...in MOST it's more of a yellow, other than in battle. ^^

HuongStar
i was wondering if she made that though...i think i saw it on ebay a while before that convention... You're talking about Cristi's Rikku? She usually makes all of her costumes. :)

RealizeDOP
O.O don't Cry Jenny! *.* Let's all go back to Japan and get it! hahahaha : )

Aubz~ No, they won't run out here!!! They are 79 cents a pack, each pack has maybe.....15 beads? Yea, they are so cheap so let me know if things don't work out for you at that bead place!

Limeyaku
02-26-2003, 09:24 PM
ah that's cool. ^_^ i dunt know her so i wasn't jumping to conclusions...just said i /think/ ... wow...the one on ebay was nearly EXACTLY the same though. freaky .O_o

oh! oh! i wanna come to japan and get one too!!

actually...they have one almost exactly the same in the store at my mall...but it's too big. T_T

HuongStar
02-26-2003, 10:37 PM
No worries. :) I didn't know if you were talking about the previous Rikku or Cristi's costume.

Carmila
02-26-2003, 11:07 PM
Oh, I so want to see better pics of White Mage and Samurai Rikku! I am getting so excited at all these differnent incarnations! Especially Gunner.

nyamiko_chan
02-27-2003, 02:39 PM
OMG..i can't believe i missed this thread :(

I'm so gonna do Gambler Rikku. I stumbled upon it and i can't get it outta my head. I have the fabric already too! humm..lil' revealing but who cares!!

it just mena sa lil' exercise for me. -_-;;

Does anyone have tips for her Hair and her necklace???

ya...who eles is doing a version of rikku..and what con r u going to?

I'm doing Gambler and going to Anime north.!!!

Limeyaku
02-27-2003, 03:29 PM
OMG!!!! NYAMIKO CHAN! *glomps* YOU'RE GOING TO ANIME NORTH!?!?!? ^0^ ME TOO!!!!!!

I'm doing the default Rikku with SMA's FFX-2 group. ^______^ i might have popstar version for the dance...i STILL can't decide...but i just found a buncha old clothes in the salvation army bag ( tht doesnt count as stealing from the poor does it? ^^;;;;;;; ) tht's PERFECT for gunner rikku! YAAAY! so maybe i might get that done...

pm me so we can talk more!! or even better, come join SMA's messageboard. ^_____^ everyone there is going to AN ! ^^

www.sma.adaelis.com/forum

IM SO EXCITED TO TAKE PICTURES WITH YOU!! ^0^

SuthrnBelleChan
02-27-2003, 05:39 PM
I wish I could meet all of you >.< hehe We should get a pic of every single rikku form X-2 then every yuna, then every paine and all line up beside each other in the same pose. That would rock!

Limeyaku
02-27-2003, 05:47 PM
LOL!!! wow. O_O thtd be...*counts* nearly 50 or so FFX-2 girls LOL insanity!! ^0^ YAAY!

nyamiko_chan
02-27-2003, 05:51 PM
^.^yay!! insanity ish good!!! *i need cookies*

Something Lulu
02-27-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by SuthrnBelleChan
I wish I could meet all of you >.< hehe We should get a pic of every single rikku form X-2 then every yuna, then every paine and all line up beside each other in the same pose. That would rock!

There's gotta be somebody here who could CG all those pics together. ^_^

I just remembered I'm supposed to be making an FFX-2 Rikku wig for Sana-chan's birthday in April. (She already knows so it's not a secret or anything.) Hopefully I'll get some good pics to post here. It's actually pretty funny, since I was originally going to cosplay as Rikku instead of Lulu but I didn't want to have to make or wear that wig. Oh the irony. ^_^

jade_dragon
02-28-2003, 01:02 AM
aha after pausing and playing the new popstar movie the black skirt looks like its pleated

SuthrnBelleChan
02-28-2003, 07:46 AM
that's why i made my skirt pleated. And yeah it would be wonderful to CG all those together. Complete craziness seriously! :)

Daitenshi
03-05-2003, 01:06 AM
Hmmm..... I was wondering if someone could post links to all of Rikku's outfits? I've seen a few here and there, and when I saw the poll I was really hoping for links to the costumes =/ I still haven't sen popstar, white mage, warrior, or gunner ^^;;;
Thanks!!!

Something Lulu
03-05-2003, 01:57 AM
I can help you out with warrior. It's the only one I have saved on my comp of the ones you mentioned. I think White Mage and Popstar were listed somewhere on this thread. I'll skim through and see. (The pic I'm attaching was posted a while back by The Lone Wolf and I happened to save it.)

EDIT:
Gunner Rikku as posted by Limeyaku
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=25100&papass=&sort=1&thecat=3231

Possibly Samurai Rikku (cut and paste)
http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/9/big/21.jpg

I know I asked about popstar Rikku somewhere but I can't seem to find where. Limeyaku has so far been able to find me pics of all the different Rikku's.

Carmila
03-05-2003, 10:47 AM
After lookin at it Lulu, what you have for Samurai seems to be the same as gunner only from the other side. Grr. I just wish that Squaresoft would put out all the pics and just deal with it! I mean the game comes out in a week for goodness sakes!

