PDA

View Full Version : Dante DMC 3

Dark_dreamer
07-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Hey guys,

my friend is tryin to go to otakon as dante from DMC3 but we can't find a red leather trenchcoat that looks like dante's. anyone know where we can get one??

halafax
07-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Its not red leather, its velvet

Backslider
07-29-2005, 05:27 PM
I have one. :)

1wingedangel
07-29-2005, 06:13 PM
you dont want leather i got a black leather coat for my kroenen costume and i was hella hot and it was heavy. i found red pleather and bout a bunch of it because i was thinking of doing a dante costume. it was hard to find and most places are going to charge alot for a custome coat like that.

Backslider
07-29-2005, 07:16 PM
I disagree.. I used a leather coat for my DMC3 dante and it worked out great. It wasn't that hot either..seeing as you don't wear a shirt underneath or anything.

1wingedangel
07-30-2005, 01:45 AM
thats ture i for got about that. did you use baby powder or any thing you still must get sweaty and nasty with just leather.

Backslider
07-30-2005, 04:46 AM
thats ture i for got about that. did you use baby powder or any thing you still must get sweaty and nasty with just leather.

No.. I didn't use anything.. the inside of my jacket wasn't leather though.. it has some sort of lining... and when I did get sweaty and sticky.. I dealt with it... it isn't that bad.

AllStarAlice
07-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Altering a pre-existing coat can be tough, because the design has to match the patterns on Dante's coat. Any sort of jacket made of pleather/leather/vinyl is going to be hot and sticky if it doesn't have lining. A friend of mine's Vash coat is made of pleather, and he referred to it as "a ziplock bag that holds in the heat" =P

If you're skilled enough I'd say for sure to just try and make your own pattern for the coat. Otherwise you might have to try your luck online for a pre-existing coat~

Dark_dreamer
07-30-2005, 04:40 PM
I have one. :)

u have a trenchcoat similar to dante's???? where'd u get it or did u make it? do u have any pics of it?

1wingedangel
07-30-2005, 09:29 PM
they way i made my kroenen nazi coat was from a matrix coat pattern. i hand to do some alterations to it but it was easy. i think you could do the same with dates coat.

Backslider
07-31-2005, 04:32 AM
u have a trenchcoat similar to dante's???? where'd u get it or did u make it? do u have any pics of it?

Mm.. it's not very similar. It doesn't have all the detail (such as zippers and slit) but I think it looks more realistic than morst dmc3 jackets I've seen. Pictures are on my profile.

wolfpriest101
09-08-2007, 12:04 PM
What paint did you use to make the jacket that color I would like to know if you dont mind sharing?

Link_Harkanian
09-08-2007, 07:54 PM
*goes over notes* DMC3 dante is a leather coat, DMC1 is Velvet, suede, or some kind of canvas texure, while DMC2 appears to be some varient of cortiroi(sp?). And moding a pre-existing coat will be hard, I learne dthat myself.