PDA

View Full Version : How do you make this? o.O

Crimzon LuNa
07-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Hey there! I'm planning to make a Zhang He's outfit from the game Dynasty Warriors 5, I know it's kind of early to be asking since the con that I go to is a year away but I have no idea whatsoever on how to make it, like how should I go about to make the pattern and what materials should I use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Here's a pic of what he looks like - zhang he (http://www.yueying.net/dw/_imgs/official/Dynasty%20Warriors%205%20Artbook/Zhang%20He%20CG.jpg)

Impaled_Visions
07-29-2005, 11:06 PM
The picture doesnt work for me

Pliskin
07-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Looks like the armor on the torso would be done well either in foam/plastic (fiberglass phobic, I forget what the url is) or in papermache/modge podge, depending on how comfortable you are with curves.

The lower-parts someone else is going to have to help with, since my area of specialty tends to be armor, lol.

FueledByJen
07-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Well ... let's break the pants down: the base is basically tight pants, in a textured blue color, then there's the chain details, boots, and belt/cape.

You could possibly find lycra bike pants or something similar for the base, though to match colors to the top you'll probably have to make them with the same material. I think it'd be cool to use real chain for the chains ... you could possibly use plastic chain (found at hardwear stores or craft stores, either for swing sets or hanging plant baskets, etc.) and spray paint them metallic silver. That way they wouldn't be heavy but would still be 3D! Tacking them on the pants shouldnt be a problem after that. THEN, the belt/cape, as I'm calling it, is basically a thick belt part with three sections hanging down from it. The most difficult thing here are the details on the sections. You could do a combination of fabric paint, material, and trim to replicate it. I'm not super artistic and would fudge over this part .. hee hee, but good luck. Same thing with the boots, you'd have to make boot covers and then paint on the details. There are lost of other threads and tutorials about these specific aspects. Check HERE (http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costumes/helmsdeep.html) for a super good foam armor tutorial.
This is a beautiful costume and it would be just awesome if you could pull it off! Good luck!

Crimzon LuNa
07-30-2005, 10:16 PM
OMG! I should have checked back here sooner ^^'

Thanks so much for the help! ^_^