Troppy
03-05-2003, 02:47 PM
MONSTER TRAINER RIKKU!!!

http://www.ffx2.com/news/images/030503/2.jpg

she's so adorable! She has a MONKEY!!! *____* ...hey, its the first time we've seen all three girls in their single-class outfits that's not in a crazy weird battle screenshot. Joy!

...MONKEY!

Limeyaku
03-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Somethig Lulu, the possible samurai rikku is actually Gunner rikku. ^-^ i didn't notice until later on though. the blue are those wierd...cowboy pants things...SO ugly but im still making it. LOL! actually, i think it's only one leg...*too lazy to go see my screenshots* ^^;;

omg...rikku has a monkey. LOL!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMBO!!!!!! OMG SHE LOOKS SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT! XD

Daitenshi
03-05-2003, 03:33 PM
*_* I love those monster trainer outfits! I can't wait for all of the designs to be released so I can finally pick one to concentrate on ^^;;;;

Then again, one of my friends was able to pre-order the game~ *dances*

krystal1314
03-05-2003, 03:39 PM
WOW! The monster trainer outfits are sooo cool! I think I'm gonna have to make 1 now, lol :thumbsup:

Carmila
03-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Oh my gosh! Monster Trainer Rikku is so adorable! Aw..... Oh, this is so hard! What Rikku to make, what Rikku to make...... Damn Squaresoft!

Yuna-X2
03-05-2003, 06:06 PM
:O:O I love Monster Trainer Rikku! That is the first Rikku costume I have seen that I want to make over the Yuna ones, so thats cool.

Something Lulu
03-05-2003, 06:41 PM
That monkey is so odd looking...@_@ I do like the Monster Trainer outfits tho, they actually look functional. The seem like they have a lot of padding, which would be necessary for dealing with animals.

Sana-chan
03-05-2003, 07:05 PM
mwahhaha Rikku has a monkey!!

man monster trainer outfits rule! they look very spira-ish if that made any sense lol.

RealizeDOP
03-05-2003, 09:40 PM
The Monkey frikin rules O.O He is SO ROCKING! *.* He even sports the Rikku bandana looking thing hahaha...well...kind of...but you guys know what I mean?

Limeyaku
03-05-2003, 09:47 PM
LOL! yeah i noticed that too...then i was thinking...wait...maybe its what holds his hairpieces together.

i like his hair. ^_^ HEHEHAHAH

SuthrnBelleChan
03-05-2003, 10:38 PM
MONKEY!!! YAY! I'm gonna cosplay that and have a big stuffed moneky to carry around hehe

Ryukku
03-06-2003, 08:13 AM
I've drawn a conclution of rikkus popstar mode outfit. I draw this because I needed to get a whole costume view of rikkus popstar outfit clearly.. So I think I can share it with all of you rikku fans too. Specially who that is going to make Rikku Popstar Mode ^^

http://nighami.net/rikku/rikku_popstar.bmp

All of the details isn't drawn on yet, before I am 100% sure ^^

OBS!! I am really bad drawing in paint, so yeah yeah..

Ina
03-06-2003, 06:36 PM
LOL, love the drawing anna XD

i swear, i'm going to get a BIG stuffed monkey and make it cosplay as rikku's monkey XD

HuongStar
03-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Nya....if anyone needs ideas one how to make default Rikku's boots, here is a reference pic (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=26659&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500). I know the heel isn't accurate but they look really nice.

Those monster trainer outfits are really cute! I can't wait to see all cosplayers who make those versions. ^_^

RealizeDOP
03-06-2003, 09:38 PM
Cool boots~ Speaking of which, I also posted up a picture of my boots to help people. I've had a couple people ask me about em, so hopefully the picture and the explanation helps! : ) Bye Now! : )
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=26739&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

Maryssa
03-06-2003, 10:33 PM
i think carolina's are *the* most accurate thus far!

SuthrnBelleChan
03-07-2003, 07:49 AM
Carolina, how did you accomplish those?? I love em!

Also does anyone know a good place to find little skinny belts. I have one that goes to a skirt so i can't use it, i need them for rikku's top.

Ryukku
03-07-2003, 09:32 AM
skinny belts.. hm.. i am currently making x-2 rikku, but after that i am going to begin with FFX rikku. and i planned to use vinly to make the side stuff of rikkus top/shirt (if it was what you meant) ^^;;

and the metal stuff, too with vinyl. i have made rikkus goggles with vinly (+ the metal alook stuff too at the end) go and check it out if it looks okay with vinyl. it is really useful and great ^^

nyamiko_chan
03-07-2003, 03:07 PM
has anyone seen these new piccy's..i haven't been on awile...and it's the 7th too..so their new.

pop star yuna (good pic) and a whole puncha new ones for ya!!

http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/10/big/16.jpg
the new girl..yuna look alike

poppy yuna
http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/10/big/16.jpg

awesome Paine!!
http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/10/big/48.jpg

kewlies..yuna has a pet ^.^
http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/10/big/51.jpg

Rikku has a munki on her head..no i SWEAR!
http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/10/big/52.jpg

and more here :::
http://www.ffx2.com/gallery10.php

enjoy!! oh ya..that new girl looks like Yuna and there's a new guy that looks like Tidus...gawd..help us all!!! @_@ ish confused!!

