PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to the ICon?

Chibi-Lisa
01-23-2003, 07:51 PM
I'm just curious, I would like to have a small group to cos with me.... Post if there are any ideas....

Thanx ^^

sailor-moon
01-23-2003, 09:57 PM
ill be there (3rd year) and am planning on have a cosplay group, of what i dont know yet^^ heheeee

SailorMo
01-23-2003, 11:10 PM
i'm going with a couple of friends... as what, if anything, no clue yet... little more concerned with katsucon right now.. tho, mebbe an elf.. good time to wear Hogwarts robes... something WARM!

Chibi-Lisa
01-24-2003, 11:20 AM
Yay!!! I would love to be in a group ^^
My Brother goes there, and I'm sure I'll be able to go!!!

::Gets Excited::
......Hmmm.....what to do...

Maybe we can Cos, Sailor Moon, since you all look like SM fans ^^

sailor-moon
01-24-2003, 11:27 AM
im just glad there will be more cosplayers showing up at icon ^^ the last 2 yrs i went it was kinda void of any anime cosplayers-.-

Chibi-Lisa
01-24-2003, 11:28 AM
Err, Sooo that means no Cosplaying Anime characters?

sailor-moon
01-24-2003, 11:29 AM
there are, but not many^^

SailorMo
01-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Actually, not many in costume, *period*. Most are in ren garb and behind a table. Last year, there were Stormtroopers, Buffy & Spike.. Lori was in Sailor Cosmos.. Tikki & Rosiel were in costume, but stuck in the dealers room most of the time.. I wore my psuedo Battle Royale gettup.. At the cosplay, we also had a Princess Mononoke group, a DB group, a couple of Kenshins... I'm drawing a blank on the others... O.o

Like I've said before, ICON isn't really a good cosplay con, that is, unless you're in the dealer's room all day... (right, Rosiel?.. if you're even reading this..) Everything is all over the campus and it seems to be the windiest place on earth too... You need a coat. Or at least a warm costume. Heh, that's probably why ren garb is so prevalent-- throw on a cloak, and you're still in costume!

Don't get me wrong, it needs more cosplayers, that's for sure, but be aware of the cons-- It will be cold, and probably rainy. (It's in March, after all..) You have to walk from building to building (ie. be outside a whole lot). There's no place to dump your coat. And it's a LONG walk from the parking lot!

I'm thinking of getting Misha from Pita Ten done for it.. Should be warm enough. Heh-- no Sailor Moon costumes for me-- temp goes below 70 and I freeze in them! n_n

sailor-moon
01-24-2003, 02:13 PM
yea-.- its cold when i wear my moonie gettups to icon-.- ^^ but its a tradition^^ hehehehee ::will wear a different moonie gettup for every I-Con:D :::

Carrot Glace
01-24-2003, 02:25 PM
I'm definately going. Besides, I promised my old buddy Sergio (a teacher at Stony Brook, and con staff member) that I'd be there. I'm really looking forward to their first karaoke.

Chibi-Lisa
01-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Well, I always have my brother's dorm room to crash at. And soo, I think I'll actually Cos Sailor V! ^^ It's not a denfinite yet, I wanna buy the materials first before I make anything offical. (I'll probly buy them this weekend). (Sorry about not PMing yah sailor-moon, your PM box was full ^^;; )

Oshidori
01-24-2003, 09:35 PM
i'll be going too! If my brother-in-law can manage not to get kicked out of school by then, we can stay in his dorm. Here's to hopin lol

sailor-moon
01-24-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Chibi-Lisa
Well, I always have my brother's dorm room to crash at. And soo, I think I'll actually Cos Sailor V! ^^ It's not a denfinite yet, I wanna buy the materials first before I make anything offical. (I'll probly buy them this weekend). (Sorry about not PMing yah sailor-moon, your PM box was full ^^;; )

^_~. great^.^ ::goes to empty box::^^;

Chibi-Lisa
01-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Hmmm......I wonder who else is cosing?