http://www.ffx2.com/news/images/030703/1.jpg

nyamiko_chan
03-07-2003, 03:13 PM
*looks back on posts* so i was late again

Monster trainers humm..kewlies

*needs to keep updated*

some one HIT me....*falls over*

PretearWink
03-07-2003, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know anything abuot this new dude that looks like Tidus? I'm gonna go crazy if I don't find out his name^__^

Limeyaku
03-07-2003, 03:19 PM
OMG WINK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOUR AVATAR! FRIKKN CUTE! ^0^ *is actually NOT jealous cuz <-- still likes tidus more ^_^ *

PretearWink
03-07-2003, 03:23 PM
Thank you! I spent like 30 minutes on it...I'm so sad^_^; At least now have a reason to go back and remake my Lenne costume all perfect....aka whoever this hotty is^_^

krystal1314
03-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Yea... who *is* that guy who looks like Tidus?!?! LOL! He's gorgeous!!
The pic looks like Yuna & Tidus before they got shot by those troopers!!

Troppy
03-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Maybe the plot has something to do with like...alternate worlds, kinda like Spira vs. Tidus' summoned Zanarkand; It wouldn't surprise me at all if new Tidus guy/Lenne are actually parallels of Tidus and Yuna from some alternate world/dimension that gets entangled with Spira's existance.

Yeah...that's right...*walks away confused*

Ryukku
03-07-2003, 06:15 PM
lol! yeah, there must be some really really MYSTERIOUS squaresoft is up to this time *confusing, confusing* | *_*;;

but there is a scene where you can see that NEW tidus look alike and yuna too *___* *falling to the ground*

and yeah afterall, tidus is MUCH MUCH hotter than the new guy.
hm.. *feeling proud* afterall squaresoft wasn't so good this time, thought that everyone would FELL for that new guy ^,^'

Ina
03-07-2003, 06:28 PM
i think that's really tidus, i mean, this is TWO years after ffx, his 19 by now, and he does look older (gawd his HOT) anyways, and since yuna has to be under different indenties since she's famous now, could REN = Yuna ???? right?! O_O that's mah theory ^^;;;

or, that tidus look alike lost his memory or something and thinks his tidus or something ?_?

er yeah ^^;;;

Yuna
03-08-2003, 06:24 AM
One problem there Ina [spoiler]

Tidus didn't exist. He was a dream; he wasn't real. He's no longer on Spira, so that can't be him.

Maryssa
03-08-2003, 04:08 PM
Hrm... honestly... i think the monster trainer outfits look kinda like big potato sacks =/

Reiko
03-08-2003, 11:47 PM
okay can anyone help me find a BLue mage pic of Rikku or a Dark Knight?

Ryukku
03-09-2003, 07:28 AM
Um.. i don't think that there is any pictures of rikku in blue mage or dark knight yet ^^;;;

BabiiYunie
03-09-2003, 09:16 AM
Actually, In FFX: ANOTHER STORY Rikku brings a memory sphere to Yuna with tidus voice apparantly he's being held as a prisoner, The point of FFX-2 I think, is actually to find him ^_^
Originally posted by Yuna

Tidus didn't exist. He was a dream; he wasn't real. He's no longer on Spira, so that can't be him.

Ryukku
03-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I agree with BabiiYunie, the sphere did show Tidus, that he was kept by some evil people. and acctully for they who didn't know: one of the goals in FFX-2 is to find tidus, since yuna saw him in the sphere

[and afterall, THANKS BABIIYUNIE!! for the avatar, it is SUPER!!^O^ love it so much ^^]

Chibi-Shinu
03-09-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm new to cosplaying angd making the outfits and such, but I really want to makea Rikku X-2 costume. I've decided to go with the main outfit that's been released in magazines and has the most pictures online, but I'm not sure just the amount of material required to make it. x.x With the headband, bikini top, sleeves, and skirt-thong (I'm not acually going to wear a thong. I hate those. Straps attached to skirt.), I'm really unsure...

BabiiYunie
03-09-2003, 10:44 AM
lol....my mom would seriously kill me if i wore that out in the streets ^_^; its a cool costume though

Ryukku
03-09-2003, 10:53 AM
Uhu.. my partens is now at vacation in China, so they don't know that I am making X-2 Rikkus costume now, and are going to wear that at cosplay north convention this year ^^;;;;
Therefor have I planned to make a other and in same time easier costume ^_^ that are one of Ling Xiaoyus (from Tekken) outfits, maybe the pink dress she's wearing in Tekken 4 ^^

Chibi-Shinu
03-09-2003, 11:19 AM
Maybe as a first outfit I'll make Quistis from FF8....

PretearWink
03-09-2003, 01:44 PM
After my mom saw my Mylene...I thought she'd kill me. Instead she was like: "If you're butt's gonna be hanging out of that thing...at least wear some lipstick." @.@ I think she's happy I'll be wearing MORE clothes as Rikku :p

Troppy
03-09-2003, 02:55 PM

...which is exactly why I STILL, as much as I love the outfits, disapprove of FFX-2. It's the classic sequel; ignoring plotholes, or using drastic, illogical or ridiculous plotlines to get rid of them. FFX wasn't MEANT to have a sequel, and they're doubling back on themselves to bring back Tidus, attract fanboys with skanky outfits, etc...

...and the sad part is, I bet I'll love the game anyway. x_x

Maryssa
03-09-2003, 02:57 PM
I dunno, I still dont think it's a thong. Looking at the angle of the straps from behind, they wouldnt meet in the right place for it to be a thong bathing suit. I sitll think it's a string bikini =p

http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/10/big/28.jpg

I am still *dying* for good shots of her gunner outfit ;_;

Troppy
03-09-2003, 03:00 PM
I agree with Maryssa... they DO make underwear and bikinis with spaghetti straps that AREN'T thongs, you know...

Caryn
03-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Exactly, and there's one part in one of the videos where they do a close-up RIGHT up her skirt o.o;; it's definitely not a thong lol.

Maryssa
03-09-2003, 04:06 PM
*celebrates* someone on this board agreed with me!! *^_^* :cheers: haha j/k sorry =p

Yuna
03-10-2003, 02:48 AM
Beware, this post contains major FFX spoilers.

Originally posted by BabiiYunie
Actually, In FFX: ANOTHER STORY Rikku brings a memory sphere to Yuna with tidus voice apparantly he's being held as a prisoner, The point of FFX-2 I think, is actually to find him ^_^

Um, honestly, that Sphere looks like it came from the time when they were being held in Bevelle after Yuna was arrested for treason. There is absolutly no evidence that it's anywhere but at that scene. He's in water, he's behind bars, and he's explaining why he did what he did. Show me where, on any website, that Tidus is REAL. If that were the case, then you can throw ALL of FFX out the window, which would leave absolutly NO premise for FFX-2. Facts are facts. You can't change them. THat guy is NOT TIDUS. HE'S A WANNA BE. LOOK-A-LIKE. POSER. HE-IS-NOT-TIDUS. To me, he doesn't look like Tidus. Tidus rarely looks incredibly serious, RARELY. it INS'T him, not matter how much you want it it to be, it isn't. If it is, then I think FFX-2 is the worst fucking sequel EVER created. If that was Tidus, I would rip my FFX-2 Yuna costume to shreds because I wouldn't want to be associated with anything so contradictorary and something that took the entire storyline away from its predesessor.

Yuna-X2
03-10-2003, 03:23 AM
Holy... well I think that there is a chance it can be him. If SquareSoft was going for being realistic, then there would be no magic, there would be no beasts attacking, and the Final Fantasy series would suck. But the game is not realistic, and anything can happen. Did you know he was a dream through the whole game? No, it was a plot twist. OBVIOUSLY Square is going to throw us another, and it will obviously involve Tidus. That is one reason people like these games: they are unpredictable. I know that is why I like it. Did you even see the VERY end, after the credits? That little scene with Tidus in the water swimming away can then make anything possible. Where was he? Where was he going? We don't know yet. We won't know until the game comes out. Tidus could have gone to another world. He could have been given some sort of 2nd chance cause he sacrificed himself and the dreaming to save Spira forever. I have actually seen that idea floating around a lot of places.. I forget where... but, whatever... It's not fair to start ripping apart others ideas. You know no more or less than the rest of us, so their idea is just as possible as yours. ANd if it ends up being Tidus, it will be a shame, cause your Yuna X2 costume is good.

Adella
03-10-2003, 03:38 AM
Tidus is about as alive as Aeris is.

Yuna
03-10-2003, 03:46 AM
Spoiler alert!! Read at own risk.

Originally posted by Yuna-X2
Holy... well I think that there is a chance it can be him. If SquareSoft was going for being realistic, then there would be no magic, there would be no beasts attacking, and the Final Fantasy series would suck. But the game is not realistic, and anything can happen. Did you know he was a dream through the whole game? No, it was a plot twist. OBVIOUSLY Square is going to throw us another, and it will obviously involve Tidus. That is one reason people like these games: they are unpredictable. I know that is why I like it. Did you even see the VERY end, after the credits? That little scene with Tidus in the water swimming away can then make anything possible. Where was he? Where was he going? We don't know yet. We won't know until the game comes out. Tidus could have gone to another world. He could have been given some sort of 2nd chance cause he sacrificed himself and the dreaming to save Spira forever. I have actually seen that idea floating around a lot of places.. I forget where... but, whatever... It's not fair to start ripping apart others ideas. You know no more or less than the rest of us, so their idea is just as possible as yours. ANd if it ends up being Tidus, it will be a shame, cause your Yuna X2 costume is good.

Okay, first of all, you need to include spoiler tags for when you post things that could potentially spoil anyhting for someone else.

Second off. Tidus was a DREAM OF THE FAYTH. There IS NO MORE FAYTH. If there was still Fayth, Yuna could summon, and entire premis of the ending of FFX would be, again, thrown out the window. IT'S NOT TIDUS. I'm not saying Tidus couldn't come back, no, that's not what I'm saying at all. I love Yuna and Tidus, and I love them even more together, but the fact remains, that THAT GUY WITH REN IS NOT TIDUS. If it was, the game would be shit, and I wouldn't believe it for a second. Yes, FFX is NOT real, but it has a certain reality in the game itself, even though it defies our perception of reality. It would be totally STUPID and ridiculous if Tidus just suddenly appeared again. FFX-2 has to have a plot. Finding a way to bring Tidus back is one of the accpects of the plot. Further, the entire idea that Tidus would come back and NOT feel a dramatic connection to Yuna and not have this drive to find the part of him that Yuna is, and to be with Ren, it fucking ridiculous. That would be the worst defilement of Tidus's character ever. Tidus found Yuna for a reason, they are connected, even in dreams, they are coonnected. To totally dismiss that connection for a stupid Yuna wanna-be pop-star makes sick, and if that's the case, then I want nothing to do with FFX-2, AT ALL.

Yes I saw the end credits, but that can be percieved any number of ways. I percieve that as the closure of the game; Tidus finally being at peace with himself and his father. And YES, FF games are unpredictable, so why the FUCK would they make something as predictable as showing concept art of Tidus so early? Did they have Yunaleska artwork out before the game? NO I have the artbook where all the art prior to FFX's release was recieved from. Don't try me on FFX sweetie, I know what I'm talking about.

Adella
03-10-2003, 03:58 AM
FF10 may not be a real game, but the world the characters live in is a real world for them. Squaresoft creates their worlds to be believable fantasy worlds.

PretearWink
03-12-2003, 12:31 PM
I have to agree that this new Tidus-look-alike is not Tidus. If you take a look at Chappu, took him to a hairdresser, and bought him some decent clothes, he'd be the best Tidus cosplayer out there :p But, that of course is all in speculation, no one knows anything for sure at this point. ^^

As for if Tidus can come back, well, it has been awhile since I played FFX, so my theory might be wrong, but, wasn't one of the reasons he was able to stay with Yuna for that time he was on Spira because he had had contact with Sin? Sin to me seemed a bit like Superman; his powers were kinda made up as they went. Next thing you know Sin will be able to shoot paste out of it's eyes and sinspawn will be robotoic ninja's. :p Sin's 'toxin' was SO vague throughout that whole thing, Square could easily make something up with Tidus and Sin to get him to come back. And even if they don't, I hope he does, Tidus and Yuna belong together ^^

Also, the aeon thing, isn't there a part in one of the trailers where you see Yuna, Rikku, and Paine in front of Bahamut and then Yuna stands in front of them with her hands out and Pain pushes her back? I might be having a fit of glaucoma, but, erm, I thought that's what it was ^^;

No fighting anymore guys, ok? It's just a game after all ^_^ *hugs everyone*

Caryn
03-12-2003, 12:45 PM
Also, the aeon thing, isn't there a part in one of the trailers where you see Yuna, Rikku, and Paine in front of Bahamut and then Yuna stands in front of them with her hands out and Pain pushes her back? I might be having a fit of glaucoma, but, erm, I thought that's what it was ^^;
Yep yep, it's Dark Bahamut. Yuna screams "STOP!" Because if you notice where they are, it's right above the blitzball stadium in Zanarkand. That's also where she gives the performance, and where Yuna and Tidus are when they're running (notice the blitzball flags hanging from the ceiling).

I don't know. Personally I just want to wait for the game to come out here instead of fighting over theories. We'll all find out in due time, so calm down a little, everybody! ^^

Troppy
03-12-2003, 05:18 PM
I have to agree that this new Tidus-look-alike is not Tidus. If you take a look at Chappu, took him to a hairdresser, and bought him some decent clothes, he'd be the best Tidus cosplayer out there :p But, that of course is all in speculation, no one knows anything for sure at this point. ^^

You can see Chappu at the Farplane in X...I don't think it's him... then again, they never really explained WHAT the farplane was. Oh well...back on topic, yes?

RIKKU! COSTUME! :D

If anyone has a Gadzooks near them, in their current bikini stock, they have a white bikini with yellow/orange trim. If it was dyed, it would be the PERFECT non-falling-apart Rikku bikini! It's pricey though...but hey, if people like Wink are willing to spend over $100 on a glove, I'm sure SOMEONE would find it alright to spend $50 on a decent top...

Yuna
03-13-2003, 02:31 AM
FFX Spoiler wanring

:p Sin's 'toxin' was SO vague throughout that whole thing, Square could easily make something up with Tidus and Sin to get him to come back. And even if they don't, I hope he does, Tidus and Yuna belong together ^^

I think that Sins's "toxin" was just a story Yevon made up to explain the shock that people when through after loosing so many people they loved. Like, how men in various wars gor Shell Shock, along the lines of that premis.

As for Sin's powers, Sin never randomly gets new powers, Sin just gets more explained and involved. Sin, since the begining of the game, was the one connection between the Fayth's dream and Spira. Auron, being dead, was able to ride Sin between the two worlds because he was an unsent. What isn't explained is how the the Sin before Jeckt was able to find the pathway into the Fayth's dream and find Jeckt within and bring him into the real world/Spira. In my opinion that Sin before Jeckt was going not only after Jeckt, but after Tidus as well because Tidus always had a stronger connection to Spira and it's people then Jeckt did. Some how Yu Yevon's influence over the Aeon inside Sin wavered and Sin found its way into the Fayth's dream, and the cycle began. From Jeckt, to Auron, to Tidus.

Many things in FFX are implyed more then they are said. You have to talk to like *everyone* to get a compelte picture on certain things and simply have a vast experience in the game itself. It's like FFVII. One can NEVER understand FFVII their first time around, there are so many things that aren't said, that require knowledge and understanding of the background of each character to understand.

Yui
03-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Spoiler alert!! Read at own risk.

Okay, first of all, you need to include spoiler tags for when you post things that could potentially spoil anyhting for someone else.

Second off. Tidus was a DREAM OF THE FAYTH. There IS NO MORE FAYTH. If there was still Fayth, Yuna could summon, and entire premis of the ending of FFX would be, again, thrown out the window. IT'S NOT TIDUS. I'm not saying Tidus couldn't come back, no, that's not what I'm saying at all. I love Yuna and Tidus, and I love them even more together, but the fact remains, that THAT GUY WITH REN IS NOT TIDUS. If it was, the game would be shit, and I wouldn't believe it for a second. Yes, FFX is NOT real, but it has a certain reality in the game itself, even though it defies our perception of reality. It would be totally STUPID and ridiculous if Tidus just suddenly appeared again. FFX-2 has to have a plot. Finding a way to bring Tidus back is one of the accpects of the plot. Further, the entire idea that Tidus would come back and NOT feel a dramatic connection to Yuna and not have this drive to find the part of him that Yuna is, and to be with Ren, it fucking ridiculous. That would be the worst defilement of Tidus's character ever. Tidus found Yuna for a reason, they are connected, even in dreams, they are coonnected. To totally dismiss that connection for a stupid Yuna wanna-be pop-star makes sick, and if that's the case, then I want nothing to do with FFX-2, AT ALL.

Yes I saw the end credits, but that can be percieved any number of ways. I percieve that as the closure of the game; Tidus finally being at peace with himself and his father. And YES, FF games are unpredictable, so why the FUCK would they make something as predictable as showing concept art of Tidus so early? Did they have Yunaleska artwork out before the game? NO I have the artbook where all the art prior to FFX's release was recieved from. Don't try me on FFX sweetie, I know what I'm talking about.

EDIT:
:confused: Well, I made some mistakes in responding to the above, and once again, my words have seemingly betrayed my intentions. I was surprised to have found such a passionate debate brewing here on a costume forum (where I would have expected in game chat or maybe even serious discussion) and I got caught up in it unexpectantly. I have removed the original post here and will probably go make use of the rant board for my first time in its stead.

...and then I asked for some on-topic help, but I don't think I have any real desire to pursue that matter now either.

So please continue about your Rikku business, everyone. Sorry about the disturbance.

PretearWink
03-13-2003, 03:09 PM
Woo, debate debate ^_^ I agree, everyone is right because there is no one truth to how you interpret a game. It's sort of like a poem, you can speculate to the author's intentions, but what makes the poem great is what it signifies to you^_^

Anyway, back to our beloved little Al Bhed^_^

I was thinking about making my Gambler Rikku cards out of sheet metal or soemthing like that. Does anyone have any ideas where I could buy small rectangles like that pre-made or should I just go ahead, take a trip to Home Depot and start a-cutting?^_^ It's just that good sheet metal cutters are like 20 bucks where sheet metal is like 2 @.@

Rosiel
03-13-2003, 03:22 PM
> I was thinking about making my Gambler Rikku cards out of sheet metal or soemthing like that.

I would not do that. Sheet metal is very cutting, and even if you use a good metal file, you would need to file the edges nice and rounded if you don't want to accidentally injure yourself or others. Especially with something you will handle a lot.

I'd just go with cardboard. It would be easier to paint designs on it too. (Sheet metal hates paint.)

PretearWink
03-13-2003, 03:24 PM
Ah, good point^_^ The paint would chip right off and I'd probably kill myself or others with it considering how clutzy I am ^^; I guess I'll stick with cardboard and spray paint it metallic looking^_^ Thanks for the advice^_^

Admin
03-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Yui
Oh yeah...and since I don't wanna be totally off-topic here like you mods

If you have a problem with the mods, take it up with me personally and don't hint at some sort of impropriety on the message forum just to force them to have to defend themselves against some sort of implied, abuse-of-authority rhetoric.

Yui
03-13-2003, 08:46 PM
Acknowledged, sir. Didn't have a problem really...I simply encountered something I wasn't expecting to and then felt bad for getting off-topic myself, which is not why I came to this thread, as I said. So I guess the intended light-heartedness of that lead-in to my actual request for Rikku help was misread. I honestly apologize to anyone who felt they needed to defend themselves. I actually thought that people would just ignore one of my FF spiels yet again instead of respond to it.

So I won't say any more on this here. But, now my desire to help my sister with Rikku's props is diffusing... X_x* Sorry about that, Troppy. Looks like it's probably up to you. I got too many cosplays myself this year for me to make something I don't even have proper refs for.

Troppy
03-15-2003, 11:47 AM
argh, I'll make them if I can, Yui...now that we got a certain skit approved, a LOT OF PROP-MAKING is going into that, and I'd be lucky if I even have time... I also ran into a lot of trouble with gun-making and...argh, argh, argh. x_x I'll try though...but only after I know everything for MYSELF is secure.

Yeah, I'm selfish like that. Go Rikku.

Collie
03-15-2003, 03:21 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=28126

Rikku bikini.... ::adds to list of costumes to make::
~*~Collie~*~

Caryn
03-15-2003, 04:16 PM
I think this is warrior...whatever it is, new costume!!

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=28131

Caryn
03-15-2003, 04:25 PM
And here are clearer shots of gunner Rikku:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=28136

BabiiYunie
03-15-2003, 04:29 PM
? o_o will you be making that costume caryn?

Caryn
03-15-2003, 04:31 PM
Nope, I'm gonna make the swimsuit if I have time/money after Sara Mudou and Lenne, though.

I'm putting up these pics for the other Rikku cosplayers who might be interested :)

BabiiYunie
03-15-2003, 04:35 PM
lol! yay we're gonna be a beach volleyball group, i'd be making the yuna one, if i diet in time lmao

Collie
03-15-2003, 04:40 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=28142

DARK GUNNER RIKKU!
~*~Collie~*~

PretearWink
03-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Arg too many costumes to make @.@ I'm gonna overload @.@

*jots down gunner Rikku and warrior Rikku*

BabiiYunie
03-15-2003, 08:24 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=28198&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500 RIKKU IN HOT SPRING BIKINI! LOL

Collie
03-15-2003, 08:37 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=28202&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500
~*~Collie~*~

BabiiYunie
03-15-2003, 08:41 PM
O WOWWIE! WHERE DID U GET THAT MAGGGGGGGGGG THE GAMBLER COSTUME JUST GREAT!

PretearWink
03-15-2003, 09:14 PM
OMG did you make that?? It's amazing!!! *dies* X.X

Carmila
03-15-2003, 09:45 PM
Oh, this looks like it is going to be lots of fun! Especially with better pictures of Gunner Rikku. Now I have something better to go by! Thanks you all!

Collie
03-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by BabiiYunie
O WOWWIE! WHERE DID U GET THAT MAGGGGGGGGGG THE GAMBLER COSTUME JUST GREAT!

The magazine was from Kinokuniya (sp?) in Seattle.
~*~Collie~*~

Daitenshi
03-16-2003, 02:08 AM
I can't wait to see the official (nice and clear and detailed) pics *_* I wonder how many more costumes will pop up once people recieve their games tomorrow.

Collie
03-16-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Daitenshi
I can't wait to see the official (nice and clear and detailed) pics *_* I wonder how many more costumes will pop up once people recieve their games tomorrow.

Tomorrow? The game is out though.....? I thought it came out on the 13th?
~*~Collie~*~

RealizeDOP
03-16-2003, 10:38 AM
O.O ***mumble mumble*** O.O Stupid game has been delayed for me.....It wont be shipped out till Monday... ***mumble mumble*** Stupid weather conditions in Japan!!!!!

Sana-chan
03-16-2003, 11:58 AM
Oo Carolina where didja get your FFX-2 copy from? Because everywhere I've looked has been really expensive, and then of course w/ a mod chip ontop of that they were all getting really pricy which wasn't what I had expected.

Limeyaku
03-16-2003, 06:05 PM
omg. i come back from florida today ( was good ^_^ ) and im CRAZY OVERWHELMED WITH ALL THIS NEW FFX2 STUFF! *dies*

im so happy *_*

i'm gonna be making all the rikkus one day...one day...just as soon as i find stretchy NICE yellow material. ~_~ i think i might use more of a golden colour for the bathing suit since its as close to yellow as i can find around here since im making it out of REAL bathing suit material so it's wearable for actual swimming. ^_^

crap. everyone else's rikku stuffs are so good. T_T im gonna hafta work extra extra hard! ^0^

YAY!

its good to be bakc.

Troppy
03-16-2003, 08:14 PM
wheee! Limeyaku! <3 I was WONDERING where you were...*missed her Canadian Rikku darling* XD

Did you ever get your Rikku scarf done? :E

Ina
03-16-2003, 08:24 PM
there you are limeyaku!!! you just disappeared all of a sudden!!! lol, hope you had a great time in florida!!! anywhuu, any rikku costume updates?

PretearWink
03-17-2003, 12:21 AM
You were in Florida?? Holy cow! Wish I coulda seen you--- er.... damn tourists! *shakes fist* :p

Ryukku
03-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Wheee... Your back Limeyaku!! ^^ it is good to have you back <3
Oh... just dreaming of Florida... ah... lol ^^;;
I've never been there, and are going to when I am older ^^

OMG!!! have you guys seen, Dark Knight Rikku with "AURONS" final weapon (sword) and yuna with tidus's @____@
it is confusing, yeah ^^;; and um.. paine have a new kinda sword ^^ All of em looks AWESOME with the FFX-boys swords ^^ YAY!!

Limeyaku
03-17-2003, 12:17 PM
yes yes i am back. ^_^ wow. i didn't think people would even notice i was gone. LOL!!

haven't done my scarf yet! heki-chan needs to send it to me first. ^^;;

I did though, make bootcovers which i HOPE look ok. I'm gonna upload some pics in a bit. ^-^ They're already inaccurate cuz im using heeled boots but so is everyone else in my group so i dunt wanna be a midget. ^-^;; So...you guys tell me if it looks alrite, plz and thx. ^_^

I'm altering the top yet AGAIN. I'm painting white biastape the same orangey-yellow as the ribbon that holds it together, and then re-trimming the edges. It's too yellow right now. bleh.

i remade my X rikku pouch tho! I LOVE IT> *_* and i remade the glove straps and shirt...well...the shirts just pieces right now but it's a start.

any new x2 rikku pics? ^_^

arisuchan
03-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Limeyaku!!! *^^* saying hi to you actually got me to post in the Rikku thread.

Please hurry up and get us pics of your Rikku costume, I think we're all anxious to see it *^^*

Limeyaku
03-17-2003, 12:50 PM
LOL!!! ^^

I put up a bunch of pics of my X2 boot cover so far. @_@;; hope it's okay...It's only a test run though, so i neeeeeeeeeed comments and helpful stuffs! ^_^

*goes to upload new X stuff too even though it's not done yet. ^^;; *

OH! And thanks to Ryukku for the SUPER hairstyling tip! I tried it last nite and LOVED IT! It made me look MUCH more like Rikku and less....retardedish. LOL!

Limeyaku
03-17-2003, 02:18 PM
^__________^ 3 new rikkus. yaaaaaaay!

1st - Dark Knight ( NOT fencer/warrior )

Limeyaku
03-17-2003, 02:21 PM
and....2nd...Whitemage Rikku.

im not really impressed with this one...it's pretty much EXACTLY the same as Yuna's except for a few minor pattern changes. and it's longer and has a turban like thing instead of a hood. meh...oh well. i'll make it anyways. ^_^

argh...i wish we were allowed to /upload/ screenshots. i feel terrible spamming like this. ._.

yahoo and that though, is just WAY too much of a hassle to upload at...n then all you guys would have to copy n paste everything. x_x if that'd be better though, lemme know, okay? ^-^

or is there a way to add multiple attatchments??

ANYWYAS!!...bwuahaha. she has Yunas wind staff. XD

Limeyaku
03-17-2003, 02:24 PM
and 3rdly....this...thing.

aeon class? mascot class? overdrive? i dono. but it's wierd. o_O she looks like a Zora ( from zelda )...

erm...

is it possible to alter a CHAIR? LOL!!!! ^^;;

Troppy
03-17-2003, 04:35 PM
wow, that monster-rider thing is SCARY BEANS... O.o;;

and as for her with Wind Rod...grr, that makes me ang-yyy...I purposely made Wind Rod to be different from other Yunas, now Yuna doesnt even use it in X-2...*shakes fist*

Carmila
03-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Man, Dark Knight looks like a human porcupine! My friend Kristine would have a hay day with this. The monster thing is just WRONG! I am serious. It is perfectly scary.

nyamiko_chan
03-17-2003, 09:07 PM
OMG..not fair!!!

*hit Aubz with many pillows*

you JUST had to some me those *sniffle* I LOVE the white mage Rikku ^.~!!

ah well at least i can plan forem...XD thanks so much!!

RealizeDOP
03-18-2003, 11:22 AM
O.O Woo! I just got home from Atlanta!!! Welcome Back Aubz~~~ Hope you had fun in florida!!!! As for were i got the game:

www.ncsx.org

This place is great and I trust them very much! we have always gotten our games from them!

Finally they are sending stuff out today!!! *.* Hopefully we will e lucky and get one of the yuna straps for free! Heehee *.* I shall steal it from my brother <

O.o Can you imagine how much money Squaresoft will make if they made figures of all the outfits O.o ***dies and waves goodbye to her walleT***

BabiiYunie
03-18-2003, 03:10 PM
i guess u can say *spoiler* new costumes, http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=28584

Carmila
03-18-2003, 03:17 PM
Can someone please try and tell me what rikku turns into?? What is that, a dinosaur??

Limeyaku
03-18-2003, 09:19 PM
i've seen most of rikkus classes now! ^_^ including item shooter, samurai and berserker...wow...uh...hehe

should i upload each collage on it's own or make you guys wait and make a photo album ( on yahoo or seomthing ) of all her costumes? ^^

Carmila
03-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Album would be nice. I need to get cracking for the Group and I have to figure out what I am going to do yet!

Limeyaku
03-18-2003, 10:51 PM
http://ca.briefcase.yahoo.com/rikkustuff

i worked hard! ^0^ I'll be scouring the net for more and more screenshots to add so send them my way if they'd be useful in there! ^_______^

enjoy!

i luv it *_* all the rikkuness right at our fingertips XD

Collie
03-18-2003, 11:03 PM
http://ca.briefcase.yahoo.com/rikkustuff

i worked hard! ^0^ I'll be scouring the net for more and more screenshots to add so send them my way if they'd be useful in there! ^_______^

enjoy!

i luv it *_* all the rikkuness right at our fingertips XD

Whoa. That's awesome! =)
~*~Collie~*~

Carmila
03-19-2003, 12:21 AM
Limeyaku, you rock so much! I love the Popstar and the Samurai forms so much!

Daitenshi
03-19-2003, 12:45 AM
Limeyaku,
Thanks so much for doing that!
I'm still waiting for all of those official pics *_* Anyone know when the artbook/guide book is coming out in Japan? I'm surprised that I haven't seen any on Yahoo Japan yet ;-;

Rosieal
03-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Limeyaku! *worship* *worship* Thanks so much! I'm contemplating on a Dark Gunner Rikku in place of the Sephiroth. It's about time I cosplay, not crossplay. XD

I'm still very much confused looking at the pictures, though. Is her top haltered or something?

[Edit: From what I can see, it's basically her default outfit MINUS the scarf and the triangle-top bikini, PLUS the red violet stockings with black bands, the blue/yellow side-back skirt, the purple gloves and the purple top which I am not sure what it is exactly.]